After getting Thrawn and Palp at level 82, where now?

gufu21
335 posts Member
edited September 2018
I'm asking for a friend, but I'm sort of his main advisor and feel some responsibility to lead him right. (He doesn't have an swgoh.gg account yet.)

So a friend of mine just hit level 82, and he got Thrawn and the Palpatine a couple weeks ago. Of course, he's been maining Phoenix in arena, but they're going down fast. His roster is pretty thin since he was making bee line for Thrawn. So with what he's got, I've suggested that he works toward an Empire team, since the most powerful toons he has now are 7* g9 EP and Thrawn. He can add a 7* g8 Tarkin/TFP, a 6* g8 Vader, and a 7* g9 KRU as stand-in tank. (Besides Phoenix, his other 7* toons are Boba, Phasma, Biggs, and Starck.)

Here's my conundrum: While this is clearly the most powerful team he can put together at the moment, I know that the second that Bastilas on his shard start getting zetes, his EP team is going down in flames.

Have I steered him wrong? Should I be steering him toward Bastila instead (which he has a 3*), ignoring that his best toons are Empire? Or dowe just make the best with Empire while we can as a he continues farming for CLS?

Replies

• I would say thats right just because he's already near a very good empire team with Palp, THrawn, Vader, TFP and Tark.

Since he's so close he can get that maxed out quick then can start working towards the next arena team while still being competitive in the shard.
  • thedrjojo
    949 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    gufu21 wrote: »
    I'm asking for a friend, but I'm sort of his main advisor and feel some responsibility to lead him right. (He doesn't have an swgoh.gg account yet.)

So a friend of mine just hit level 82, and he got Thrawn and the Palpatine a couple weeks ago. Of course, he's been maining Phoenix in arena, but they're going down fast. His roster is pretty thin since he was making bee line for Thrawn. So with what he's got, I've suggested that he works toward an Empire team, since the most powerful toons he has now are 7* g9 EP and Thrawn. He can add a 7* g8 Tarkin/TFP, a 6* g8 Vader, and a 7* g9 KRU as stand-in tank. (Besides Phoenix, his other 7* toons are Boba, Phasma, Biggs, and Starck.)

Here's my conundrum: While this is clearly the most powerful team he can put together at the moment, I know that the second that Bastilas on his shard start getting zetes, his EP team is going down in flames.

Have I steered him wrong? Should I be steering him toward Bastila instead (which he has a 3*), ignoring that his best toons are Empire? Or dowe just make the best with Empire while we can as a he continues farming for CLS?

My ep team still dominates zBastila teams. Even when zBastila teams have Hoda and GK, it's not goes down in flames. Both teams win on offense. Ep is still the most common leader on top of shards...

He should follow the natural progression, using that empire team, building his sith toons (nihilus and Sion) and start getting cls and jtr ready. He gets old Ben that way. He can also farm bastila easily so if he wants to do Jedi he can pivot in short order.

Hopefully he's in a hrancor and hpit guild and can start getting Han and GK shards.
  • Yeah - EP teams still dominate arena. They can even handle the weaker bastzilla teams by making sure EP and Vader have some potency via mods.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/