Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

191011121315Next

Replies

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Ok these upgraded marque events can stay, I wish they were all always like this, lol

A Marquee marquee if you will.

I see them more as a Marquee's Marquee marquee.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Ok these upgraded marque events can stay, I wish they were all always like this, lol

The prizes in this event completely blow the Smugglers event out of the water. I was very impressed with the look we got.
  • I get the complaints about the recent overdose of marquees but I personally think this one raised the bar.

The rewards were worthy of not pressing auto and the bonus missions with zetas was a pleasant surprise. Add the sliding materials, gear and mods and bingo!

Downside is now anything less than this will feel tame in comparison.

I'll say 'Good job, devs!' and hope this is the future of marquees or the start of something even better.
  • The additional gear, omegas, and zetas were an excellent addition to this marque. While I'm still looking forward to more Legendaries, this is a good step in the right direction for marquees. Even if future marquees aren't quite as loaded with rewards, this was still a pleasant surprise.

Also, it'd be great if the mods dropped were more relevant to the character in the marquee too - like Crit sets, for example. Health mods are getting a bit old.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Jango Fett is not legendary, but OT Chewbacca.

Which character SWGoH could need to add are Sugi, Latts Razzi (and Marrok):
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164529/megathread-collected-ideas-for-characters-ships/p1
  • Haha. The only good thing of Cg in the past 9 months, and the first reaction is that theyll discontinue it immediately. Utter nonsense.
  • This thread is far too long for me to read it all so apologies if already mentioned. Why not have regular marquees and legendary marquees? Legendary ones get the juiced up rewards.

It's too late for jango but the extra missions could give 1 or 2 (make it same for everyone) extra shards a day on top of the slicing salvage. Eventually giving enough to make the legendary marquee 4* if completed every day?

Jus a thought going forwards.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    So much complaining...many of you are little children who throw a fit when what happens isn't what you perceive as fair. Thankfully CG understands there is always going to be a population of entitled players who spend zero, expect the world, and whine to anyone who will listen to the injustices forced upon them.

Nice generalization.
    As a whale (bought nest and bastila 7 star) and someone who will buy jango and consider 7 starring him.... im still not liking the lack of communication around this one

And yes my $300 purchases do net me the right to complain about things i see wrong with the game. (I also spent $10 this morning and even that should give me the right to state my dislike of the communication surrounding this)

But again generalize all you want, ill still be complaining when its warranted and praising when its warranted. Such is the role i play as a paying whale.

You are going to have eat a lot more krill before you can call yourself a whale, young Nemo. Hope you are enjoying your purchases!

Oh thats not all i buy weekly... but last two characters i full on purchased
  • These kind of rewards are much better, sure not going to be the norm but maybe something close to it should be considered.

One big thing for post marquee, how about adding a new toon to Cantina store or GW store?
    Rework the light/dark nodes, remove some of the garbage gear from T5 and up plus increase the payout, either rework the drop rate or make it so all nodes have a chance of double shards, either 1 shard of two toons or 2 shards of one.

Also for ship node farming, the energy is too slow for 20 energy nodes, either lower node cost, increase payout or increase energy regen. Those are the fatigue issues more then marquee events.
  • I like the new Kamino backgrounds. I finally got to play a PvP session in the Starkiller snow Forrest. Waiting to see a battlefield in Jabba’s Throne room with Lapti Nek playing.

Rewards for the 3 bonus events in the Marquee were welcomed and the event keeps on giving for 6 more days of mod salvage.
  • I like the new Kamino backgrounds. I finally got to play a PvP session in the Starkiller snow Forrest. Waiting to see a battlefield in Jabba’s Throne room with Lapti Nek playing.

Rewards for the 3 bonus events in the Marquee were welcomed and the event keeps on giving for 6 more days of mod salvage.

Yes! I would love that. Lapti Nek is so superior to that Jedi Rocks nonsense.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    CG have heard that "we" don't like marquees. I'm concerned that only the most vocal critics are being heard here.

I'm not FTP, so there's another reason to shout me down, but my perspective is just as important. I actually find the marquee release cadence to be something that works fairly well. I hardly ever buy the whale packs, I tend to wait the 4-6 weeks until the character appears in shipments, and this frequently occurs around the 4 week mark.

This makes characters significantly easier and quicker to obtain than they were in the old days before a release cadence was established, or even earlier when we were forced to participate in tournaments, or when we were paying double the shipment price via Aurodiums, or when we just had to try our luck with the dreaded Chromiums.

A lot of people are forgetting just how bad things used to be, in 2016 I was ranting on these forums every week. This May I returned to SWGOH, after a 9 month break, to find a much more reasonable and predictable business model, and I no longer feel like I'm being unfairly manipulated or exploited.

@CG_Carrie is honestly a breath of fresh air, I think a lot of players have either forgotten how this game used to be run or were not here to experience it first-hand.

Regarding Legendary and Hero's Journey events, why are these supposedly more FTP friendly? I don't remember anyone rejoicing about how easy or inexpensive it was to farm Phoenix for Thrawn, or to farm the Vets for JTR. How are these preferable or easier to obtain?

My arena's top 20 has several FTP (or virtually) 3* and 4* Bastilas taking down the top whale Traya teams, would that have been possible without putting her in a ... marquee?

TL;DR:

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. Marquees are, to date, the most whale + dolphin + FTP friendly character release solution CG have come up with. The only mistake they've made is to release too many in a row, without something different to break them up - and they've vocally acknowledged that.

I dread the end of the marquee system, long may it continue.

You really think we don't know that's you Carrie?

Yep totally agree or could be one of their PR people. What a joke

Okay, Alex Jones, that's enough out of you. Tin foil is for your baked potato, not as headgear.

Lmao... I take it you didn't catch sarcasm :)
    Notice the WHAT A JOKE part at the end genius ;)

Although your comment was funnier than mine I give you that lol :)

Sorry, then. I read the “what a joke” at the bottom and assumed you were saying it like, “what a joke that they have schill accounts on here” and not “yeah, right, what a joke.”

Hard to tell sarcasm from sincerity sometimes!

Oh no hard feelings at all my friend... I know text can sometimes be misinterpreted because the lack of emotions. Seriously I took no offense I promise and honestly I loved your comment to me. My wife was rolling when I read it to her. All fun and games and I hope you have a wonderful day where ever you are :)
  • Stop overpricing all the new characters. It shouldn't cost 300 dollars to 7 star anything. You could buy a whole new gaming system with that...
  • IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    Stop overpricing all the new characters. It shouldn't cost 300 dollars to 7 star anything. You could buy a whole new gaming system with that...

Just wait a month or so and buy them once they go to shipments. 80 crystals per shard is much better than the packs. (But buy the bundle, that’s usually a good value.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Coran_Horn
    58 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Did anyone get carbantis at one point of the event like promised ? I don’t recall on my part but can’t be 100% sure...
    Stop overpricing all the new characters. It shouldn't cost 300 dollars to 7 star anything. You could buy a whole new gaming system with that...

It’s the gaming model. Why sell it for $1 to a million people, it’s smarter to offer it at $300 and only make $18k.

It’s the gaming model. Why sell it for $1 to a million people, it’s smarter to offer it at $300 and only make $18k.

Haha. Dead!! If it was even $50 to guarantee a 7* character they would make mountains more than they make now. Even if you could buy the 13.99 pack say 5 times it's better than this.
  • The problem is making it £50 for a toon more would buy it but then they would have nothing to farm and use crystals on later on. Except for normal energy nodes for gear. Less content to grab means they would have to release even more toons to stop the game getting too stale.
  • Good. Maybe then we'd have key ships and characters we're sorely lacking.
  • DK_Raid_Violator
    241 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    While the event was not, the rewards was...wait for it...

giphy.gif
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »

Haha. Dead!! If it was even $50 to guarantee a 7* character they would make mountains more than they make now. Even if you could buy the 13.99 pack say 5 times it's better than this.

EA sucks at a lot of things. Getting the most cash out of a product isn’t one of them. If selling the character for $50 made them more money they would do it. Also keep in mind it’s not about making the most off of a specific character, but overall. Selling characters for $300 also creates the illusion than these $10 and $20 packs are a good deal. $10 for 30 character shards and people hop all over it. That’s still pretty poor value. They’d sell a lot fewer of those if you could buy the character for cheaper.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Marquee system is fine as it is. You'll eventually be able to farm everything in game. Try playing those gacha type games where you have maybe 0.1% chance of getting what you want and you'll know this is so much better. Yes, a single hard node seems like it takes forever to farm but at least you'll know that there is an end in sight.

Agree. The problem was never Marquee per se, it's how Marquee characters become farmable (read: single hard node farms). That gets extremely tiresome. I'm pretty sure they could put a few in long-neglected stores every now and then and still make plenty of bank. At least a few recent ones are on multiple hard nodes.

Still, I'd rather have this than, as you mentioned, the "gacha" system where you can play for years and never get a particular character. I've been playing Puzzle and Dragons for over 4 years and there's still a lot of fairly key characters I've not managed to pull having spent over $1k on that nonsense. I've been f2p in that game for a couple of years, now. Nothing they can do will ever make me spend another dime (which I doubt they care...I already dumped plenty into it).

This discussion has been closed.