Sith Raid Changes [MEGATHREAD]

Prev1345678
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited September 2018
DEV POST
Hi Holotable Heroes,

We’ve released Mods 2.0 and now the top question on everyone’s mind is, “When and what are the Sith Raid changes?” We will be launching the changes detailed below along with the release that has the legendary Chewbacca in it, but today I want to walk you through how we are improving the Sith Triumvirate Raid to feel less time consuming and more rewarding. The majority of these changes do not impact the Heroic tier as we still want this to be a difficult milestone to work toward, but the path to get there shouldn’t be as arduous. We want players to master the mechanics while building up a solid roster to be able to complete higher tiers of the raid.

As we discussed in our previous post, we are improving the rewards in two ways. First, we’re adding Mod Salvage to high tiers to give Guilds a reason to move up to Tier 6 or Heroic. Second, we’re removing some of the Challenge gear from the rewards that you’re already earning from the Daily Challenges and giving you a better chance to get gear you need to progress to the next tier.

We also want to lessen the feeling of “what on Earth do I do here?” that may make you feel like you need to restart the raid multiple times to get a decent damage score. Part of this feeling is from the learning curve of this complex raid and that, we believe, is natural. This should decrease as you play the raid more and figure out the nuances to the mechanics. The other piece though is some of the denser mechanical difficulty that is driven by Nihilus’ Annihilate and Traya’s lightsabers. Both of these mechanics are hard to predict and often drives people to start over when things don’t go as planned at the lower tiers.

Finally, we have reduced Raid boss health across the board in every tier except Heroic. After playing through the raid with all the changes above, we still felt the time needed to complete the raid was too long, and reducing boss health will speed things along in non-Heroic tiers.

Changes to the Raid:
Let’s start with our changes to Annihilate in Phases 1 and 4 (All Tiers including Heroic). Nihilus’ basic attack will no longer reduce the cooldowns of Drain Force and Annihilate when they remove a buff. Guessing whether Nihilus was going to attack a buffed ally and then chain into Drain Force was critical to not losing a character early in the fight but it was easy to get caught off guard. Drain Force will still reduce the cooldown of Annihilate but you can predict and counter it with careful use of Unbreakable Will.

The next part of the mechanics changes involve Traya in Phase 3 (Tiers 1-6). We have changed Traya’s lightsabers to no longer dispel or apply debuffs based on the buff they start with. The sabers will still have random buffs, but this adjustment will hopefully decrease the need to restart until they get the right combination of buffs on the lightsabers because of the paired debuffs.

Last up for the mechanic changes, Boss health has been reduced in Tiers 1-6. This will speed up completion rate and result in Guilds being rewarded more often. This also encourages Guilds to attempt higher tiers more frequently. The chart below shows how much health has been reduced to all bosses at that tier.
4rFKtl6.png
All of these numbers are still in the final tuning process, but are close to release values.

Changes to Rewards:
Guilds will be completing the raid faster with the changes above which means more rewards overall. We also wanted to increase the quality of those rewards at the higher tiers of the raid. We could see from the participation data in different tiers that many guilds were skipping tiers 5 and 6 as the increased effort was not worth the small increase in rewards.

To address this gap, rewards for Tier 6 and above now include Mod Salvage and we are removing some of the Challenge gear from the AAT prize box that has been stacking up in your inventory because you’re already earning it in Daily Challenges. This will give you a better chance to get the gear you need to progress to the next tier and make the rewards feel consistently better than before.

Added Mod Salvage Reward to Tiers 6 and Heroic (5-12 Salvage in Tier 6 and 7-14 Salvage in Heroic of one of the following)
  • MK1 Bonding Pin
  • MK1 Fusion Disk
  • MK1 Power Flow Control Chip
  • MK1 Fusion Coil

Removed gear from AAT Reward Box
  • Mk 8 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage
  • Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage
  • Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Salvage
  • Mk 9 Fabritech Data Pad Salvage
Please note this will impact Tier 6/Heroic AAT and Tier 5/6/Heroic STR
Please also note that we are still doing some final tuning and this may result in a few more minor changes not listed above. We will detail all final changes in the patch notes when this releases.

We look forward to hearing your feedback and discussion on these changes.

DEV POST

Replies

• So I'm guessing these changes will take place sometime next week then?
  • Please consider keeping in the MK8 biotech implant. They are very rare like carbantis...

Otherwise, great changes! Thanks
  • Sounds like the next Content Update which would be Wed/Thursday.
  • I know a lot of none heroic guilds are going to be happy about this(Those who haven't been destroyed by the long wait)
    Even though I'm in a heroic guild I'm super happy, as this gives the game a future
    But we still need toons that will make Heroic fun, but I'm sure you have some planned in the future
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I understand that Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage is challenge gear but at the higher levels, you run out of it quite easily (unlike the other challenge gear being removed). I would recommend keeping the implant salvage.
  • Overall a great update, but why oh why did you remove the most valuable piece of non g12 gear in there?
  • MK8 Biotech Implant is one of the more rare pieces. Look at it this way. If the piece is part of the Strength Challenge, we need thousands of them and may have only a few. For any other challenge pieces, we have thousands of them and need a few hundred.

I am sure you have this data. Removing this particular piece from the rewards will be considered a Nerf for upper tier players if it is not replaced with a greater chance to receive a fully crafted MK8 biotech implant.
  • I think you guys are confusing salvage with the components. I have 850 salvage.
  • I think you guys are confusing salvage with the components. I have 850 salvage.

Nope. I have less than 60 of the salvage (it gets used every time I hit 60, I’ve got so many characters waiting on it). It’s also the more expensive piece in the stores.
  • Overall, these changes seem quite good, but I would like to object on the removal of the "Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage" from boxes. Some of us are really short on those and actually need more of them. Despite them being theoretically plentiful from challenges, so many characters require so many of these that yes, some of us have run out of them.
  • This was quick and as said above helps the health of the game.

There is something to be said here though. You all made this raid. And there has been constant problems with it. From nerfing toons to rewards etc.

Going further what are the devs going to do about creating more content. Hopefully we do not get stuck in this position again.

• I’m glad you’re finally reducing the health, and it’s not just 5%. One problem I still see is that there’s no increase to rewards in lower tiers. Maybe you could up the guild currency and add a bit of guild event currency?

Nope. I have less than 60 of the salvage (it gets used every time I hit 60, I’ve got so many characters waiting on it). It’s also the more expensive piece in the stores.

Really the component is the part that take me awhile to farm. That and the stun guns.
  • I understand that Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage is challenge gear but at the higher levels, you run out of it quite easily (unlike the other challenge gear being removed). I would recommend keeping the implant salvage.
    100% agree, the rest of the update is amazing and kudos to you, but just consider leaving the MK8 NioTech Implant Salvage in!
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    I understand that Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage is challenge gear but at the higher levels, you run out of it quite easily (unlike the other challenge gear being removed). I would recommend keeping the implant salvage.
    100% agree, the rest of the update is amazing and kudos to you, but just consider leaving the MK8 NioTech Implant Salvage in!

^^ this is what makes me afraid of asking for things. This has been something many many players asked not to remove.
    I understand that Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage is challenge gear but at the higher levels, you run out of it quite easily (unlike the other challenge gear being removed). I would recommend keeping the implant salvage.

^^ this is what makes me afraid of asking for things. This has been something many many players asked not to remove.

I would honestly rather remove carbantis, which can be acquired for significantly cheaper in the guild store.
  • Jcc807
    37 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Edit: They are right the salvage can go.

The rest looks great. Thanks for listening
    Post edited by Jcc807 on

I would honestly rather remove carbantis, which can be acquired for significantly cheaper in the guild store.
    I was surprised when ppl said they didn’t have many left. But then I looked at the toons that need them whew. Bad move Crumb.
  • Isn't salvage the stuff we have 1000s of and implants the stuff we want? I just checked and confirmed it.

Really the component is the part that take me awhile to farm. That and the stun guns.

The implant can be acquired for dirt cheap in the crystal store. It is one of the best crystal values in the game. It’s half the cost of a carbanti, despite the implant being more expensive than carbantis in every other shop. I highly recommend spending crystals on them (although maybe not now, as I would save crystals for the upcoming legendary farms).
  • And about that gear XII+ drops ....
  • The jury is out...every other update has broken so many things, I’ll believe it when I see it
  • I have 1494 MK8 Biotech Implant salvage but need mega amounts of the MK8 Biotech Implant prototypes still and been playing since end of February 2017.
  • They can't ever win eh. "Remove challenge gear!"

"Wait! Not THAT one! I actually need that!"

There are lower level players that need the rest of the challenge gear that's being taken out too, you know. Not just top tier players getting everyone to G12 do raids.
  • Beldax wrote: »
    I have 1494 MK8 Biotech Implant salvage but need mega amounts of the MK8 Biotech Implant prototypes still and been playing since end of February 2017.

Unless a person is a whale that has been buying MK8 Biotech Implant Components like crazy I can't see how you can run out of MK8 Biotech Implant salvage.
  • I'm actually amazed they nerfed Drain Force and Annihilate for Heroic tier too.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I like that they are taking out the yellow eyeballs, and I'm down to 200, as it gives a higher chance for the other stuff to drop
    And when I hit zero, I farm LS9f and get some mk3 holo's at the same time
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited September 2018
  • This is what they are getting rid ofmh9vlcuwrbfi.jpg

Not the component that looks like a black eyeball. The component is the thing you are likely running out of...