How do you get in touch with your arena shard?

FarGon
4 posts Member
edited September 2018
As the title states...how do you get in touch with your arena shard?

From what I've been reading there's alot of coordination within shards as far as who to attack and when so that the most people can get payouts. I've also read that if you don't take part in this you pretty much paint a bullseye on yourself within your arena shard. But I have no idea how to find out where they communicate...or if they even do in my shard.

Replies

• search the forum for the names at the top of your shard, if you dont find any then make a post in
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/pvp-and-rivalry
    listing the names of some of those at the top of your shard.
    also if you find their guilds on swgoh.gg you may find their contact details already listed or that of people in their guilds you can contact and ask if they have a chat + if your able to join
  • Alternatively, search swgoh.gg for player names in your shard via Google. Once you find them (you can verify by looking at their guild), then the numeric portion of the url is now their ally code - https://swgoh.gg/p/594964279/. Send them a message in game and go from there. Sometimes people will have discord ids on their profiles.

All shard dynamics are different, but in general I've found players to be very cooperative and realize that working together in harmony lets them advance their rosters faster than all out intra-shard combat would. And people generally have short memories - foes become allies very quickly. We all share a common love of the game, so there's a strong basis for easy relationships.
  • Ok. thanks for the info. At what arena level would you recommend contacting them? Sub-50? Sub-20?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    If an older shard your already blacklisted how the mafia rolls i feel your pain as well
  • FarGon wrote: »
    Ok. thanks for the info. At what arena level would you recommend contacting them? Sub-50? Sub-20?

Sort of depends on how old your shard is. General safe rule is that if u can land top 5 during ur payout u can consider contacting them. Below that dont bother.

Younger shards may accept below 20 tho to help establish the flock. 20-50 is really pushing it and i doubt u can get in if u are hovering around there.
  • The first rule of the shard chat. You don't talk about the shard chat.
  • just send an ally request after you fight in arena to your opponent and then you can message them in game. try it with several different people and sooner or later you will get ahold of the shard chat. No need anymore for the searching of names on forums.
  • Yeah just get in top 5 be able to beat everyone and nobody will mess with u. If u know people’s shard time don’t fight during or before it it pissin people off which is common sense. If there is a shard chat for 6-10 it’s a joke because rewards r crap anyways lol
  • FarGon wrote: »
    As the title states...how do you get in touch with your arena shard?

From what I've been reading there's alot of coordination within shards as far as who to attack and when so that the most people can get payouts. I've also read that if you don't take part in this you pretty much paint a bullseye on yourself within your arena shard. But I have no idea how to find out where they communicate...or if they even do in my shard.

The best way is to look them up on swgoh.gg. If you don´t find them or there is no contact data available look up their guild and find members with a Discord/Telegram/Forum/Line id. Then contact these persons and ask if they can relay your message.
  • This discord server also has a room for each arena fleet and shard chats usually post there information there. There's server channels for (looking for players) for shards back to 2017 and present.

https://discord.gg/kmXCuUp
  • Personally, I used the in-game chat with a player who was already in my friend list to join my arena shard chat.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    If an older shard your already blacklisted how the mafia rolls i feel your pain as well

Yes and no. Generally, the players who were social and curious enough early in the piece were the ones to seek each other out either via this forum, chat apps, in game and so on to establish a rapport with each other. Latecomers were less likely to treated the same as the 'vets'.

The exception is that your chat is full of arseholes. I get that happens too on occasion.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Yes and no. Generally, the players who were social and curious enough early in the piece were the ones to seek each other out either via this forum, chat apps, in game and so on to establish a rapport with each other. Latecomers were less likely to treated the same as the 'vets'.

The exception is that your chat is full of arseholes. I get that happens too on occasion.

I climbed up to 13 or so and I asked if I could get it and take the worst position available to me (would have been happy with 10-20) they said it was too crowded and hard to coordinate... Then the palp/traya meta hit and I could not get in top 20 anymore. then the revan hit and I'm fighting to stay in top 50....so I'm not even good enough to even ask to be in shard chat...

Secretly I wonder if they saw that coming and just figured not to bother with me....

Now once revan hits I will have the speed mods to fight those mirror matches and climb into the top I wonder if their tune will change i woudl prob spend 3-5k crystals over a week or two in refreshes to get their attention.... prob just get me blackballed heh
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Generally though if there are 10 people at your payout....and you just ask to take 11 everyday just to be in teh shard chat and they say no.....then I have a problem..that's just silly...but again moot point as I can't get that high anymore

I climbed up to 13 or so and I asked if I could get it and take the worst position available to me (would have been happy with 10-20) they said it was too crowded and hard to coordinate... Then the palp/traya meta hit and I could not get in top 20 anymore. then the revan hit and I'm fighting to stay in top 50....so I'm not even good enough to even ask to be in shard chat...

Secretly I wonder if they saw that coming and just figured not to bother with me....

Now once revan hits I will have the speed mods to fight those mirror matches and climb into the top I wonder if their tune will change i woudl prob spend 3-5k crystals over a week or two in refreshes to get their attention.... prob just get me blackballed heh

Sorry to hear, mate. Its true the vets are unlikely to share unless you have the roster to consistently rank high despite changing metas. I've seen that a few times - like with the NS meta not long ago. Someone can stay competitive for a month or two but when the meta changes, they drop like a stone and are scratching to make top 50.

If you're having to share a payout with numerous players, I hope the variable payout time works in your favour. Otherwise, you need to hit those guys up and become so annoying that they just let you in because it's inconveniencing them too much not to. It may cost you some crystals to start with but it can pay off. You just have to be persistent.

To your final point - I missed Revan too. But I still take #1 with Traya and BSF. I'd rather use the latter on offence and keep Revan for defence as I'm dreading those mirror matches.

yeah if ur asking for a spot ur not good enough to be in it nobody cares about those below them that can’t beat them that’s how shard chat goes lol

• 2smooth wrote: »
    Yeah just get in top 5 be able to beat everyone and nobody will mess with u. If u know people’s shard time don’t fight during or before it it pissin people off which is common sense. If there is a shard chat for 6-10 it’s a joke because rewards r crap anyways lol

U talk like u know alot. What's ur gp? When did u start? There are shards where ppl are dying to be invited to share 6-10 lol.
  • I know a lot because I put time in don’t login collect rewards. Ur asking for GP as if it’s created equal lol. If all I did was collect toons at g8 what would my GP do with u knowing that lol. I’ll list useful stats F2P 3 months in 24 squad 1/2 fleet rank
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    2smooth wrote: »
    I know a lot because I put time in don’t login collect rewards. Ur asking for GP as if it’s created equal lol. If all I did was collect toons at g8 what would my GP do with u knowing that lol. I’ll list useful stats F2P 3 months in 24 squad 1/2 fleet rank

As a free player 3 months in, you’re not going to see the same level of complexity in your shard now as you will after several more months. You’re probably at a point now where you have one good arena team. I’m a guppy (spent $20 total) a year in, and Revan and Traya really hurt my arena rank. In my arena, you need at least 2-3 good arena teams to handle the different teams out there, unless you bought Revan. I’m currently varying somewhere between top 50 and top 100 in arena rank. Here’s my swgoh.gg link: https://swgoh.gg/p/214179885/

I joined a shard chat when I was regularly in top 20, and we’re welcoming, but already have 9 players in one payout. So being in that rotation means you’re in top 5 and out of top 5 half the time. The players who do not respond to messages, don’t want to join the chat, and seem deliberately antagonistic are attacked, especially the ones who get to the top 5 and try to stay there all day. There’s much more to shard chats than you have experienced so far.
  • DarkRolyzzz
    44 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Join DarthVaper Recruitment, under RECRUITMENT is "find_your_shard_mates". on that channel you can post screenshots of your arena shard leaderboard. the people who monitor that channel may be able to help you.
    DarthVaper: https://discord.gg/Ub3kUXg
    gf1b5h5ecvtc.png
    DM me @Dark Rolyzzz#9997 for information on New Rebel Order or if interested in joining. Join the Rebellion and be a part of the Rebel Revolution!
  • Yeah, I was wondering about this too, but I am not close to top in my shard :(
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    2smooth wrote: »
    I know a lot because I put time in don’t login collect rewards. Ur asking for GP as if it’s created equal lol. If all I did was collect toons at g8 what would my GP do with u knowing that lol. I’ll list useful stats F2P 3 months in 24 squad 1/2 fleet rank

As a free player 3 months in, you’re not going to see the same level of complexity in your shard now as you will after several more months. You’re probably at a point now where you have one good arena team. I’m a guppy (spent $20 total) a year in, and Revan and Traya really hurt my arena rank. In my arena, you need at least 2-3 good arena teams to handle the different teams out there, unless you bought Revan. I’m currently varying somewhere between top 50 and top 100 in arena rank. Here’s my swgoh.gg link: https://swgoh.gg/p/214179885/

I joined a shard chat when I was regularly in top 20, and we’re welcoming, but already have 9 players in one payout. So being in that rotation means you’re in top 5 and out of top 5 half the time. The players who do not respond to messages, don’t want to join the chat, and seem deliberately antagonistic are attacked, especially the ones who get to the top 5 and try to stay there all day. There’s much more to shard chats than you have experienced so far.
    hard to c how complexity increases r u saying that more people will start playing as time goes on in a new shard? I can c ships as more from arena shift focus but hard to c more people start playing game at a lvl to reach top 50. Switching mods is enough teams having to be switched is even more. And I understand with the traya revan affecting ur arena u have to be first not last to not drop from mods to guilds to late game lineups those not prepared will drop. But I c a guy from my old guild stay around 50 without changing but he is maybe 3 yrs in so his arena has little to no activity.

• Hi all,

I'm reading this conversation more out of curiosity than anything.
    So, I'm able to reach rank 1 in my fleet shard most days, been like this for the longest of times (I pretty much focus all my toons, mods and gear around ship crew members).
    I won't lie I'm a sniper of the highest degree and will play my 5 battles a day to the minute so that I'm near on guaranteed to keep my rank before the timer resets (sorry but not sorry, I like my rank 1 rewards!).
    Now I've never been part of a shard chat group, but I've been hearing about them for a long time now and am kinda curious, I often wonder if my shard has a chat and whether they hate me or not for sniping into rank 1 almost every day!
    I'm not sure if there's any benefit for someone like me joining a shard?
    Haha, not sure what my point is, as I said, just curious!
  • Shadowfuze wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm reading this conversation more out of curiosity than anything.
    So, I'm able to reach rank 1 in my fleet shard most days, been like this for the longest of times (I pretty much focus all my toons, mods and gear around ship crew members).
    I won't lie I'm a sniper of the highest degree and will play my 5 battles a day to the minute so that I'm near on guaranteed to keep my rank before the timer resets (sorry but not sorry, I like my rank 1 rewards!).
    Now I've never been part of a shard chat group, but I've been hearing about them for a long time now and am kinda curious, I often wonder if my shard has a chat and whether they hate me or not for sniping into rank 1 almost every day!
    I'm not sure if there's any benefit for someone like me joining a shard?
    Haha, not sure what my point is, as I said, just curious!

In my experience, fleet shard chats are pretty laid back when they do exist. I doubt there is an active shard chat, or if there is one, there is probably nobody in your payout. If there were an active shard chat with someone in your payout you wouldn't be successfully sniping first every day.

If you do get into a back and forth, it might make sense to reach out since it saves you crystals in the long run. If you don't play well with others and a shard chat forms, you could find yourself on the wrong side of coordination and you'll end up losing a lot more than say, 12.5 crystals per day you'd gain by getting first every day instead of platooning 1st and 2nd. Plus, shard chats are a cool place to talk about the game with like minded people that share an interest. What's not cool about that?
  • Here is my story :) started as everyone from scratch , getting better and better . Got to top 50 , that's when first rat wars began . People would knock you down just before your payout just for fun . Me - Oooookaaay then , i see how it is , no problem , give me time and i'll put you down . Went all in for rebel fleet , for 1 year i was upgrading just fleet toons . Year down the line i have akbar biggs ashoka fives bossk R7 , clone sarg r5 and consular , i mean it's far from fully functional rebel fleet but if you are clever you can trick it out via ashokas retribution - dispel debuffs ability and constant fives offence defence down stuff...Started see myself in top 10-20 , rat wars carry on... Ok , let's crank it up ...Farm for Falcon and Cassian Andor's U wing began in parallel with aquiring Ghost and phantom and rebel Y-wing .. Once got my Falcon , got chewy and han to R7 first thing..there i am , fighting negotiators and cassian's U-wing tears apart almost any ships in one go with falcon using it's Guerrila strike ability . Had no idea about shard chat so i just stayed 1st place right throughout the day knocking anything down that tries to contest that 1st place , i must admit i was loosing gems coz i was playing like 15-20 games a day but i was still making gems and also getting seriously good at it to the point where now i can start bossk , fives and ashoka with akbar , have falcon , u-wing , ghost and plo koon or biggs as calls and do them over with ease...Negotiator 540k??? R7 ?? no problem , let's rumble !!

So...the shard found me , they must have been desperate to find me ! Our clan leader asked me to join fleet shard , i joined it , had a little chat with them , didn't like the fact that they let 1 guy get to 1st place that clearly didn't belong there setting easy fleets for him , that **** me off even more knowing the fact i had to graft so hard for it and someone just having it like that so i left the shard . For a bit i had a war , i was knocking all those guys that used to knock me down from prize but later decided that was enough , i had my revenge , i was satisfied , and let everyone get on with their business but since then i don't let myself go anywhere below top20....

I have another acc where i play with GG and i have few annoying guys that know when my payout is but still they knock me down 1 hour + from payout when i'm usually 11th 15th ...so they push me to 20 and stuff like that..So now i'm gonna find out when exactly is their time and they will be sorry that they made that move , they won't see 1st place . I don't mins maybe if it's the same hour , but when i know exactly who get's paid when and those individuals just hussling , that will not be forgotten either forgiven .

The Morale here is that once you are too powerful and pose a serious threat , people will start respect you , before then , people will play games with you...So...don't bother with shard , just relic your pilots and smash everyone on your way to prize and if someone play games with you , you play same game with them , check your game every hour , figure out when is their prize time and get them out of 1 in to 5 !!!! Give them the taste of their own medicine !

This is the way !
  • SeverStal wrote: »
    Here is my story :) started as everyone from scratch , getting better and better . Got to top 50 , that's when first rat wars began . People would knock you down just before your payout just for fun . Me - Oooookaaay then , i see how it is , no problem , give me time and i'll put you down . Went all in for rebel fleet , for 1 year i was upgrading just fleet toons . Year down the line i have akbar biggs ashoka fives bossk R7 , clone sarg r5 and consular , i mean it's far from fully functional rebel fleet but if you are clever you can trick it out via ashokas retribution - dispel debuffs ability and constant fives offence defence down stuff...Started see myself in top 10-20 , rat wars carry on... Ok , let's crank it up ...Farm for Falcon and Cassian Andor's U wing began in parallel with aquiring Ghost and phantom and rebel Y-wing .. Once got my Falcon , got chewy and han to R7 first thing..there i am , fighting negotiators and cassian's U-wing tears apart almost any ships in one go with falcon using it's Guerrila strike ability . Had no idea about shard chat so i just stayed 1st place right throughout the day knocking anything down that tries to contest that 1st place , i must admit i was loosing gems coz i was playing like 15-20 games a day but i was still making gems and also getting seriously good at it to the point where now i can start bossk , fives and ashoka with akbar , have falcon , u-wing , ghost and plo koon or biggs as calls and do them over with ease...Negotiator 540k??? R7 ?? no problem , let's rumble !!

So...the shard found me , they must have been desperate to find me ! Our clan leader asked me to join fleet shard , i joined it , had a little chat with them , didn't like the fact that they let 1 guy get to 1st place that clearly didn't belong there setting easy fleets for him , that **** me off even more knowing the fact i had to graft so hard for it and someone just having it like that so i left the shard . For a bit i had a war , i was knocking all those guys that used to knock me down from prize but later decided that was enough , i had my revenge , i was satisfied , and let everyone get on with their business but since then i don't let myself go anywhere below top20....

I have another acc where i play with GG and i have few annoying guys that know when my payout is but still they knock me down 1 hour + from payout when i'm usually 11th 15th ...so they push me to 20 and stuff like that..So now i'm gonna find out when exactly is their time and they will be sorry that they made that move , they won't see 1st place . I don't mins maybe if it's the same hour , but when i know exactly who get's paid when and those individuals just hussling , that will not be forgotten either forgiven .

The Morale here is that once you are too powerful and pose a serious threat , people will start respect you , before then , people will play games with you...So...don't bother with shard , just relic your pilots and smash everyone on your way to prize and if someone play games with you , you play same game with them , check your game every hour , figure out when is their prize time and get them out of 1 in to 5 !!!! Give them the taste of their own medicine !

This is the way !

Well said...
    This is THE way!!

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    SeverStal wrote: »
    figure out when is their prize time and get them out of 1 in to 5 !!!! Give them the taste of their own medicine !

This is the way !
    This is the way to make people mad about you.
    People will always organize themself to achive greater good and helping each other so even the weaker ones can get better rewards is what humans make humans. If you don't like that and think someone isn't allowed to get good rewards because they're weak in your eyes then congratulations, you're anti human.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Snipe them and they'll contact you.
This discussion has been closed.