New chewbacca reveal?

Prev13
Have the dev's said when they'll release the new legendary chewbacca moveset? I'm itching to know what makes him worthy of a last minute legendary event.

Replies

• No, they said that Chewbacca event will be special, but they didn't explain what it mean. Definetly not legendary. Original Chewi will be one of required toons for real legendary hero, thats what I think.
  • Armatores wrote: »
    No, they said that Chewbacca event will be special, but they didn't explain what it mean. Definetly not legendary. Original Chewi will be one of required toons for real legendary hero, thats what I think.

They flat out said it was a Legendary event. I'm not sure what you're on about.
    No, they said that Chewbacca event will be special, but they didn't explain what it mean. Definetly not legendary. Original Chewi will be one of required toons for real legendary hero, thats what I think.

They flat out said it was a Legendary event. I'm not sure what you're on about.

This. Haven't seen anything saying its not legendary...
  • My guess is the event will start next week and we will get a kit reveal a day or 2 before it starts

"I am excited to reveal the image from last week’s teaser, but, more importantly, tell you some details about the upcoming Legendary character - a day early! You will need any 5 Bounty Hunters to earn shards of Chewbacca..."

Chewie's event will be a Legendary event.

Speculation is that he may be needed for a Jedi Luke Hero's Journey event, similar to R2 for CLS or BB8 for JTR..
  • Omg, Chewbacca Hero's Journey confirmed ;)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Its gonna be a challenge - HARD

How geared and moded exactly do we need our Bounty Hunters? That's what I wanna know.

What good is farming BH shards - if its the gear and mods that are going to be the real farming issue?
  • HarmakhisVallis
    100 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    As always, shards: your price to get in, gear/zeta/mods: your price to succeed. As more and more people are in end game phase, you can expect an insanely hard challenge to get this Chewie @7* (if it can be snatched at such level..)

Legendary events are always faction based.

Yoda
    R2
    Bb8
    Thrawn
    Palpatine

Hero’s Journey is separate—-only CLS and JTREY are heroes. Those sometimes have variable requirements. Lefendaries are always the same.
  • Boo wrote: »

How geared and moded exactly do we need our Bounty Hunters? That's what I wanna know.

What good is farming BH shards - if its the gear and mods that are going to be the real farming issue?

Wouldn't it be nice if they just told us what gear levels would be needed instead of everyone just speculating about it on the forum.

Wouldn't it be nice if they just told us what gear levels would be needed instead of everyone just speculating about it on the forum.

Ha. They would never do that. They want everyone to panic, and buy gear.

Where's the fun in that? You know what star levels you need, and you know what gear levels work for all other Legendaries. Assume you need more than that, and save up just in case.
  • Just assume maxed gear levels. G8 probably is not going to cut it.
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Just assume maxed gear levels. G8 probably is not going to cut it.

No way on Mustafar I'm taking my BH to G12 for this.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Take your BH to G8, move some arena mods around (even easier with loadouts now) and wipe the floor with the event. Add gear as needed. Most people will have no problem with fully omegad, zero zeta G8/9/10 BH and clearing the event.

This is even more true if you have one of the more OP BH like Bossk or any that have come after him.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    If you need G12 to 7* him he better be able to stomp on all existing legendary/Heroes journey characters. Traya not included.
  • I'll have them to g9 with a couple of g10's by the time the event starts. To get a 7* chewie first run would be great. If not I'll be ready for the next run. It won't be the end of the world.
  • Darthsetty99
    255 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    If you need G12 to 7* him he better be able to stomp on all existing legendary/Heroes journey characters. Traya not included.

The forum would explode if we need g12 p2p hunters for this event. I highly doubt cg would do that but you never know.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The event will drop something around Thursday next week. Normally the requirements are g9 full omega. Let’s see. I have just zetaed Bossk Lead in case of and also I don’t want (can’t) g11 all of them.

I think the reveal will happen through game changer’s Video Wednesday or something like that.
  • If it requires max gear BH's for Chewie yet Thrawn can be done with g8 Phoenix, I'd be expecting a meta machine.

I'm sure folks unlocked CLS and other Legendary toons without max so unless CG come out and say g12 across the board, I say assume g8-9 should do it so long as RNG isn't elusive (211 times for Thrawn with Phoenix g8, for example).

However, IF they make it max gear that opens up a can of worms for future Legendary Events.

We shall see.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

The forum would explode if we need g12 p2p hunters for this event. I highly doubt cg would do that but you never know.

Exactly my point. He'd have to have such an OP kit to justify G12 requirements...
  • Ebbda wrote: »
    If it requires max gear BH's for Chewie yet Thrawn can be done with g8 Phoenix, I'd be expecting a meta machine.

I'm sure folks unlocked CLS and other Legendary toons without max so unless CG come out and say g12 across the board, I say assume g8-9 should do it so long as RNG isn't elusive (211 times for Thrawn with Phoenix g8, for example).

However, IF they make it max gear that opens up a can of worms for future Legendary Events.

We shall see.

Yeah i can see it maybe being a little bit harder than thrawn which would mean g9-10 but honestly i can't see it being much more than that. We will find out in a week though.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This will be a very difficult event that will require well geared and modded Bounty Hunters.
    That's all we know so far.
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    This will be a very difficult event that will require well geared and modded Bounty Hunters.
    That's all we know so far.

Yeah really depends on what their definition of well geared is.
  • thatguy181 wrote: »
    Take your BH to G8, move some arena mods around (even easier with loadouts now) and wipe the floor with the event. Add gear as needed. Most people will have no problem with fully omegad, zero zeta G8/9/10 BH and clearing the event.

This is even more true if you have one of the more OP BH like Bossk or any that have come after him.

You have no idea if this is true or not. It would be true for any previous Legendary, but they state this one is harder, and refuse to tell us the gear recommendations.

Probably you can beat it with about g10, but it's entirely possible that you need a full g11 team and luck to beat it.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    thatguy181 wrote: »
    Take your BH to G8, move some arena mods around (even easier with loadouts now) and wipe the floor with the event. Add gear as needed. Most people will have no problem with fully omegad, zero zeta G8/9/10 BH and clearing the event.

You have no idea if this is true or not. It would be true for any previous Legendary, but they state this one is harder, and refuse to tell us the gear recommendations.

Probably you can beat it with about g10, but it's entirely possible that you need a full g11 team and luck to beat it.

They didn't say it would definitely be harder than previously legendary events. They just said it would be very difficult. Thrawn was very difficult compared to other legendary events.

They didn't say it would definitely be harder than previously legendary events. They just said it would be very difficult. Thrawn was very difficult compared to other legendary events.

Yeah, I guess. But it is the first time they've ever warned us of the difficulty. Seems weird to do that if it wasn't harder than Thrawn.
  • I seem to remember many other times they informed us that something was going to be VERY DIFFICULT I am not sure what all the hubbub is about. I am sure it will be tough but beatable even with BH's that aren't maxed and aren't PTW
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
    StarSon wrote: »

Yeah, I guess. But it is the first time they've ever warned us of the difficulty. Seems weird to do that if it wasn't harder than Thrawn.

Given the fact that probably the majority of the player base has at least 5 bh, them adding that could just be to induce a panic gear situation where people are spending $ on gear. Imagine how mad everyone would be if you needed g12 vets for jtr.