What gear tier will be fine for Legendary Chewie?

Prev1
Kirth
50 posts Member
edited September 2018
I have Boba, Zam, Greedo, Cad Bane and IG88 all at 7 stars so thats not a problem. But what gear teir should they be at for this event?

Replies

• Kirth wrote: »
    I have Boba, Zam, Greedo, Cad Bane and IG88 all at 7 stars so thats not a problem. But what gear teir should they be at for this event?

We don't know. They said it would be hard.
  • We won't know till the event drops. I'm just gearing them as much as i can. Bounty hunters are needed for ds tb and are good in tw and raids so putting extra gear on them won't be a waste.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Its a ftp faction available in a lot of stores for a very long time...
    And they are needed for a lot of stuff
    Im afraid how hard they are gonna make this...
  • Well mine will be G10 across the board....can switch in Arena mods and pray!
  • Thrawn was tuned for G10. I would assume at least this and probably 11+.
  • Dont panic gear, save all gear you get but dont apply it. You will have enough time to find out what is needed.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I'd do as above said and just hoard gear.
  • Nuke them from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure
  • I think it’s safe to say you’re going to need at least gear level 5 to unlock Chewbacca.
  • Shadowscream
    969 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    DrooNutz wrote: »
    Thrawn was tuned for G10. I would assume at least this and probably 11+.

Thrawn was tuned to G10 but doable with a mix of G8/9 if you took a dozen attempts....
  • DrooNutz wrote: »
    Thrawn was tuned for G10. I would assume at least this and probably 11+.

I did Thrawn with all G8 Phoenix :) it did take 20 attempts to get good RNG though :)
  • B0BAFETT
    34 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I figure that if you can score Wampa shards in the Galactic Bounties event, your squad is good enough to get a 7* Chewie.
  • Also, feel free to stop by the Bounty Hunter discord server and ask. https://discord.gg/gqHxyT6
  • Kirth wrote: »

Even with all BH at g12, I haven’t heard of anyone able to unlock him yet.
  • Higher is the better however I think at g10 it should alright with the full omega.
    The « very difficult » factor is more to push everybody to gear up BH / sell some crystals / to panic farm Bossk - Embo - Aura imho.
    However everything is possible so I put the zeta on Bossk L. Good luck all !
  • If you can do the top tier on both galactic bounties events (wampa and enfys) I’m sure you’ll be fine
  • Well mine will be G10 across the board....can switch in Arena mods and pray!

Ya, to bad arena mods aren't an option for lower gear characters anymore.
  • Tier 2 of assualt battles are labeled very difficult in the description. So there's that.
  • G6/7 of course, trust me. I know. That information is available. 10/10 OP
  • Personally, I've been able to accomplish every legendary/heroic event with gear 8 or 9. Considering their "very difficult" warning, 9 or 10 would be probably about right. But as people are saying. The higher the better.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I pretty sure this event will be insanely hard (might not be possible even with g12+) with OG bounty hunters and trivial with moderately geared Aurra, Jango and Embo. This is how the game goes - cash must flow.
    Look at one of the recent releases - Artist of War mythic tier. Even with beefy, g12 Empire, you might as well lose because "hard" these days means making the opposing team go 3 times over before you can take a single turn.
  • You might want to start stockpiling omegas if you don't have some of your 7* BH abilities maxed. I'm aiming for g11 with g12 zBF lead, and modding them for crit chance/dam, speed, and potency (under BF, all bhs get +max health = half the total potency of all BHs). Really depends on the nature of the enemies aa to which BHs will be most effective, but I'm planning on using zam, greedo, cad bane, and dengar, with 88 in reserve. No one else is anywhere close to 7*.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Xezee wrote: »
    I pretty sure this event will be insanely hard (might not be possible even with g12+) with OG bounty hunters and trivial with moderately geared Aurra, Jango and Embo. This is how the game goes - cash must flow.
    Look at one of the recent releases - Artist of War mythic tier. Even with beefy, g12 Empire, you might as well lose because "hard" these days means making the opposing team go 3 times over before you can take a single turn.

People are going a little overboard with the speculation now. There's no way a full g12+ og bounty hunters squad won't be able to get a 7* chewy.

Also mystic events are suppose to be a much harder version of legendary events. I'm not sure why people are using the difficulty levels of recent mytics to base their speculation off of.
  • People are going a little overboard with the speculation now. There's no way a full g12+ og bounty hunters squad won't be able to get a 7* chewy.

The suggested team to go with the wookie is CLS, Han, R2 and Old Ben. With all of them going first and going again I can see this battle being hard.
    Also if you watch game changers videos, Chewbacca's kit simply kills it.
    People are going a little overboard with the speculation now. There's no way a full g12+ og bounty hunters squad won't be able to get a 7* chewy.

The suggested team to go with the wookie is CLS, Han, R2 and Old Ben. With all of them going first and going again I can see this battle being hard.
    Also if you watch game changers videos, Chewbacca's kit simply kills it.

I agree it's not going to be easy, but i highly doubt it's going to be so difficult that's it's impossible without certain toons.