Let’s Keep it in Perspective

Prev1
While the messaging re the start of the BH bonus drops was messed up, it’s not the end of the world. This is a great game. It’s easy to get caught up in momentary frustration, but we all make mistakes. While some of the stuff CG does is cash-grabby, they don’t hide the ball, and I don’t think for a second there was anything nefarious going on with this miscommunication.

I understand people want recompense if they used crystals to refresh energy based on the erroneous communication. Personally I used energy thinking it was live, but I used it in a place I would have used it regardless. So there were no bonus drops when I thought there were going to be some. I’ll live.

I hate to see people so angry that the game is no longer fun for them. CG has been better than most hosts at comp’ing players when something goes wrong on their end.

Let’s have fun. It’s the weekend, and OT Chewie is inbound!
I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.

Replies

• Options
    I looked in the corner where events are and saw no ! Stating event was live and did not see the table lit in bright gold, signifying event was live.

I spent my normal refresh on Bastila and confirmed no event. It’s bad messaging. CG has stated in the dev posts about it. No loss.
  • Options
    Those that have been playing more then a few months should know by now when bonus drops are available. There is always an icon indicating bonus drops and they are in a different color. If you spent your crystals on refreshes expecting bonus drops then that is on you. That is how I look at it.
  • Options
    There is no excuse for a company to have consistently poor communication with its customers. These actions are nothing more than predatory cash grabs and they deserve all the backlash that they get from their failure to communicate.
  • Options
    Whose burner account is this?
  • Options
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME. Hard lesson for newer players to learn for sure. Vet players should have known better.

I would also suggest for future bonus drop events for the devs to include a picture of what the bonus event table looks like with the in game announcement. How many people playing the game do not come to these forums at all or until there is a problem. I plan on posting a PSA for the next event like this with a picture of the table(unless CG does it for me) but that won't reach all the players like an in game mail would.
  • Options
    Morros wrote: »
    There is no excuse for a company to have consistently poor communication with its customers. These actions are nothing more than predatory cash grabs and they deserve all the backlash that they get from their failure to communicate.

What do they have to gain from botching the announcement? It's at worst incompetency.
  • Options
    Put down the pitch forks, its an simple mistake. Funny how people quickly change their opinion, yesterday CG was the best thing with all the Jango rewards.
  • Options
    EyeG_80ate wrote: »
    Put down the pitch forks, its an simple mistake. Funny how people quickly change their opinion, yesterday CG was the best thing with all the Jango rewards.

Not from me, I never trust these people.
  • Options
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    EyeG_80ate wrote: »

Not from me, I never trust these people.

Then why play? Why would you get involved with a company you don't trust? You wouldn't buy a car from someone you thought it wouldnt be good...
  • Options
    It's always funny to read gaming forums, people seem so miserable yet they continue to play and spend.

I've played games that make CGs communication look top notch. Yeah, they botched it, but it's not like it wasn't readily apparent
  • Benj37
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yeah I play bf2, I wish these were the only sort of screw ups, I've played this since launch and it feels like communication generally has gotten better, they're not perfect by any means but I think a lot of people on here have such high expectations. I think Star Wars fans in general (myself included) generally have super high expectations of anything concerning the franchise which is nigh on impossible to live up to unfortunately

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Options
    Those that have been playing more then a few months should know by now when bonus drops are available. There is always an icon indicating bonus drops and they are in a different color. If you spent your crystals on refreshes expecting bonus drops then that is on you. That is how I look at it.

At best your point has some merritt because there's a way to tell if an event isn't active. I guess you feel the two communications that went out saying it was active, isn't enough to justify people being upset, then that's on you!
  • Options
    I assumed the drop rate was tuned as usual. 1 of 8 Bossk ( no bonus), 3 of 8 Vissa (no bonus), 0 of 8 jolee ( no bonus), 0 of 3 Rose ( no bonus), 1 of 8 Bast (no bonus). Based on my normal drop rates why should I spend crystals to refresh? Yes I know, the bonus message was an error but still 5 shards for 35 attempts sounds awesome.
  • Options
    They royally messed up with this after unanimous praise for the Jango event. CG is there own villain in this situation. They deserved the praise a couple of days ago and they deserve the criticism today
  • Options
    2 steps forwa d one step back, it’s still progress. We got 3 zetas in the Jango event, that goes a little no way
  • Options
    If anyone wants to see a real shameless phone game cash grab and worse communication look no further than marvel strike force. I think they do a good job here all things considered
  • Options
    If anyone wants to see a real shameless phone game cash grab and worse communication look no further than marvel strike force. I think they do a good job here all things considered

Agreed. MSF is much worse at this than CG. That is even with all the time to see the good and bad of this game model
  • Options
    I don’t think it was intentional- but I still don’t understand how it keeps happening. And the multiple correction notices were wrong too...midnight local time?
    Have a little awareness that some of the player base plans their game time and energy use on official in game messaging and Dev posts on the forums.
  • Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    I don’t think it was intentional- but I still don’t understand how it keeps happening. And the multiple correction notices were wrong too...midnight local time?
    Have a little awareness that some of the player base plans their game time and energy use on official in game messaging and Dev posts on the forums.

Midnight local time means when your day refresh is, so if there is the infamous DST in the mix it could be 11-12-1 depend9ng on when you started playing
  • Options
    This wasn’t “poor communications”. It was utterly incompetent communications.

If you’re told “your workweek starts on Monday”, and then you show up at 11:59 pm Monday night, you’d be immediately fired for stupidity and incompetence.

“Poor communications” is when insufficient information is provided. That is frankly preferable to MISinformation, which is what this was (at best).
  • Options
    To your argument about showing up at 11:59... I don't know why they post the event as 4 days when its only 3 days. It ends on the 25th at 11:59 but runs through the 26th?

"If I get a Temporary Work Assignment with Capital Games and I am scheduled to work from the 22nd through the 26th, since it's Capital Games you don't show up to work on the 26th as it will be over 11:59pm on the 25th."

Then Compare it to this:

Just to be doubly clear about TopHat’s message mentioning “through” the 26th, Bounty Hunter Bonus Drops will go live on 9/22 at midnight Player Local Time and stop at the end of the day of the 9/25.

We are working on messaging and timing so we can prevent this in the future. This may result in some adjustments to the start time of events to prevent this confusion.

IF THEY WOULD QUIT CONFUSING US THEN WE WOULDN'T BE CONFUSED!!!
  • Options
    I wonder how many times you guys screw up at your own jobs. You're lucky, because when you screw up, maybe it's just your boss or a few workers who find out, or maybe no one at all. Now try imagining what it'd be like if tens of thousands of players were watching your every move at all times. Maybe then you could have a little empathy for the situation CG is in.
  • Options
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME. Hard lesson for newer players to learn for sure. Vet players should have known better.

I would also suggest for future bonus drop events for the devs to include a picture of what the bonus event table looks like with the in game announcement. How many people playing the game do not come to these forums at all or until there is a problem. I plan on posting a PSA for the next event like this with a picture of the table(unless CG does it for me) but that won't reach all the players like an in game mail would.

This is a good idea... I like it. No promise that it’s our final version but it’s definitely got merit. Thanks for suggesting!
  • Options
    I’m still not sure where the confusion was...it was pretty straight forward.
  • Options

How about there is a glowing circle saying bonus on the right hand side of the main screen, and the ls and ds tables have glowing gold font..... And, when you go to a hard node when bonuses are active, they could show you the bonus shards you could earn, highlighted in gold with the the word bonus under them...... that would help.is know.when bonus events are on....

Oh wait..... Nevermind....
  • Options
    Cal00054 wrote: »

Same. Bonus drops have always been activated upon daily refresh. I didn't see any reason for this to be different and it wasn't.
  • Options
    Who was actually confused?
  • Options
    I assume it was fake outrage because people wanted free stuff.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »

Same. Bonus drops have always been activated upon daily refresh. I didn't see any reason for this to be different and it wasn't.
    Akreau wrote: »
    Who was actually confused?
    I assume it was fake outrage because people wanted free stuff.

Because in SBCrumb’s original dev post on sept 20th, the title said “starts tomorrow” and also said “runs from September 21st...” when they didn’t start until the 22nd. You can even see the strikeout edit in the post.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

How about there is a glowing circle saying bonus on the right hand side of the main screen, and the ls and ds tables have glowing gold font..... And, when you go to a hard node when bonuses are active, they could show you the bonus shards you could earn, highlighted in gold with the the word bonus under them...... that would help.is know.when bonus events are on....

Oh wait..... Nevermind....

For clarity, I am a 6 mo player who knew to look for the glowing things and was not fooled, but a few vets were. Many of the newer players who hadn't experienced the double drops(and the recent slicing bonus was only on level 80+ accounts) did not know what to look for and were fooled. But after a while, you have to start accepting responsibility for continuing the same actions hoping for different results.