Kit Reveal: Chewbacca

Replies

• Is there any chance that Director Krennic will get "Guard" from Death Troopers in the future? Or is this a Chewbaca only benefit?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    RIP sith meta. sigh

LOL. love when people claim stuff per-maturely.

What's premature about watching a bunch of gamechangers videos that play test the most optimal team with chewy against the current meta over and over again?

If you watched to the end, they lose to Traya on D, badly. Lots of teams can beat Traya on O. Few hold as well as her on D. I dont think this will unseat her.

And as much as I hate to say it because I dont have her, this is how it should be.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    RIP sith meta. sigh

What's premature about watching a bunch of gamechangers videos that play test the most optimal team with chewy against the current meta over and over again?

If you watched to the end, they lose to Traya on D, badly. Lots of teams can beat Traya on O. Few hold as well as her on D. I dont think this will unseat her.

And as much as I hate to say it because I dont have her, this is how it should be.

Agreed. Didn't anyone else see how chewie was near death the whole time on offense, and for chewie on defense the sith barely broke a sweat? While chewie certainly helps, I don't think he is anything earth-shattering with the recommended team.
  • Franimus wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    RIP sith meta. sigh

Agreed. Didn't anyone else see how chewie was near death the whole time on offense, and for chewie on defense the sith barely broke a sweat? While chewie certainly helps, I don't think he is anything earth-shattering with the recommended team.

I wonder if he is just part of what will be the meta team. Remember how BB-8 was kind of meh and then JTR comes and suddenly BB-8 is meta in arena? What if Beckett or Vos comes and Chewy joins a meta scoundrel team?

I think regardless we find a better team for Chewy anyways. The first toon that jumps out at me is Bistan. That little guy could be nice with Chewy.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I can tell you one thing—I’m not going to watch any of those YouTube videos.

Here, I'll summarize for you.

"Hey how are y'all DOING we're here with a SUPER EXCLUSIVE look at CHEWWWWWWWW-BACCA ladiesandgentlemen yes that's right original trilogy Chewie is HERE and we're going to give you a FIRST INSIDE LOOK at his AMAZING kit and blarghblarghblarghblargh INCREDIBLE CHARACTER blarghblarghblargh oh my GOSH that is a meta changer ladiesandgentlemen you heard it here first don'tforgettolikeandsubscribe"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• RIP sith meta. sigh

yea, cause gamechangers are always right and their videos is 100% truth.
    NOT
  • Just looked at the gear he needs :'(
  • Franimus wrote: »
    RIP sith meta. sigh

Yes I agree, from the videos it seems that it was very close. I have much easier time beating Traya with Bastilla jedi and DN. But maybe there is a squad out there that makes Chewie really shine.
  • Does Guard count as a buff?
  • Looks pretty good, but I wish he had more synergy with Han Solo. :disappointed:
    Now that we’ve got both of them we better get an OT Millennium Falcon soon.

Did you even read the text? He guards Han and assists Han any time Han does anything.
  • Looks pretty good, but I wish he had more synergy with Han Solo. :disappointed:

Did you even read the text? He guards Han and assists Han any time Han does anything.

Yeah but I want Chewie to do something more than assist and provide a small amount of healing. Besides, Chewie’s damage is not very high for an attacker, the game changer videos are showing 7k crits (plus the 20% max health damage) and that’s with maxed g12 and six dot mods.

Yeah but I want Chewie to do something more than assist and provide a small amount of healing. Besides, Chewie’s damage is not very high for an attacker, the game changer videos are showing 7k crits (plus the 20% max health damage) and that’s with maxed g12 and six dot mods.

the gamechanger videos also showed JTR doing 3K damage hits. the gamechangers also showed Sith Marauder (i think) as a beast while using 7* mods. the gamechangers also suggested horrible teams and bad tactics so many times. the gamechangers also doing bad moves and repeatedly wrong tactics even on good teams.
    i think its safe to say you shouldn't do any assumptions based on the gamechangers videos.
    and about the Han-Chewbacca synergy. from the text, it look pretty sick actually. immunity to stun and daze is pretty great for Han, which make him super dangerous again, and vulnerable to isolate and fructure only, and is jumping his survive-ability by a lot. thats before mentioning that Han is taking lot of turns (specials give lot of TM) and Chewbacca will be assisting a lot because of that.
    thats a Chaze level synergy there.
  • Does anybody else see OB VC Chewie Zolo Best becoming a thing?
  • Sort of unimpressed by his kit. Can see a rework later making him op though!

Like, his entire use will be just using him with Han because Han himself is really good, Han being a raid gained character. I mean sure the synergy team is characters many of us have, but to a new player CLS is a hero's journey requiring nine toons maxed, Hans a raid... ect. So you'd hope that this team would rock out hard with how many end game characters it has it in, 2 legends, a hero, and a raid.

And yet it dies really easily on defence, making it again, pointless. The "Meta" is what does the best on defence, and Traya teams still do this. A couple teams can beat Traya already (Like Bast, who is also good on defence) so another is not really that meta defining, the fact is this team is easily beatable by basically everyone. Bast will own it, Heh the BH you need to unlock Chewy will own it.

Hopefully some better synergy pops up with the release, from what I can tell...

Every single good team the Game Changers use was given to them by the fans and players, not by the devs or themselves. :D Even if they still don't play the good teams as well as the rest of us, at least it shows people who need to know what works together ^_^

the gamechanger videos also showed JTR doing 3K damage hits. the gamechangers also showed Sith Marauder (i think) as a beast while using 7* mods. the gamechangers also suggested horrible teams and bad tactics so many times. the gamechangers also doing bad moves and repeatedly wrong tactics even on good teams.
    i think its safe to say you shouldn't do any assumptions based on the gamechangers videos.
    and about the Han-Chewbacca synergy. from the text, it look pretty sick actually. immunity to stun and daze is pretty great for Han, which make him super dangerous again, and vulnerable to isolate and fructure only, and is jumping his survive-ability by a lot. thats before mentioning that Han is taking lot of turns (specials give lot of TM) and Chewbacca will be assisting a lot because of that.
    thats a Chaze level synergy there.

I’ll have to see for myself when I unlock him if the synergy is Chaze level, but my initial impression is that it’s not. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong.
    As for the game changers, I know they rarely play their teams right (sometimes I just want to scream at them that they’re playing their team wrong), all I said was the damage they are showing doesn’t look very high. My point is that even with the maxed mods that I’m assuming they used, his damage isn’t very impressive, especially for an attacker, so all of the assists don’t seem as threatening as they could be. If it turns out he actually can hit for 15k-20k that would be great.
  • With all of the concerns about damage, don’t forget the flat 20% max health he also does anytime he does damage. So every assist call, every AOE. That would add up quick when talking about damaging a team.
    RIP sith meta. sigh

Sadly I agree, will love to have him will give me another nice tool to use. But i dont think this is going to end traya, it will just make it possible for more ppl to beat an extremely tough traya meta.
  • Edison wrote: »
    With all of the concerns about damage, don’t forget the flat 20% max health he also does anytime he does damage. So every assist call, every AOE. That would add up quick when talking about damaging a team.

I hope so. But a simple daze or stun stops his assists, and both of those debuffs seem to be everywhere in arena. Maybe he’s meant for raids or something and not arena, I don’t know.
  • On this topic, is anyone else tired of all the game changers using Click bait titles? Or them using mods that shouldn't exist to make teams seem better then they are?
  • Edison wrote: »
    With all of the concerns about damage, don’t forget the flat 20% max health he also does anytime he does damage. So every assist call, every AOE. That would add up quick when talking about damaging a team.

I hope so. But a simple daze or stun stops his assists, and both of those debuffs seem to be everywhere in arena. Maybe he’s meant for raids or something and not arena, I don’t know.

Well, there is more to the game than arena.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Edison wrote: »

No one is perfect and daze or stun stops everyone in the game who counters or assists.

Regardless, L3 solves that problem. Thing I'm missing from the videos is Smugglers. I think it is going to be possible to make some Nasty teams.

Qira, Chewie, RHan, YHan, L3. The assists will block out the sun. Not sure about arena but this team will absolutely destroy P2 of Sith Raid.

No one is perfect and daze or stun stops everyone in the game who counters or assists.

Regardless, L3 solves that problem. Thing I'm missing from the videos is Smugglers. I think it is going to be possible to make some Nasty teams.

Qira, Chewie, RHan, YHan, L3. The assists will block out the sun. Not sure about arena but this team will absolutely destroy P2 of Sith Raid.

L3 needs “fixed”. His auto taunt currently triggers at the start of his turn and expires at the end of it, making it useless.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018

L3 needs “fixed”. His auto taunt currently triggers at the start of his turn and expires at the end of it, making it useless.

WAI. Devs specifically said that is intended. But it does work when other characters give her prepared, like Y Lando.

WAI. Devs specifically said that is intended. But it does work when other characters give her prepared, like Y Lando.

That’s why I put “fixed” the way I did. L3 could have been one of the best tanks in the game if they simply had her taunt after her turn instead of before. I was very disappointed when I geared her up and learned how she functioned.
  • Agree. Hes great and makes the rebels way better. But I dont think he makes the rebels meta. It looks like this team could maybe sometimes beat Traya, but on defense that team is toast. Just drop one attacker aka Chewbacca, and 90% of their awesomeness is gone. And it doesnt look like he'll be that hard to kill. However it may be a different story if you pair him with scoundrels instead.
  • He looks good but not OP. I think he’s a stepping stone to something else, probably the Falcon hero/ship journey.
  • When legendary Chewie event will start??
  • HenriqueAA wrote: »
    When legendary Chewie event will start??
    I don't know... that's a good question
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Confident we are getting the OG falcon soon