Old arena shards

Jarvind
3925 posts Member
edited September 2018
My arena situation is kind of weird - I deleted the game around the time mods were first released, and just came back to it a few months ago. As a result, while I regularly take #1 in my fleet shard (I think I got a fairly new shard, because ships were released while I was inactive), I can barely stay in the top 500 in the squad arena. I'm fine with it, this isn't a whine thread, but my question is this:

What happens in an old arena shard when a player goes inactive? Does their last used team just stay active forever, eventually becoming an easy win for everyone and being squashed into dead last? Or do they eventually get removed and replaced by some poor newbie who will never have a prayer of advancing?

I feel like it's the former, because I sometimes go days without taking a hit despite my team being much weaker than average. I'm just curious.
u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Replies

• Last used team is forever on def.

New players are never put into old shards.
  • What happens in an old arena shard when a player goes inactive? Does their last used team just stay active forever, eventually becoming an easy win for everyone and being squashed into dead last?

Yup. Although, at the bottom end of a shard there's a lot of inactive accounts. Not as many people are moving around, so much less chance you're the one selected to fight. I would guess that around you are mostly inactive people with a few low end accounts.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Yeah, like these other guys are saying, you aren't getting hit much, because most everyone around you is inactive, too.