Kit Reveal: Chewbacca

Replies

  • Confident we are getting the OG falcon soon

    I agree. And I think the Falcon is going to be the OP legendary/heroes journey part. OG Chewy is just going to be a great character who isn’t over the top. But he will be needed for the ship that is meta changing.
  • Leparine
    38 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    So apparently his pulverize-dispel doesnt work properly. It should go through foresight as its text says he dispels buffs first and THEN deals damage. Out of the many GC Videos it doesnt work that way, the dispel gets countered by foresight and no buffs of enemies will be dispelled. Please fix that! But if its working as intended and his dispel is countered by foresight pulverize becomes almost useless in this game.
  • Leparine wrote: »
    So apparently his pulverize-dispel doesnt work properly. It should go through foresight as its text says he dispels buffs first and THEN deals damage. Out of the many GC Videos it doesnt work that way, the dispel gets countered by foresight and no buffs of enemies will be dispelled. Please fix that! But if its working as intended and his dispel is countered by foresight pulverize becomes almost useless in this game.

    Dispels in general can be evaded. There is nothing about the attack that says it can’t be evaded. I don’t see a problem.
  • Leparine
    38 posts Member
    edited September 2018

    Dispels in general can be evaded. There is nothing about the attack that says it can’t be evaded. I don’t see a problem.

    Out of the exact wording it must work like this: Chewie dispels all buffs (including foresight, but which is not the case!), then deals damage to all enemies (they should not have any buffs at this time.)

    What actually happens is: He dispels, only foresight goes away, then he attacks (all enemies have still their buffs blocking his attack by the still existing foresight) - either the text is inacurrate or its an issue with the programming.

    It should work like Sions dispel - But in any case, intended or not, if it doesnt work like Sion´s AOE, its an extremely useless ability.
  • Leparine wrote: »

    Dispels in general can be evaded. There is nothing about the attack that says it can’t be evaded. I don’t see a problem.

    Out of the exact wording it must work like this: Chewie dispels all buffs (including foresight, but which is not the case!), then deals damage to all enemies (they should not have any buffs at this time.)

    What actually happens is: He dispels, only foresight goes away, then he attacks (all enemies have still their buffs blocking his attack by the still existing foresight) - either the text is inacurrate or its an issue with the programming.

    It should work like Sions dispel - But in any case, intended or not, if it doesnt work like Sion´s AOE, its an extremely useless ability.

    But it shouldn’t work like Sion’s dispel. His says that it can’t be evaded. Chewbacca’s does not. It’s not useless if it doesn’t ignore foresight. There’s nothing wrong with there being a counter to an ability.
  • Leparine
    38 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Again: His text says he dispels first (foresight as well!), then he deals damage, regardless of evasion or not (because the foresight should be dispelled) Exactly that is not working in that way.

    I dont mean that offensive, if you are right and if its intended that way (which certainly could be true, but then the text is misleading) his ability is useless because Bastila-teams and JTR teams (The most Buff-heavy teams) have mostly foresight with their huge amounts of other buffs - So Chewie wouldnt dispel any of their buffs, which makes this ability extremely unuseful against the 2 only meta-teams that use buffs at all.
  • Leparine wrote: »
    Again: His text says he dispels first (foresight as well!), then he deals damage, regardless of evasion or not (because the foresight should be dispelled) Exactly that is not working in that way.

    I dont mean that offensive, if you are right and if its intended that way (which certainly could be true, but then the text is misleading) his ability is useless because Bastila-teams and JTR teams (The most Buff-heavy teams) have mostly foresight with their huge amounts of other buffs - So Chewie wouldnt dispel any of their buffs, which makes this ability extremely unuseful against the 2 only meta-teams that use buffs at all.

    There’s nothing wrong with a character not being ideal against certain teams. That’s balance. Every single dispel, outside of those that say they can’t be evaded, go through an accuracy check to see if they land. If Nihilus misses with his basic, whether it be foresight or just a straight evade, he doesn’t dispel any remaining buffs. Same with B2. It’s irrelevant whether they dispel buffs before or after damage. The attack has to land for the dispel to work.
  • Leparine
    38 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Thats because Nihilus attacks (deals damage) first, then he dispels. He attacks the foresight, the attack is evaded, so the dispel doesnt land. Same thing with B2. Chewie´s pulverize dispels first, therefore should dispel the foresight and then he attacks (deals damage). I dont know whats so complicated about that, I know what you mean and how this mechanic works normally and Chewies does not or the text is wrong.
    Post edited by Leparine on
  • Leparine wrote: »
    Thats because Nihilus attacks (deals damage) first, then he dispels. He attacks the foresight, the attack is evaded, so the dispel doesnt land. Same thing with B2. Chewie´s pulverize dispels first, therefore should dispel the foresight and then he attacks (deals damage). I dont know whats so complicated about that, I know what you mean and how this mechanic works normally and Chewies does not or the text is wrong.

    Word
  • Leparine
    38 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The correct wording of how it works *now* would be just like nihilus´: "Deal physical damage to all enemies and dispel all buffs on them" In that case, he would try to attack, his attack would be evaded because of foresight and the dispel wouldnt work since its correlated with his attack, which has been evaded. But the ability says specifically he dispels first and then attacks. Otherwise this whole mechanic would somehow attack twice in some crazy event coding. I stick to it, Chewies AOE dispel doesnt work properly at the moment.

    Anyway, if they leave it that way, pulverize is nothing than an ability that would´ve been good 18 months ago...
  • Leparine wrote: »
    Thats because Nihilus attacks (deals damage) first, then he dispels. He attacks the foresight, the attack is evaded, so the dispel doesnt land. Same thing with B2. Chewie´s pulverize dispels first, therefore should dispel the foresight and then he attacks (deals damage). I dont know whats so complicated about that, I know what you mean and how this mechanic works normally and Chewies does not or the text is wrong.

    The dispel and the attack are linked. It’s not that one can dodge and the other can’t. It’s roll to see if a hit lands, then if it hits you dispel first, then do damage. If the attacks is evaded the dispel doesn’t trigger. I don’t know what other way to explain it to you.
  • Edison wrote: »
    With all of the concerns about damage, don’t forget the flat 20% max health he also does anytime he does damage. So every assist call, every AOE. That would add up quick when talking about damaging a team.

    I hope so. But a simple daze or stun stops his assists, and both of those debuffs seem to be everywhere in arena. Maybe he’s meant for raids or something and not arena, I don’t know.

    Clearly built for STR! Read his kit....Han is immune to daze and stun....stand alone without Chirrut and his tenacity up buff and not worry anymore about what buff Trayas lightsabers have, cuz they won't stop Hans counters.
  • Leparine wrote: »
    The correct wording of how it works *now* would be just like nihilus´: "Deal physical damage to all enemies and dispel all buffs on them" In that case, he would try to attack, his attack would be evaded because of foresight and the dispel wouldnt work since its correlated with his attack, which has been evaded. But the ability says specifically he dispels first and then attacks. Otherwise this whole mechanic would somehow attack twice in some crazy event coding. I stick to it, Chewies AOE dispel doesnt work properly at the moment.

    Anyway, if they leave it that way, pulverize is nothing than an ability that would´ve been good 18 months ago...

    @Leparine , you are right. They'll probably fix it to dispel foresight too, considering its a new toon (rather than change the wording).
    Leparine wrote: »
    Thats because Nihilus attacks (deals damage) first, then he dispels. He attacks the foresight, the attack is evaded, so the dispel doesnt land. Same thing with B2. Chewie´s pulverize dispels first, therefore should dispel the foresight and then he attacks (deals damage). I dont know whats so complicated about that, I know what you mean and how this mechanic works normally and Chewies does not or the text is wrong.

    The dispel and the attack are linked. It’s not that one can dodge and the other can’t. It’s roll to see if a hit lands, then if it hits you dispel first, then do damage. If the attacks is evaded the dispel doesn’t trigger. I don’t know what other way to explain it to you.

    Please... just stop.
  • Leparine wrote: »
    The correct wording of how it works *now* would be just like nihilus´: "Deal physical damage to all enemies and dispel all buffs on them" In that case, he would try to attack, his attack would be evaded because of foresight and the dispel wouldnt work since its correlated with his attack, which has been evaded. But the ability says specifically he dispels first and then attacks. Otherwise this whole mechanic would somehow attack twice in some crazy event coding. I stick to it, Chewies AOE dispel doesnt work properly at the moment.

    Anyway, if they leave it that way, pulverize is nothing than an ability that would´ve been good 18 months ago...

    @Leparine , you are right. They'll probably fix it to dispel foresight too, considering its a new toon (rather than change the wording).
    Leparine wrote: »
    Thats because Nihilus attacks (deals damage) first, then he dispels. He attacks the foresight, the attack is evaded, so the dispel doesnt land. Same thing with B2. Chewie´s pulverize dispels first, therefore should dispel the foresight and then he attacks (deals damage). I dont know whats so complicated about that, I know what you mean and how this mechanic works normally and Chewies does not or the text is wrong.

    The dispel and the attack are linked. It’s not that one can dodge and the other can’t. It’s roll to see if a hit lands, then if it hits you dispel first, then do damage. If the attacks is evaded the dispel doesn’t trigger. I don’t know what other way to explain it to you.

    Please... just stop.

    I’ll stop if you can explain why the following “order of operations” is wrong or give 1 other example of an ability not working this way:

    Evasion check. Dispel. Damage.

    Foresight cuts the ability off at the evasion check, so the dispel never happens. Every single ability runs the evasion check first unless it says it can’t be evaded.

    You can argue that the devs are intending it to function differently, and without comment from them I can’t really argue that. You could be right. But you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are expectIng it to be changed. The most likely reason for it functioning the way it does is that they intended it to function that way.

  • I’ll stop if you can explain why the following “order of operations” is wrong or give 1 other example of an ability not working this way:

    RT
  • So where is he ?
    We were promised it would drop at midnight yesterday and still nothing
    Typical lack of comms from EA grrrrr
    It's not the walking Carpet I am desperate for it is the long overdue changes to STR they promised would come at the same time
    EA at least give us some comms on this please
  • Boov wrote: »

    I’ll stop if you can explain why the following “order of operations” is wrong or give 1 other example of an ability not working this way:

    RT

    You have your answer. @Bulldog1205

    Well played, boov. ;D
  • Boov wrote: »

    I’ll stop if you can explain why the following “order of operations” is wrong or give 1 other example of an ability not working this way:

    RT

    Explain.
  • Confident we are getting the OG falcon soon

    I agree. And I think the Falcon is going to be the OP legendary/heroes journey part. OG Chewy is just going to be a great character who isn’t over the top. But he will be needed for the ship that is meta changing.

    Just realised in the bounty hunter bonus drops promotion of chewy pushing bossk out of the way the falcon is in the background.... No way that's not hinting at OT falcon
  • So where is he ?
    We were promised it would drop at midnight yesterday and still nothing
    Typical lack of comms from EA grrrrr
    It's not the walking Carpet I am desperate for it is the long overdue changes to STR they promised would come at the same time
    EA at least give us some comms on this please

    Where have you read he was supposed to drop midnight yesterday? I think you have misread whatever it was.
  • Boov wrote: »

    I’ll stop if you can explain why the following “order of operations” is wrong or give 1 other example of an ability not working this way:

    RT

    Explain.

    RT dispels through foresight without doing damage.
  • Boov wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »

    I’ll stop if you can explain why the following “order of operations” is wrong or give 1 other example of an ability not working this way:

    RT

    Explain.

    RT dispels through foresight without doing damage.

    I was not aware of this. The point of the discussion is irrelevant now that we have a dev comment that it is WAI, but I’m curious about this RT thing now. His wording appears to be the same as Nihilus or other toons. Why does he dispel on a miss? That seems like a bug given there are many more examples of it not dispelling.
  • Boov wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »

    I’ll stop if you can explain why the following “order of operations” is wrong or give 1 other example of an ability not working this way:

    RT

    Explain.

    RT dispels through foresight without doing damage.

    I was not aware of this. The point of the discussion is irrelevant now that we have a dev comment that it is WAI, but I’m curious about this RT thing now. His wording appears to be the same as Nihilus or other toons. Why does he dispel on a miss? That seems like a bug given there are many more examples of it not dispelling.

    You remember when QGJ used to be able to TMR when evaded? The RT "bug" has been ingame for atleast that long. Maybe it's WAI? WAD? ;)
  • @CG_ParkingInstructor

    Many thanks for the clarification on that subject. So I assume the text is different than lets say Nihilus´ basic to clarify that the damage is specificaly dealt after the dispel (as e.g. crit.hit immunity would give another damage output)

    But nonetheless I have to say, I doubt it would´ve caused balance issues to give Pulverize "can not be evaded", as Jedi spread so much Foresight throughout the battle. It makes Chewie way less useful in my opinion as Sion´s (Marquee) and Asajj´s dispel, although he is a legendary Character and brand-new. But clearly you guys have more insight to that. We will see I guess, maybe/hopefully the cooldown reduction on this ability makes up for that as he can use it more frequently.
  • RT?
  • Monel
    1555 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I can tell you one thing—I’m not going to watch any of those YouTube videos.

    And I can tell you one thing - no one cares

    You say that, yet you cared enough to post your comment twice.
  • hunchew
    37 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @CG_ParkingInstructor

    Thanks for the answer, however your answer is at odds with how the game currently behaves. We wanted to test if dispel can be evaded. We focused on dispel as that's the first part of Chewie's special attack and is the key here. We chose Chopper, since he is the only toon we have who dispells without it being unavoidable. In our testing, Chopper was able to dispel GMY who had foresight with multiple buffs on him.

    The issue we have is with the rather specific wording of Chewie's special. As it is worded now, it appears bugged. If the current attack behavior is working as intended, please clarify the wording. Simply saying: "Dispel all buffs and deal physical damage" should be sufficient to clarify this.

    On the other hand, if dispel is supposed to remove all buffs, as it current does with Chopper, then you guys should probably take a deeper look at this behavior.
  • Monel
    1555 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

    I checked in with ParkingInstructor about a few of the other questions in this thread. Just to expedite his responses as he's busy designing cool stuff, here's what he told me:
    • Weakest Ally is determined by a combination of Health and Protection.
    • Han Solo is granted Guard in addition to the weakest ally. If Han Solo is the weakest ally then Guard will also be given to the second weakest ally
    • In general Dispel effects can be evaded (by Foresight for example). We need to update some of the older kits to be clear on the order of ability effects which use Dispel. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

    Cool stuff like OT Falcon?
Sign In or Register to comment.