Territory War Matchmaker

Replies

• I don’t think it’s as simple as that @Mookow23.

A few posts above this you’ll see guilds with GP of around 130M saying they have no trayas (or hardly any trayas). A guild like that would get slaughtered against one within your suggested bracket who have Sith raid on farm.

We don’t understand the algorithm at the moment, but there’s clearly a loophole with dropping a couple of players. That needs closed. But it needs to be more sophisticated than raw GP.
  • Date of TW: 9/23/18
    Your Guild’s GP: 110mm
    Opposing team’s GP: 101mm
    # of my guild members who joined: 30/30
    # of opposing guild members who joined: how do we know?

qmcvkrjoxodf.jpg

There is a HUGE problem with the matchmaking for guilds that do not register close to 50 members. We have another guild in our alliance that has really strong 42 members (4mill GP/person) yet they blow thru their opponents similar to this picture simply because the program matches them against a lesser opponent EVERY TIME.

Our guild had just gone thru a transition where we were a 170gp guild but lost half the members. Just so happened a TW was starting and we knew we would get matched against a crap guild. We all had trayas and they didn't have any. We all have JTR and only half their guild had JTR.

I'm requesting something specifically be looked at for guilds that register 45 or less members. It's too susceptible to have guilds load their game with alt accounts and then not sign those up for TW just to get an easy win.
  • BitoFlu
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    We have delt with this is the last 4 TWs.
    Latest one being on 9/23.
    m0k0o9ijbac9.png
    lden0w3rxz9r.png
    up371x1r6hqp.jpg

50 Solaris against 48 that we could count.

Thanks.
  • Dreislao
    380 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    3s3gwco6eozk.png
    4sv8chqd55is.png
    https://swgoh.gg/g/7587/the-republic/ v https://swgoh.gg/g/20/whos-the-bossk/

Date of TW: 9/23/18
    Your Guild’s GP: 178m
    Opposing team’s GP: 196m
    # of my guild members who joined: 50/50
    # of opposing guild members who joined: 48/50
    I fight the good fight
  • Made a report here too
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Massive-Territory-War-mismatch/m-p/7059859#M18167

The statement "there is a considerable difference in active GP of the participants, but that should be covered by the higher number of participants from your guild." does not compute. You really should look more into including the following into the matchmaking algorithm:
    1) The gear levels of the characters (G11+)
    2) Amount of characters that have zeta
    3) Average arena ranks

Look at the pic below and please do say that it makes sense to pair these two guilds together
    bggvy4qqmstl.png

09awo1xkwwsh.jpg
    This was within the first 4 hours. We had 3 fleet left. Went to bed and 7 hours later we were all cleared. We didn't get a single area ourselves because of Traya walls (we don't have a single Traya in our guild yet) and obviously due to the fact that we didn't have any hope at all we were not as active as we could have been.

https://swgoh.gg/g/5353/shywalkers/ vs https://swgoh.gg/g/17806/the-allidnce-alpha/
    Date of TW: 9/23/18
    our Guild’s GP: ~140m
    Opposing team’s GP: ~200m
    # of my guild members who joined: 49/50
    # of opposing guild members who joined: ?/50
  • For us, tw matchmaking is a fiasco on a regular basis. We don't even bother about tw anymore. Every single time we have to deal with bigger, stronger guilds.

e9i0om2iquzl.png

si8fugd85jho.png

As we all feel this is a lost cause for us. We decided to not even attack the other guild, we just lose time.
    Fix it as i see in the above posts we are not the only guild in this situation.
    Bring back the pleasure because we are burnout, panic farming, and sick of the your gold digger actions.
    P. S. Swgoh.gg is still outdated for the bot in my discord channel, so i must say the true difference in traya teams are 1 vs 46 in our last tw, that was on the 23 of this month.
    Have a nice day.
  • The September 17th. We Owen Family BBQ (https://swgoh.gg/g/2447/owen-family-bbq/) a 134GP, faced RebeI Force MandaIore (https://swgoh.gg/g/10648/rebei-force-mandaiore/) a 150GP guild. We were 49 and they were 47, I think. But the joke was 42 Traya teams vs 0 Trayas. Yes. In fact, TW are simply evaluated by Traya/Anti-Traya teams at the top end. We are a lone wolf guild, and thus were late to the HSTR game and for next couple of months we are gonna be a joke in TW until we can build up our Traya wall.
    It was not even a contest. I didn't saved a screenshot of the match (I was ashamed), but did a sceenshot of the comparison.
    3b950mscqpcs.png
  • Hotsauce
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The primary problem here is the active GP vs total guild GP. The problem is if you have a whale guild join a war down a few members and match down (some are doing it on purpose now, it is being planned/exploited), you become matched with a guild that will:

-Have less of the key characters
    -have way slower mod speed averages
    -Have less geared toons

The combo of those 3 things makes the war virtually impossible to win. The best solution is to, as others have stated base it on total GP of the guild of all 50 members. This immediately levels the playing field. Yes you can still have a 50 member guild that has focused on all the wrong things and is still out matched, but there should be an advantage to the guilds specifically recruiting people focused on TW and having TW rosters.

BUT WAIT, the next problem would be a guild purposefully dropping members out of that total GP, as they join TW (which will happen). So to me the best thing would be to take the average GP of all members currently in the guild and create the matchmaking total based on 50 members of that average.

Overall though, this problem is only going to get worse now as I have heard guilds are actively having members sit out of wars on a rotation so they get the mismatch, and always win.

Not fun to be on the receiving end.

As for the less than 50 member problem, I do not know how you would ever properly tackle guilds joining wars with less than 50 members fairly, as again as soon as you match down characters/gears/mods all come into play not just GP. To me you have the system try and match based on the GP average system I outlined in combo with the member count that joined the war, but if no opponent can be found with a similar active member count, its tough cookies and you are matched to your same average GP opponent and are short handed. Competitive TW guilds would have to push max/complete participation, which is how it should be.

• Mookow23
    79 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I don’t think it’s as simple as that @Mookow23.

A few posts above this you’ll see guilds with GP of around 130M saying they have no trayas (or hardly any trayas). A guild like that would get slaughtered against one within your suggested bracket who have Sith raid on farm.

We don’t understand the algorithm at the moment, but there’s clearly a loophole with dropping a couple of players. That needs closed. But it needs to be more sophisticated than raw GP.

If a guild is at 130M and does not have Traya, they should be at fault. Everyone knows the toons needed to complete the raid. There has been plenty of time to farm them. JTR should be in everyone's roster if they want to compete with Traya. If not they should be JTR ready for the next event.

my guild is 90 mil. without traya, if we get matched against 100 mil. with traya and loose props to them for grinding out the raid. I am not going to be upset as to being matched up with a 40+ mil. GP mismatch. Here lately we have been facing anywhere between 30-56 mill higher ACTIVE GP.
  • Mookow23 wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s as simple as that @Mookow23.

If a guild is at 130M and does not have Traya, they should be at fault. Everyone knows the toons needed to complete the raid. There has been plenty of time to farm them.

I get what you're saying, but I think 140m is really where the cutoff should be. Most 130m guilds can't quite finish heroic, unless every member is a clone. :smile:
    but I agree that once your up in that bracket, you can't expect to complain about facing traya. I see em every time, and I use zeta Phoenix to take em on.
  • Hi all!
    Why ea does not make a balanced match?
    158 vs 143 million gp.
    23 vs 101 average arena.
    32 traya vs vs 5.
    the Tw are horrendous because of you.
    Thanks EA,
    Cormia - elite cartel leader
  • I unfortunately don't have all of the specific info outside of comparative guild gp's saved for our multiple mismatches (we've been anywhere from 75-82m gp in the last two months and paired with 90-110m gp guilds). I still feel and will continue to say this, the two best indicators after GP of how mismatched you are, are the average player GP and the average arena rank between the guilds. A low average arena rank indicates the guild knows how to mod properly and will be more efficient. Average player GP indicates the typical roster strength of the que'd players. Even a 500k difference between avg roster strength between guilds almost always ends up in the favor of the higher guild. A 500k gap per the average player is usually at least the equivalent of every player in the stronger guild being able to post one more strong squad than every player in the lower ranking guild. And thats at a bare minimum. Two 1m gp players don't equate to a 2m gp player in the slightest, they might even have a hard time 2v1 against the squads of a 1.5m gp player. I'm not sure how the current system works, but i think if you put in a final check to the system requiring (i'll just throw out a ball park number here) 200k minimum difference between average player gp, it would toss out a ton of the terrible matchups that are happening.
  • Our guild 62m. Their guild 101m.wzn0q0bcp6d7.jpg
    v4eqpz01wwo3.jpg
  • I am Officer in Hellenic Flame in all the tw we match up with higher gp guild expect 1 tw which is not normal. v3tby1y40axt.png
    hxtwsdgj77xq.png
    bgbxwu9sndy6.png
    x0o9p78g3656.png
  • Date of TW: 10/01/2018
    Your Guild’s GP: 55,736,574
    https://swgoh.gg/g/27220/gdte-wdy-of-the-dllidnce/
    Opposing team’s GP:112,525,443
    https://swgoh.gg/g/51795/freeorder/
    # of my guild members who joined: 46
    # of opposing guild members who joined:32

They have an average GP of over a million more than us. This seems very excessive.
  • FredsFatties
    125 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    01/10/18 (also happens to be my birthday - thanks CG!)

4qt2b6yntf46.png
    3ijv6hb3gclo.png

We’ve got 42 (league of the illegal Fattie)
    They’ve got 36 (blue squad)

I do not care what you reckon 6 extra players gives us. We are losing this one end of. This is poorest match we’ve ever had and I want to know why!
  • BalecGonJinn
    153 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Here we go again...

aow12khrwkiu.png
    9ysjc09c7nek.png
    vcrpd2vcy6tl.png

As expected, they’ve run the table and we haven’t cleared even one section yet.

yu7qe2xmhn98.png
    Post edited by BalecGonJinn on
  • Creator
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Date of TW: 01.10.2018
    Your Guild’s GP: 152 mil
    Opposing team’s GP:192 mil
    # of my guild members who joined: 50/50
    # of opposing guild members who joined: 50/50

We are always receiving higher GP guild in the TW matchmaking, but now is completely ridiculous +40mil GP their average rank is 3. We refuse to participate in this TW is outrageous.

I need to know where we can create an official complain for this TW !!!!

Swgoh profiles of the guilds:
    DLF: https://swgoh.gg/g/13061/dlf/
    JPN Alliance: https://swgoh.gg/g/47497/jpn-alliance/

0esiysa7ifyu.jpg
    tr3nwy3zhl99.jpg

• Yuejandan52
    101 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Date of TW: 30 September 2018 (eastern US)
    Your Guild’s GP: 161 mil
    Opposing team’s GP: 187 mil
    # of my guild members who joined: 46
    # of opposing guild members who joined: 43-44

pekjqvz5fr0z.png
    7yqbe5d1iaww.png
    ceeyackfqx5b.png
    paqlv0ak21q0.png

• abc127
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Multiple entries. My guild is Dagobah Dermatology

8/20 vs Fightin Tocquevilles
    our GP - 42M; their GP 69.4M we had 40/50 join

8/25 vs Never Tell Us Odds
    our GP - 44M; their GP 83.2M - unknown how many joined (high 30s)

9/18 vs 501 Wasabi (see pic. symbols included0
    our GP - 49M; their GP 88.4M - 39/50 joined

9/22 vs FiveOFirst Battalion
    our GP - 48.5M; their GP 83.5M - 41/48 joined

10/1 vs IT'S A FINGER TRAP
    our GP 50.5M; their GP 98.9M - 40/48 joined
    vbod1v8dhsqy.jpg
    1oh1b95kpyv2.png
    cjyhxxmqcbug.png
    vsm6u9p4a0kw.jpg

**Edit** Regardless of using Active vs Entire GP, couldn't you simply but a lower bound on tiers, so no guild could lower than one tier from their Entire GP?

For example, if my guild has 83M GP, i can battle in the 70s tier (in case some of my guild isn't present) or the 80s. I *might battle a guild who is in the 90s, but has short attendance. Any of those are reasonable battles. If that guild came in with a 40M active GP (like the guilds that we have been facing), then they could expect to be wiped off the map - as it should be.

This way, the onus is on the guild itself to get players into TW. it does not become a strategic advantage for them because they're fighting (literally) 4 tiers below their counterparts, and their squad density is so much better than their opponent.

Another alternative is to add % player participation - so that someone with 83M total, but 42M Active (~50% active GP) - is pitted against someone else with approximately the same percentage active GP. Then it's going to be a battle of equals much more often.

I'm not trying to say these are the be-it-end-all solutions; but only suggesting there are some very simple constraints that could be applied, for balance, which clearly are not right now.
    Post edited by abc127 on
  • 10-1
    Empire Executor 154 GP total
    50/50 enter. 154 available

praetorian-guards 183 GP total
    47/50 entered. 173 GP avaiable aht3mc4xnjbd.png
    6x7wb3u45yqk.png

• CollinnOfENIGMA
    153 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Date of War: Oct 1
    Our Sister guild faces a guild that is 97,734,455 GP listed on swgoh.gg named Rising Heroes. ( https://swgoh.gg/g/7566/rising-heroes/ )
    Our guild has 56,689,529 GP listed on swgoh.gg name DawnOfENIGMA. ( https://swgoh.gg/g/43070/dawnofenigma/ )
    36 Members signed up from DoE, not sure how many from Rising Heroes.
    Screenshot of matchup(sorry I don't know how to post as pics only links?) :
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/452980589058850836/496458674475106320/Screenshot_20181001-190830.png
    Screenshots of DSRbots data pull of both guilds:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/347733008314269697/496461546742874115/Screenshot_20181001-162013_Discord.jpg
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/347733008314269697/496461547439390720/Screenshot_20181001-161957_Discord.jpg

There is over a 41 million GP disparity between the two guilds.....one of which at max has only 56mil GP....with 2 1/2 times as many zetas and almost triple the number or G12's? Right....should be a fair match.

COME on.......
  • October 1st 2018
    Notorious Separatists ( us ) 98 million
    Forsaken Ones ( them ) 150 million
    47/47 joined on our side
    Not sure how to calculate theirs. But the territory limit for teams is 18.
  • Sarith2017
    686 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Date of TW: 1st Oct
    Our GP (Nerfherder Union)142m with 132m active, 46 joined
    Their GP (Vader’s Dark Legion): 159m (active gp unknown), about 44 joined
    Average GP:
    Us: 2.8m Them: 3.2m
    G12s:
    Us: 877 Them: 1446
    Zetas:
    Us: 1040 Them: 1335

My guild is just fed up with constantly being outmatched.

Update: they beat us 10 territories to 1
    NU: 7966 VDL: 18888

qfgrad0jrffm.jpeg
    3y9eu5nb9td5.jpeg

Post edited by Sarith2017 on
  • Date of TW: 2018-10-01
    TNR Uprising vs. ShatterpÖint
    146.3m GP vs. 162.3m

we have 50/50 active but can only place 24 defenses per territory so their active members are 47-48.

The problem that seems to happen more often than not is that larger mega guilds are likely holding back players from joining so they get easier match-ups. Think of it this way:

A Junior High school football team has all 11 players and they are facing an NFL team playing with only 9. It seems that your matchmaking would call those 2 teams equal. It is extremely frustrating to knowingly get paired up with tougher opponents way more than 50% of the time. You can't tell me that there are not guilds with equivalent power to ours without adjustment.

As another poster said, wouldnt it make more sense to go off of total GP? Then if a guild has 170m GP they would be matched with another 170m GP guild regardless of how many actives they had? Put it on the guilds to get everyone to sign up to make the match fair, instead of making it more complicated. Thanks for listening and we all look forward to your resolution to this issue soon.

eioz9kd93p22.png
  • rymas1 wrote: »
    Date of TW: 2018-10-01
    TNR Uprising vs. ShatterpÖint
    146.3m GP vs. 162.3m

we have 50/50 active but can only place 24 defenses per territory so their active members are 47-48.
    As another poster said, wouldnt it make more sense to go off of total GP? Then if a guild has 170m GP they would be matched with another 170m GP guild regardless of how many actives they had? Put it on the guilds to get everyone to sign up to make the match fair, instead of making it more complicated.

2 points:

1) amongst this whole thread, this matchup is exceptionally close, as they’ll be using around 152M to your 146.3M

2) matching with the total GP has flaws, and is not as simple a solution as you suggest. There may be perfectly reasonable situations that would see a guild with 170M GP have members not able to participate in a TW. Forcing the rest of that guild to face off against a 170M GP guild who did have full participation is, in itself, not fair.

The algorithm seems to have too broad parameters. Our guild (https://swgoh.gg/g/12985/prepaired/ ) have never faced same guild twice in TW. There aren’t that many at a similar level to us so we have had many matches where we were outclassed and many where we were miles ahead.
  • Our last matches have been:
    +40m gm (lost, got 2 fields of traya, zero chance and we got 1 zeta they 3...felt shabby)
    +20m gm (won, got just a handful of traya)

Actual one we need to see...just our matches never had been equal and this makes all this system not like a matchmaking system but more like a win one get strong opponent, loose one get less strong opponent (still 20% more squad power than you)...apparently those at the top have not this kind of issue and always get lower opponents shuffled in as an unfair advantage. Just a bad system and i see no real competition except one single match we had which had been thrilling in about 20 since i am inside this guild.
  • Just use a rating system like ELO and tie win/loss rewards to that rating. Guilds that out-perform their GP will lose a lot more, but their rating will be higher, offsetting the losses. Matchmaking will self-correct, no more drama or manual actions needed.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    If you’re going to use an ELO based matchmaking system (which I would be very supportive of), do NOT tie rewards to ELO rating. If you do, you may find guilds disbanding and reforming at a rate that would put rats breeding habits to shame.

“Oh well, we’ve lost three times in row now. Time to disband. Everyone on Discord/Line and ready to reset our ELO?”
  • TheRudrick
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    ... Please post here with the following info if you have experienced a large mismatch in Guild GP during Territory War in the last couple months.
    • Date of TW: 2nd October 2018
    • Your Guild’s GP: 75,597,247 ( https://swgoh.gg/g/27459/pta-swh/ )
      • Active GP: 72,126,331
    • Opposing team’s GP: 121,805,741 ( https://swgoh.gg/g/25220/empire-hoth/ )
      • Active GP: uknown (but even if it is around the same as ours it would be nearly impossible to win against less number of 2-3M-ish GP players)
    • # of my guild members who joined: 48/50
    • # of opposing guild members who joined: unknown (where can i find such information?)/most likely 50

output from Discord "DSR Bot#1957":
    ouyak2iuv8cm.png