Kit Reveal: Chewbacca

124Next

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I checked in with ParkingInstructor about a few of the other questions in this thread. Just to expedite his responses as he's busy designing cool stuff, here's what he told me:
    • Weakest Ally is determined by a combination of Health and Protection.
    • Han Solo is granted Guard in addition to the weakest ally. If Han Solo is the weakest ally then Guard will also be given to the second weakest ally
    • In general Dispel effects can be evaded (by Foresight for example). We need to update some of the older kits to be clear on the order of ability effects which use Dispel. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Chewie's kit says "Dispel THEN deal damage"..... so dispel should remove the foresight but not the other buffs, and then the damage should proc.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I checked in with ParkingInstructor about a few of the other questions in this thread. Just to expedite his responses as he's busy designing cool stuff, here's what he told me:
    • Han Solo is granted Guard in addition to the weakest ally. If Han Solo is the weakest ally then Guard will also be given to the second weakest ally
    • In general Dispel effects can be evaded (by Foresight for example). We need to update some of the older kits to be clear on the order of ability effects which use Dispel. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Cool stuff like OT Falcon?

Come on @CG_SBCrumb its ok to say yes. You wont get in any trouble, I promise bwahahaha.
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Chewie's kit says "Dispel THEN deal damage"..... so dispel should remove the foresight but not the other buffs, and then the damage should proc.

Each attack only triggers 1 evasion roll. If the enemy has Foresight, all of the effects from the attack will be dodged. In the case of Pulverize, it means both the Dispel and the damage was dodged.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Each attack only triggers 1 evasion roll. If the enemy has Foresight, all of the effects from the attack will be dodged. In the case of Pulverize, it means both the Dispel and the damage was dodged.

Pretty sure that if you dispel and then attack that means OT Falcon is coming!
    Hi folks,

Ok, in that case the ability should read "dispel AND deal damage" so it clarifies that only 1 attack is happening. "Dispel THEN deal damage" implies that 2 functions are going on.

Ok, in that case the ability should read "dispel AND deal damage" so it clarifies that only 1 attack is happening. "Dispel THEN deal damage" implies that 2 functions are going on.
    I agree. :)
    l

Yeah, that’s pretty misleading. Definitely sounds like it implies two separate actions. Honestly, this ability sounds pretty weak given the current meta...
    l

Yeah, that’s pretty misleading. Definitely sounds like it implies two separate actions. Honestly, this ability sounds pretty weak given the current meta...

The “then” is necessary because it helps specify that the dispel occurs first. The order is important at times.

I wouldn’t really call an AOE attack that clears buffs and does an addition 20% health damage as weak. His entire kit is clearly designed to help counter the current meta. I don’t think he is enough by himself, but he’s a step in that direction.

There are still two functions, because it can still be an important distinction. Assuming no foresight, the dispel would remove, for example, defense up and/or crit immunity, before damage is dealt. It's also an important distinction from, for example, Sion's AOE, which does damage then dispels, because with Chewie's you could both dispel a taunt and end the turn with one if his damage is a crit and Kenobi is present, or you trigger some other taunting condition, whereas with Sion's you won't end the turn with a taunt but you get hit from retributions because the damage is done before those are dispelled.

• @Bulldog1205

You bring up fair points, all good. But atleast I see it differently. Pulverize seems extremely weak to me becauseagainst Foresight it does nothing of that juicy stuff.

It gets evaded 99% of the time by Bastila-Jedi. Also 3-4 toons in a RTJ-Team evade it 99% of the time.
    Even the taunt of a Kenobi can be problematic as he gets Foresight frequently. If its evaded, no dispel, no heal, no 20% max-health damage, nothing.
    Against Sith the dispel is rather pointless as they dont have many buffs and if so, they pop up again regulary anyway (Sith-Trooper and Sion!). Even B2 would be better here, as he applies atleast Buff-immunity temporarily against SiT. Against Sisters its usefull as it provides a nice heal to counter plague, but sisters arent meta anymore. So its hard for me to see in pulverize a counter to anything as it is in the current meta or to be good in the future. B2 and Probe Droid never made it just because of that little dispel detail. This will always bug me, as Sion and Asajj will ever be better dispellers anytime, forever, period.

Taken into account that Chewie is a Legendary toon, the first since a year and that he is probably the last Chewie (and rebel) we will ever get, this is way to weak.
    I really dont want to diminish anybodies joy (if so) about Chewie here. But atleast for me its not enough to invest so much in Bounty hunters (e.g. 7* Bossk/ BH all gear 12) in this short amount of time, which would be necessary as the event-article implies...
  • Monel wrote: »

Come on @CG_SBCrumb its ok to say yes. You wont get in any trouble, I promise bwahahaha.
    gallery_odd_you_know_nothing_jon_snow.jpg

• Monel
    2776 posts Member

gallery_odd_you_know_nothing_jon_snow.jpg

Ha, if I am Jon Snow that means I win. If I win that means I am right. OT Falcon confirmed.
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Is there any chance that Director Krennic will get "Guard" from Death Troopers in the future? Or is this a Chewbaca only benefit?

I always wanted an Imperial Guard synergy like this with Palpatine but maybe with different guards to make it more like the movies, 4 guards and Palp
  • Franimus wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    RIP sith meta. sigh

LOL. love when people claim stuff per-maturely.

What's premature about watching a bunch of gamechangers videos that play test the most optimal team with chewy against the current meta over and over again?

If you watched to the end, they lose to Traya on D, badly. Lots of teams can beat Traya on O. Few hold as well as her on D. I dont think this will unseat her.

And as much as I hate to say it because I dont have her, this is how it should be.

Agreed. Didn't anyone else see how chewie was near death the whole time on offense, and for chewie on defense the sith barely broke a sweat? While chewie certainly helps, I don't think he is anything earth-shattering with the recommended team.

I wonder if he is just part of what will be the meta team. Remember how BB-8 was kind of meh and then JTR comes and suddenly BB-8 is meta in arena? What if Beckett or Vos comes and Chewy joins a meta scoundrel team?

I think regardless we find a better team for Chewy anyways. The first toon that jumps out at me is Bistan. That little guy could be nice with Chewy.

Jedi Luke inbound?
  • Chewie will work well with scoundrels
  • Did they say how we can acquire Chewie?
  • rings wrote: »
    Did they say how we can acquire Chewie?

Ya they did in another post. You get him from a Legendary Event requiring Bounty Hunters.
  • Ha, if I am Jon Snow that means I win. If I win that means I am right. OT Falcon confirmed.

You won a trip with the Wampa. Good luck, don't sleep and let's try to survive

Do or don't there is no try
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    ...Weakest Ally is determined by a combination of Health and Protection.
    combined Health + Protection
    GMY : 57,603
    Bastila : 59,425

Bastila gets "Guarded".
    ???

Edit : I guess it's due to her leadership (Protection UP : +200%).
  • Leparine wrote: »
    @Bulldog1205

You bring up fair points, all good. But atleast I see it differently. Pulverize seems extremely weak to me becauseagainst Foresight it does nothing of that juicy stuff.

It gets evaded 99% of the time by Bastila-Jedi. Also 3-4 toons in a RTJ-Team evade it 99% of the time.
    Even the taunt of a Kenobi can be problematic as he gets Foresight frequently. If its evaded, no dispel, no heal, no 20% max-health damage, nothing.
    Against Sith the dispel is rather pointless as they dont have many buffs and if so, they pop up again regulary anyway (Sith-Trooper and Sion!). Even B2 would be better here, as he applies atleast Buff-immunity temporarily against SiT. Against Sisters its usefull as it provides a nice heal to counter plague, but sisters arent meta anymore. So its hard for me to see in pulverize a counter to anything as it is in the current meta or to be good in the future. B2 and Probe Droid never made it just because of that little dispel detail. This will always bug me, as Sion and Asajj will ever be better dispellers anytime, forever, period.

Taken into account that Chewie is a Legendary toon, the first since a year and that he is probably the last Chewie (and rebel) we will ever get, this is way to weak.
    I really dont want to diminish anybodies joy (if so) about Chewie here. But atleast for me its not enough to invest so much in Bounty hunters (e.g. 7* Bossk/ BH all gear 12) in this short amount of time, which would be necessary as the event-article implies...

Your basically only thinking of facing traya meta. And seemingly assuming it will always be meta. Chewy is a beast period. Imho
  • Leparine wrote: »
    @Bulldog1205

In my limited trials clearing that foresight can be powerful setup to a chain of chewie then assisting another toon. Chewie to clear the foresight, han special attack to Stun someone, chewie and han triple tap another guy, r2 can now land a Stun, cls can special attack a 4th etc. Imo there's a lot of potential as a setup for stuns from other toons.

Plus his bow caster charge can't be evaded and a stunned target can't use foresight.

In my 100-50 ranking I found the aoe really potent against jtr teams for the above reason.