Nightsister Zombie Rework: Begone Paper, Hello Fat [MEGA]

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Soooo can zombie revive even if 4 other NS are dead? The new unique doesn’t include the “while there are other NS active” but it’s implied in the example situation of an AOE

Reposting from the text above: "Do note that if Zombie has “revive charges” left on Undying Sacrifice and all of her allies, including herself, are defeated at the same time, no one will revive and the battle will end."
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I’m thinking is going to lead to even more timed-out arena battles.
    Good. We really need more arena teams where defense holds
  • @CG_TopHat how does this work in hstr with the multiple hits from sion/ traya in p4? How does it affect zombies speed on when they die? Also from what I gather from this is that the incentive is for zlmbie to take more than 1 hit before dying. This does ruin asajj zeta somewhat for the hstt strat in p4, less so for p3 and haat. Any comment on that?
  • it's not like there aren't enough moving parts in fighting the sith raid with NS, let's add another mechanic on top of it........
  • CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Soooo can zombie revive even if 4 other NS are dead? The new unique doesn’t include the “while there are other NS active” but it’s implied in the example situation of an AOE

Reposting from the text above: "Do note that if Zombie has “revive charges” left on Undying Sacrifice and all of her allies, including herself, are defeated at the same time, no one will revive and the battle will end."

Is this game wide or only SRT?
    Ultra wrote: »

Is this game wide or only SRT?

Game wide.
  • I want a refund on all my nightsisters. What a load of lies.

"At its core, this strategy primarily breaks a core tenant/rule of the game - investing more deeply in a character should always be better in terms of gameplay outcomes; more health, more damage, more functionality, etc. This is a game about strategic resource management and you should be rewarded for strategically investing in a character. People who did this investment were then punished, because there is no way to “level down” a character. This doesn’t always perfectly hold up, but we do our best to hold to the spirit of that core pillar as much as we possibly can."

Obviously, but if it keeps giving us some dollars we look elsewhere.

Like g7 bastila and some g11 jedis beating the palpatine traya g12 teams???

Core tenant/rule of the game??? Yeah right (Y)

I dont like to be treated as an **** with this kind of excuses, pathetic.
  • Also htf is that not a buff or debuff when it is clearly pictured as so. Just because you say the sky is yellow doesn’t change the fact it’s blue. You’re destroying a viable strategy because you’re greedy. This is totally ridiculous and an unfair nerf to a faction I’ve heavily invested in and most people have in order to beat your pos raid.
  • @CG_TopHat how does this work in hstr with the multiple hits from sion/ traya in p4? How does it affect zombies speed on when they die? Also from what I gather from this is that the incentive is for zlmbie to take more than 1 hit before dying. This does ruin asajj zeta somewhat for the hstt strat in p4, less so for p3 and haat. Any comment on that?

One at a time:

"how does this work in hstr with the multiple hits from sion/ traya in p4" It says if she takes damage and survives. It doesn't stack for multiple damage instances.

"Also from what I gather from this is that the incentive is for zlmbie to take more than 1 hit before dying." We think that's a fair statement. :smile:

"This does ruin asajj zeta somewhat for the hstt strat in p4, less so for p3 and haat" Given that dying and reviving is a large part of the Nightsister faction identity, we think that Asajj as a lead (and a part of the squad) is still very good. Additionally, Asajj's leader ability only deals with falling below 100% health, which is why we added the team heal on Zombie's special ability.
  • Further proof SRT is the single biggest mistake made in the game. Which hero is next to be reworked or adjusted instead of placing the blame on poor planning and implementation. Don't raise the bridge, lower the river.

I'll go out on a limb here and say the decision to rework Zombie was fairly independent of the raid. We'd been thinking about how we would tackle Paper Zombie for awhile prior. Critolyte expedited that thinking some, but we had already been thinking about it for a bit.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    "For those players that had invested in Zombie (Tanky or Fat Zombie) and invest in Undying Sacrifice, they may see some increased difficulty in setting up the perfect attempt in Phase 3, but should see their scores improve in Phase 4."

If this is true, I think this is fair.
    Yeah

Honestly I’m all for gear investment. G12 zombie SHOULD be better than g2 zombie.

As long as zombie doesn’t suck I’m content and that seems to be the case

• I dunno sounds like you'll be able to keep the TM train going longer with her mass heal. But she dies less so Asajj gets less offence. Revive charges look like its gonna be more complicated so attempts are just longer...
  • Great. So guilds that have HSith on farm have been rewarded for paper zombie strategy and those of us that are close to getting it on farm are getting screwed. Also, your excuse for a rework as far as lack of gear and development does not hold too much weight when you have arenas filled with 3 and 4 star Bastilas
  • You think extra heals compensate for ruining Asajj’s damage? Asajj self-heals.
    That’s 2 disastrous NS reworks. I WANT MY GEAR AND ZETAS BACK!
  • Did you consider how greatly reducing the damage of the only viable team in p4, while leaving it the same in p3 will cause drama in every guild that completes HSTR?
  • StuffedEwok
    56 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Great. So guilds that have HSith on farm have been rewarded for paper zombie strategy and those of us that are close to getting it on farm are getting screwed. Also, your excuse for a rework as far as lack of gear and development does not hold too much weight when you have arenas filled with 3 and 4 star Bastilas

When you see teams with G1 Bastilas outperforming teams with G12 Bastilas then it's a fair comparison.
  • Does annihilate outright kill her now?
  • i think too old i am for this game...
  • I wanted to take a moment and give a shout out of thanks to the designer who worked on her. He's helping me answer these questions as fast as we can. Thanks!
  • Here we go...........
  • My eyes just lit up. My guild is in P3. I wish this was live now! I want to test!
    @CG_TopHat if another Nightsister is annihilated will they be able to revive under zombies other NS can revive 2x thing? Since she revives from annihilates?

No, Undying Sacrifice's revive does not say "cannot be prevented" like her own revive from Endless Horde.

@CG_TopHat will this still count as one of zombie's charges?
  • As someone who complained and thought the previous bill is change was awful...

I think all in all this is a very fair and reasonable change in theory. Bit I'll reserve final judgement until I see how it works in practice.
  • Generic wrote: »
    Does annihilate outright kill her now?

No, she will continue to revive normally, provided she is either above 2 negative Endless Horde speed stacks or has unlocked Undying Sacrifice by reaching Gear Level 10.
  • Well it all sounds much more complicated than resetting everyones Zombie to zero and letting people rebuild her with current knowledge of thin or fat Zombie (and to be honest watch and see for a year is a rubbish excuse, more of a knee **** reaction to something that didnt really warrent it).

Too complex for me to work out if the change is good or just another nerf, but after months gearing them for P3 only im not going to be a happy bunny if they are ruined, added Zetas to Assaj, Dakar and MT just for a P3 team not just Daka, especially as tonight after 3 previous attempts i finally managed to post a score i was happy with (3 million).

Time will tell i guess.
  • I want my **** asajj ventures leadership zeta back. WTH!

• When you see teams with G1 Bastilas outperforming teams with G12 Bastilas then it's a fair comparison.[/quote]

When a 3 and 4 star G11 can outperform a full g12 7 star arena team then yes its a fair comparison
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Far too complicated for me to begin to understand how zombie works based on that description. Will need to see her in action before getting some idea of it. Can't tell how this will affect nightsisters in the heroic sith raid yet so I will hold off judgement.
    Further proof SRT is the single biggest mistake made in the game. Which hero is next to be reworked or adjusted instead of placing the blame on poor planning and implementation. Don't raise the bridge, lower the river.

I'll go out on a limb here and say the decision to rework Zombie was fairly independent of the raid. We'd been thinking about how we would tackle Paper Zombie for awhile prior. Critolyte expedited that thinking some, but we had already been thinking about it for a bit.

Umm.. Idk. Paper zombie was WAI to complaints about her. I think the Sith raid has more downs than ups as well.

Thanks for posting and answering Qs as well. It’s a good thing.