Advice for people new to ships

What ships should I farm / work towards? Besides waiting for HT, cads ship and IG2000

Replies

• Rebels: Biggs, Phantom, Ghost to get Chimaera. Dark Side to beat zeta challenge: Vader, Imperial TIE Fighter, Slave I, FO TIE
  • Bossk is incredibly easy to gear (except gear IX sucks) and his ship is viable at 3*. His ship is overpowered.

Phantom is the best reinforcement in the game... I run Geos but they were a painful grind... took over a month and they need to be gear XI & have their unique Omegas before they destroy other fleets. Tarkin is best Capital Ship... mainly because Ackbars Defense AI is absolute garbage.
  • I run Biggs, Phantom II, and Ghost with Vader, ITF, and FOTF as reinforcements. The Phoenix ships are a no-brainer because you probably have the pilots all 7* and geared except Sabine. Biggs is by far the best LS tank, a fast farm, and relatively easy to gear. Assuming you got in a fairly fresh shard, those three will get you near the top while you farm up some dark side ships and pilots.

Vader and ITF are top priorities. Slave 1 is clutch in the Executrix challenges, but I don't run it in fleet because on defense, the AI will call it as a reinforcement before Vader. KRU and his ship are on the same cantina node, so get them. Sun Fac is almost a necessity for the 6* Executrix challenge, so start on him. Then you'll need FOTF, Scimitar, or one of the other Geos for a 6th. Geo Soldier and his ship are probably the easiest to farm and gear.
  • If OP is new player and trying to get ships going now then he does not need to worry about it as he will probably never beat tier 3 challenges, never have to worry about Chimaera or any 5* capital ships as those are HSTR level difficulty post Ship 2.0.
  • Xezee wrote: »
    Rebels: Biggs, Phantom, Ghost to get Chimaera. Dark Side to beat zeta challenge: Vader, Imperial TIE Fighter, Slave I, FO TIE

This is pretty good advice in my opinion.
  • Zinke7 wrote: »
    If OP is new player and trying to get ships going now then he does not need to worry about it as he will probably never beat tier 3 challenges, never have to worry about Chimaera or any 5* capital ships as those are HSTR level difficulty post Ship 2.0.
    If you can't beat the T3 challenges then you need to bottle that salt and work on your fleet.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    SemiGod wrote: »
    What ships should I farm / work towards? Besides waiting for HT, cads ship and IG2000
    Don't wait on new content which wont even be farmable for a while and will be out of your reach for even longer.

Biggs, Tie Fighter, Geos, Ahsoka, Kylo unmasked and more are easily farmable and useful right away. Your biggest limitation will be
    fleet store tokens so try to build up one or two ships from other sources

Your other important decision is which capital ship. Much as I like Home One, I would have to recommend Executrix. There's just too much upgrade material tied up behind its challenges.
  • Not nearly enough love for TIE Silencer in here. It's a solid ship that can deliver insane hits with Overwhelming Advantage, and it's on the same cantina node as its pilot, who is also a key FO character.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I'm kind've in the same place as @SemiGod, but have the ITF at 10 or 11k and Biggs' X-Wing at 5-6k. Just got the Tie Silencer today so that's good and I get the Tie Advanced in Fleet Shop when I can. Any other advice?
  • I'm kind've in the same place as @SemiGod, but have the ITF at 10 or 11k and Biggs' X-Wing at 5-6k. Just got the Tie Silencer today so that's good and I get the Tie Advanced in Fleet Shop when I can. Any other advice?
    Tie Advanced is a slower, longer term farm.

Stick with single pilot ships unless you already have the crew powered up e.g. you followed the Phoenix meta path.

Capital ship challenges require increasing numbers and *s of either light side or dark side fighters so keep that in mind.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I'm kind've in the same place as @SemiGod, but have the ITF at 10 or 11k and Biggs' X-Wing at 5-6k. Just got the Tie Silencer today so that's good and I get the Tie Advanced in Fleet Shop when I can. Any other advice?

Stick with single pilot ships unless you already have the crew powered up e.g. you followed the Phoenix meta path.

Capital ship challenges require increasing numbers and *s of either light side or dark side fighters so keep that in mind.

Which is why I started as soon as I could. I didn't really follow the Phoenix meta but rather started to farm toons for CLS immediately, so I have barely any of the Phoenix squadron.
    I'm kind've in the same place as @SemiGod, but have the ITF at 10 or 11k and Biggs' X-Wing at 5-6k. Just got the Tie Silencer today so that's good and I get the Tie Advanced in Fleet Shop when I can. Any other advice?

Which is why I started as soon as I could. I didn't really follow the Phoenix meta but rather started to farm toons for CLS immediately, so I have barely any of the Phoenix squadron.
    Slave 1, Sun-Fac and Umbaran are useful and can be farmed with a mix of fleet nodes and fleet store. Note however than Sun-Fac himself is store-only.

Geo Soldier is useful and easy to farm.

Ignore / replace Resistance X-Wing and Arc fighter.

Which capital ship are you using?
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Slave 1, Sun-Fac and Umbaran are useful and can be farmed with a mix of fleet nodes and fleet store. Note however than Sun-Fac himself is store-only.

Geo Soldier is useful and easy to farm.

Ignore / replace Resistance X-Wing and Arc fighter.

I'm using Tarkin.
    I'm using Tarkin.
    Good choice. I prefer Home One personally but Executrix is undeniably strong and opens up access to vital ability materials.
  • Phantom has (one of) the best reinforcement ability, sure. I don't think the ship itself is the best reinforcement. It's really only good with ghost, and the meta doesn't really utilize ghost/phantom. Not to mention the resource investment that 3 pilot ships require compared to their single pilot brethren. Doubly so for the Phoenix ships since no one really invests in them after they get thrawn - meaning the ships will likely never be maxed.

Ultimately you want Biggs/Imperial Tie/(Vader/FoTIE/Silencer) with a few choices for reinforcement.

Houndstooth is a great ship, but currently has trouble with Vader Biggs duos due to Vader's unique feeding Biggs protection every time Bossk uses his basic attack.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Phantom has (one of) the best reinforcement ability, sure. I don't think the ship itself is the best reinforcement.

You get your Phoenix characters to the G10/11 range, which you'll eventually want to do for TB and TW teams, as well as various other events (and with Ezra being a critical component of Bastila-lead Jedi teams, gearing him is a no-brainer), the Phantom can one-shot about any ship that has been stripped of protection when it reinforces and you use it's special attack. The Phantom has been a vital ship in my fleet for many months, and that is without using a Ghost anymore.

I used it back when I ran Biggs, TIE Advanced, and the FOTP in my starting lineup, and I still use it now that I've switched to the Geonosians.
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited October 2018

One good answer: geo trio, reinforcement: vader, plo koon, cassian and poe. Capital ship: executrix.

You can use bigss as reinforcement instead of cassian or poe, but you wont call more than 2 reinforcement, usually vader comes in and you win.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • zegene wrote: »

One good answer: geo trio, reinforcement: vader, plo koon, cassian and poe. Capital ship: executrix.

You can use bigss as reinforcement instead of cassian or poe, but you wont call more than 2 reinforcement, usually vader comes in and you win.

Geo Trio for a starting player? Ugh. Plo Koon, Cassian, Poe - also toons not really used outside of fleet.

Biggs, Vader, TFP, Tarkin, Boba, Phoenix - you're working on these toons anyways (or you should be) and they will be the core of fleet for a long time.
  • zegene wrote: »

Geo Trio for a starting player? Ugh. Plo Koon, Cassian, Poe - also toons not really used outside of fleet.

Biggs, Vader, TFP, Tarkin, Boba, Phoenix - you're working on these toons anyways (or you should be) and they will be the core of fleet for a long time.

Well, tough choice but rank1 guarenteed, especially for a starting player. And this is super easy if we compare to squad arena hardness.
  • I've been #1 in Fleet for months with Biggs + Phoenix with Vader/FOTP/TFP as reinforcements. I've hit all my targets for Legendaries so far and I have 7* Thrawn, Palpatine, GMY, R2, CLS, and BB-8. I was on track for a 6* Revan until they announced 7* unlock, and I'll have my Bounty Hunter team at 7* soon after I 5* Nightsisters for the Dathomir event. I had been hoping for a 5* Chewie, but didn't anticipate the increased gear requirements.

I would not have been able to do all that if I had jumped right into the Geonosians. I haven't forgotten about them, but I prioritized Legendaries and farmed the Geos when I had openings in my cantina schedule. I'm two shipments away from finishing Sun Fac's ship and 6 days from 7* spy. They need more gear, but the ships are leveled and omega'd so I can switch my lineup very soon.
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    zegene wrote: »

Well, tough choice but rank1 guarenteed, especially for a starting player. And this is super easy if we compare to squad arena hardness.

I, like the poster above me, have had no issue grabbing first (sniping aside) with Biggs/TFP/FOTP/Vader etc. Even against an ackbar/geo fleet and another ackbar time-out fleet. Meanwhile I've been able to get Thrawn, CLS, JTR etc...none of which I could have done with Sun Fac and the other bugs.
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited October 2018

I, like the poster above me, have had no issue grabbing first (sniping aside) with Biggs/TFP/FOTP/Vader etc. Even against an ackbar/geo fleet and another ackbar time-out fleet. Meanwhile I've been able to get Thrawn, CLS, JTR etc...none of which I could have done with Sun Fac and the other bugs.

Farming bugs and their ships is easy and its not conflicting with the events you said. The hardest is to gear them up and anyone can gear 3 **** geos slowly while gearing others, period.

And traya team is not unbeatable too, if you get what i mean.
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Farming bugs and their ships is easy and its not conflicting with the events you said. The hardest is to gear them up and anyone can gear 3 **** geos slowly while gearing others, period.

Sure it does.

Geo Soldier - Cantina Farm
    Soldier Ship - Hard Node

Sun Fac - Shipments
    Sun Fac Ship - Fleet Battles

Geo Spy - Cantina Farm
    Geo Spy Ship - Shipments

Cantina has tons of toons that need farming. Hard nodes are slow and also have a lot of competition.

That leaves shipments, which are also valuable and more importantly inconsistent.

Can you farm bugs? Sure.
    Should you do it in front of other farms? Or parallel to them? I guess that's up to the individual.
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Sure it does.

Geo Soldier - Cantina Farm
    Soldier Ship - Hard Node

Sun Fac - Shipments
    Sun Fac Ship - Fleet Battles

Geo Spy - Cantina Farm
    Geo Spy Ship - Shipments

Cantina has tons of toons that need farming. Hard nodes are slow and also have a lot of competition.

That leaves shipments, which are also valuable and more importantly inconsistent.

Can you farm bugs? Sure.
    Should you do it in front of other farms? Or parallel to them? I guess that's up to the individual.

No it does not.

Four resources: galactic war store, fleet store, 2 events. Why did you bother to search and write the nodes here i really dont know.

Traya team is not unbeatable too, if you get what i mean.

Good luck.
  • If you're spending your GW currency on geos, where are you getting Zeb and K2S0?
    If you're spending your fleet currency on geos, where are you getting ghost, phantom, biggs, wedge ships?

Sure, there are events that drop geo stuff. But that's the only source that doesn't interfere with Thrawn/Chimera prep. And you'd have any other team ready LONG before you got geos in shape from those events alone.
  • If you're spending your GW currency on geos, where are you getting Zeb and K2S0?
    If you're spending your fleet currency on geos, where are you getting ghost, phantom, biggs, wedge ships?

Sure, there are events that drop geo stuff. But that's the only source that doesn't interfere with Thrawn/Chimera prep. And you'd have any other team ready LONG before you got geos in shape from those events alone.

Wow, you really like to discuss, dont you? Aim is not speed farming geos but farming geos with others. It does not become undoable because you say so. OP asked something and everybody shares their experience. Thats all.
  • Let's see. For cantina farms, we have Hera, Ezra, ****'s, TFP, Luke, Old Ben, KRU, and Kylo as pretty much the bare minimum. Many people will want to add Wedge and FOX to that list for Chimera and BB-8 respectively. Plus, now there's Mission and T3 for Revan and Q'ira and L3 for Smugglers Run.

That's 6+ months of heavy farming, and without meticulous planning, spreadsheets tracking everything, and shrewd guesses when the events woukd come back, working on the Geos st all would have meant missing at least one Legendary. I didn't take them past 3* until I was sure I could finish Luke in time for CLS, even if we didn't have any notice(which is exactly what happened).

So no, you aren't going to farm Geos to a usable level alongside your legendary teams without missing at least one legendary.
  • Would say hard to give recommendations if u don’t know ur roster Should use ships u have pilots geared upgraded or means to do so without falling behind no point in upgrading toons for simple purpose of fleet they should be useful in other areas of game like squad so u don’t fall behind in that either a lot give late game tips but u need to focus on where u r at so u can get rewards early and mid game with late game as secondary focus so u can transition when time comes