Recruiting hassles: TW then TB

When players feel unwelcome or have been kicked, they look for another guild. That’s normal, but imagine getting TW rewards and getting kicked out - fine, join another guild
BUT
if a TB starts immediately after TW
& if there’s (still) a 24h delay before joining guild activities
then EA is choosing to punish post-TW guild changes, both the player involved AND the guild they join. Who can fathom any reasoning behind that??
And it persists for a TB with double-token payout on Special Missions. Talk about punishing & wanting to hurt someone (not me as it happens)
- - - -
EA, PLEASE CHOOSE
either allow 24h gap after TW before starting TB
or waive the 24h wait on guild events

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This month was a special case with a compressed schedule to add in the canceled LSTB from last month.

They are in no way punishing anyone (and are in no way choosing to do so). Player movement is not within their control nor is it predictable. They cannot account for everything we might do.
  • Changing guilds can be done at any time so there is an inability to anticipate that but at the same time very few choose to change guilds while they’re engaged in a TB or TW. So there is some predictability.
    This is not the first post to ask for consideration of guild recruitment. They can take recognisable behaviours into account, if they choose to, and that is my call upon them. I don’t expect that is unreasonable
  • Kyno wrote: »
    This month was a special case with a compressed schedule to add in the canceled LSTB from last month.

They are in no way punishing anyone (and are in no way choosing to do so). Player movement is not within their control nor is it predictable. They cannot account for everything we might do.

They did choose to do this though, they could have just canceled the TB and given out rewards for it (they've done it before) and left the standard schedule of 2 TB intact
  • I believe I made the original post during that TB. Each member of my guild collected some 6200 guild event tokens from special missions, except the player who joined us immediately after the preceding TW. And then the rewards of the 40+ stars
    -
    I suggest that was too high a cost for changing guilds. If the timetable must be compressed, please retain a 24h delay after TW OR waive the 24h waiting period
  • For anyone following this thread, we had a player join 75min before start of TB, which would’ve left him 75min to get some phase 1 action (special Mission) to ensure he got a payout, but he was able to play a whole lot earlier than that.
    The 24hour probation may have been lifted
    He may well have been entitled to payout without phase1 participation, but a newbie taking it easy on the first in-guild event doesn’t inspire confidence
  • As far as I'm aware there's never been a '24 hour probation' for any guild activity except gear requests. You can join 5 minutes before TB and you should still be eligible to take part. Same with TW.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299