Let's talk Solo toons...

Okay, so now that they've been farmable for a while and people are starting to 7* them, has anyone found uses for the Solo toons?

-Enfys Nest is awesome, obviously.
-Range Trooper is awesome in Imperial Troopers.

The rest? Eh...

L3-37: Has anyone tried the zeta'ed droid team yet with HK-47, IG-88, BB8, R2, IPD? Any other squads where L3 is useful?

Young Lando: Doesn't seem like he has much use beyond powering the OP Falcon...

Qi'ra: Leadership seems useful. zHan spam team was fun, but not serious...any PvP or Sith Raid usefulness at all?

Vandor Chewie: Zeta seems...powerful. Usefulness in P1 or P2 of Sith Raid? Anyone?

Young Han: Seems like he has the most Raid potential of anyone...anyone taken a serious crack at a Sith team with Young Han?

Thank you in advance for any insight!

Replies

• L3 is amazing in most squads. Amazing toon. You can even run her with sith in arena. VC is another stud. I would ran the toons Enfys>L3>VC>Range after that things get meh. Move on to Bigz and Mission after those 4
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm still working on them myself (most are at 5 or 6 stars, g10–g11), but I kinda love them.

Qira, VanChew, L3, Nest, Zaalbar make an great TW defensive team.

This or a variant (St Han, Yolo could swap for Zaalbar or Nest) are a pretty reliable LS TB team, autoable at lower phases. They just have so much staying power.

They also have some pretty nice raid potential, I think: Qira, VanChew, StHan, Yolo, and a fifth scoundrel (Mission? Zaalbar for armor shred? Both?) do respectably well in STR p2. StHan shovels tons of TM to the rest, and all the protection regen (from VanChew, Yolo) keeps him in good shape. If you lose someone, VanChew brings them back (have not regretted that zeta at all). Sub in L3 for StHan for a heal in p1/p4. A zeta on Yolo would likely make them not just decent but very good, but I haven't splurged for his zeta yet.

Yolo himself fits into a nice HAAT team: AA, CLS, BB-8, Hoda, Yolo. McMole2 has soloed the entire HAAT with this team. Since I don't have those insane mods and am not going to move mods just for a raid, I can't solo but I can either get 15 mil (p1 and half of p2) or 25 mil (all of p3 and p4). It's not wampanader, but it's not too shabby.

L3 herself is pretty versatile. I've seen video of L3 subbing in for OB on a Chewie rebels team, and she works nicely.

You're right thought that Young Lando seems like the odd one ought who hasn't found a place except as a pilot.

• I like them all but have not tested Lando much yet. Vandor and L3 are one of the best combos in the game. Ive posted lots about them.

Ive run them once in T4 P2 of Sith Raid and yeah, Yolo is awesome. This is my only try so far and I made lots of mistakes. They can do way better.

vw6za7iph66x.png
  • Lando hits HARD

L3 is incredible but best paired with BigZ...WHO is just as incrED.

vandor requires both l3 and z to shine.

Those three require qira.
    Your only..choice is to nest or not ro nest
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Young Han has solod a few 3v3s for me. He obvously didn't smash the Triumvirate by himself, but he's good for mopping up trash teams
  • Qi'ra: All around balance leader and of course the only leader ability within' the current Solo movie characters. Do not underestimate the Unique zeta, btw.

L3-37: I have not zeta'd her yet, but yeah... even at G11 she is in the top of conversations of taunting tanks in the game.

Young Lando: really great basic attack, a special that grants stealth, and another special that has ability block and reduces cool downs, and one of the only 2 characters that can give target Prepared.... again, in the conversation for top kit in the game.

Young Han: A special that stacks himself +200 speed with retribution and protection up, another that can recover an ally's protection, also can give a target ally Prepared, and a unique that stacks offense and CC while assisting.

Vandor Chewy: Another bad-a tank that recovers health and protection for himself and ally's while forcing opponents to attack him. A revive is always great and with the two "Young Toons" able to give prepared to who they want, the ability to revive can almost always be there.

Left out Nest and Range cuz they are just pretty great... as you say.

https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Lando's basic can't be countered and he can grant stealth, which makes him pretty good for HSTR Phase 2 teams.

I've managed decent results with Qi'ra/Young Han/Vandor/Raid Han/OT Chewie in phases 2 and 3, also.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Love me some solo toons. This is my arena team. All solo toons, except zaarbal. Full zetas on all (l3 is fun with droids).
    bkkwh4f0pwov.jpg
  • I have created a Han Solo team. Unfortunately, since ST Han is the only Han with a lead (and it's mediocre at best), I do not run a five Han team (though I could). So I use CLS lead with four Hans. It's a lot of fun and probably the most unique team in the arena (so tired of all the same cookie cutter teams). For my team, Vet Han and Young Han are interchangeable, the rest stay. I use Vet for arena and Young for raids.

Vet Han and raid Han for stuns and damage, CLS to clear taunts, and ST Han as tank (obviously). It works well, and a lot of the times it can take out Bastila and Sith teams. I have yet to take out a Revan team with my Hans, but Revan is OP anyway. Highest rank I got with Han is just under 100, but I'm not adamant about the arena, so I could probably rank higher if I really tried.
  • Well, since posting the OP a few months ago, I have indeed geared them all up considerably:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/792672567/characters/?f=Smuggler

I ran Qi'ra, Vandor, Han, L3 ,and Chewie for a while in Arena, but that team absolutely cannot beat Revan or Traya. A few notes on what I found:

-Young Han is a Raid-Wrecker. Most useful for Tank raid, but also good for P2 on Sith Raid. Other than that, erm, he's kinda lackluster in PvP.
    -Young Lando is almost entirely worthless, except his ship. Lando's Falcon is basically a Coup de grâce to the enemy fleet if called in as the third reinforcement. Three immediate turns while dispelling buffs and debuffs. Still viable against any/all fleets, and an absolute wrecker of the new ****.
    -Range Trooper might be the BEST solo toon. I toppled a full G12 zzzRevan team in the last TW with zVeers, Starck, Deathtrooper, Shore, Range. Range Trooper makes the Imperial Troopers team SCARY good.
    -L3 is a beast of a tank, but not really PvP viable with all of the Revan going around.

Overall, the smugglers they are a solid team that can surprise people in TW, and can be useful in other parts of the game, but not anything top tier. I would compare them very closely to Phoenix, where a full G12 team with zetas can easily be underestimated, and Lando's Ship is a really great overlooked ship.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Landos ship is awesome. Since HMF I have started calling him 2nd instead of Cassian if I have breach on one of my ships. His cleanse, buffs, debuffs, and wipes are random, but they have turned the tide of many battles. And he can 2 shot a full health HMF.

As for the toons, I still hold top 100 in arena even with all of the new Revans, but they are just for fun. Hopefully Beckett will make them more arena viable.

And if droids are about to get a rework, watch out for L3. She is a spectacular tank.

• @VonZant, I've started gearing/starring the solo toons primarily from your posts showing their capabilities. Haven't been disappointed yet.

I'll also second that Range might be the best of the ones released so far. He makes Troopers much more viable at lower gear levels than before.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    People are figuring them out now, so they can be beaten, but if you stick them in middle zone in TW or back zone in GA and the enemy uses their JTRs and EP teams before they get there, it's a tough beat.

Double tank they are fine on Defense because Vandor. Single tank, better to use them on O because the AI CANNOT properly use the prepared mechanic.

I have to say Young Lando is growing on me. Even outside of the Solo squads his cleanse, stealth and Speed up buff are very useful. I havent found the perfect use for him yet but hes got promise.

I still havent geared Range yet. But he has made some of my guildys trooper teams pretty awesome.
  • Range is amazing, but I think the reason you beat that Revan team in TW had more to do with the insane faction bonuses Troopers got this past event.

Still, Range is worth everything you put into him.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    u1p3d8ftwur6.png

VonZant is the forum's resident scoundrel expert and helped me groom this team. I went from 250 to 100-ish with this team and I still stayed here even with the influx of Revan teams.

I had a variation of zQira and zVandor during the last normal TW and it was the team that had the most defenses.

So far, the SOLO toons have been helpful everywhere except for Sith raid but that's admittedly because I don't know where/how to use them in the Sith raid.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Like VonZant said, Young Lando is also growing on me. He's a beast and can make other characters very fast. Eventually we'll find a crazy awesome fit for him.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Fyi they can do 2M + in phase 2 and 3 of T6 Sith. More if you add Mission. I saw a heroic video where they got 5M.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Fyi they can do 2M + in phase 2 and 3 of T6 Sith. More if you add Mission. I saw a heroic video where they got 5M.

Is it that annoying Salad Bar video? Qira, Young Han, Zaalbar, Mission, and Hermit Yoda lineup?
  • Lio wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

Is it that annoying Salad Bar video? Qira, Young Han, Zaalbar, Mission, and Hermit Yoda lineup?

Yeah thats the one. And yes, the salad bar thing got a little old after the first 30 times he said it. ;)