Content Update 9/26/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Vendi1983 wrote: »
    No. It's 1/3 on any character shard on any node. Been stated very clearly countless times in the past.

Human perception of statistical averages is very poor.

So you’ve tested every node or has CG released the statistical probability like they did for the crystal packs and I just missed it?
  • I'm with Chewie. I keep up with the CG postings. Here, and when I can on Reddit. I don't recall any official statement here about 1/3 drop rate. If it was Reddit, it's more likely it skipped my attention and that's a whole nother can of worms opened because I have very strong feelings about using any site other than this one as official sources of discourse.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    No. It's 1/3 on any character shard on any node. Been stated very clearly countless times in the past.

So you’ve tested every node or has CG released the statistical probability like they did for the crystal packs and I just missed it?

There has been ton of testing and the average is 1/3
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    fei54l.jpg
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »

Testing by who? I’d like to actually see the results for every node
    yohann269 wrote: »

use google and search, there have been a ton of posts on Reddit about it. You've been playing this game long enough to have an idea about drop rates.
  • Oh no! She still surfs while in battle!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm with Chewie. I keep up with the CG postings. Here, and when I can on Reddit. I don't recall any official statement here about 1/3 drop rate. If it was Reddit, it's more likely it skipped my attention and that's a whole nother can of worms opened because I have very strong feelings about using any site other than this one as official sources of discourse.
    Thare has been several who have tested the drop rates, and all the results showed 32-34% drop rate
    a lot of them are here on the forum
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection

Tons of player lead research has been done using thousands of samples across 8, 10, 12, 16 energy nodes and they came out at 1 in 3. Things like MK III ability mats seem to have a higher drop rate on higher energy nodes, but character shards remain pretty constant.
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    I'm with Chewie. I keep up with the CG postings. Here, and when I can on Reddit. I don't recall any official statement here about 1/3 drop rate. If it was Reddit, it's more likely it skipped my attention and that's a whole nother can of worms opened because I have very strong feelings about using any site other than this one as official sources of discourse.
    Thare has been several who have tested the drop rates, and all the results showed 32-34% drop rate

Thanks!!
  • yohann269 wrote: »

use google and search, there have been a ton of posts on Reddit about it. You've been playing this game long enough to have an idea about drop rates.
    Yeah I have been playing long enough to know it’s not consistent on every node
    Corrog wrote: »
    Immediate takeaway: easily farmable old republic characters. Much appreciated, thanks CG.

For a legendary we’ll be I’ll prepared for.

why? you are getting lots of warning to farm, they have the toons spread out and on multiple hard nodes of different energy sources.

Idk about you but I know I have toons that need to be farmed in all these locations already including bastilla and Jolee. The cantina farm isn’t easy if anything it’s worse because of the slow energy refresh and more expensive crystal refreshes. And no it’s not multiple energies it’s the same energies that the solo toons are on and that other kotor toons are on.

I have to think you are pretty far along on Bastilla and Jolee though, right? If not, then you may need to spend a little money for extra crystal refreshes.

If the KOTOR toon that we get using these toons is Malak or Revan, then it makes sense that they are going to try and monetize the farm to get him.
  • Ztyle wrote: »

It's okay, I'll italicize the part you had trouble with.

I don't recall any official statement here about 1/3 drop rate.

Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    There have never been any official word on character/ship shard drop rates afaik, even the pack drop rates are enclosed a few weeks ago because of a new law.

However this is a community full of nerds (in a positive sense) and drop rates have been tracked on many topics over the time. It was always the same on large sample sizes on every node tested. Of course it's up to you to believe otherwise. To curb your curiosity you'll have to delve into forum history via search function.
  • I'm at a point where I've heard enough positive feedback from a p4 perspective that I'm good with the change, it will crush p3 but that was more of a gimmick then p4 strat. As far as Daka zeta after all the raid headaches lately, tw/tb issues and other in game things I think they should just give us a zeta as a thanks for sticking it out and being loyal throughout a "pardon our dust " phase honestly. I woulda had I been the developer for good faith alone.
  • r0msp1i5bfqn.png

the classic 5 clone wars chewie shards.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited September 2018

Yeah I have been playing long enough to know it’s not consistent on every node

Please disclose to us how you came upon this knowledge. What's consistent even mean? It's statistics.
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    Immediate takeaway: easily farmable old republic characters. Much appreciated, thanks CG.

why? you are getting lots of warning to farm, they have the toons spread out and on multiple hard nodes of different energy sources.

Idk about you but I know I have toons that need to be farmed in all these locations already including bastilla and Jolee. The cantina farm isn’t easy if anything it’s worse because of the slow energy refresh and more expensive crystal refreshes. And no it’s not multiple energies it’s the same energies that the solo toons are on and that other kotor toons are on.

I have to think you are pretty far along on Bastilla and Jolee though, right? If not, then you may need to spend a little money for extra crystal refreshes.

If the KOTOR toon that we get using these toons is Malak or Revan, then it makes sense that they are going to try and monetize the farm to get him.

Absolutely and I don’t begrudge them trying to make money 5 times off the same toon I just know that I along with most players will not be ready for a kotor legendary if it comes before December and probably not even at that point.
  • Haha that's awesome
    KyloRey wrote: »

Absolutely and I don’t begrudge them trying to make money 5 times off the same toon I just know that I along with most players will not be ready for a kotor legendary if it comes before December and probably not even at that point.

Well, I guess you will just have to get it the next time around, like what happened for some people with JTR. Its not the end of the world if that happens.
  • She looks kind of like late Michael Jackson now. I mean I love the King of Pop, but this change is just creepy.
    Guild: Rising Crane (GM)

Join us: English/Japanese. Low-pressure guild
  • Just give all the ns zetas back. I'll probably just put them back on. Still the best p3 or p4 sith raid team around
  • Been awhile since they’ve thrown 5 CW Chewie shards at us
  • FamaOoga wrote: »
    She looks kind of like late Michael Jackson now. I mean I love the King of Pop, but this change is just creepy.

Lol best response
  • Crybabies.
    Everytime anything happens in this game its followed by a big chorus of "waaaaaaa", and "boooohoooo".... even when the kit is a substantial improvement.

"I want a refund, waaaaa, I'm a millennial. Where is my safe space?"
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Been awhile since they’ve thrown 5 CW Chewie shards at us

ikr? i vowed to only collect his shards via CG pity deployments, ive been running behind lately
  • Wasn't there a wookie Jedi in the EU before Disney took over? He or she was pretty bad **** at that.
  • Hahaha Anime Rey and Anime Bastila. One fixed. One still looks like they're pulling off an Attack on Titan.
  • Wish i could tripple like this post!

I honestly think a 5 wookie lineup with clonechewie lead might be really good in t.w.

Who would be the weakest allie? Vet chewie? Dear God, he would be a beast with the protected buff.