Content Update 9/26/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Bad Form:

Solo characters and a pack released, number of refreshes per nod bumped, and no legendary too for Solo. Faked everyone out.

Now KOTOR toons, two of them stacked up in Cantina, 12 node and a 16 node--how can i get both of those rush farmed in any reasonable amount of time? (thanks for finally putting another toon to farm on lightside other than Lobot for me!). I assume a pack, and then maybe a legendary, but maybe not, who knows right? Why should we know? Oh yeah, you want our money.

Zombie rework announced, then dropped THE VERY NEXT DAY. No chance for us to stack up some gear who were running paper zombie, so our HSTR teams are invalid for the next raid due to lack of notice. THANKS

The communication now is really just without structure. I'm glad you guys are trying to engage, trying to telegraph and little bit on some things, but then others, you're just messing with your community.

give us a heads up on which legendaries might be in the works down the line with a little time for us to plan.

You've saturated us with SO MANY things to farm from the marquee spam, we're not really sure what we should or should not be working on currently, nor what we should be gearing, or holding all gear, never gearing, in case you drop another overnight rework on us like today.

This game works because people can make long term plans on things.

BUT, If you hit us with an artillery barrage of characters and then don't also increase the flow of gear/energy so we can keep up a little bit, people fall behind, and end up walking away because the game isn't fun if we guess, and get punished if we guess wrong.

I mean, you're aware that stun guns are literally the bottleneck on like 70% of the characters now, right, then you released g12+ on threw the salvage in there too just for kicks? why?

Interesting game design 101--players have to make interesting choices--game design fail--players are given so many choices, the right answer is nearly impossible to figure out, the player feels overwhelmed with choices and is given insufficient resources to address the challenges and choices they'd like to take.

come on CG, keep a balance here, you're blowing it reaching for our wallets.
  • Ohh come on CG was it necessary to change how Bastila looks? She was so super cute before and now you made her ugly and for no good reason?!?

I'm not being sexist or anything but this is just my honest opinion, she looked great and now she looks cringy and that bothers me alot... Please change it

you kidding, right? She looks just like in KOTOR now. She looks awesome and beautiful like she shoulda have been from the beginning.
  • Wasn't there a wookie Jedi in the EU before Disney took over? He or she was pretty bad **** at that.

Yeah Lowbacca, chewies nephew. He was certifiably BA.
    Wish i could tripple like this post!

I honestly think a 5 wookie lineup with clonechewie lead might be really good in t.w.

Who would be the weakest allie? Vet chewie? Dear God, he would be a beast with the protected buff.

Thank ya sir! And i might have a little nose bleed thinking about that lead with the Vet Chewie getting Brobaccas buff.

Can that be a thing? Can new chewie be brobacca with his buff for han and weakest member?
  • Elrydîa
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Epic Fail plastic surgery... Looks like a tyrannic Grand'ma eating young childrens on diner. (Her face shocked me instantly, & yes, I actually logged in to say this)

Edit : & I'm a KoTOR player, if she "supposedly" didn't look fine enough before... She looks way worse now.
  • ...They most definitely are. I've been refresh farming L3 since release on Cantina and I'm only just now getting to within 20 shards of finishing her. So help me, I'm certain they've "tweaked" the reward rates as well, because I used to hit at least from 10-20 shards a day and the last week and a half or so I've barely managed to get more than 10...
    I'm with Chewie. I keep up with the CG postings. Here, and when I can on Reddit. I don't recall any official statement here about 1/3 drop rate. If it was Reddit, it's more likely it skipped my attention and that's a whole nother can of worms opened because I have very strong feelings about using any site other than this one as official sources of discourse.

So your observed week-and-a-half of observations from one node trumps thousands of tracked and tabulated results from countless nodes in each table? The same thing happens every time someone is farming:

"Vet drops are terrible" threads
    "Nest drop rate is fixed!!!!" threads
    "Bossk farm issue!" threads

I've calculated how long it will take to farm each Cantina character I've done recently. Estimated how many days, and barring any crystal spending on mods etc, I'm normally within 1-2 days of my original estimate. And it's all based off of 1/3 drops. Currently farming the Vets and Han is right on schedule. Even though the first week it seemed I was pulling 4/7, 5/8 every time I refreshed yet this week has been 1/8, 3/8 etc. It all evens out.
  • I would rather have something like a generic Wookie warrior than some named Wookiee I have never heard of.
  • She looked better as Maggie Q
  • Droideka wrote: »
    I would rather have something like a generic Wookie warrior than some named Wookiee I have never heard of.

Cant we have both?
  • I'm going to probably catch some flak here but I just used zombie (g8) for str p2 under ns and to be honest it wasnt as bad as I was expecting. Yes there was a small drop in damage but zombie still died 11 times before enrage and never saw the debuff.
    All she has to do is survive a hit after revive and it negates that death. I don't wanna rub anyone the wrong way but honestly how hard is it to tap g8 on your zombies. Now the skill at g10 may change that, but again all you ahbe to do is pay attention to it.
    And... come at me bro
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    So your observed week-and-a-half of observations from one node trumps thousands of tracked and tabulated results from countless nodes in each table? The same thing happens every time someone is farming:

I've calculated how long it will take to farm each Cantina character I've done recently. Estimated how many days, and barring any crystal spending on mods etc, I'm normally within 1-2 days of my original estimate. And it's all based off of 1/3 drops. Currently farming the Vets and Han is right on schedule. Even though the first week it seemed I was pulling 4/7, 5/8 every time I refreshed yet this week has been 1/8, 3/8 etc. It all evens out.

Good for you; seriously. Golf clap and all the cheers your vanity requires. I'm not concerned with any of those. I'm relaying my experience, which apparently flies in the face of your own. Whoopdedo, that's RNG for ya mate!

And RNG sucks, and yadda yadda yadda. Stop acting as if you don't understand my overarching point. If you're as smart as you think you are because you shared all your estimates and farming, then you're smart enough to grasp what I'm really saying and quit arguing for the sake of it.

You cherry pick the parts of my points I'm making as if they validate your own, when even one of the very same quotes you shared was more about the lack of official CG information than anything else.

Keep up or keep out.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • MathYouC wrote: »
    Is this standard operating procedure? Do NPCs need tags?

cnrge761qmzl.jpeg
    That’s not even the name of the toon they have listed.
  • Good update love it ...tho. zombie sucks now for raid would like my hoda zeta back since its worthless without zombie
  • FamaOoga wrote: »
    She looks kind of like late Michael Jackson now. I mean I love the King of Pop, but this change is just creepy.

Exactly what I said the second it updated. I don't want to use her now. It's f'n creepy.
  • P2? I think the concerns are about P3 & P4 mechanics. Not coming at you, just don’t understand the purpose of the post.
  • Nobody cares about p2.......
  • when i opened the game today, i looked for Nightsister Zombie.
    Then i realised i was looking at Bastilla instead
  • The team function doesn't change for p3 or p4, it operates the same. Its just not as effective for p2 as other teams and isnt a go to
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

Good for you; seriously. Golf clap and all the cheers your vanity requires. I'm not concerned with any of those. I'm relaying my experience, which apparently flies in the face of your own. Whoopdedo, that's RNG for ya mate!

And RNG sucks, and yadda yadda yadda. Stop acting as if you don't understand my overarching point. If you're as smart as you think you are because you shared all your estimates and farming, then you're smart enough to grasp what I'm really saying and quit arguing for the sake of it.

You cherry pick the parts of my points I'm making as if they validate your own, when even one of the very same quotes you shared was more about the lack of official CG information than anything else.

Keep up or keep out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJXbSZK1Pps
  • Ohh come on CG was it necessary to change how Bastila looks? She was so super cute before and now you made her ugly and for no good reason?!?

I'm not being sexist or anything but this is just my honest opinion, she looked great and now she looks cringy and that bothers me alot... Please change it

you kidding, right? She looks just like in KOTOR now. She looks awesome and beautiful like she shoulda have been from the beginning.

Ya.... Graphics have come a long way since kotor...
  • I never used ns anywhere, rather then str. So I never pump up zombie, I was lucky that someone came out with the strategy when my zombie was still really low . If it was not for the paper zombie strategy my ns will still be not used anywhere , and for sure not g12 with 2 zeta on assaj . I’m not complaining that much, i’m Saying that it should be fair give us back the zeta on assaji as well, and then let us decide if we want to put it back there , or somewhere else .
    icanectc wrote: »
    Zellaccio wrote: »
    to be honest i haven't take a deep look to the new zombie rework. I just fought in the HStr now, and my zombie is really paper lvl 69 and gear 2. I don't agree with your decision, but, as per right now it sucks.
    I have spent gears on the others NS, is not just the zeta on daka !
    at this point I want back the Zeta on Assaj too !

Sooo you know cg made changes to make paper zombie not be good. Proceed to use a paper zombie in the newest and most difficult raid. Then make a post to complain how **** it is and want additional resources refunds.

And you yourself acknowledge you haven't read up on the changes.

I can tell you q well geared zombie is essentially two characters in one. Cg basically stuffed all the good stuff of daka zeta and more then gave it to zombie for free "ie no zeta requirement" and gave you back a full zeta.

Why don't you read about the changes get informed about it. Learn it. And if you still want to be critical fine. But right now you just look like you are whining for no reason. Just another person with an uninformed opinion.

I myself am includedin that, i have come on these forums to complain about things because i failed to be informed about it first. I just wanted to complain and turned out to be wrong. It happens.

I don't think the zombie change is horrible and in fact the global ns discord servers and reddit are already sayin it's pretty solid change well thought out even if complicated kit now.

I will criticize cg, now, at least a little bit. There initial reason to nerf zombie was horrible and actually if im not mistaken attempted to indicate that the undergeared zombie wasn't what they had in mind. Then in the actual post conceded that they did in fact attempt to see how under geared tanks would play out in the community.

I think experimenting in production is bad form when changes like this happen regardless of circumstances. But nevertheless here we are.

I do not believe for a single moment people complained to cg about there over geared zombie. Let me take that back i do actually believe that people complained about there bad decision, people complain about everything. What i don't believe is that cg made this change on the backbone of small subset of over geared toons and to come up with a solution. I think it was and i could be wrong. I think it was motivated money. People buying gear to level up their zombies. Nothing more.

I hate to always accuse motivations to always be about money but when cg attempts to conceal the truth about a toon then retracts or doublea back it looks suspicious. They may have really decided that it was failed experiment and needed to double back and money had nothing to do with it. Ill never know, they don't include in their meetings sadly 😂

I'll close by saying cg i think you did a good rework job on zombie to try and solve some problems you saw. I think these changes make MT less useful due to zombie ability to revive. and daka. But maybe that was intentional. Again im fine with these changes personally

• The new artwork is waaaaaay better and closer to the original. Bye bye horse face lady
  • If I wasn't in a 140mill GP guild like I am were we beat the HSTR in 2-3 hours easily and instead was in a guild that was on the brink of beating it and had been counting on p3 NS teams to get it done then I would be super mad. This rework won't affect me or my guild really because yeah NS might perform better in arena now but they still won't be meta or even the second best team so I know I won't be using them there and as far as for the raid it might hurt someone from getting a huge score but we will still complete the raid easily. I completely understand the complaining coming from the ones that won't be able to beat the HSTR now because of this "nerf" and yes CG is calling it a rework but let's be real...its a nerf
  • Man! I didn’t know there were comedians !
    Please Let me know when you’ll have your stand up commedy show !
    Crybabies.
    Everytime anything happens in this game its followed by a big chorus of "waaaaaaa", and "boooohoooo".... even when the kit is a substantial improvement.

"I want a refund, waaaaa, I'm a millennial. Where is my safe space?"

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Just two resources amongst countless topics, I've yet to see anyone come on a different conclusion over large samples and systematic study.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFBHnpi4so8

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5uywkd/cantina_drop_rates_a_75_day_and_counting_study/
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    KyloRey wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Corrog wrote: »
    Immediate takeaway: easily farmable old republic characters. Much appreciated, thanks CG.

For a legendary we’ll be I’ll prepared for.

why? you are getting lots of warning to farm, they have the toons spread out and on multiple hard nodes of different energy sources.

Idk about you but I know I have toons that need to be farmed in all these locations already including bastilla and Jolee. The cantina farm isn’t easy if anything it’s worse because of the slow energy refresh and more expensive crystal refreshes. And no it’s not multiple energies it’s the same energies that the solo toons are on and that other kotor toons are on.

I have to think you are pretty far along on Bastilla and Jolee though, right? If not, then you may need to spend a little money for extra crystal refreshes.

If the KOTOR toon that we get using these toons is Malak or Revan, then it makes sense that they are going to try and monetize the farm to get him.

Absolutely and I don’t begrudge them trying to make money 5 times off the same toon I just know that I along with most players will not be ready for a kotor legendary if it comes before December and probably not even at that point.

Well, I guess you will just have to get it the next time around, like what happened for some people with JTR. Its not the end of the world if that happens.
    Yeah I know it’s no big deal it’s just the reality of the situation.
  • In 30 seconds I found several Reddit posts where people have tracked 3000-4000+ shard attempts and worked out average drop rates of 32-34%. Long-term tracking of various nodes.

All I'm saying is, to sum it up, humans are terrible at seeing statistical averages as we tend to use confirmation bias. "My drop rate is terrible!" Or "I have to panic farm [X] in two weeks!" So they tend to remember runs of 0-3 shards per refresh better than 5-7, or 7+.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-our-brains-do-not-intuitively-grasp-probabilities/

I don't need a developer-certified time-stamped post to look at long term large value trends. That's just real numbers.
  • Its only fair to get a refund , if you return all the rewards you got using the NS , otherwise how is that fair to anyone?
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    In 30 seconds I found several Reddit posts where people have tracked 3000-4000+ shard attempts and worked out average drop rates of 32-34%. Long-term tracking of various nodes.

All I'm saying is, to sum it up, humans are terrible at seeing statistical averages as we tend to use confirmation bias. "My drop rate is terrible!" Or "I have to panic farm [X] in two weeks!" So they tend to remember runs of 0-3 shards per refresh better than 5-7, or 7+.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-our-brains-do-not-intuitively-grasp-probabilities/

I don't need a developer-certified time-stamped post to look at long term large value trends. That's just real numbers.
    No_Try wrote: »
    Just two resources amongst countless topics, I've yet to see anyone come on a different conclusion over large samples and systematic study.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFBHnpi4so8

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5uywkd/cantina_drop_rates_a_75_day_and_counting_study/

Unless you can poke someone at CG to say "Yep, it's 1 in 3 across all nodes" I think you may be wasting your time with trying to get any sense from the other party. Best of luck.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Goodness gracious, ya'll really do see what you want to see. I'm sure you'd say the same about me however, so it evens out in the wash.

Am I disputing the "data" you've shared? Not even close. Show me where I have.

The entirety of my contribution to this thread can be boiled down to four points.

One) L3 shards first week and second week = vast discrepancies and a suspicion of drop rate tweaks.

Two) Hard Node vs Cantina nodes

Three) Official CG commentary on 1/3 shard attempts

Four) Responses related to above, because I made the unwise decision to wade into that particular commentary
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.