Sith Raid Changes [MEGATHREAD]

Replies

• USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Had to restart NS attacks on Nihilus in phase 4, ten times. He is just out of control on what counts as a debuff and when. Lord of Pain counts sometimes and then sometimes not against his cooldown reduction. With Sion up there is no reason any of my characters should be granting Nihilus bonus TM by attacking Sion with a basic attack while debuffed. But it’s happening.

This restructuring needs to happen Now, because soon does not cut it anymore.
  • I am thankful for the changes, though my gratitude will always be held in check due to the months of chaos this raid brought to my old guild. Way too many people bolted this game that didn’t have to. Far too many guilds were left reeling.

7 months ... and as I’ve said previously ... this could have been identified and managed by May. It’s like you all made three separate DMAIC passes.

Anyway, the changes are decent so at least I can give you all that much.
  • When's the fleet raids going to happen lol
  • MrSnooki wrote: »
    When's the fleet raids going to happen lol

I honestly hope they stick to tbs and tw from now on. How a raid tier with 95% more health than it should've had made it to the live game and then how long it took to actually fix just doesn't speak well to their ability to design raid content. At this point they even screwed the bulk of hsith players who get piddly rewards if they aren't top 10, and at release that was the only player group actually happy with the raid.
  • Why does Nihilus now attack 3 times per round?
  • " Expect nothing, you won't be disapointed. Just farm for coins. Traya will be obsolete by the time most bring theirs to 7*. "

Advice given me, I plan to follow it.
  • The other bit of math that's missing from the Gold Orb salvage discussion is the chance of actually getting any of that particular salvage from the prize box. There's 36 items currently in the AAT prize box. If they removed the other 3 salvage gear and left the orbs, that would go down to a 1 in 30 chance (assuming they remove both the salvage pieces and full salvage for each gear removed). The full gear is rarer than pieces, so if you discount all of those that remain (15), then there is now a slightly lower than 1 in 15 chance to get orb salvage, or about 6% (it's 1 in 18 currently). I'm not sure you can count on Raids being a consistent source of orb salvage - certainly not the way challenges are.
    So FWIW I don't really care if they're removed or left in. It's not going to make a difference in orb salvage stockpiles, or adversely affect the chance of getting other gear.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • We beg for challenge gear to be taken out for over a year, nothing.

We start running into a crunch with one of the challenge gear pieces, CG removes challenge gear.

Classy.

IMO I'm fine having eyeballs taken out. I'm 3.1 mil GP, and am down to about 500 after being well over 2000, and buy tons of the components like everyone else, but I'd rather have no challenge gear, than all challenge gear, and that really seems to be what CG is forcing on us. Same with carbs, even tho I can never get enough carbs.
  • G1G4W4TTS wrote: »
    Why does Nihilus now attack 3 times per round?

In Heroic, the raid bosses have a 50% chance to take a third action on each of their turns.
  • Gjarboni
    20 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Well, I’ve been playing for 2.5 years (4.2m GP) and always need the mk5 biotech implant eyeballs:

foey71p1k4es.png

It all comes down to how many characters you want to get to g12. A large # of g11 to g12 upgrades involve an MK6 Stun Gun:

0d02xbqagirn.jpeg

The thing not shown is 50 Mk4 Zactin Bacta gel salvage.

This probably hurts more the more characters you’ve gotten to g12, because that’s where you spend them.
  • Rangkor05060709
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    DEV POST
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We’ve released Mods 2.0 and now the top question on everyone’s mind is, “When and what are the Sith Raid changes?” We will be launching the changes detailed below along with the release that has the legendary Chewbacca in it, but today I want to walk you through how we are improving the Sith Triumvirate Raid to feel less time consuming and more rewarding. The majority of these changes do not impact the Heroic tier as we still want this to be a difficult milestone to work toward, but the path to get there shouldn’t be as arduous. We want players to master the mechanics while building up a solid roster to be able to complete higher tiers of the raid.

As we discussed in our previous post, we are improving the rewards in two ways. First, we’re adding Mod Salvage to high tiers to give Guilds a reason to move up to Tier 6 or Heroic. Second, we’re removing some of the Challenge gear from the rewards that you’re already earning from the Daily Challenges and giving you a better chance to get gear you need to progress to the next tier.

We also want to lessen the feeling of “what on Earth do I do here?” that may make you feel like you need to restart the raid multiple times to get a decent damage score. Part of this feeling is from the learning curve of this complex raid and that, we believe, is natural. This should decrease as you play the raid more and figure out the nuances to the mechanics. The other piece though is some of the denser mechanical difficulty that is driven by Nihilus’ Annihilate and Traya’s lightsabers. Both of these mechanics are hard to predict and often drives people to start over when things don’t go as planned at the lower tiers.

Finally, we have reduced Raid boss health across the board in every tier except Heroic. After playing through the raid with all the changes above, we still felt the time needed to complete the raid was too long, and reducing boss health will speed things along in non-Heroic tiers.

Changes to the Raid:
    Let’s start with our changes to Annihilate in Phases 1 and 4 (All Tiers including Heroic). Nihilus’ basic attack will no longer reduce the cooldowns of Drain Force and Annihilate when they remove a buff. Guessing whether Nihilus was going to attack a buffed ally and then chain into Drain Force was critical to not losing a character early in the fight but it was easy to get caught off guard. Drain Force will still reduce the cooldown of Annihilate but you can predict and counter it with careful use of Unbreakable Will.

The next part of the mechanics changes involve Traya in Phase 3 (Tiers 1-6). We have changed Traya’s lightsabers to no longer dispel or apply debuffs based on the buff they start with. The sabers will still have random buffs, but this adjustment will hopefully decrease the need to restart until they get the right combination of buffs on the lightsabers because of the paired debuffs.

Last up for the mechanic changes, Boss health has been reduced in Tiers 1-6. This will speed up completion rate and result in Guilds being rewarded more often. This also encourages Guilds to attempt higher tiers more frequently. The chart below shows how much health has been reduced to all bosses at that tier.
    4rFKtl6.png
    All of these numbers are still in the final tuning process, but are close to release values.

Changes to Rewards:
    Guilds will be completing the raid faster with the changes above which means more rewards overall. We also wanted to increase the quality of those rewards at the higher tiers of the raid. We could see from the participation data in different tiers that many guilds were skipping tiers 5 and 6 as the increased effort was not worth the small increase in rewards.

To address this gap, rewards for Tier 6 and above now include Mod Salvage and we are removing some of the Challenge gear from the AAT prize box that has been stacking up in your inventory because you’re already earning it in Daily Challenges. This will give you a better chance to get the gear you need to progress to the next tier and make the rewards feel consistently better than before.

Added Mod Salvage Reward to Tiers 6 and Heroic (5-12 Salvage in Tier 6 and 7-14 Salvage in Heroic of one of the following)
    • MK1 Bonding Pin
    • MK1 Fusion Disk
    • MK1 Power Flow Control Chip
    • MK1 Fusion Coil

Removed gear from AAT Reward Box
    • Mk 8 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage
    • Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage
    • Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Salvage
    • Mk 9 Fabritech Data Pad Salvage
    Please note this will impact Tier 6/Heroic AAT and Tier 5/6/Heroic STR
    Please also note that we are still doing some final tuning and this may result in a few more minor changes not listed above. We will detail all final changes in the patch notes when this releases.

We look forward to hearing your feedback and discussion on these changes.

DEV POST

@CG_SBCrumb how about changing the rewards from a rank structure to a dmg tier structure? This top 3 non sense sucks! It doesn't create good cohesiveness within a guild. Change it to 3-5 mil damage, 5-9 mil and 10+ mil and then people who only post a 0 get a bare minimum. Also, this "chance" of a fully crafted GXII+ is absurd. 6 raids without a crafted piece and then also 6 raids getting the bare minimum salavage pieces posting in the #1 or #2 spot is ridiculous just like everything about this raid has been. There's nothing more discouraging than spending my time and performing countless restarts to get my best scores for a top spot and the slapped in the face with garbage.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    And many once farmable gear pieces are now raid only or MAYBE drop in the shops. They have hit critical mass , with so many types of currency, and pieces. SWTOR finally got rid of about 90% of their varied currencies (last time I was in anyways) so maybe if we live long enough SWGOH with have one token type and put all gear in a shop and let us earn tokens and spend them as we choose. Which makes perfect sense so it has almost no chance of ever happening. Gaming isn't rocket science but devs do seem to thrive on making it as complex as possible.
  • Some feedback on the upcoming changes that goes back to suggestions made long ago:

- Do NOT reduce Sion's health in Phase 2 the same amount as the others. Phase 2 is the easiest phase and most enjoyable and was already TOO SHORT! Really the health reduction seems too high across the board, but that is less of an issue than making Phase 2 easier than it already is. Many miss out on Phase 2 because it ends too fast, this makes it unfair for them because the ones who DO get to attack in it have the highest scores because you can do massive damage in it compared to other phases. Thus, whoever is lucky enough to attack in Phase 2 usually gets the best score in the raid, this is how important this is. So for example, in Tier 4 if you are reducing the boss health by 75% (seems extreme really should likely be more like 50) than Sion's health should only be reduced by maybe 25%.

- Drain Force reducing Annihilate is still a BIG problem, because it works on who is debuffed, which is RANDOM, so leaving this aspect means there will still be frustrating restarts. It is impossible to predict who will get a debuff at the last minute before he does Drain Force, so you will still not know if you should use precious and limited "Unbreakable Will" you manage to have. Thus, Annihilate would be much better off just reducing X amount each of his turns, whether that is 2, 3, 4 whatever, then it can be properly planned for.

- Last bigger issue not addressed is the very LOW amount of regular credits (main currency) awarded compared to Tank and Pit Raids, shortening the raid will help make this be a more suitable amount, but bumping it up a little would go a long way to making the rewards more desirable.

- One small suggestion I have mentioned many times before is to put a little more disparity between the reward tiers. Right now, there is BARELY any incentive (Tiers 1 - 6) for someone to fight from reward tier 21-30 to tier 8 for example, the increase in rewards is so small it is not worth putting in the time to do it. This is NOT a problem in Tank or Pit Raids, where there IS a little more disparity, but it is a BIG issue here, and just another reason this raid was taking too long because of the lack of incentive to fight upwards in the reward tiers.

Thank you for listening to us all this far and helping to make the game better

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
  • anonidude wrote: »
    Gold eyeballs are essential. CG you need to understand your own game.

There are links to swgoh.gg above specifically for the gold eyeball item that clearly demonstrate its usage. If you dont already have this information then go check it out. As soon as you get to the point of getting your roster to g12 you start to run short of these.

Consider adding increased drop rates of this item as well as the other suspects like carbanti cuffs and guns.

Make the game fun rather than the other 'F' word.

Your call

im pretty sure they do have the info, and that probably 90% (or some other high number) of the player base isn't running out of those gold eyeballs. not everyone spends crystals to get the component or whatever its called from the store every time it shows up.
    i mean if you don't have a way to really farm the component well because your crystals are being used for other important things you aren't going to run out of the eyeballs. so they are probably thinking of the majority of the player base that doesn't need the salvage, and need other more important gear
  • Some feedback on the upcoming changes that goes back to suggestions made long ago:

- Do NOT reduce Sion's health in Phase 2 the same amount as the others. Phase 2 is the easiest phase and most enjoyable and was already TOO SHORT! Really the health reduction seems too high across the board, but that is less of an issue than making Phase 2 easier than it already is. Many miss out on Phase 2 because it ends too fast, this makes it unfair for them because the ones who DO get to attack in it have the highest scores because you can do massive damage in it compared to other phases. Thus, whoever is lucky enough to attack in Phase 2 usually gets the best score in the raid, this is how important this is. So for example, in Tier 4 if you are reducing the boss health by 75% (seems extreme really should likely be more like 50) than Sion's health should only be reduced by maybe 25%.

- [&]

- Last bigger issue not addressed is the very LOW amount of regular credits (main currency) awarded compared to Tank and Pit Raids, shortening the raid will help make this be a more suitable amount, but bumping it up a little would go a long way to making the rewards more desirable.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

I'm in a guild running STR tier iv, although the updates may help us move up. Even though we have an expectation of 100% participation through all phases, phase 2 is where guildees start showing up as their work schedules magically align. It is the portion where the most damage can be done, and it actually feels like I'm doing something. It's the most fun. I too agree that it should be minimally affected. I'm also not sure why the developers created such a disparity among each stage, but I am happy fixes are being made. The STR below heroic is simply a chore for me currently; there is little correlation to the gear I receive at #8 or #21 (#20-30 if I miss phase 2) and the gear I need (although sometimes, sometimes, I get what I'm asking for, and that and mildly benefiting my guild keeps me participating in this chore), and there is no credit benefit for 3-4 days of raid work. Gimme money, CG: I agree, JJB.
  • Some people seem to misunderstand the intentions here. Creating a gear shortage for free to play players is only useful in so far that it can make them spend a bit. Creating gear shortages for whales just makes them pay more, so in many ways this is quite brilliant.
  • My guild is kind of confused on the matter of: is this raid update out yet? Or did we just slaughter P4 unexpectedly fast?
  • IgneoMorte wrote: »
    My guild is kind of confused on the matter of: is this raid update out yet? Or did we just slaughter P4 unexpectedly fast?

It will drop along with chewie content.

• No_Try wrote: »
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    My guild is kind of confused on the matter of: is this raid update out yet? Or did we just slaughter P4 unexpectedly fast?

Which is good means we have 2 more months to farm BH’s
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

How so?
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

How so?

He's being sarcastic - insinuating it'll still be months before the Devs get the Sith Raid changes ready. :P
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    anonidude wrote: »
    Gold eyeballs are essential. CG you need to understand your own game.

There are links to swgoh.gg above specifically for the gold eyeball item that clearly demonstrate its usage. If you dont already have this information then go check it out. As soon as you get to the point of getting your roster to g12 you start to run short of these.

Consider adding increased drop rates of this item as well as the other suspects like carbanti cuffs and guns.

Make the game fun rather than the other 'F' word.

Your call

im pretty sure they do have the info, and that probably 90% (or some other high number) of the player base isn't running out of those gold eyeballs. not everyone spends crystals to get the component or whatever its called from the store every time it shows up.
    i mean if you don't have a way to really farm the component well because your crystals are being used for other important things you aren't going to run out of the eyeballs. so they are probably thinking of the majority of the player base that doesn't need the salvage, and need other more important gear

That's cool man I see what you are saying.

So a bit of background - been playing since january 2016 and essentially have all the end game content down pat. I have 30 gold toons already and am now looking to up the rest of my roster. Because my guild has been together since the beginning and have all been playing for roughly as long as I have we are all in the aame boat both the whales and the FTP like me.......

So as I said thats cool I see what you be saying and I remember fondly the days where I had a cool 600+ carbanti hanging around with nothing to do......then general Kenobi dropped in said hello there and made off with the lot.

You specifically may not be at the same point as I am in the game and maybe you arent experiencing what i am right now....however long long long life experience tells me clearly that you will get there....sooner or later.

At some point in the future the majority of active players will be facing the great gold eyeball shortage. So in that future when all you are farming is the 50 item piece and waiting on challenges to refill the other half you might reflect on how frustrating that is as a player and agitate for some change now.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    G1G4W4TTS wrote: »
    Why does Nihilus now attack 3 times per round?

In Heroic, the raid bosses have a 50% chance to take a third action on each of their turns.

Makes sense Thank you
  • With the lowering of health of bosses all percentage damagers are making significantly less damage in the run :(((
    Making JTR, DoT, detonator and DT teams nerfed...

CG, will you also raise the percentage dmg in the Sith raids? Many players made efforts to gather the rigth toons for the STR...
  • AZgo wrote: »
    With the lowering of health of bosses all percentage damagers are making significantly less damage in the run :(((

CG, will you also raise the percentage dmg in the Sith raids? Many players made efforts to gather the rigth toons for the STR...

That's not how it works.

If now you are doing 10M dam and the total health pool is 100M you are doing 10%
    After the rework, you do 10M damage and the total health pool is 50M you are now doing 20%

• Nitrogen wrote: »
    AZgo wrote: »
    With the lowering of health of bosses all percentage damagers are making significantly less damage in the run :(((

That's not how it works.

If now you are doing 10M dam and the total health pool is 100M you are doing 10%
    After the rework, you do 10M damage and the total health pool is 50M you are now doing 20%

Actually that’s exactly how it works. With the debuffs he’s talking about dots and expose and detonators all do a percent of health damage so if the health pool is lower the damage output decreases accordingly.
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    So base attacks will do more damage such as the ns fo and it while all the teams reliant on debuffs Even further in this raid but it should still go quicker given the reduced health pool
  • People saying they have enough eyeballs don’t really know how much of those are required.
    At this moment I have enough to build one,but need 152 for my toons. Considering it’s 60 per item I am like 9000 (nine thousand) short.
    I was buying prototype with cristals, but had to stop cause I ran out of salvage.
    y1zgyv5leh73.jpeg
    m0vqkwnd7mx6.jpeg
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    AZgo wrote: »

That's not how it works.

Actually that’s exactly how it works. With the debuffs he’s talking about dots and expose and detonators all do a percent of health damage so if the health pool is lower the damage output decreases accordingly.

Oh wow, I didn't think of that. My bad