Prev13456730
Shadowscream
968 posts Member
edited September 2018
Squad =
Boba, Greedo, Zam, IG88 and Cad Bane
All 7*, G10, 200+ speed
So...nothing exceptional but not even able to dent the 5* unlock
I don’t even think it’s worth trying switching in Arena mods!

I’m 3/4 through Dengar...I’m guessing I need him and Bossk for next time!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I’m going to try to initially unlock 5* Chewbacca with the following team:
    Bossk (lead) 5* g9 speed 218
    Boba Fett 7* g9 speed 212
    Cad Bane 7* g9 speed 184
    IG-88 6* g9 speed 196
    Dengar 6* g8 speed 177

What team will you be using?
  • I'm gonna try g4 zam solo.
    How about waiting a few hours when we actually have something to talk about? Oy
  • Boba g12 or dengar g11 lead depending on whether I need to crush with fast offense or endure an onslaught.

88 g11
    Greedo g11
    Cad g9 (maybe g10)

Boba is about 250 speed with the rest between 180-200

If needed I might be able to swap better speed secondary mods on. All are 7* so I'm gunning for 7*
  • I’m using the same team as the OP. All 7* g12. We’ll see what happens in four hours.

My Greedo and Zam are both g9 and I don’t want to panic gear them when I have five bounty hunters ready at g12. I hope that detonators aren’t the key to earning 7* Chewie.
  • Come on guys, just chill... legendary events have mythic tier, so if they want to introduce the mythic in the future this event will be only a little harder than the other legendaries. G8/9 with a good boba (i have boba g12) and very good mods and it will be easy.
  • I'll be using G12 Boba, 88, G11 Dengar, Greedo, G10 Zam, all 7*

I've heard myriads of rumors that these newer legendaries will require g11 or g12 characters for 7*.

Then there's the people who are saying: Are they really going to give us this crazy good new character while only needing the old bounty hunters? Why did they need to wait so long to put him out if we only needed the old bounty hunters?

This is also something to think about.

Oh well, only one way to find out. Here's hoping I'm ready! Will post back shortly.

• Woodroward wrote: »
    I'll be using G12 Boba, 88, G11 Dengar, Greedo, G10 Zam, all 7*

I've heard myriads of rumors that these newer legendaries will require g11 or g12 characters for 7*.

Then there's the people who are saying: Are they really going to give us this crazy good new character while only needing the old bounty hunters? Why did they need to wait so long to put him out if we only needed the old bounty hunters?

This is also something to think about.

Oh well, only one way to find out. Here's hoping I'm ready! Will post back shortly.

11 - 5*, 11.5 - 6* , 12 - 7* / reccomended
  • Seriously going to speak to Disney legal and licensing about this insane cash grab with all the screen shots of every level. GS11 zeta to 5* Chewie. Hahahahaha
  • Scorchy
    69 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Like seriously g11 original bounty hunters and han solo can 1 shot pretty much anyone. Using arena mods and they have 250+ speed and the entire enemy team goes first and wipes out at least 1 character. Like what's even the point of having contracts in when you can't use them?
  • I managed to beat tier 5 after switching to my best mods. So try.

But tier 6 and 7 are impossible. Maybe for next year !
  • Currently have 7-Star bounty hunters with Gear 9 and can’t get Chewbacca because they decided you need Gear 11...

At 5-Star....

Anyone else see what’s wrong with this picture?

Big walking carpet of a letdown.

And my name’s Silverback.

And there are Wookiee Silverbacks.

It’s just sad.

Here’s what would’ve worked better.

Tier IV - 5-Star - Gear 9
    Tier V - 6-Star - Gear 10
    Tier VI - 7-Star - Gear 11

You’re welcome.
  • so its yeah, use 5 bounty hunters, but make sure its the ones that are impossible to get as ftp
  • Scorchy
    69 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    At 7* they say reccomended g12+ haha.... Han solo shoots twice for 25-28k crits and counters every hit for that much and he has like 350 speed and shoots first. I have frickin g11 with 250+ speed arena mods! oh and they have so much tenacity you wont land any debuffs or stuns or anything. I bet if you even had django it wouldnt matter cus they would get wiped out. You literally need g12+ for this
  • JediMasterGibs
    421 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Yeah plot twist, my g11s can’t clear T6. You need bossk at g12, end of story. That may as well be the recommendation. Excellent work CG
  • I‘ve beaten Tier 6 With Bossk (L) 6* g11, Boba 7* g12, Greedo 7* g11, IG-88 7* g10 and Dengar 7* g11. Mods give eqch around 80-100 speed. Wasn‘t easy and without Bossk, I didn‘t even remotely stand a chance in Tier 7. A bit disappointing, I was so sure it would be enough for 7* but oh well, better luck next time (definitely not this time around
  • I would’ve been one of the only people on my shard with Chewbacca having taken a chance with bounty hunter mains. That would’ve made me feel special and happy. Now my potential mighty roar has been reduced to a whimper of sullen sadness.
  • Just a ridiculous event. Gear 11 Boba, Greedo, IG-88, Dengar, and Cad Bane. And I think I got one shot in on the 6* level.

Absolutely terrible game design. Embarrassing EA.
  • well so far my team was good enough to unlock him, but i'm getting demolished on the 6th tier.
  • I got 5 star chewy with g11 boba and bossk and g8 everyone else on first try
  • Definitely RIP. The worst thing is, it's all of that pre-loaded TM baloney again. Doesn't matter if your team as arena mods or 240+ speed, the other team takes a whole 4-5 turn before you even get to go.
  • I won the tier 6 with boba lead (7* g12z) zam 6* g8 dengar 6* g8 cad 7*g10 greedo 7*g8... i won it at the second try... all thanks to boba... use execute on chewie at the first round... i will try the 7 stars i think tomorrow, when i will finish deng and zam
  • a321f9xenan2.png

5uiv4xsq0dx7.png

Unlocked on auto, boba lead. Boba had a smidge of hp left in the end. For me the unlock is mission done. T6 is just too much with that crazy preloaded turn meters. This is the the moment I get control of my units there, no amount of arena modding will get over the preloaded turn meters:

q5eaqghc40k3.png

• Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    First 5 Bhs. Btw, pictures are easier to understand.
    D7hgB3N.png
  • What’s the “best” possible squad using Boba, IG88, Greedo, Dengar, Zam, Cad Bane? Boba lead with stacked speed & Potency? Who would you leave out?
  • I'm thinking of using a team of Google Play and Uninstall. Seriously ticked at the lower level requirements. Huge jump from the 2nd tier to the 3rd tier, and another huge jump to the 4th tier.... Can't even beat that with 5* G8's (36K overall power).

I was really upset at the Sith Fighter Marquee, which could have been an oversight as subsequent ship marquees were tuned to be more doable for lower tiered fleets like the Lando Falcon. This seems to be even worse because it's not even close to level/gear appropriate for a faction required character.
  • Dhuriya24
    77 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Im running Boba Fett lead with Greedo, IG88,Dengar,Cad. Everyone is G12 while Cad is g10. I have pretty good mods and I'm getting mauled before I get a turn. I beat T5 after 10 tries and I cant take out a single char in T6. I honestly dont see how anyone could whale themselves out of this.
  • Ur disgusting, even with all zetas, level VI is unfeasible, so I can't even imagine level VII !!!!!!!!!!!! Developers sucks !
  • This is just silly. Unreal. They really gave the finger to everybody that just spent money and panic farmed BHs. Wow
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • I'm genuinely a bit sad to be honest, I had hoped that this would be a decent event for CG to demonstrate they are back on board with the community, and more importantly, to give the community a reason to be behind them.

I am not about flaming or raging at every step and generally just browse the forum but I have defended this event "only needing bounty hunters" in Guild chat as being a genuine effort by CG to show willing. Turns out it seems to be quite a sly move and now I'm considering where we all stand. Gear 11 to unlock at 5*? Is that where we are at now? Look, I appreciate that you are trying to make us progress CG, but give us a bloody fighting chance. Alongside farming for HSTR and cargo ships and smugglers run events, as well as progressing for TB and TW and all the rest, most of the bounty hunters in game require so much log jammed gear that getting them to gear 10 is an achievement for most, never mind beyond. I even cynically opened the store and was surprised not to see a "Gear Pack" for sale for this event.

I am not saying that I wanted this event to be a walk over or to be simple. I genuinely wouldn't be mad about a Gear 12 recommendation for 7*, but come the hell on, your two flagship characters (Jedi Rey and Commander Luke) dont require anything like this level of investment.
  • I understand the event needs to be tough but this event is ridiculous! Tougher then previous legendary events, sure. But this is overkill. Have a buddy with a gear 12 team and full zeta with bossk as the only new BH and he can’t beat it