Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• First try 7* with G12 zossk, feel it's too easy so decide to not finishing it, try with other FTP hunters.
    Needs some luck but still doable.
  • CG: "We have to destroy this strategy, it's against the spirit of the game."
    Also CG: "Let's make a legendary, except with mythic requirements, lol."
  • No imagine what the Tier 3 of the Mythic event will require...

They will release g13 for that
  • Scorchy
    69 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The only team I've heard of beating it has been a zbossk g12, zboba g12, greedo g11, cad bane g10, dengar g10. They said they had purely good rng. Get a run where chewie gets all the buffs then execute him and the rest of the fight is easy. Bossk needs to soak up all the damage and boba needs to get kills to survive. Super fast mods on bossk
  • I only use gear12 and gear 11 BHs... 3 of them dead at first turn unless I use Dengar lead...

Then they are dead right after
  • You know an event is bad when the AI has to come in with full TM and take 20 turns before you can even react, regardless of your own speed! Seriously devs, this is becoming very frustrating, this is basically the laziest way to make something challenging, just give the AI 20 turns before you can do anything, leave things up to RNG because during those turns they won't alway focus the tanks so you must restart for no reason because you lost your squishies... It's getting old...

• Bossk (G11)(Zeta)
    Cad (G11)
    IG88 (G11)
    Boba (G11)
    Greedo (G11)

Most I got was 6*
    But gesh, a zeta lead and near G12????
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    That’s not how legendaries have worked in the past. People would be able to unlock at 5* no problem. The challenge came in the 7* fights. That’s where the difficulty should be. Requiring multiple zetas, G12+, god mods and the new BH isn’t the right way. But call me old school i guess.

No, some people could unlock at 5* no problem in the past. Many couldn't. Same as this time. I can't get him this time, as even with a 2.8m gp I've only focused on the original bounty hunters, and only recently. I'm not surprised that this event requires characters who have been in the game years to be g11 & zetas as where would the challenge be if anyone who had been playing the game for a year or so would effectively get him by default.

Except the reason for not unlocking was due to star level of toons, not their gear levels. When thrawn first came out I missed on him because I didn’t have Phoenix starred up in enough time. They were all G8 when i finally got them ready. I beat it no problem. 7*? I needed to fight my way to good RNG for that using g8 Zeb and Kanan, G9 Hera and Sabine and G10 Ezra. That was fine. It was the last tier. But to just unlock thrawn? Nope.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Burritto wrote: »
    Which cinematic did you like? The one where they walked up to a door? Or the one where they walked up to a door?

“Oh, hi, Mark!”
    *Mark is ambushed but then takes 15 straight turns*

I mean I thought the Falcon landing, and jokes were fun. I’m always the first to criticize the devs when they screw up (see the paper zombie “fix” thread), but I’ll give them credit where its due.
  • I invested in Dengar leader ability for tier VII, slighly better, 4 survived the first turn, but still no chances
  • I want Bespin Han. He looks great. And I want a Bespin gown Leia.

And I want a skip ahead button so I don't have to sit through an intro that is 10x longer than the slaughter.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Did 7* tier on the 2nd try. Bossk is indeed g12+3.
    zzBossk (L), Cad, zGreedo, Dengar, zBoba. All G12 (+3/+1), 3 of them with arena mods, 2 of them with ok mods.

Edit: not much rng as others said. Just used dengar AOE for recover and with stealth is safe.
    Bossk soak up the damage.

So, Thrawn, requires no Zeta's ect. G8 barely, and all that.

This requires FOUR Zeta's, G12 and over and super mods and a recent P2W character and its what, low on RNG? :p

No 5 star legendary should require significantly higher gear than a 7 star legendary.

Exactly, what's up with the recommendations being G9+ just to unlock him. Unlocking him should be the easy fight, Seven starring is what's supposed to be the hard fight that requires the extra gear and mods.. and maybe one zeta. Zeta's should not be required to unlock a character.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    ctyc123 wrote: »
    Events shouldn't bother putting gear requirements. The player base now knows what gear level is needed...

Gear 13

You forgetting that the mythic level tier has not come out yet, which will require G20
  • You need full pay characters.
  • Debuff wrote: »
    i got 7* thrawn with a 60k phoenix squad... it was very difficult

i lost about 15 times on tier V with a 81k bounty hunters with some of the best mods i have. half of my attempts i lost a character before i got a turn. oh all my gear lvls are between g10-g11

i see guys posting about having g12 toons with zetas still cant beat the event.

requirements for the event should not be a PERFECT bounty hunter squad. tone down difficultly guys

Gear 12 wasn't a thing when thrawn came out.
    We should all understand by now how CG does nothing to limit powercreep.
    They choose to make money now instead of having the game last for years down the road. It is standard in today's gaming landscape.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    That’s not how legendaries have worked in the past. People would be able to unlock at 5* no problem. The challenge came in the 7* fights. That’s where the difficulty should be. Requiring multiple zetas, G12+, god mods and the new BH isn’t the right way. But call me old school i guess.

No, some people could unlock at 5* no problem in the past. Many couldn't. Same as this time. I can't get him this time, as even with a 2.8m gp I've only focused on the original bounty hunters, and only recently. I'm not surprised that this event requires characters who have been in the game years to be g11 & zetas as where would the challenge be if anyone who had been playing the game for a year or so would effectively get him by default.

Except the reason for not unlocking was due to star level of toons, not their gear levels. When thrawn first came out I missed on him because I didn’t have Phoenix starred up in enough time. They were all G8 when i finally got them ready. I beat it no problem. 7*? I needed to fight my way to good RNG for that using g8 Zeb and Kanan, G9 Hera and Sabine and G10 Ezra. That was fine. It was the last tier. But to just unlock thrawn? Nope.

You're missing my point - 1) the phoenix squad had been out for a relatively short period of time prior to the Thrawn event, which meant 2) the gateway was star levels as much as it was gear, unlike the BH most of us have had as 7* for ages, meaning 3) the only reasonable gateway was going to be gear level.
  • This is ridiculous!!
    I have Bossk fully maxed (yes, even with both 12+ gear), I have bobba at 12 gear, Ig88 of 12 gear , Greedo 11 and dengar 11. I really thought that would be enough for Chewie, but again CG price I am so wrong...
    I am so fed up already. Can they do anything right?
  • The event in terrible and impossible.
    I at least expected to unlock him!? (Boba g12, Ig88 g11, Greedo, Zam, and Cad Bane g9)

Retry it. Kill Lando first. Then Han then Chewie then Leia and R2 last. There’s no reason with your line up not to 5* at least. I used everyone you have except Zam. I used Dengar.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »

If you’ve been playing the game for a year, you get all of the other legendary characters “by default”. And it isn’t default, you still have to farm the shards and gears. That’s a year of dedication and daily playing invested in the game. This is just being **** for atupid’s sake. It’s a betrayal of the expectation for legendary characters and an insult to the regular players of this game. It’s another example of letting the rich get richer and punishing the masses. The people that already beat heroic sith raid and max out arena metas witll get the new “best” character. Everyone else continues to get dumped on.

I didn't get Thrawn by default. Or CLS. I made different choices so that part of my roster wasn't up to scratch at the time both first came up. Yours were I'm guessing, so you've assumed you'd be fine this time round.
    I didn’t get CLS on the first try, but that’s only because I didn’t have Old Ben (a character that had been around but I didn’t farm). That’s the point. The limiting element has always been the characters - not maxed out gear/mods. If you spent the time to get the characters to 7* and get them to a playable gear level, you got the legendary character. That’s how the game has always played.

Until now. And that stinks.

You're ignoring the fact as it was always a 'panic farm' to get the needed character on it's initial release. You seem like a never player so that may not have been your reality.

Everyone already had BHs, so this event was gear as the limiting item that needed to be panic farmed. Of course, Bossk too and I've noticed many have ignored him. Why? I have no idea.
    I’ve been playing since a couple months after launch. I predate the existence of guilds. I have seen my share of legendary character launches. I know how they work.

Better than CG apparently.

Then I'm more confused as you should have a deep enough roster to focus on BHs and their gear. I mean they are a great TW and required TB team.

You are clearly missing the point that BH-s before the rework ware not worth gearing up, cos' they ware junk (except Boba Fett), and everybody knows that the Thrawn legendary event was doable to unlock him at 5*, with no headache. I could get a 7* Thrawn with only G8 phoenix team. It was not easy but for the 30 try i did get him with good RNG. This legendary event is just pure trash, a slap to the face to all F2P players, and a cash grab from CG as usual.
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    First try 7* with G12 zossk, feel it's too easy so decide to not finishing it, try with other FTP hunters.
    Needs some luck but still doable.

What was the rest of your team?

Bossk (L), boba, cad, greedo, dengar. (abandoned when I have boba cad dengar against single R2)
    Then i go with Boba (L), cad, greedo, dengar, IG88.
    All G12, fastest is greedo +68 speed.
  • ffpbt2rrmvkr.jpg
  • DonnieAndFrank
    332 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Gorem wrote: »
    Did 7* tier on the 2nd try. Bossk is indeed g12+3.
    zzBossk (L), Cad, zGreedo, Dengar, zBoba. All G12 (+3/+1), 3 of them with arena mods, 2 of them with ok mods.

Edit: not much rng as others said. Just used dengar AOE for recover and with stealth is safe.
    Bossk soak up the damage.

So, Thrawn, requires no Zeta's ect. G8 barely, and all that.

This requires FOUR Zeta's, G12 and over and super mods and a recent P2W character and its what, low on RNG? :p

I do understand your point, but i said it is not too rng based because the devs said the event would be very difficult.
    And then few threads popped about it, so people in general thought this would happen but didn't want to believe and some of them now are complaining...

And yes, Bossk helps a lot i think, i also told in another thread about what probably would be needed that i was thinking Bossk would be a must.

Edit: About bossk, when he became f2p i started to refresh his tier, and finished 7* the week the hints of chewbacca started i think.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
    I see a ton of ppl are now unlocking him...event is fine. I know there will be a lot of 7* Chewys in my arena soon enough. Peace.

Whalebacca flooding the arena. What a lovely prospect...
  • Lando seems to fall prey to Execute fairly easily if you even get that far.
  • Focus fire rather than aoe if the aoe is gonna make chewie and Han counterattack