Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• BucMan55 wrote: »
    I can't speak for others, but for me there is a huge difference in unlocking a character, and getting them 7 stars. I am under no illusion that my little gear 8 bounty hunters should be able to get me a 7 star chewie(even though none are higher than 5 stars but even if they were.) There seems to me that there was a tier that was skipped in this event. T1 seems normal as does T2. Tier 3 difficulty appears to be where tier 4 should be, and 4 where T5 should be. This would make T7 where a mythic should be. The event is already tough due to who they are using in the battle, and giving them all a turn or two before you can do anything.

There indeed is a world of difference between 6* and 7*. God mods are gated behind G12, which is gated behind 7*, so a 5* Chewie will be useless compared to a 7* one.
  • As usual the recommendation's are far more than necessary. I beat tier 6 with no bossk and only two characters g11+. Execute Chewbacca when he's got 3+ buffs and the match is over. I was satisfied with the difficulty and got exactly what I wanted, a 6* smuggler toon. Tier 7 Is rough though.... Only my boba Fett takes a turn after already being killed once. You will need bossk
  • LE_DUC wrote: »
    We didn't have any new legendary event since BB-8 which was one year ago (HJ doesn't count) and now that we finally have one, it's lame. Usually you can clear a legendary event (tier 7) with G8 toons, arena mods and good strategy. But this Chewie event is a cash grab/p2w/whale fiesta. Impossible to clear at tier 6 without new BH, or a zBossk G12 (which is still half F2P imo) because the gear requirements are **** and OG BH are too weak without Bossk (can't even trigger the contract, you get OS by Han( who can't be stunned and counters :D)). This is scandalous and you CG have to balance this horrible event with a hotfix asap.

Gear 6 is possible i did it with this team with dengar g8 (i geared him after)... actually the key is dengar who prevent r2 invisibilitycmohclzynyrd.png

I did Tier 6 with this team, but still i won't be able to complete Tier7, which is a shame imo.
    vctiucr0fl4f.png
  • It's a much harder event. Loving it. Nice to have another challenge in the game.

Also if Chewie is needed for the next hero's journey - hell yeah he should be hard to get.

And what kind of gear and mods would be needed for that future event if G12+ and 6 dots mods are needed for Chewie?
  • It's a much harder event. Loving it. Nice to have another challenge in the game.

Also if Chewie is needed for the next hero's journey - hell yeah he should be hard to get.

Oh please, arena is bad enough for ftp/light spenders already, we don't need WhaLuke gated behind Whalebacca...
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    The funny thing is, at the end of the week there will be people bragging on how they skated by with undergeared characters

Let's see how many can say they did it with nobody over gear 8 and no zetas. A true 5 star squad. Not a 7 star zFett G12 and the rest G6-9
  • We were warned it would be difficult, we've seen what this means in mythic battles. Lack of prep or position in the game is no developers fault.
  • @Affy We are doing hero TST raid and for me 6* character is nothing.

I knew this event will be harder than previous but I prepared my BH better than for e.g. thrawn event...
  • Friendly tip
    Bossk lead zeta
    Dengar
    Plus 3 other bh should do it
  • We were warned it would be difficult, we've seen what this means in mythic battles. Lack of prep or position in the game is no developers fault.

You are saying it yourself: this is mythic level of difficulty. Not expecting it on a legendary is perfectly reasonable.
  • Impossible to get this with an all 7* (F2P) team (Boba lead, Bane, IG, Greedo and Zam). I feel ripped off because of this hidden pay wall!. Bad move, EA!
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    The funny thing is, at the end of the week there will be people bragging on how they skated by with undergeared characters

Let's see how many can say they did it with nobody over gear 8 and no zetas. A true 5 star squad. Not a 7 star zFett G12 and the rest G6-9

Says who? You? Pretty sure the game is allowed to evolve without your permission.

My point is, someone unlocking the char with a few "undergeared BH" is meaningless if they have a couple key ones that are much higher gear level/or with zetas.
  • I guess the key to 7* will be Jango and the bounty hunter resolve buff. BH will die by design and BH resolve will mitigate that. You want Chewie? Farm Jango.
  • Now tell us the price tag...
  • Nauros wrote: »
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    I can't speak for others, but for me there is a huge difference in unlocking a character, and getting them 7 stars. I am under no illusion that my little gear 8 bounty hunters should be able to get me a 7 star chewie(even though none are higher than 5 stars but even if they were.) There seems to me that there was a tier that was skipped in this event. T1 seems normal as does T2. Tier 3 difficulty appears to be where tier 4 should be, and 4 where T5 should be. This would make T7 where a mythic should be. The event is already tough due to who they are using in the battle, and giving them all a turn or two before you can do anything.

There indeed is a world of difference between 6* and 7*. God mods are gated behind G12, which is gated behind 7*, so a 5* Chewie will be useless compared to a 7* one.

I got my 7* chewie with trash mods, G12 BH.
    Fastest is greedo +68 speed, and most of my mods are blue.
  • As usual the recommendation's are far more than necessary. I beat tier 6 with no bossk and only two characters g11+. Execute Chewbacca when he's got 3+ buffs and the match is over. I was satisfied with the difficulty and got exactly what I wanted, a 6* smuggler toon. Tier 7 Is rough though.... Only my boba Fett takes a turn after already being killed once. You will need bossk

Bossk ain’t enough, tier 7 is atrocious
  • puszkaluk
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The goblet of bitterness has been overflowed... I don't have joy from the game anymore because of that legendary :disappointed:

See you guys in other games!
  • Just a ridiculous event. Gear 11 Boba, Greedo, IG-88, Dengar, and Cad Bane. And I think I got one shot in on the 6* level.

Absolutely terrible game design. Embarrassing EA.

Your strategy is just terrible then, I beat this tier with the same team as you, crap mods and gear averaging 9-10. Don't blame the devs for your lack of know how
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    I guess the key to 7* will be Jango and the bounty hunter resolve buff. BH will die by design and BH resolve will mitigate that. You want Chewie? Farm Jango.

Highly doubtful it, the trick to this event is bossk, getting almost any contract off takes too much time between han/chewie firepower
  • Honestly, I could have used Palpatine saying the title of this thread in my ear when attempting tier 6. I was getting so angry that I was tempted to hit something. I (foolishly) thought my g12 Boba, g11 Zossk/IG-88, and g10 Greedo/Dengar would work for the event so I wasn't worrying too much on the last two...

Now, whenever I get Bossk to 7* and hopefully Greedo/Dengar up a gear level, I will be playing that on repeat in my head to keep my blood pressure down. xD
  • Guys, its better to not feed the trolls like Austin, there's no need to reply or read what he says, is what I want to say, but I know the mods will come in here and be like "Woot woot how dare you say something against the one troll trolling everyone tonight" xD
    Honestly, I could have used Palpatine saying the title of this thread in my ear when attempting tier 6. I was getting so angry that I was tempted to hit something. I (foolishly) thought my g12 Boba, g11 Zossk/IG-88, and g10 Greedo/Dengar would work for the event so I wasn't worrying too much on the last two...

Now, whenever I get Bossk to 7* and hopefully Greedo/Dengar up a gear level, I will be playing that on repeat in my head to keep my blood pressure down. xD

Lol, the good news is that people are unlocking him at 7* with that. That's basically where I'll he at eventually.

I just want to finish out Bossk's farm so I can finally get the last g11 piece on him to take him to g12. It's been hard holding onto that gear piece basically since his marquee. lol If I have to, I'll stick my GK arena mods on him so hopefully he'll last a little longer though with my intent to remod my arena team, Bossk might actually have better tank mods than GK at the moment. Who knows?
  • 7* chewi !!!
    Bossk lead 7* G12 and some G12+ Double zeta
    Boba G12 some G12+
    Dengar G12
    Cad G12 some G12+
    Zam G12
    Event was fun and over fast. So happy I love bounties and focused on them long ago!
  • Laserbrain
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I am sure chewie is the missing toon needed to get the next heroes journey Luke. that will make the cash grab perfect.

I will elaborate:

CLS was lukes journey from farmboy to what he became in the end of ep4 / beginning of ep5.
    the next luke will take his journey through ep5 with ep5 toons.(just like the last event took us through ep4 with ep4 toons)

so my bet is:
    ROLO
    CHS
    Hermit Yoda
    The new Chewie (his event has cloud city background from ep5)
    and CLS (just like farmboy luke was used to turn him into CLS, CLS will be needed to turn into the new Luke)