Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• Zinke7 wrote: »
    It's a much harder event. Loving it. Nice to have another challenge in the game.

Also if Chewie is needed for the next hero's journey - hell yeah he should be hard to get.

And what kind of gear and mods would be needed for that future event if G12+ and 6 dots mods are needed for Chewie?

Won't be too long before 6x6* mods are the norm on each char, so I'm thinking/hoping the requirements for hero's journey would be on the same level. Highly doubt any new events (or at least the bigger events) are going to be aimed at 5* blue mods. May be doable with those, but only with good RNG.

My opinion only.
  • Laserbrain wrote: »
    I am sure chewie is the missing toon needed to get the next heroes journey Luke. that will make the cash grab perfect

Of course, and also pilot the Falcon, to get rid of ftp in both arenas at once.
    It's a much harder event. Loving it. Nice to have another challenge in the game.

Also if Chewie is needed for the next hero's journey - hell yeah he should be hard to get.

And what kind of gear and mods would be needed for that future event if G12+ and 6 dots mods are needed for Chewie?

Except everyone doesn't even need to be G12 and you don't need 6 dot mods. I did it with two G12s and three G11s. It's fine for the power creep the game has gone through. Very difficult, as they warned, but not impossible.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Just burned down my 27k f2p crystals, because I don't need them when I quit.
    That's a nice way to get rid of your player base. Good job again CG.

Lol, I warned you about the requirements....you said I was wrong and now you rage quit. Just an observation.
    Are you searching for complaints or what?

Nothing but a credit card
  • i tried one more time on auto for the hell of it. beat tier V. i haves no dengar or bossk. guess thats as far as i go.
  • I think its fine. I don't remember ever 7 starring a legendary the first time they dropped. I don't know why the expectations are that everyone should be able to 7 star him this time out.
    Except everyone doesn't even need to be G12 and you don't need 6 dot mods. I did it with two G12s and three G11s. It's fine for the power creep the game has gone through. Very difficult, as they warned, but not impossible.

Uh where they warned us the event is really hard?
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Just burned down my 27k f2p crystals, because I don't need them when I quit.
    That's a nice way to get rid of your player base. Good job again CG.

Lol, I warned you about the requirements....you said I was wrong and now you rage quit. Just an observation.

I don't need to be warned. If that's the way they wanna go, fine, but without me.
    I just hope more rage quit and they see their mistake.

Sadly, I don't think anything will change. Ftp in young shards still have a lot to do before the frustration sets in, but it might motivate some to whale out. Ftp in older shards have served their purpose - to let early whales rise above them - and are no longer needed so their exodus will change nothing. And whales gonna whale, ensuring good numbers for another quarter...
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Honestly, I could have used Palpatine saying the title of this thread in my ear when attempting tier 6. I was getting so angry that I was tempted to hit something. I (foolishly) thought my g12 Boba, g11 Zossk/IG-88, and g10 Greedo/Dengar would work for the event so I wasn't worrying too much on the last two...

Now, whenever I get Bossk to 7* and hopefully Greedo/Dengar up a gear level, I will be playing that on repeat in my head to keep my blood pressure down. xD

Lol, the good news is that people are unlocking him at 7* with that. That's basically where I'll he at eventually.

I just want to finish out Bossk's farm so I can finally get the last g11 piece on him to take him to g12. It's been hard holding onto that gear piece basically since his marquee. lol If I have to, I'll stick my GK arena mods on him so hopefully he'll last a little longer though with my intent to remod my arena team, Bossk might actually have better tank mods than GK at the moment. Who knows?

That's exactly where I'm at with the last piece, not too mention I have a handful of characters who need the same piece to get to G12. 6 more shards to go.

May RNGesus be in our favor for shard farming.
  • ...I think we are forgetting the elephant in the room: They released the last Old Republic toons to farmable nodes as well and on top give us this weird pack to save crystals on refreshes. I would assume they will not make us wait too long before the Old Republic event hits the game...4 weeks at most?!?
  • Zatherous wrote: »
    Ya this is the biggest FU I have ever seen from developers.

Well, then I hope people return the favor and abandon the game.
  • Call me masochistic or cg shill, I quite dig this event to be behind a paywall...well some portion of it at least.

Now almost any veteran or others that invested in the event (in the hopes for a 7*) will be able to unlock Chewie at 5*. 7* is behind a Bossk-wall besides the gear wall. Though none of the currently pay-only new bh are a must either. I'm putting my bets on even some f2p who dilligently farmed Bossk will be able to get the 7*.

As we all know understarred toons are quite viable in arena given that the team around them are solid. You can easily get away with 2 less than 7* toons. So the main impact is on raid have/have nots. And it won't be a surprise if Chewie makes the backbone of new raid teams.

Those that desire a 7* Chewie no matter what but without spending will easily get it next time around. Some will be satisfied with their 5*s and no longer pursue it.

pzzvzl8c6s5r.jpg

I'm not under the illusion that this is the end of the story. It's quite possible a new hero's journey that calls for Chewie can come up without Chewie event coming back before.

What I'm for is though we need more tough choices, we don't have to pursue everything ending up with similar rosters/similar strengths. We have to curb our expectations unless we will swipe the credit card at every hurdle cg throws at us. I'm at peace with it.

My main qualm with this event is the artificial design choices that makes up the difficulty. i.e. Speedy Gonzales wipe before you even get to go. It leaves no room for strategising, let alone trying various contracts that's the signature of BHs.

Lastly I'm f2p so please don't play that card in your replies. And please try to keep it about what this new precedent means for the future of the game and your view on it.

• Completed Tier 7 on my second try after seeing that my original strategy wasn’t going to work, but I was fortunate to have some beefy Hunters.
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Gorem wrote: »
    My fave recent dev quote "We like that players can use all their iconic favourite characters"
    "People like setting their own goals"
    "People like using whatever they want to use"

And then events like this come out.

Yep. I'm not in a raiding guild. I've got a small guild with the couple accounts I have along with a couple family members so we can do some guild stuff without pressure from leaders of larger guilds. The game has been fun with the exception of territory battles and the **** you get from not having platoons filled. We aren't that high ranked in either arena, but like to do what we can with who we like using.

The devs had said this event would be more difficult, and my BH are some of the highest powered chars on my roster. It is frustrating because I unlocked other legendaries on first or second try with much lesser powered squads. My BH have 10-13K more power than some of those squads and better mod sets....
  • this was exactly my thought this morning also..
  • At this point, I don't even care anymore. I focused on Solo characters based on the Solo ultimate bundle, but it seems it was just a smokescreen to misguide us. Then comes a legendary with mythic requirements. If the game disappears overnight, I won't be even annoyed.
  • We gotta check the minimum intervals between previous legendaries. I don't expect anything to come out of it before the end of the year.
  • Oh that'll be good. Incite rage with the Chewie Event then release another Legendary a month later that is behind another ridiculous timeframe/paywall.

Richard Branson said it best: Keep your players angry and they'll quit your game.

Wait... That's not right.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    We gotta check the minimum intervals between previous legendaries. I don't expect anything to come out of it before the end of the year.

Let's hope you are right. I fear, you might be mistaken, though! :/
  • Did with zzBossk (L), zBoba, zGreedo, Dengar, Cad Bane, all G12 and 3 with arena mods.
    How can one say zzBossk is useless? Probably you are going undergeared or w/o mods.
    Git gud. Too many complaints.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • This is ridiculous, but have fun in other games ;)
  • I don't think people expect things for free, but having 7* G11 is where I say "this is reasonable". An event like this ? That's just poverty of design. I can't imagine people thinking: Let me invest a few hundred dollars to unlock this character. A black day for SWGOH.
  • This Chewbacca event is atrocious.
    There is no precedent for a legendary toon requiring G12+.

What percentage of your player base is running HSTR in their guilds?
    What percentsge of your player base is buying G12+ salvage out of shipments?

This is the percentage of your player base that you are reserving 7* Chewie for.

Absolutely unprecedented and absolutely unacceptable.
    This is obviously a money-grab and nothing else.
    Greed.
    Disgusting.
  • Antares wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    We gotta check the minimum intervals between previous legendaries. I don't expect anything to come out of it before the end of the year.

Are we expecting a legendary or hero's journey out of it? If it's a legendary I'll be at least upto the task of unlocking.
  • It's a much harder event. Loving it. Nice to have another challenge in the game.

A “challenge” is dark souls. A “challenge” is chess. A “challenge” is a rubix cube. A “challenge” is AP calculus 2. You are delusional if you think this is a challenge. A challenge is difficult but fair. It is achievable through strategy. It is something you can improve at with practice.

Unless you consider whaling out on bounty hunter mega packs, crystals for gear, and bossk shards in the store “challenging.” In which case I kind of feel sorry for you.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Antares wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Are we expecting a legendary or hero's journey out of it? If it's a legendary I'll be at least upto the task of unlocking.

Definitely legendary. Legendary events are locked behind a faction (like now BH) and there are only 5 Old Republic toons. Also, which Hero would it be? I think it's safe to say it's gonna be a legendary. Only question now is when it hits the game!
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I got 7* with no g12+, no jango, no embo, no sing. I think you're overreacting a little lol