Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    With Bossk lead (tier 11) and Boba (tier 12). With just okish mods. Bossk had 76 speed from mods, Boba 45 speed from mods, the others less. And the others were around the gear 8/9 boundary

The event i failed first because they kept stunning Bossk, but 2nd time they didnt and it was a clean win. That sort of team is enough to unlock chewie
  • Lilpup wrote: »
    I think its fine. I don't remember ever 7 starring a legendary the first time they dropped. I don't know why the expectations are that everyone should be able to 7 star him this time out.

You have two issues being discussed and intertwined on the forums right now.

One is the difficulty of the tier 7 version requiring G12+ with Zetas and 6 dot mods.

The other is that simply unlocking the character at 5 stars requires the same gear/level/abilities that got you a 7 star legendary on all the previous events. (and you still need a lot of help from the RNG) I could see power creep reaching down into the tier 6 range(7 star power before got you the 6 star this time) but the tier 3 had gear 7-8 enemies that were level 45(think the earliest a char can get to gear 7 is 48?). That's severely over tuned.
  • Antares wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Antares wrote: »
    We gotta check the minimum intervals between previous legendaries. I don't expect anything to come out of it before the end of the year.

Let's hope you are right. I fear, you might be mistaken, though! :/

Are we expecting a legendary or hero's journey out of it? If it's a legendary I'll be at least upto the task of unlocking.

Definitely legendary. Legendary events are locked behind a faction (like now BH) and there are only 5 Old Republic toons. Also, which Hero would it be? I think it's safe to say it's gonna be a legendary. Only question now is when it hits the game!

I don't know, there has been chatter about this leading to Malak leg and that leg leading to Revan Hero's J.

Anyway, if it comes as soon as a few weeks, many of us will be able to at least unlock. I'm dividing my farming for shard equivalency across OR.
  • Antares wrote: »
    We gotta check the minimum intervals between previous legendaries. I don't expect anything to come out of it before the end of the year.

Are we expecting a legendary or hero's journey out of it? If it's a legendary I'll be at least upto the task of unlocking.

Definitely legendary. Legendary events are locked behind a faction (like now BH) and there are only 5 Old Republic toons. Also, which Hero would it be? I think it's safe to say it's gonna be a legendary. Only question now is when it hits the game!

Old republic is barely a faction they don't even have a leader. Either way, if Chewbacca event is any indication it's gonna be out of my reach so **** it.
  • Zaxm
    48 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Nauros wrote: »
    Laserbrain wrote: »
    I am sure chewie is the missing toon needed to get the next heroes journey Luke. that will make the cash grab perfect

Of course, and also pilot the Falcon, to get rid of ftp in both arenas at once.

They're already doing that with the bounty Hunter ships. Ig 2000 isn't even out yet and they already buffed it lol.
    This game is a joke now.
  • It's hard, it's made to be hard, it's made to be for the spenders first.

Is what it is.
  • The whole strategy of this game (designed, obviously, to make money) is to distract.

To throw lots of shiny thing at you to slow your progress as you get frustrated and spend, or at the very least are a lot slower at reaching your goals because you're trying to work at too many.

That's how it is :)
  • They keep getting bolder. Whales keep feeding them. Not much we can do. They don’t even read these forums. The only feedback they care about is the swipe of a credit card.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    I guess the key to 7* will be Jango and the bounty hunter resolve buff. BH will die by design and BH resolve will mitigate that. You want Chewie? Farm Jango.

Highly doubtful it, the trick to this event is bossk, getting almost any contract off takes too much time between han/chewie firepower
    Boba is about the only contract possible I think....
  • Don't let the door hit you on the way out :)

We all make our own decisions...play the game or don't play the game...but you're really no martyr if you flounce out :smile:
  • It's hard, it's made to be hard, it's made to be for the spenders first.

Is what it is.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed a few posts already but let's please keep it civil and respectful. :smile:
  • I got 7 star chewy... We just cleared our first herioc Tuesday night... They said it would take better gear than normal... A data mine was posted with the g12 requirements... I am 100% ftp. Not sure what else you need to figure out you needed to gear your bounty hunters....
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Here's the thing. I like the event but CG tends to think that getting good RNG makes for a good game. This is a collection/strategy game. When you take the strategy out of it and jus thope you get a good RNG just to have a chance at beating something, it is no fun.
    And it's not just the Chewie event that this happens, it's pretty much everything.

Edit: I beat T7 fully on auto not even looking at the screen. I tried manually several times before I had to work but then turned it on auto and would just reset it and let it run every few minutes. Came back to it to restart and I had one. This is what the developers need to fix.
    Post edited by Varlie on
  • You lack of patience outweighs their greed
  • So in the last few days my RJT squad has been boosted a LOT in terms of speed.

RJT 240 speed,scav rey 256 speed,r2d2 269,bb-8 279 ,and for a while now i've been using Thrawn (248 speed) in arena and I have no trouble getting past 70-80 ( I don't want to go farther because I won't get to 50 and i'm very stable at around 120 since i've had this team)

My scav rey has 3200 phys dmg and is only g11 , but my RT has no speed but has around 4300 phys dmg and dispells buffs.

So in this moment i'm using RJT squad without Scav rey(using her only in HSITH) with Thrawn.

I'm wondering if this team will be tough to beat in TW defense,never tried putting it in defense ,I might do it since everytime i'm attacking with it i'ts overkill...

And no I can't switch back to palpatine team because I cannibalised them for a good RJT Hsith team.

I'm using both RJT to do a good score in HSITH p1 and in arena and it works out pretty well.

I'm just wondering if my speeds would pose problems to players.

I'm maybe thinking into giving a second zeta to RJT for foresight
  • It's crazy even people who unlocked him at 5* are making threads and complaining. I give up the devs can't do anything right it seems.

Great event though
  • I beg you all, delete all these posts or at the very least stick them into one big girly crybaby "poor me...I'm not prepared to put the time and/or money into the game and I demand all the good new stuff for free and right now or I'll scweam and scweam and scweam!" thread.

Thank you.

100% agree. The entitlement has reached new levels. It’s utterly ridiculous.

• I’m sorry, but there's no preloaded TM in this event.
    Han does however get a "bonus turn at the start of the encounter" and they’re rather fast.
    Proof:
    vn1lixiizj98.jpeg
    Now you’re gonna edit your post and thank them for not using pre-loaded Tm right?;)
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    I got 7 star chewy... We just cleared our first herioc Tuesday night... They said it would take better gear than normal... A data mine was posted with the g12 requirements... I am 100% ftp. Not sure what else you need to figure out you needed to gear your bounty hunters....

I knew the event would be harder than most, bounty hunters have been around forever and you are correct that, if you want something, yôu have to work for it in this game... That being said, the fact that 5 7 star BH (3 gear nine and two gear 11) can't even get a 5* Chewie is just disgusting......

And , worse yet, the event is not in the least bit fun..... Having to use strategy can make an event interesting... This is just the usual overstacked turn meter stuff we have all grown to hate.... Do better CG
  • I'm ftp, running T5 sith raid and unlocked 7*.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • No_Try wrote: »

I don't know, there has been chatter about this leading to Malak leg and that leg leading to Revan Hero's J.

Anyway, if it comes as soon as a few weeks, many of us will be able to at least unlock. I'm dividing my farming for shard equivalency across OR.

That's the best one can do imho. Bring the entire team to 5*, only then to 6*, and eventually hope for the best.
  • Oh please.

I beat 6 easily and I am no whale

G9 zbossk, g12 boba, g11 Greedo, g7 dengar and g10 cad bane

Nobody with speed to write home about

Now tier 7 is hard but this is ridiculously.

Strategize and beat it. Stop whining in a forum.
  • auto303615 wrote: »
    This Chewbacca event is atrocious.
    There is no precedent for a legendary toon requiring G12+.

What percentage of your player base is running HSTR in their guilds?
    What percentsge of your player base is buying G12+ salvage out of shipments?

This is the percentage of your player base that you are reserving 7* Chewie for.

Absolutely unprecedented and absolutely unacceptable.
    This is obviously a money-grab and nothing else.
    Greed.
    Disgusting.

Now there is a new precedent. Why does everything have to follow the previous precedent? Maybe next time this Legendary Event comes around, the level cap will be raised to 90 and this will be much easier.
  • Boov wrote: »
    I’m sorry, but there's no preloaded TM in this event.
    Han does however get a "bonus turn at the start of the encounter" and they’re rather fast.
    Proof:
    vn1lixiizj98.jpeg
    Now you’re gonna edit your post and thank them for not using pre-loaded Tm right?;)

One could argue that ridiculous speed is even worse that preloaded tm. With preload, you only have to suffer through it once...
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    I got 7 star chewy... We just cleared our first herioc Tuesday night... They said it would take better gear than normal... A data mine was posted with the g12 requirements... I am 100% ftp. Not sure what else you need to figure out you needed to gear your bounty hunters....

I knew the event would be harder than most, bounty hunters have been around forever and you are correct that, if you want something, yôu have to work for it in this game... That being said, the fact that 5 7 star BH (3 gear nine and two gear 11) can't even get a 5* Chewie is just disgusting......

And , worse yet, the event is not in the least bit fun..... Having to use strategy can make an event interesting... This is just the usual overstacked turn meter stuff we have all grown to hate.... Do better CG

They can easily get 5 star Chewy. You either don't know how to mod them or don't understand how Bounty Hunters work. How is that CG's fault?
  • Children
  • Naz83 wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Naz83 wrote: »
    You are clearly missing the point that BH-s before the rework ware not worth gearing up, cos' they ware junk (except Boba Fett), and everybody knows that the Thrawn legendary event was doable to unlock him at 5*, with no headache. I could get a 7* Thrawn with only G8 phoenix team. It was not easy but for the 30 try i did get him with good RNG. This legendary event is just pure trash, a slap to the face to all F2P players, and a cash grab from CG as usual.
    Ppl been using dengar at rancor, and BH being reworked at late April.
    DSTB P6 needs them so why you left them behind...?
    I guess your question is just a joke.. You could do the rancor raid without Dengar (zVader teams). There was plenty of other stuff to gear up in the game then BH's cos' they ware trash. I think that everybody can agree, that you can not gear up 4 BH in 5 months to a decent gear as a F2P player, if you are locked behind of the raid gears what you need for them if it aint drops for you, or if you farm them from nods with also ridicolous drop rate, and i spend all the crystals i can get as a F2P player for refreshes. You can buy it for crystals yes, or you could buy it from the guild store with 3-5 pcs/buy... Not to mention that every character needs the same gear. Ppl have 4000+ from some of the gears nobody needs, and you struggle to get the gears what many of the characters need.. This event is just not fair.

I start to gear my BHs up after they're reworked, and the best one geared is boba, G9.
    Now all of them are G12 now, without spending.
  • Shame on you, GG. I was actually going to spend money on this game for the first time in a long time to get 88’s ship to 4 stars. You can say goodbye to that.