Content Update 9/26/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Nauros wrote: »
    Yep, the event is designed and balanced with specific characters in mind while making others useless. Now imagine if this kind of effort went into making the game actually fun...

Yepp
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Yep, the event is designed and balanced with specific characters in mind while making others useless. Now imagine if this kind of effort went into making the game actually fun...

All of the event? Are you sure?

The parts that matter.

Having the new legendary unlocked doesn't matter?

Go ahead, tell me that there is no difference between 6* and 7*. With 6* mods gated behind G12 gated behind 7*. On an attacker.
    You should stop. You are only making yourself look dumb.

The parts that matter.

Go ahead, tell me that there is no difference between 6* and 7*. With 6* mods gated behind G12 gated behind 7*. On an attacker.

I'll take my dumb self and have fun with my poor chewie that doesn't matter.

The parts that matter.

Well, I guess I will stick mine in some platoons, but I expect little use anywhere else...

The parts that matter.

Well, I guess I will stick mine in some platoons, but I expect little use anywhere else...

That's your problem. Mine will do just fine at the top of the arena.
  • thedrjojo
    946 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This can be in addition to your usual purchase though, so it can shave two-ish days off a veteran farm. 600 crystals get you 7.5 shards of Veterans from the shipments. So for 640energy/16 = 40 sims, which should be good for about 13 shards. So from that standpoint it's a decent value. I was hoping for a better discount, and haven't plopped down the crystals yet, may skip this one but if they announce the calendar and we can guess when jtr is coming back and I won't make it, I'll maybe buy the later two packs
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    and so...why is wrong that ppl spending money unlock 7* at first round, and f2p at second?

bossk is the only new bh really needed, for the other u had years to max them...

p.s. i've done only tier 5
  • Maybe they didn't think this one through so we'll??? I'd be in for 400 crystals.
  • The_Noobish_Hipster
    316 posts Member
    edited September 2018

I‘m F2P...z8onwoosv1zi.png
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    This can be in addition to your usual purchase though...

Exactly! I think they are trying to tell us something...

• 6beccb4oskg5.png
    I‘m F2P...

Did that get you a 5* or 6*? I'm willing to try 6* without Bossk if only gear is gonna cut it.
  • I‘m F2P...z8onwoosv1zi.png

You have my interest. How did you do it without Bossk?
    6beccb4oskg5.png
    I‘m F2P...

Did that get you a 5* or 6*? I'm willing to try 6* without Bossk if only gear is gonna cut it.
    Apologies, posted the wrong pic initially. 7*, with Boba lead. 274 Speed on him, the rest around 200, mostly Potency sets, Potency crosses. A lot of luck and Crom‘s blessings were required too
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Can we have one of these events one time that is not decided first and foremost on how much you spend?

Can we have an event where you can complete the highest level based on something OTHER than star levels of key characters?

How about based on skill in using them in the fight? How about gear level, or figuring out a key mechanic, or... something other than how much you spend?

Can we have special events sometime that are based on how well you play not how much you spend?

Is that too much to ask, or is the chasm between whales and the rest of us being intentionally widened and widened with every new character and feature?
    6beccb4oskg5.png
    I‘m F2P...

Apologies, posted the wrong pic initially. 7*, with Boba lead. 274 Speed on him, the rest around 200, mostly Potency sets, Potency crosses. A lot of luck and Crom‘s blessings were required too

Nooooow we are talking bussiness dude. You are the first one I've seen that 7*ed with OG BH. I'll get them geared. Mods I can take care of. Do you think Zam is a must here or can Cad do?

You are telling me you are FTP with 3.6 M GP? There is no way haha... I don’t care what you say but reguardless of when you began playing you have to pay somewhat to be at that GP level

• Bossak wrote: »

You are telling me you are FTP with 3.6 M GP? There is no way haha... I don’t care what you say but reguardless of when you began playing you have to pay somewhat to be at that GP level

I guess by f2p he means "spent less than a grand"
    6beccb4oskg5.png
    I‘m F2P...

Nooooow we are talking bussiness dude. You are the first one I've seen that 7*ed with OG BH. I'll get them geared. Mods I can take care of. Do you think Zam is a must here or can Cad do?

I think Cad is even better. Helps you control Han. And gearing him is good for the ship.

Cmon, do not take the hard work reward of others away.
    I'm at almost 2M GP and started middle of last year and I do not finish top arenas. If he is in a launch shard, he can be ftp and have 3.6M GP for sure.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!

You can believe what you want. I’m F2P, in a 160mm F2P guild: https://swgoh.gg/g/4469/ingiorious-blasters/
    Now you can either try it, or wait until you’ve farmed Bossk. In the meantime, I'd appreciate if you didn’t call me a liar.

That’s dismissive. A lot of it depends on when players started, where they are in both arenas, how focused they are, and which guild they were fortunate to get in.

Just because you can’t imagine someone being able to get to a 3.6 M gp doesn’t mean someone can’t.
  • Zaxm wrote: »
    Bossak wrote: »

I guess by f2p he means "spent less than a grand"

Not a dime, buddy

Thats awesome. Do you think it can be done with cad instead of IG?
  • Everyone knew Bossk was a smart farm. I spent zero dollars on my BH team and cleared t7. G12 Bossk with zeta lead, g12+ boba with zeta, g12 greedo, g11 (no extra pieces) ig88 and g8 zam. It's not impossible, don't be so dramatic.
  • Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Extra energy indeed! But It’s still not a 14% discount as it claims to be. Unless of course, you normally buy 600 cantina energy/day
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Exactly. You're saving only over the dreaded 200 crystal "whoops" clicks or panic purchases.
  • Rich1234 wrote: »

Thats awesome. Do you think it can be done with cad instead of IG?
    Cad is very useful to control Han. IG actually only got 2 shots off. The essentials imo are Boba (duh!), Dengar to counter R2‘s smoke screen and Greedo for TM control. The others are probably exchangeable. I tried probably 30 times and fiddled around with my mods for 2 hours before I had a run where all 5 survived the opening alpha strike
  • Rich1234
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Cad is very useful to control Han. IG actually only got 2 shots off. The essentials imo are Boba (duh!), Dengar to counter R2‘s smoke screen and Greedo for TM control. The others are probably exchangeable. I tried probably 30 times and fiddled around with my mods for 2 hours before I had a run where all 5 survived the opening alpha strike

Very impressed. What mod combination finally worked? More speed?
  • Rich1234 wrote: »

Very impressed. What mod combination finally worked? More speed?
    2x Potency set, preferably with Speed and Potency Secondaries, then the remaining fastest mods from my Arena team. Here’s a link to my account. Maybe it helps

https://swgoh.gg/p/358162817/mods/

I happen to have a fast CD/Potency combo on Darth Sion. I put that on IG88. But remember that 6dot mods can only be equipped by g12 toons
  • Has anyone done the math on the new Energy Packs? Seems like they aren’t worth it unless you’re panic farming

Regular: 900/18*25%=12.5 900/12.5=72, so cost per shard is for 18 energy sim node, which is barely under the 80 crystals per shard that you get in Shipments