Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• robjay04 wrote: »
    Strategize and beat it. Stop whining in a forum.

Concisely and perfectly put, thank you.

• Lol these forums are hilarious.

My 80k team beat the first 6 fairly easily..I’ve been up for a hour.

It’s just called a little strategy and patience.

The AI in the game has grown significantly more difficult over the last year with mythic events and hstr. I had no doubt in my mind that this event would be more difficult.

I like that because I play the game to be challenged.

If I don’t get 7 this time...who cares? I’ll be ready next time around.
  • They said it would be hard... it’s hard... so gear your BH and use strategy
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    It's a much harder event. Loving it. Nice to have another challenge in the game.
    Also if Chewie is needed for the next hero's journey - hell yeah he should be hard to get.
    And what kind of gear and mods would be needed for that future event if G12+ and 6 dots mods are needed for Chewie?
    Except everyone doesn't even need to be G12 and you don't need 6 dot mods. I did it with two G12s and three G11s. It's fine for the power creep the game has gone through. Very difficult, as they warned, but not impossible.

Uh where they warned us the event is really hard?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182435/how-about-a-day-early#latest

"...but he won’t be an easy target to take down. This will be a very difficult event that will require well geared and modded Bounty Hunters."
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Not only is this event an obvious cash grab...

Noooo, I mean it's almost like EA are a business trying to make a financial profit isn't it!

• Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    It's a much harder event. Loving it. Nice to have another challenge in the game.
    Also if Chewie is needed for the next hero's journey - hell yeah he should be hard to get.
    And what kind of gear and mods would be needed for that future event if G12+ and 6 dots mods are needed for Chewie?
    Except everyone doesn't even need to be G12 and you don't need 6 dot mods. I did it with two G12s and three G11s. It's fine for the power creep the game has gone through. Very difficult, as they warned, but not impossible.
    Uh where they warned us the event is really hard?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182435/how-about-a-day-early#latest
    "...but he won’t be an easy target to take down. This will be a very difficult event that will require well geared and modded Bounty Hunters."

Thank you.
    Wasnt paying attention to that because I have all FTP hunters at G12...
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    100% free to play. Been preparing BH for a while now. Got myself a 7* Chewie.

https://swgoh.gg/p/828572863/characters/
    That is my alt account. If that account can pull it off, with those poor mods, then all it takes it a bit of farming and a bit of luck. Just prepare for next time.

I agree that all the cry posts SHOULD be combined - there is no need for this backlash. The entitlement is real here

Edited to remove cursing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    I’m sorry, but there's no preloaded TM in this event.
    Han does however get a "bonus turn at the start of the encounter" and they’re rather fast.
    Proof:
    vn1lixiizj98.jpeg
    Now you’re gonna edit your post and thank them for not using pre-loaded Tm right?;)

One could argue that ridiculous speed is even worse that preloaded tm. With preload, you only have to suffer through it once...

agreed, i personally don't mind the pre-loaded TM mechanic. It suits it's purpose quite nicely imo. It sort of creates a treshhold gear (survivability) minimum. To me it always seemed like the easiest thing to complain about if you're struggling, but wasn't necessarily a bad mechanic.
  • Kialandi
    9 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    I got 7 star chewy... We just cleared our first herioc Tuesday night... They said it would take better gear than normal... A data mine was posted with the g12 requirements... I am 100% ftp. Not sure what else you need to figure out you needed to gear your bounty hunters....

I knew the event would be harder than most, bounty hunters have been around forever and you are correct that, if you want something, yôu have to work for it in this game... That being said, the fact that 5 7 star BH (3 gear nine and two gear 11) can't even get a 5* Chewie is just disgusting......

And , worse yet, the event is not in the least bit fun..... Having to use strategy can make an event interesting... This is just the usual overstacked turn meter stuff we have all grown to hate.... Do better CG

You must be doing something wrong. I completed T5 with G9 IG-88, G8 Greedo, G8 Boba Fett, G8 Cad Bane and G9 Bossk. Bossk being the only 5 star character others are 7 stars, no zetas. Granted, it took me like 50 tries but I managed to get Chewie.

EDIT: Bossk being the leader.
  • They said it was going to be “very difficult”. It is. Players complain stuff is too easy and now we’ve got a challenge for a great reward and they don’t like that either.
  • I was able to finish last tier on 8th try with Boba Lead, Bossk, Dengar, Greedo and Zam. All are G12, but no G12+. I don’t have ANY Zetas on these toons. I had to assign all my arena mods and got some good RNG, but it is doable without dumping everything you have into them. The detonators were key. Once they start popping they start to fall quick. Dengar was the only one left standing in the red with R2 being the last one killed He used smoke screen and a detonator finished him off.
  • Dang, thought you could be the one to bunch all these whine posts in 1 big mega thread.
  • Not only is this event an obvious cash grab...

Noooo, I mean it's almost like EA are a business trying to make a financial profit isn't it!

The philosophy used to be, "Make a game that's fun for everyone, and enough people will spend for shortcuts to make a profit."

The philosophy now is, "Make a game that's built for whales, and hope a few of the 99% stick around as cannon fodder. (And if they don't, who cares anyway)"
  • Forget (censored for TV) this event. I hate it. It’s awful.

Toys well and truly thrown out of the pram.

• I havent tried it yet, but ill say preloaded tm with serveral, several turns before you no matter your speed is horrible design. Other events that do this are imo the worse events. No fun, fustration, way to much rng. They could use opportunites in these cases to turn their "on purpose dumb AI" to smart AI with max gear and top mods and make it a challenge that way.
  • Event was hard but doable.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    They said it was going to be “very difficult”. It is. Players complain stuff is too easy and now we’ve got a challenge for a great reward and they don’t like that either.

Please...this forum is clearly no place for such sense, reason and wisdom.

Please take it elsewhere.

This is a place for childish tantrums when we don't get what we want.

Thank you.

They can't ever seem to strike a balance. It's really not that complicated yet they can never do it. If your toons can auto the previous battle there's no reason only two of your toons should get a turn in the next tier before everyone is wiped out. They just suck with progression and balance. That's all
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    They can't ever seem to strike a balance. It's really not that complicated yet they can never do it.

I hear you mate, and appreciate some reason rather than just whinging. What can I say? If you think it's poorly designed and executed then, life's too short, there may be other games out there you like more.

• Well, Bossk is FTP now as far as I know. He is a pain to farm, but I did it a long time ago. Maybe I was lucky I began farming BH just when they did their rework, ditching the Nightsisters (my nightsisters suck). The clue to being successful as a FTP is focus, not try to grab it all. I sacrificed the nightsisters in order to get the best Bounty Hunters possible and now it has paid off and I have a 7 star Chewbacca... For free!
  • Fun fact: my co-worker who actually got me in this game and who already heavily farmed bounty hunters for fun long before even Bossk was out, is totally frustrated.
    His squad (all 7*, g12+, zeta'd, well modded, 100+ extra speed) of Bossk, Boba, Dengar, Greedo, IG88 has no chance on t7.
    That's plain ridicoulus imo (and now I'm happy I didn't bother doing the same with my bounty hunter's, I'd be totally mad if I were him).
  • I completed this Legendary and spend about 10 dollars a month on the game with rare exception of when there is a double crystal event.

I hate the pay to win logic behind the game overall but this one can be had without spending a dime.

As for beating the final level, you have to be patient with backing out of bad starts, a little rng luck at the beginning and which character you kill first.
  • Fun fact: my co-worker who actually got me in this game and who already heavily farmed bounty hunters for fun long before even Bossk was out, is totally frustrated.
    His squad (all 7*, g12+, zeta'd, well modded, 100+ extra speed) of Bossk, Boba, Dengar, Greedo, IG88 has no chance on t7.
    That's plain ridicoulus imo (and now I'm happy I didn't bother doing the same with my bounty hunter's, I'd be totally mad if I were him).

Fun fact: your co-worker clearly doesn't work how to play.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!

I beat it with that same squad on the second attempt. Thermal dets are VERY helpful.

Tell him to switch IG88 for Cad Bane and focus on Chewbacca. He should get him after a few tries. IG88 is too squishy
  • Bounty hunters get much of their strength through fulfilling contracts and getting their payouts. By giving the enemy pre-loaded turnmeter and a ton of speed, most bounty hunters would be lucky to survive until their first turn, much less until they can get their contract bonuses.
  • MrRedxZero
    115 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    LE_DUC wrote: »
    LE_DUC wrote: »
    We didn't have any new legendary event since BB-8 which was one year ago (HJ doesn't count) and now that we finally have one, it's lame. Usually you can clear a legendary event (tier 7) with G8 toons, arena mods and good strategy. But this Chewie event is a cash grab/p2w/whale fiesta. Impossible to clear at tier 6 without new BH, or a zBossk G12 (which is still half F2P imo) because the gear requirements are **** and OG BH are too weak without Bossk (can't even trigger the contract, you get OS by Han( who can't be stunned and counters :D)). This is scandalous and you CG have to balance this horrible event with a hotfix asap.

Gear 6 is possible i did it with this team with dengar g8 (i geared him after)... actually the key is dengar who prevent r2 invisibilitycmohclzynyrd.png

I did Tier 6 with this team, but still i won't be able to complete Tier7, which is a shame imo.
    vctiucr0fl4f.png

I don't believe it. U have 3+ on almost all their abilities that can still be upgraded. Which arent maxed? Whats turn order?
    Howd u survive the onslaught. What's stats on those BH mine are just as good besides my Boba is g12. Dengar g11, but greedo only g8.
  • First, if you have dengar is possible, second in your first round you shot execute on chewie, probably the 2 survived will be boba and dengar, then you kill chewie, after that is easy... aoe from both boba and dengar then one shot one kill on all the other...(probably os better to kill r2 as second).
    I did it at the 2 try, order of kills: chewie, r2, leia, han, lando
    LAST MAN STANDING THE BOBA FETT

Dengar Lead ?
  • Everyone knew Bossk was a smart farm. I spent zero dollars on my BH team and cleared t7. G12 Bossk with zeta lead, g12+ boba with zeta, g12 greedo, g11 (no extra pieces) ig88 and g8 zam. It's not impossible, don't be so dramatic.
  • Chewie is broken anyway.. read Mcmoles latest.
  • cgsyrt2yf33a.png
    Here