Whine free-zone to share Chewie strats :)

Prev1345
There’s enough other posts for people to complain about difficulty/unfairness etc

Can people share here what squads they used for 5*/6*/7* - Gear/Zetas/Omegas
ESPECIALLY if they found a way to do it with the 5 of the 6 older BHs (so without Bossk)
I would imagine it would have to be a Boba lead with an early contract trigger.....

Replies

• Weaselcult
    130 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    6* OG BH's

G12 boba lead
    G11 ig88
    G9 greedo
    G9 dengar
    G9 zam

Key was dropping Chewie first using boba' s execute if you can drop him.in the first round of your turns you can win it

Don't go for the early contract trigger cos han has guard
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Weaselcult wrote: »
    6* OG BH's

G12 boba lead
    G11 ig88
    G9 greedo
    G9 dengar
    G9 zam

Key was dropping Chewie first using boba' s execute if you can drop him.in the first round of your turns you can win it

Don't go for the early contract trigger cos han has guard

How key was Dengar to handling Smokescreen?
    Who have you got Zetas on?
  • 1. Call Visa to increase credit limit
    2. Buy all the things
    3. ???
    4. Whalebacca
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Restart until Han stuns someone useless. Restart until R2 uses basic first instead of Smokescreen. Kill Chewbacca. Worked in all the first tiers for me but I'm nowhere near ready to unlock.

I know it might not transfer well to Tier 6&7 but Zams leadership worked great 1-4. Actually switched to her after half my team kept dying under Boba or Bossk. She easily one shot Chewie then Han after TDs were on them.

Caveat: my BH are absolutely trash so I am in no way an expert or prepared for 6-7.
  • Boba lead is the best IMO for under geared toons. Remember, you gain a max health equal to 50% of the total potency of all bounty hunters, so when you mod them by focusing on adding a potency cross to all bounty hunters and as many potency 2 piece sets as you can, you really help boost their health to where they can absorb more damage. You really just need to stay alive until the payouts proc and them you can wipe em out.
  • caldera wrote: »
    1. Call Visa to increase credit limit
    2. Buy all the things
    3. ???
    4. Whalebacca

Except the poster above you managed a 6* unlock WITHOUT whaling.
    This thread is for positive strategies - there’s a dozen others for negativity :)
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Restart until Han stuns someone useless. Restart until R2 uses basic first instead of Smokescreen. Kill Chewbacca. Worked in all the first tiers for me but I'm nowhere near ready to unlock.

That is the winning strategy that needs to be followed for all the levels along with a little patience.
  • My team is g12 bossk lead with zeta,g12 boba, g11 dengar,g11ig88,g9 zam with zeta ..I gave them my arena mods and gave +25% protection to most characters as much as I could.zwdb9b5poqdx.jpg
    Took me around 3-4 hours to get the best RNG
    My swgoh.gg account is https://swgoh.gg/p/273331476
    My bossk had around 70k ish protection which helped a lot
  • Abandoning fights for 3-4 hours until you get RNG enough to win the fight. Definitely a big improvement in game mechanics! :D
  • Tough event... wow. That preloaded turn meter is a killer but makes sense as a hard counter to the speed, speed, moar speed, SPEED school of strategy. These events are (brutal) puzzles that can require some theory crafting to unlock. And patience to try when there's no guarantee you have the right pieces and the RNG makes the data so varied.

Nevertheless, it's Chewie so...

- Squad: Boba G11 (L), Dengar G10, IG-88 G11, Cad Bane G10, Greedo G8.
    - All omegas: except for Greedo. No zetas.
    - Mods: Used the Gaming Fans mod advice and moved all my best mods over. Where there were set options I used the opportunity for diversity and went with something other than CC/CD as my pool doesn't have the depth of quality for 5 characters. Boba CD and Po, Dengar CC x 2 & H, IG-88 CD & CC, Cad CC & CD, Greedo H & CD.
    - Speed Boba 201 (54), Dengar 173 (70), IG-88 169 (48), Cad Bane 178 (71), Greedo 190 (68). Quite good but certainly nothing amazing, and still with some room to move in my collection if I sacrifice other stats.

5*
    -Strategy: Wait for good RNG. But seriously,
    1. stunned (Cad Bane) and killed Chewie - it's his event so he must be key, right?
    2. TM reduction on (yet another) Han by Greedo
    3. used an AoE (Dengar thermal detonators? Think IG-88 was dead by then) which killed ROLO and Han
    4. Paused, breathed, and wondered if this was actually happening
    5. polished off Lando and R2-D2

6*
    Same approach and after stun/kill Chewie and Han, then trading AoEs, it ended up with ROLO/R2-D2 vs Boba/Dengar. The MVP was Boba's uber combo, Bounty Hunter's Resolve and Execute. A mostly dead Dengar stood by stunned.

7*
    Hahaha... *Sigh*
    - I tried maxing speed (experimenting) but they became squishier in the initial volley and I had less with which to return fire.Speed: Boba 244, Dengar 182, IG-88 210, Cad 186, Greedo 190 (dead Rodian walking as Han, not kidding, shot first...).
    - Will try a defensive setup to survive the initial volley. Maybe Health/Prot and/or Crit Avoidance.

Good luck to all.
  • caldera wrote: »
    Abandoning fights for 3-4 hours until you get RNG enough to win the fight. Definitely a big improvement in game mechanics! :D

Worth it though... without traya it was getting really hard to climb up the arena leaderboard
  • RNG is huge in this event. Tier 4 (highest I could do with only 37/65 on Bossk) recommends Level 80+ and G9+. I cleared it with:

Zam lead - 78, G8, 5*
    Boba - 80, G8, 7*
    Bossk - 85, G8, 4*
    Cad - 60, G7, 5*
    Greedo - 67, G7, 6*
  • I have
    Boba (G12)
    Cade (G12)
    Delgar (G9)
    Greedo (G8)
    IG88 (G11)

No zetas on squad, with delgar as leader I managed to clear tier 6. I got lucky and chewie had a number of debuffs/buffs on him when delgar had execute. With the damage reduction from Delgar's leadership and the health steal I managed to just barely survive the fight.

I do not think the strat will work Tier7, as I just barely had enough healing in Tier6.

Currently I am planing the following:

Boba - Critical Damage + Health Rollout.
    IG88/Cade - Potency Rollout (Running 1 speed faster then Boba)
    Greedo/Delgar - Potency Rollout.

I am waiting till tonight to move around mods... But hope is to have Boba/IG88/Cade move just after Raid Han does his team buff. IG88/Cade add debuffs more to chewie, then use excute to take him out. Will take a few attempts, as I would need the AI to hit the "right toons". IF this does not work I will try to target RaidHan with the strat...

This likly would require me to get the Zeta on Boba's unique....
  • 94k squad power plus zetas to 7* a non-meta creating Legendary Character is asinine.

Up until now you could get ANY Legendary or Heroes Journey character with G9, 65k squad, no zetas and most omegas.
  • @Lord_Votifex let me know how you get on in tier 7. similar gear levels as you so gonna try tier 6 with your strat fingers crossed .
    ive got boba g12, dengar g12, ig-88 g11, cad g10 + greedo g9 and struggled so time to switch mods about then
  • Corvus wrote: »

Really helpful!
    Plus the exact squad I’m building....my weakness compared to you is mainly Boba Fett!
    I’ll need to gear him up
  • Unlocked 6* Chewie with

zBoba Fett (g12) (L) - zeta, and all 5 omegas as well
    Ig-88 (g11) - 1 omega, on basic
    Zam (g10) - no omegas
    Cad Bane (g10) - 1 omega, on basic
    Dengar (g9) - 3 omegas, on basic, mini-mine mayhem and payout

I first used my regular BH mods, where they all have as much potency as possible. Gives them more health under Boba's leadership, but since they were way too slow, they died quickly anyway. So had to put my super fast arena mods on them instead, and that worked somewhat better.

I managed to put some thermal detonators on them and Zam got her turn. This was the turning point, as I could start killing, while giving TM to the entire team. Cad Bane was the sole survivor in the end. I wouldn't have made it without the omega on his basic (+30% dmg), as he actually does some very decent dmg.
  • Let it run auto while you do other stuff. Worked for me
    G12 Boba, G11 Bossk (lead), Zam, Dungar, and Bane all G10

I did put arena mods on Bossk and Boba but not on the others
  • G12zzboskk lead,
    There’s enough other posts for people to complain about difficulty/unfairness etc

ESPECIALLY if they found a way to do it with the 5 of the 6 older BHs (so without Bossk)
    I would imagine it would have to be a Boba lead with an early contract trigger.....

G12 zzboskk lead, g12 boba, g11 ig88, g9 dengar and g8 greedo. All I could accomplish was 5* with that team comp. I need more work on greedo and dengar. I kind of thought with my Fett and boskk I’d get at least to 6* but it’s pretty hard after tier 5. Kind of thrawnish if not harder. I’m not complaining, just saying tier 6&7 are rough.
  • G12 zbossk, g12 boba fett, g12 greedo, g10.87 dengar, g9.5 cad bane.

Got through first 6 tiers without any strategy. Tier 7 you need 2 things to happen. Stun lands on dengar and puts him in stealth. Then as bossk went first I popped his taunt, used greedo to clear buffs on chewie so he wouldn't dodge, then popped bossk mass assist. Used boba fett ab and by then chewy came out of stun again so I stunned him with cad bane. (Bossk can tank the others easily as long as chewy stays stunned) chewy died here followed by lando killing cad bane and Han finishing off bossk. Then greedo got some nice procs and killed lando, counter killed Han and rolo. In the end greedo and fett were only 2 left and they picked off r2d2
  • Lord_Votifex
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    A couple of extras to my above post @LynnYoda

https://swgoh.gg/squads/106266/
    Changed Cad's cross to potency primary from above description, hence small change in speed.

Some excellent posts have ideas to maximise Boba's leadership.
    • - BH allies gain 15 speed for each debuffed enemy - potency mods and use AoE debuffs/TDs
    • - gain max health equal to 50% of the total potency of all BH allies - potency mods
    • - gain 15% TM when a thermal detonator explodes - use TDs
    • - kill 1st enemy to take a turn for payout - may be a false opportunity in this event

From this analysis it seems sensible to:
    • - max potency - +24% potency cross on all BHs
    • - potency set of Boba due to his AoE debuff 'Death from Above'

Will continue to test, although will also keep adding gear this week.
    Post edited by Lord_Votifex on
  • If you can get Bossk to swarm attack Han, is Boba's payout not fairly easy to accomplish as he's guaranteed to be the first enemy to take a turn?
  • Bossk g12 zeta x2 lead.. 88 g11 zeta (key to me winning) ..boba g12...zam and cad g11 barely.
    Kill order was han (to get contracts to hit) ..land target lock on chewy!!..then lando r2 chewy leia.didnt lose anyone
  • Corvus wrote: »

Really helpful!
    Plus the exact squad I’m building....my weakness compared to you is mainly Boba Fett!
    I’ll need to gear him up

You need Dengar and boba, the rest was to eat most of the damage. By round two I killed Chewie and had lost all apart from Boba and Dengar . Dengar is the show runner, he prevents R2 from giving stealth and stacks debuffs on the rest for Bobas Execute
  • I ended up clearing T7 using Dengar lead. G12 Dengar, G12 Bossk, G12 Boba, G12 Greedo, G11 Cad. Keeping Chewie stunned was key. Ended up saving Han for last. Feel like the -50% CD from Dengar’s lead was huge for surviving the initial onslaught. Did not move mods.

https://swgoh.gg/p/981543947/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    94k squad power plus zetas to 7* a non-meta creating Legendary Character is asinine.

Up until now you could get ANY Legendary or Heroes Journey character with G9, 65k squad, no zetas and most omegas.

While I agree that they went overboard with this event. BH have been one of my Favs so I had them anyway at this stage. And finally they are usefull in so many areas. For me the invest finally payed off...
  • Tip for those struggling:

Put a tenacity set (2/6) on bossk to ensure he can resist most stuns (besides hans opening blast, which cannot be resisted)

Bob's lead:

Ensue you have enough potency on each bh to get the most survivability. This is something many just fluff over, but can make or break his leadership
  • I was able to finish Tier 5 with 1* to unlock Chewie, but that's as far as I'll be able to get this time around. I'll hopefully finish the event next time.

I used:
    Boba Fett (g10), Bossk (6*, g11), Dengar (g9), Zam (g9), Greedo (g9). Except Bossk, all were 7*.

I needed RNG to help me out for sure--Bossk or Boba needed to be stunned by Han, if any of the g9s were stunned I would have to reset. RNG here is ONLY needed because my gear levels were so low--I'm at the bare minimum necessary to complete the event, so I'm not complaining.

Anyway, after a couple tries Bossk was stunned and, even more luck, the single target attacks all went his way, too, leaving everyone else fairly healthy. Zam threw her bombs, Greedo threw his bombs, Dengar was ability blocked so basic attacked Chewie. Kill order, for me, was Chewie first, then Lando, then it sort of broke down because the bombs were finishing off characters before I could.

I would love to have killed off Han sooner (he wound up fourth), but that counter attack was just kicking my butt in earlier runs before I started reloading if Bossk wasn't stunned. Since I was so close to the minimum to pass, losing a character to a counterattack was too much, I needed to let the bombs and stealthed Dengar chip away, and then finish him off with Boba's Execute.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.