Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• key to winning is stun locking and killing chewie first, i beat 7 tier with zBoba(g12 4/5),zGreedo(g12 4/5),Cad Bane(g12 1/5),Dengar(g12 2/5) and IG-88(g12 1/5) with arena mods. Im sure that my zeta on Boba didnt help at all and Greedo one helped only a bit. All with arena mods.

One guy in my guild did it with Boba (g12 3/5), Greedo(g11 4/6), Zam(g11 3/6), Dengar(g9 2/6) and Cad(g11 3/6)
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    cgsyrt2yf33a.png
    Here

So Chewie rebels can be beaten by Traya. This is shocking to people? It shouldn’t be. My god it’s been like 3 hours. Calm the heck down.
  • @Austin9370 I'm assuming you're a whale so speak for yourself buddy. Give the fact that we got nothing but a ton of Marquee characters over the last few months, I would say that people did expect an easy legendary event finally, especially when it's such an iconic character that we all love.

So get outta here with your anti-entitlement speeches, we could 7 star any legendary with g8 characters so far. They could have made it 10 but not 12 that's just ridiculous.

When Yoda was released the cap was at g8 or 9. It would make sense you could do the legendary with that amount.

EP was next. Again, it’s not like we had g11 or 12 yet. G8 still made sense.

I think it was thrawn next. G8 was doable with Phoenix but not recommended. Phoenix is just one of those teams that you could scare by almost anything at lower gears but shine at higher gear levels. Thrawn was the only event I missed out on but that’s because I didn’t drop everything and farm Phoenix.

Somewhere in there were the droid events. My memory is hazy on those. My teams were built up for those already. If people could win with g8 then great. Personally, I think if you’re trying with g8 on those events then you should have to play it 200 times to get the good rng, but that’s me.

The problem is, we now have g12+ and 6* mods. And people think you should be able to do this event with g8? Come on. If you’re going in with g8 then you don’t really understand the game as much as you think you do.

The only events that were give mes if you have the toons were heroics. Legendary events were the only hard ones. I do think the heroics should be on par with this event. I could be the only one.
  • 2d8wzfq1ypn4.jpg
    I spent zero dollars on my BH team and cleared t7. G12 Bossk with zeta lead, g12+ boba with zeta, g12 greedo, g11 (no extra pieces) ig88 and g8 zam. It's not impossible, don't be so dramatic.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    cgsyrt2yf33a.png
    Here

So Chewie rebels can be beaten by Traya. This is shocking to people? It shouldn’t be. My god it’s been like 3 hours. Calm the heck down.

Quite.

And there's characters that Traya can't beat?

And you're that likely, unless an elite player, to come across Traya much in Arena - I've never seen her there once in mine.

That's got to be the worse "stop the press" since - "Urgent discovery - sea is wet!"
  • I saw nobody from my guild notification who got a 7* chewie
  • Eh this only solidified my non-spending philosophy. I use to be the occasional spender but not anymore. I’m tired of CG and their EAish type ways. The Chewie event literally jumps from being super easy to impossible from tier 4 to tier 5. Shameless money grab from fake Star Wars fans.
  • zg5ayob7n2cx.jpg
    Proof
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Now tell us the price tag...

Exactly. I have a hard time believing people got bossk 7 star f2p
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Another thing is, there used to be a reward for passing up certain things in favor of targeting development of your roster in a certain area.

One example of this is Hermit Yoda. To get him you had to pass up the opportunity in the short and medium term to bank a lot of gear, but there was a reward for it. To get Thrawn and Chimera, you had to spend a lot of time farming and gearing those silly Phoenix toons and ships you weren't ever going to use again just to get him. You gave up a lot of time and resources, but it was farmable and doable.

But with this event, you could have been working up Bounty Hunters for a long time, diligently farming and gearing them - but unless you paid for the whale toons, surprise! Your chances are slim to none.

Further, if Whalebacca is required for Jedi Luke as we all expect, you're actually being punished. Bounty Hunters never had anything to do with Luke's story in the films or in the Star Wars universe. Han's story, yeah. But for Luke, bounty hunters are totally unrelated. You could have been farming and gearing anyone related to Luke's story in the films to prepare for him, but now CG is effectively requiring a full squad of maxed-out bounty hunters, including whale toons, to paywall him, which you never could have anticipated.

It would be a lot more honest if they just put a $99.99 admission price for the event (well, they might actually make less that way, but you know what I mean) or if they just sold Whalebacca and Jedi Luke etc. in the store.

Then at least players would honestly know "the road ahead" instead of being stuck behind randomized roadblocks
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Now tell us the price tag...

Exactly. I have a hard time believing people got bossk 7 star f2p

I did. I haven’t spent much on the game recently. Not as much as I used to. I didn’t buy the bossk pack when it was out. I started farming him the second he became ftp. The only time I bought from the shop was the weekly one but by then I had more than enough crystals saved to buy 40 shards. Everything else was hard farm. The bonus drops helped a lot.

(Hint: be farming old republic toons now. Otherwise you’re going to be late)
  • caldera wrote: »
    Another thing is, there used to be a reward for passing up certain things in favor of targeting development of your roster in a certain area.

One example of this is Hermit Yoda. To get him you had to pass up the opportunity in the short and medium term to bank a lot of gear, but there was a reward for it. To get Thrawn and Chimera, you had to spend a lot of time farming and gearing those silly Phoenix toons and ships you weren't ever going to use again just to get him. You gave up a lot of time and resources, but it was farmable and doable.

But with this event, you could have been working up Bounty Hunters for a long time, diligently farming and gearing them - but unless you paid for the whale toons, surprise! Your chances are slim to none.

Further, if Whalebacca is required for Jedi Luke as we all expect, you're actually being punished. Bounty Hunters never had anything to do with Luke's story in the films or in the Star Wars universe. Han's story, yeah. But for Luke, bounty hunters are totally unrelated. You could have been farming and gearing anyone related to Luke's story in the films to prepare for him, but now CG is effectively requiring a full squad of maxed-out bounty hunters, including whale toons, to paywall him, which you never could have anticipated.

It would be a lot more honest if they just put a $99.99 admission price for the event (well, they might actually make less that way, but you know what I mean) or if they just sold Whalebacca and Jedi Luke etc. in the store.

Then at least players would honestly know "the road ahead" instead of being stuck behind randomized roadblocks

This^. Any whale who claims we should have been ready for this is a complete liar or they’re on the CG payroll. There is no precedent for this level of deception and money grab.
  • Not a hard event. The requirements say g12 . My g12 bountyhunter beat it on auto.

04hf082g5vj7.jpg

Says the guy who drops thousands each month on the game.
  • love the event. I am f2p and though i dont have him yet, i will keep working for the week it is here. I have patience and not some kid screaming " give me now mommy.".
  • I'm not even going to dive into the ridiculous difficulty jump from tier 4 to 5. I figured I'd have him unlocked and that'd be it but nothing you guys do surprises me anymore.

The real thing that bugs me is the cut scene every single time. If I'm gonna have to attempt a tier 50 times I'd prefer to not have to wait through a cut scene that last longer than the battle each time. Same with thrawn event. Please add a skip scene option.
  • So you didn't get Chewbacca, Would you use him anyways? I don't see any other forms of Chewbacca in Arena, and don't expect him to be of much use.

Quitting over Chewbacca.... Even typing it it's hard as I am Laughing so hard!
  • Lol
    Not a hard event. The requirements say g12 . My g12 bountyhunter beat it on auto.

04hf082g5vj7.jpg

Lol , why would you think i drop $ 1000 a month on a phone game . Im not sayin im ftp, i most likely spend a$ 500 a years .1q2y99bk4g87.jpg
  • Just so sick of seeing the terms "challenge" and "strategy", when the truth is many times a battle is unwinnable and requires a restart. If you build toons to a certain level 11/12, you should have a chance of winning EVERY battle, this game is now way too rng dependent.

It is one thing to make money, but when u have a Tier 6 event that beats a team of 12 12 11 10 10 (i dont care if someone else beat this level) this team should be 100% unbeatable for Tier 6 shards. Level of toon needs to count for something
  • Lol
    Not a hard event. The requirements say g12 . My g12 bountyhunter beat it on auto.

04hf082g5vj7.jpg

Lol , why would you think i drop $ 1000 a month on a phone game . Im not sayin im ftp, i most likely spend a$ 500 a years .1q2y99bk4g87.jpg

Sure you do.....
  • caldera wrote: »

This^. Any whale who claims we should have been ready for this is a complete liar or they’re on the CG payroll. There is no precedent for this level of deception and money grab.

Gotta say, I know of complete f2p that have 7* chewy, using bossk. The fact that people have prioritized other toons over BH since the rework is their prerogative, but they should understand that it's at the expense of getting chewy finished.

Yes, the difficulty here was tougher, but as several have already pointed out, the game has been around for a while now, if they made this event as easy as say the palp legendary, it would allow for everyone to be able to unlock from day one. That's not how this game has ever worked. I would imagine the statistics would show a similar percentage of players unlocking and 7*ing chewy as had done palp back in the day.

All that being said, I would have preferred if this event hadn't been so rng reliant, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    They said it was going to be “very difficult”. It is. Players complain stuff is too easy and now we’ve got a challenge for a great reward and they don’t like that either.

Please...this forum is clearly no place for such sense, reason and wisdom.

Please take it elsewhere.

This is a place for childish tantrums when we don't get what we want.

Thank you.

They can't ever seem to strike a balance. It's really not that complicated yet they can never do it. If your toons can auto the previous battle there's no reason only two of your toons should get a turn in the next tier before everyone is wiped out. They just suck with progression and balance. That's all

This is what I am wondering. The jump from tier 3 to tier 4 was insane for someone who only has 5 star BH that are gear 8. Took me several tries before I had a full team (and that one actually went south much faster, hah!) It's like they went from tier 3 to tier 5 but called it tier 4 and then went on up a tier higher than what the event says. If my experience with tier 4 had been actually tier 5, I would not have had as big an issue. It took me a LOT of RNG to complete tier 4 with G7-G8 bounty hunters. It's not like it would have been a walk in the park to unlock had that been the case.
  • After several hours of real pain (mostly due to watching the bloody cut scene over and over...), I finally beat T5 with:
    Boba (L) G12 + Zeta
    IG-88 G11 + full Omega, no zeta
    Dengar G10 and one missing Omega (B&S), no zeta
    Greedo G10 + full Omega, no zeta
    Bane G10 + full Omega, no zeta
    MoDs: LV15, mostly blue, quite bad.
    Forget about your PVP MODs, you cannot match their speed ! (save your $)
    Focus on killing Chewy first (NO AOE !). Once he's dead, it gets much easier. Do not use Greedo Special to remove Buffs or you won't kill him with execution. Keep it for R2 or Lando before they throw flames or AoE.
    Then I killed Lando, Leia, Solo and R2 last.
    The key is having Dengar stealthed after their first attack so R2 can't stealth them and wastes a turn.

MVP Dengar (Unic & Basic) and Bane (Basic)
    Last man standing (barely) was Dengar (thanks to R2 being an **** and trying to stealth all teh time...). Honorary mention to Geedo who attacked 6 times in a raw and dispatched HS without getting punished by a counter...

I hope it helps you guys.

I still think this event is ridiculously hard... but it's quarter end and EA must be hungry...

• Has anyone bought it? Is it worthy comparing with regular refreshes?
  • Jaxom wrote: »
    caldera wrote: »

Gotta say, I know of complete f2p that have 7* chewy, using bossk. The fact that people have prioritized other toons over BH since the rework is their prerogative, but they should understand that it's at the expense of getting chewy finished.

Yes, the difficulty here was tougher, but as several have already pointed out, the game has been around for a while now, if they made this event as easy as say the palp legendary, it would allow for everyone to be able to unlock from day one. That's not how this game has ever worked. I would imagine the statistics would show a similar percentage of players unlocking and 7*ing chewy as had done palp back in the day.

All that being said, I would have preferred if this event hadn't been so rng reliant, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Here’s the problem with all this player priority blame being thrown around.

The Sith Raid - that’s the problem. CG required very specific teams to even make a dent in the raid. So if you weren’t farming and gearing those teams, you were falling more and more behind. CG forced us to farm entire teams to be competitive in the raid, plus a billion new marquee toons, and then require a fully maxed out team from a useless faction.

No, it’s not players faults they can’t get Chewie today. It’s CG by failing the players with this entire years release design.
  • Yeah, please consolidate these snowflake rage posts...I came here for some info / insight and the board is worthlessly awash with tears.
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Jaxom wrote: »
    I would imagine the statistics would show a similar percentage of players unlocking and 7*ing chewy as had done palp back in the day.

Now do 5 star Palpatine unlocks with people who only had 5 star rebels then vs 5 star Chewie unlocks with people who only have 5 star BH this time.
  • Beyol wrote: »
    love the event. I am f2p and though i dont have him yet, i will keep working for the week it is here. I have patience and not some kid screaming " give me now mommy.".

Great spirit man !
    But I still think this is a Quarter End money grab ;-)
  • Jaxom wrote: »
    caldera wrote: »

Here’s the problem with all this player priority blame being thrown around.

The Sith Raid - that’s the problem. CG required very specific teams to even make a dent in the raid. So if you weren’t farming and gearing those teams, you were falling more and more behind. CG forced us to farm entire teams to be competitive in the raid, plus a billion new marquee toons, and then require a fully maxed out team from a useless faction.

No, it’s not players faults they can’t get Chewie today. It’s CG by failing the players with this entire years release design.

Sorry, but that's still a priorities thing. No one is forcing anyone to farm sith raid teams. If people choose to focus on sith raid over other teams, that's they have to live with that choice. And just to be clear, the f2p I know who cleared the event also has all the necessary raid teams to be able to compete for top 10 in sith raid.
  • So the whales on here are blaming other players for not being ready for Whalebacca by saying we should have prepared our BH team since CG was hinting at having to use them.

Here’s some problems with this logic:

1. The Sith Raid. CG required very specific teams to even make a dent in the raid. So if you weren’t farming and gearing those teams, you were falling more and more behind. CG forced us to farm entire teams to be competitive in the raid.

2. Marquee toons. CG released a ton of different marquee toons this year from various factions including scoundrel, old republic, Sith, BH (obviously), etc. Everyone speculated the Solo toons would be needed for something. So players farmed and geared them only to find out it was for a very underwhelming event. How can anyone truly predict what we should have needed and by when? Only spenders can go for all and be fine.

3. No precedent for this level of difficulty. Everyone claims CG follows patterns but the degree of difficulty between tier 4 and 5 is ridiculous. We should be able to at least unlock a 5* Chewie with a decently strong team. No other legendary event has even come close to this difficulty in terms of the jump between tier 4 and 5.

With all that being said, it’s not players faults they can’t get Chewie today. It’s CG by failing the players with this entire years release design. There was no logical flow to anything. It was just one marquee release after the next all the while trying to keep up with the disastrous STR.

As for me, I’m on the edge right now. My time and investment hasn’t been respected by CG, so why keep playing? Guess I’ll just have to figure that out myself.
  • BucMan55 wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »
    I would imagine the statistics would show a similar percentage of players unlocking and 7*ing chewy as had done palp back in the day.

Now do 5 star Palpatine unlocks with people who only had 5 star rebels then vs 5 star Chewie unlocks with people who only have 5 star BH this time.

That's what I meant, I assume the percentages for each level are relatively similar.