Whine free-zone to share Chewie strats :)

Replies

• I got what I deserve. No complaining about the difficulty from me. I got 1* from Tier 4, and 2 dead before taking a turn in Tier 5.

Lvl 80 G9 Boba
    Lvl 80 G8 IG-88
    Lvl 80 G8 Greedo
    Lvl 78 G8 Cad Bane
    Lvl 80 G8 Zam

None have 6 Mods. Squad is 66.4K GP. All other BH are untouched, and between 3* and 7*.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • I 7* event with these BH

engw2.jpg

I gave them all my fastest mods (idk if it really did anything, considering all rebels go first)

It takes a lot of time and tries. What worked for me - was surviving the onslaught and not one rebel got smoke screened.

I executed chewy with Boba. His health got low. Killed him. Then went for han. I lost zam at this point. But han was dead as well.

I then went after the weaker of Rolo or lando. I lost more Bh. Was just up to Bossk and dengar. Rolo and lando - done.

Just r2 now against Bossk and dengar. I played conservatively. Taunts with Bossk. Aoe for heals. And stunned r2 when I could with both.

Finished the event. Chewy 7*. My gear isn’t the best. And my best mod set on Bossk is like 103 speed. The rest around 90-95 speed.

I know there is a better kill order and more in-depth but tbh I was so used to losing I didn’t think I would do it.

I did though! Keep trying! We have a week! Gluck!
  • Boba (L) G12+1, +52 speed, blue-ish mods
    Cad G12, +55 speed, blue-ish mods
    Greedo G12+3, +68 speed, blue-ish mods
    IG88 G12+1, +53 speed, blue-ish mods
    Dengar G12+1, +68 speed, blue-ish mods
    no zeta.

If Han not shooting Dengar/Cad with his bonus turn, retry.
    If Dengar is not stealthing before R2's smoke, retry.

Greedo steal Han's turn meter and dispell his buff, Boba execute Chewie, if you are lucky you can drop him to 50% or lower, so others who;s going next is easily taking him off.
    Then kill Han, stun him preferred because he counters. after Han defeated you got your contract activated and everything is easy.
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    My set are Boba G12, IG Gear 11, Greedo G8, Cad G9, and Dengar G6. It took a lot of tries (some of the scenarios in previous posts). As someone pointed out in FB - take out Chewy first and then it is not that difficult with your surviving BHs to finish it off. Everyone is 7 star except Dengar who is 5 stars. So, can't even try Tier 6 this time. Boba is my highest power toon.
  • I 7* event with Bossk, Boba, Greedo, Dengar, Embo. All gear 12 except Embo is 11. Took 4 attempts, The one where I completed it I was able to taunt Bossk after the Initial onslaught, killed Leia first then Chewbacca then Han, Lando, R2. Mods were pretty standard they were not my arena ones.
  • Weaselcult wrote: »
    6* OG BH's

G12 boba lead
    G11 ig88
    G9 greedo
    G9 dengar
    G9 zam

Key was dropping Chewie first using boba' s execute if you can drop him.in the first round of your turns you can win it

Don't go for the early contract trigger cos han has guard

How key was Dengar to handling Smokescreen?
    Who have you got Zetas on?

No zetas, on reflection i'd say dengar was probably essential for getting that early kill on a non stealthed chewie
  • Got 6* with BF(L) G11, zam G10, cad G12+, greedo G10 and IG88 G10.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Since it is single stage, I think Boba lead may be the way to go. Or Embo for counters but I doubt many have him high enough. Just not going to out heal their damage.

I got 6* with g9 Boba, Greedo, Zam, Dengar, and g11 6* Bossk. Had to move my arena mods but got 5* and 6* first time once I did.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Just got a 6* chewy.
    Took me 29 tries. Need to wait for great rng

6* Bossk g11 no zeta lvl 85
    7* Boba g10 no zeta lvl 85
    7* Cad g7 no zetas lvl 55 (yup)
    7* greedo and dengar g8 no zetas lvl 85
    Decent mods but not arena
    All skills max and omega except for greedo all 6s

Bossk lead

Take out chewy first
    Then Han then lando and it’s easy depending on if rolo is stealthed or not.

So for all those folks whining expecting it on first attempt. Put in some effort and have a bit of fun with the challenge.
    Post edited by MuCuS on
  • And I’m glad I didn’t burn my zeta on Bossk. No zeta needed for the 6* on this
  • Just wanted to chip in to say thanks for this thread, a beacon of positivity amidst the outrage; it enabled me to get my mediocre BHs (7* G9 Boba, 7* G9 Greedo, 6* G10 Ig-88, 6* G8 Dengar, 5* G8 Bossk) over the finish line to unlock 5* Chewie after hours of trying, both in terms of mod setup and tactics. Initially I thought a Bossk lead was the way to go, but I think you probably need his leadership zeta to make that work, at least with the toons available to me, so I switched to Boba lead and maxed out potency mods.

Then my tactics in the battle were to take Chewie out ASAP (I think I managed to stun him with Dengar which helped), then Lando, then Han, then ROLO and finally R2 (but only just). I had Boba and Dengar left standing at the end, but only just, and that was mainly thanks to the BH'sR/Execute combo that saved Boba about 3 times.

My BHs have no chance at 6* this time round (not least because I had to put all the resources I'd set aside for Chewie into them just to unlock him) so I'm happy with that for now, and realise that I'm gonna have to get gear farming like whoa for the next time the event swings round.
  • I managed to beat T6 with BF lead by modding to his lead's strength (potency, crit chance) and playing the rng game so that I could kill chewie first. Squad was g12 zBF (200), g11 zam (210), g11 greedo (190), g11 cad bane (156), g9 dengar (161). Their total potency was 317% for a max health bonus of 158%, which is key to surviving the opening barrage. Next strategy was to retreat if Dengar did not get critically hit before r2's turn; he will stealth on crit and prevent smokescreen from stealthing everyone.
    Next up, use execute on chewie (he should be buffed by han) which took him down to ~35% health with heal immun. Greedo finished him off. Next step was to have either zam or dengar use their aoe to debuff everyone with bombs. This grants all bhs +15 speed per debuffed enemy, so +60 at best now that chewie is gone. Each bomb exploding gives tm as well and seriously weakens the rest. Next I stunned han with cad bane (zam and greedo died in the meantime). Fett double taps lando and regains BH resolve, cad bane double taps han, kills him, and then valiantly dies, leaving fett and dengar facing leia and r2. At this point it's a done deal. Fett double taps leia, regains all protection again, dengar clears foresight on r2, and used bf aoe special on r2 to get the dengar assist, then fett takes him out.
    So T6 is doable with BF lead with some luck and a solid strategy. It also helped that I'm home sick with a cold, flat out on the couch with literally nothing else to do. But pretty sure that's not a requirement.
    Hope that helps!
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Great posts, thank you.

I'm with @Metroplex79 - I got what my levels warranted.

I may be able to get Chewie unlocked before the event ends. Thanks to all the great advice on this thread. If not, it will be next time ;)
  • I used Boba (lead), dengar G7, Greedo G12, bane, G11, zam G10 and beat T6.
    But had to try about 15 times before R2 did not use smokescreen and hide chewy. I beat it the first time he didn't use smokescreen.
  • Got 7* with G12 zBossk, G12 Boba, G11 Zam, G11 Cad Bane, and G7 Dengar. Dengar seems to be a must for preventing stealth. After that its just killing Chewie and win.
  • Trake wrote: »
    G12zzboskk lead,
    There’s enough other posts for people to complain about difficulty/unfairness etc

Can people share here what squads they used for 5*/6*/7* - Gear/Zetas/Omegas
    ESPECIALLY if they found a way to do it with the 5 of the 6 older BHs (so without Bossk)
    I would imagine it would have to be a Boba lead with an early contract trigger.....
    There’s enough other posts for people to complain about difficulty/unfairness etc

Can people share here what squads they used for 5*/6*/7* - Gear/Zetas/Omegas
    ESPECIALLY if they found a way to do it with the 5 of the 6 older BHs (so without Bossk)
    I would imagine it would have to be a Boba lead with an early contract trigger.....

G12 zzboskk lead, g12 boba, g11 ig88, g9 dengar and g8 greedo. All I could accomplish was 5* with that team comp. I need more work on greedo and dengar. I kind of thought with my Fett and boskk I’d get at least to 6* but it’s pretty hard after tier 5. Kind of thrawnish if not harder. I’m not complaining, just saying tier 6&7 are rough.

I have a similar team comp and gear lvl as you and I was able to beat it. My boba and Greedo are g11, ig g10 and I only had a zeta on Bossk lead. So I’m sure you can do it. It still took a crap load of rng and about 30 tries so don’t give up.
  • ThrakenLuap69
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Tier 5, 5*
    Boba L g11, IG88 g11, Zam, Greedo, Bane g8 +24% potency cross on all. Boba potency was 107.08%. Kill chewy first. Stun han. Use ig88 aoe.
    6yuqhatj967o.png
    q9yolibk0yak.png

• Boba L g11, IG88 g11, Zam, Greedo, Bane g8 +24% potency cross on all. Boba potency was 107.08%. Kill chewy first. Stun han. Use ig88 aoe.
    6yuqhatj967o.png
    q9yolibk0yak.png

Uh oh, that's not T7 of the event, is it?
  • Also, for those with a zeta lead bossk, but your supporting cast are fairly weak:

Give everyone as many protection primary mods as possible to make up for the lack of gear tier. I have seen people beat 7* by even taking off a speed arrow on a gear 9 character for a protection arrow. This event isn't necessarily about speed...it can be beaten slowly and methodically
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Just got 7* Chewie!

G12 zBossk lead - 203 speed
    G12 Boba - 272 speed
    G11 Zam - 250 speed
    G10 Cad Bane - 169 speed
    G9 Dengar - 141 speed

Took a few tries to get a good setup, and I feel I got really lucky.

Han stunned Boba at the beginning. After Chewie did his AoE, it put Dengar in stealth, so R2's smokescreen did nothing. Lando and ROLO did their AoEs, then I got some turns.

Zam threw grenades, then Bossk used Hunting Party to stun chewie and spam damage on him. I used Cad Bane to stun Han, and Dengar to toss more grenades.

Zam's next turn, she went down the line, shooting all the detonators, and then applied more. (more valuable because each detonator application or resist heals my team).

Focused fire on Chewie, Han blasted Zam out of existence, then another hit on Chewie fulfilled Bossk's contract, Boba executed Chewie, and the house of cards started to fall.

Hope this helps!
  • 7*
    zBoba lead
    Bossk
    Dengar
    Greedo
    Dengar
    All G12
    Was trying bossk lead but the extra damage with boba lead got it done
  • That is the best strategy at all tiers. I’ll add:
    All BH must survive first onslaught
    R2 cannot use smoke screen
    If you have dengar enter stealth is key to stop r2s smoke screen.
    Take down chewy then Han then lando
  • Going after Chewbacca first makes a huge difference. I was getting nowhere in trying to activate a bounty on tier V, now managed to clear tier VI, so thank you to whoever posted that.
    Went with zBoba (l) g9, zZam (g10; zeta because I didn’t read the description properly before investing in it...), IG-88 g11, Dengar and Greedo g9. All 7 star. Speed between 150 and 210. Spammed detonators and got lucky that Boba wasn’t stunned or ability blocked.

Will keep gearing and trying tier VII ... and praying probably...
  • Just beat it. zzBossk lead, IZ88, Dengar, Bobba, Greedo all G12. As said above. You must survive the first onslaught. If Bossk gets ability blocked first turn you will lose as he will not taunt. Chewie has to go down first. I only had arena mods on iG88 as I run him in arena. Took me 20-30 tries.
  • Got 5* Chewie (so far tier-6 is kicking my A5S!) using the following OG BH squad:
    zBoba(L) G10 7*, IG-88 G11 7*, Greedo G9 7*, Zam G9 6*, and Dengar G7 5*

I changed up their mods to go for as many Potency mods as I could that also had at least 1 of Speed, Health, and/or Protection secondaries so that Boba's lead would convert the potency into more health for all 5 of the squad even though I wasn't actually aiming for high-potency-stick-rate.

As others have mentioned I found I beat it only after I switched my tactics over from trying to get the Payout by killing Han to instead trying to kill Chewie first after Dengar had been critically hit in round-1 and gone stealth which thus stopped R2 from stealthing the whole enemy squad.
  • masternikolaos
    101 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This is what did it for me for the 7-Star unlock. It took A LOT of tries. The stuns worked wonders. Cad Bane, Dengar, and Bossk for that. Worked on Chewie first and then everything evolved from that. Watching R2, the last toon standing, explode from Dengar's thermals was very, VERY satisfying :smiley:lidt3df3tdeg.jpg

Also, I really liked the cinematic. I just wish there was a way to choose to skip it during retries.
  • This is what did it for me. It took A LOT of tries. The stuns worked wonders. Cad Bane, Dengar, and Bossk for that. Worked on Chewie first and then everything evolved from that. Watching R2, the last toon standing, explode from Dengar's thermals was very, VERY satisfying :smiley:lidt3df3tdeg.jpg

Also, I really liked the cinematic. I just wish there was a way to choose to skip it during retries.

What star level?
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Chewie has to go down first.
    ...that's what ROLO said :p

• ShaggyB wrote: »
    This is what did it for me. It took A LOT of tries. The stuns worked wonders. Cad Bane, Dengar, and Bossk for that. Worked on Chewie first and then everything evolved from that. Watching R2, the last toon standing, explode from Dengar's thermals was very, VERY satisfying :smiley:lidt3df3tdeg.jpg

What star level?

7-Star