Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• Premise 1: We've never had any legendary event REQUIRE more than gear 9 or some mix of g8 and zetas/good mods to be able to complete it at 7 stars. You can't disagree with that premise because we have actual factual evidence to support it.

Premise 2: The statement from the devs about thr difficulty never indicated such a steep jump straight to g12 assuming you're using OG bounty Hunters. Simply saying something is going to be more difficult is not the same as flat out saying it's going to require almost maxed toons. From premise 1 we can clearly see that 9 is the basis there for it's safe to assume that 10-11 should suffice, g12 is the highest tier we have and quite a HUGE gap from gear 9.

Premise 3: You can't expect people to have a 7 star and we'll geared Bossk based on how long he's been farmable. It seems like Bossk may be the key to a 7 star unlock and even so he seems to require g12 and zeta. I've farmed Bossk since day 1 that he became farmable and I'm sitting at just under 6 stars and I would say I've been generally lucky with his shard drops.

Based on all 3 premises I think it's safe to say that the event is hard without dropping some cash on gear and shards. The jump from g9 to g12 with mandatory zetas is excessive and I think people need to stop acting like it's f2p fault for complaining.

P.S. Nobody cares about 5-6 stars any more, 5-6 star characters can't get to g12, can't be equipped with 6 dot mods and can't participate in heroic raids. I suspect Chewbacca will improve chex mix significantly which another advantage that goes to p2p for raid competitiveness...
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Your choices are completly controled by you. Nothing and no one forced you to farm anything. You don’t even have to play the game if you don’t want to, let alone farm a character against your will.

This and this and this.

• Just got a 6* chewy.
    Took me 29 tries. Need to wait for great rng

6* Bossk g11 no zeta
    7* Boba g10 no zeta
    7* Cad g7 no zetas
    7* greedo and dengar g8 no zetas
    Decent mods but not arena
    All skills max and omega except for greedo all 6s

Bossk lead

Take out chewy first
    Then Han then lando and it’s easy depending on if rolo is stealthed or not.

So for all those folks whining expecting it on first attempt. Put in some effort and have a bit of fun with the challenge.
  • MuCuS wrote: »
    Just got a 6* chewy.

6* Bossk g11 no zeta
    7* Boba g10 no zeta
    7* Cad g7 no zetas

Bossk lead

Take out chewy first

So for all those folks whining expecting it on first attempt. Put in some effort and have a bit of fun with the challenge.

If you have Bossk, don't even bother posting. Everyone knows he is the must-have of this event.
  • It’s doable without bossk as someone else said. Just got 7* chewy with g12 boba (L), g12 greedo, g11 dengar, g9 zam, and g9 cad. Took about 200 tries I’d say. No zetas. Arena mods. Kill order chewy then Han then lando then rolo then r2. I am f2p btw.
    w0vsac9wlp4d.png
    y8266lynr3km.png
  • Lol 5* is impossible for me. My team has much higher gear and much better mods than the teams that beat other legendary events at 7* easily.
    I expected hard, not "recommended g11 or above" for 5*. Ridiculous. Can't wait to see videos of the mythic event in the future. What will that be, "recommended gear 20"?
  • Lol 5* is impossible for me. My team has much higher gear and much better mods than the teams that beat other legendary events at 7* easily.
    I expected hard, not "recommended g11 or above" for 5*. Ridiculous. Can't wait to see videos of the mythic event in the future. What will that be, "recommended gear 20"?

Nah that'll be "recommended: credit card"
  • Raga wrote: »
    I'm genuinely a bit sad to be honest, I had hoped that this would be a decent event for CG to demonstrate they are back on board with the community, and more importantly, to give the community a reason to be behind them.

I am not about flaming or raging at every step and generally just browse the forum but I have defended this event "only needing bounty hunters" in Guild chat as being a genuine effort by CG to show willing. Turns out it seems to be quite a sly move and now I'm considering where we all stand. Gear 11 to unlock at 5*? Is that where we are at now? Look, I appreciate that you are trying to make us progress CG, but give us a bloody fighting chance. Alongside farming for HSTR and cargo ships and smugglers run events, as well as progressing for TB and TW and all the rest, most of the bounty hunters in game require so much log jammed gear that getting them to gear 10 is an achievement for most, never mind beyond. I even cynically opened the store and was surprised not to see a "Gear Pack" for sale for this event.

I am not saying that I wanted this event to be a walk over or to be simple. I genuinely wouldn't be mad about a Gear 12 recommendation for 7*, but come the hell on, your two flagship characters (Jedi Rey and Commander Luke) dont require anything like this level of investment.

Agree. Especially since it seems they weren't factoring in how the poor design of t1-6 sith meant we were all falling massively behind the whale guilds in terms of gear acquisition. This was their chance to prove that they understood the massive design flaws of the sith raid and wouldn't repeat going forward.

G12 being optimal is fine but I'm not getting any incentive to try hard when my g11 toons get butchered before they take a turn even at 200+ speed. Especially since that means it's almost impossible to trigger their contracts in time to make a difference which was the big to do with the whole reworks. I don't see a point of swapping arena mods on since the speed boost would be negligible since it likely means 2 turns before dying instead of 1...
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    We where fooled... Again. We had the ol' bait and switch pulled on us, but should we really be surprised?

Anytime a legendary event comes around we get minimal notice, go into panic farm mode to hopefully unlock at 5* and work from there, this time around it completely different.

We where told "any 5 bounty hunters".. Show me anyone who did teir 7 with the OG BH's.. Likely you can't unless they have God mods on the.. What cg ment to say was... You can use any 5 up to teir 5, then you will definately need bossk, embo and aurra are highly recommended...

Previous legendary events where somewhat of a challange, but not like this. Yes they said it would be a challange, but this is is a whole new level. Previous events would be ok up to teir 7.. Then, teir 7 is where you need better mods, gear, etc..

At this point, I'm not even mad, more disappointed that a company of this size is so out of touch with their player base, that they are more concerned with their bottom line then actually pleasing their customers. What little confidence I had left is gone. You really just proved that your words mean Jack and that we cannot believe anything you say.

Panic farming is one thing, having the packs available is one thing.. But how many people bought the packs to get that boost only to find out that it's not even remotely close to being enough?

What say you?

I'm not even gonna bother. My 80k bh team with decent mods cannot get past teir 5 (I die before I even get a shot off)

Two guys in my guild beat it with Boba lead and no Bossk. I’m sorry you didn’t gear up characters that have been ftp in the game for multiple years. You can gear them and get Chewie next time.
  • I don't have Dengar at 5*, but I have the other OG BHs at 7*, Boba at G11, IG at G10 and the others at G9. I have Bossk at G8 and 5* and I have a zeta ready. Would zetaing Bossks lead help with just unlocking Chewie, or just wait until next time for him? I know I won't 7* him this time, but I at least want him unlocked.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    Bounty hunters :
    4 pilots for 4 unique ships
    2 tb missions
    Tw defense
    An assault battle
    Heists
    2 special bounty events
    A legendary event

They are now one of if not the most important/rewarding faction to work on.

I started working on bossk as soon as i could since i wanted wampa shards on the bounty event (20 wampa shards = 5400 get, great value).
    Won’t get 7* chewie this time though. But the fact that a player chose to not invest in bh when they are already so useful and we’ve known for a while that they would be required for difficult events (bounty and now the legendary) is not cg’s responsability by any means.

I’ll admit i was kinda baited by the title. It would seem incredibly disingenuous to blame the game for your own choices.

Disingenuous how? Our “choices” are completely controlled by CG. Saying we have a “choice” on who to farm and gear up is disingenuous. You actually believe you have a “choice” on who to farm and gear? 😂. It’s the illusion of choice.

Your choices are completly controled by you. Nothing and no one forced you to farm anything. You don’t even have to play the game if you don’t want to, let alone farm a character against your will.
    Sorry you have such a hard time taking responsability for your own actions.
    If you chose to invest resources into solo characters instead of bh it’s 100,00% on you. Same goes for everything else in the game. Kotor ? On you. Jtr ? On you. Str team, tb team, tw team, ships, everything is on you.

Now you can say it’s a bad idea to make a legendary that difficult for x or y reason, with arguments. But saying cg made you farm something else thus preventing you to work on your bhs is either delusional or flat out dishonest.
    By the way i got 6* chewie with a g11, 2 g10 and 2 g9, only one zeta. Not that extreme of an investment if you wanted him.

And what toons did you use? Wait, Bossk? 😂

Yes, a 100% ftp, easily farmable 6* bossk. Didn’t even buy a single shard from shipment nor refresh his node once. That’s the choice I made.
  • I was running all 7* G12 zBoba lead, G11 IG, G9 Dengar, G8 Greedo and G8 Cad on Tier 5, getting crushed.

Subbed Cad out and put a 5* Bossk G7 lead in and did it on my 3rd try. Bossk got his stun off and got Chewie low enough to kill off; Boba & Dengar were the only ones left at the end. If R2 gets his smokescreen off at the start, I’d suggest just retreating.
  • Beat Tier 7 with a G12 zBossk, G12 Boba, G11 Zam, G11 Cad Bane and a G7 Dengar. Dengar is absolutely key. He prevents R2 smokescreen, then you kill Chewie and win. Still took a long time and had to go farm Dengar to 7*, but once i subbed in Dengar, I beat it 2nd try, probably due to really good RNG.
  • I don’t see how this can be done easily without Bossk. Wait for next time if you didn’t farm him and are having issues
  • fedeefn4dlez.jpg
    I was able to beat 5 star Chewie with this crap by using arena mods... just need the mods badly.
  • TorukMakto
    33 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    can we get that animation out of the way it is super annoying
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    As proud owner of a 7* Chewbacca, I still say that CG should take it down a notch, as this makes all the other Legendary events look like tutorials, it's insane how much more difficult this is compared to the others
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • The difficulty is normal it's end game content for god sake
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    As proud owner of a 7* Chewbacca, I still say that CG should take it down a notch, as this makes all the other Legendary events look like tutorials, it's insane how much more difficult this is compared to the others

Actually the tutorial (rebel training lv3) is harder than other legendaries...
  • The animation is super annoying and the number of times you are required to reset for perfect RNG is very frustrating.
  • JRS200x wrote: »
    Beat Tier 7 with a G12 zBossk, G12 Boba, G11 Zam, G11 Cad Bane and a G7 Dengar. Dengar is absolutely key. He prevents R2 smokescreen, then you kill Chewie and win. Still took a long time and had to go farm Dengar to 7*, but once i subbed in Dengar, I beat it 2nd try, probably due to really good RNG.

It was really good RNG. I’m still waiting for that to happen. I’m all G12 with originals and both Bossk and Greedo Zetas.
  • Compared to the other legendary events I should have completed this on the first try with my lineup. Super frustrated right now.
  • Maybe i was lucky but i got him 5 star first time

Boba g12 Bane g11 Greedo g10 Dengar g10 and IG88 G9
  • Does anybody have tips for how to improve this squad to beat tier 7 before the event ends? i got through tier 6 in about 10 attempts
    https://swgoh.gg/p/488355697/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters
  • Burritto wrote: »
    When TB came out, it was made very clear that CG wanted all factions to be relevant. I saw CG’s interest in that being the case, but also thought it was fun to add some relevance to troopers and Phoenix and Rogue One, etc...

But instead of, “you may need any faction at any time” the new standard is, “you may need any faction completely maxed at any time”.

I’ve been feeling good about this game. My guild is doing well, I’ve gotten to use the meta team in arena for longer than I ever had before, and I’ve been excited tidying up BHs for Chewie and starting to grind Old Republic hoping for Revan. That excitement just got drained out of me.

I feel like they took the Vets experience from JTR and quadrupled down on it. Don’t just panic farm toons, don’t just swap mods, but have full gear, full omegas, and some zetas to unlock a toon.

This is called work and when I do it, money flows in the other direction.

So, that’s the new standard, friends. If you ever, ever, ever again want to ask, “what gear level do you think we’ll need?”, don’t waste your breath. The answer is clear that full EVERYTHING is now a requirement that has precedent.

You sir, win the comment lifetime achievement award. Tactfully put.
  • This thread needs a soundtrack

https://youtu.be/JiN0Y9Mv62w
  • Bit sad to see the 7 star difficulty being so high.

Recommending gear 12+ means you made it too hard.

My worry here is revan. Kotor toons are all new, are you expecting us to panic farm them to 7 star gear 12+?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    MuCuS wrote: »
    Just got a 6* chewy.

6* Bossk g11 no zeta
    7* Boba g10 no zeta
    7* Cad g7 no zetas

Bossk lead

Take out chewy first

If you have Bossk, don't even bother posting. Everyone knows he is the must-have of this event.

Honestly I think it's more about Dengar if anything...My 7 star G12 zBossk gets shredded during the 6 star unlock along with my G10 Boba, Ig88, & Cad and G9 Greedo...
  • Ztyle wrote: »

This.