Whine free-zone to share Chewie strats :)

Replies

• I've done my complaining in other places so I'd like some advice here
    My bounty hunters atm are Boba, greedo, cad and ig88, all 7* and zam (47/65)
    All gear 8
    How likely is it I can unlock before the event ends?
    I don't have god mods but I'll move my best over
    I'm aiming for 7* when he returns, willing to put all other farms on hold to achieve this
    I usually land around 120 in both arenas but can get into top 100 if I'm free before payout and am entirely f2p
  • Anyone done it without dengar? Mine is 4 Star g6 lol. But I got zzz Bossk g 12
    Boba Fett g12
    iG 88 g11
    Cad bane g11
    Greedo g10

All omegaed to the max.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    image0.png
    image1.png
    image2.pngimage3.png
    image4.png
    image0.png
    The Trick for me was to wait for an RNG that didn't had my Bossk stunned and R2 didn't smoke
    then use Hunting party on Chew, Used IG88 basic, Dengar AOE, and kept focusing on Chew till he was down, then Lando>Han>Leia>R2
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I've done my complaining in other places so I'd like some advice here
    My bounty hunters atm are Boba, greedo, cad and ig88, all 7* and zam (47/65)
    All gear 8
    How likely is it I can unlock before the event ends?
    I don't have god mods but I'll move my best over
    I'm aiming for 7* when he returns, willing to put all other farms on hold to achieve this
    I usually land around 120 in both arenas but can get into top 100 if I'm free before payout and am entirely f2p

I think you can unlock you may need some upgrading before the end of the event. there are a lot of strategies popping up. Keys seem to be first, use Dengar to prevent them from going stealth or wait for the RNG of R2 not using smokescreen. Second kill Chewy first.

I also recommend staying away from AOEs as they just cause retaliation.
  • Anyone done it without dengar? Mine is 4 Star g6 lol. But I got zzz Bossk g 12
    Boba Fett g12
    iG 88 g11
    Cad bane g11
    Greedo g10

All omegaed to the max.

You should be able to get at least 6* with that. Thats way better than my team, but I did have Dengar. Kill Chewie or Lando first. Chewie if you can.
  • @Hikari my dengar is only 3*,went with zam instead thinking her being in 2 stores would be quicker
    Considering going all in on bossk, could maybe manage 2 refreshes a day and praying embo goes to cantina
    Or should I just gear the hell out of what I've got?
  • Got 7* chewy.

g12 boba(L), g12 greedo, g11 dengar, g9 cad, g9 zam. No zetas. Arena mods (boba was at 288 speed, greedo at 75% cc, everyone over 230 speed). Took approximately 150-200 tries.

Strategy:
    Restart if anyone dies in initial onslaught (except boba, you can recover if he loses BH resolve).
    Restart if r2 gets stealth up on others.
    Execute on chewy with boba, restart if he doesn't crit (should do over 50k damage with 4 buffs on chewy).
    Detonators with zam and mine mayhem with dengar. The more detonators the merrier.
    Stun someone with cad.
    Hopefully when greedo goes there is a bad guy with near-full TM. If so, reduce their TM. Then greedo should go again, you want him to chain attack chewy so that he almost dies but doesn't quite die (you want to finish him off with boba to regain BH resolve). I guess you probably could still win if he dies, as long as you get another kill with boba soon.
    Then kill han asap. By now at least 2 of your guys will be dead.
    Do your best to finish off lando and rolo, if boba dies make sure you get finishing blow with him to regain BH resolve.
    R2 last.

Hopefully you have a lot of free time if you want to beat this without zBossk, but it is possible.
  • I was finally able to do it with the following squad:

hscraq6odzdw.png
    mffa9qfqyzoq.png
    lnutdr4sphb9.png
    45xneabnkrsg.png
    rci395y4qmqx.png

Boba was hit first but it also put Dengar into stealth. I was able to taunt with Bossk and then, somehow, Chewie went down really quick. After that, I just picked them off one by one Han, Leia, Lando, R2.

The number of restarts is awful due to the RNG of who gets hit first and if you can survive the first salvo with all of your characters. I did lose Boba but he rezzed after Chewie died. After that, I didn't lose anyone else.

Took about 25 - 30 total tries.

• Got 5* Chewie

Boba(L) 7* G9
    Greedo 7* G8
    Cad 6* G8
    Dengar 6* G9
    IG-88 6* G8

Restart like crazy until R2 fails to stealth and most of their attacks hit Boba, then kill Han first to complete contract then Chewie->Lando->Leia->R2.
  • @Hikari my dengar is only 3*,went with zam instead thinking her being in 2 stores would be quicker
    Considering going all in on bossk, could maybe manage 2 refreshes a day and praying embo goes to cantina
    Or should I just gear the hell out of what I've got?

Embo will not be in reach for this run. Personally I would put Boba as your lead and gar what you have. you are only shooting for an unlock this go around and you can get there with him.
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    7*

L: zBossk G12
    Dengar g12
    Embo g12 (non crit zeta)
    Greedo g12
    Boba g12

No G12 or g12+ pieces. No arena mods, just +5 to +10 speed secondaries.

Key is RNG to get Dengar critically hit so he prevents r2 to stealth the team.
    Then remove buffs on Han and drop him and Lando to limit the burst damage.

Then grind it out
  • Based on this feedback - I’m going to continue to gear Boba - he’s my weak link at G8.5 - if I can get him to G10.5+ before the event is up - I’ll move Arena mods across and try for 5*.
    6 days for 2 or 3 more Omegas and G10+ should be doable.

If it fails —> going to push Boba to G12, Dengar, Zam, Greedo, Cad Bane to G11. Try and get them all fully Omega’d & try again in 3-4 months.

Thanks again for so many replies!
  • BOUNTYLOVER
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I used the following to get 6*

zBossk (lead) - G11
    zBoba Fett - G12
    Cad Bane - G11
    IG88 - G11
    Greedo - G9

RNG dependent but took out R2, Han, Leia, Lando, Chewie in that order. In the end Bossk, Boba, and Cad Bane lived to tell the tale.

The contract payout was key.

No comment on T7 since Bossk is 6* for me.

Maybe that helps someone.
    Boba Fett g12
    iG 88 g11
    Cad bane g11
    Greedo g10

All omegaed to the max.

Dengar is an absolute necessity IMO. You need him to prevent R2 from stealthing everyone.
  • I don't think he's a necessity, but it definitely makes it much easier based on his stealth block.

There are plenty that have 7*'d Chewie without him. And some who have while also using him as leader too.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I don't think he's a necessity, but it definitely makes it much easier based on his stealth block.

There are plenty that have 7*'d Chewie without him. And some who have while also using him as leader too.

I should clarify. He is necessary if you don't have the more recent bounty hunters like Bossk.
  • I did with boba lead, greedo, dengar (all G12) and zam/ig88 (G11)

Tryed a few times with their crap mods, then swiched to arena mods (arround 100 speed and cross/circle proteccion) and got it at first try.
    Killed chewaca first (boba execute helped), then lando, han (another help from execute) leia and r2. Zam and igg died early in the fight (they did an attack before die xD) and dengar detonators were so important.

All omegas but no Zs
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I don't think he's a necessity, but it definitely makes it much easier based on his stealth block.

I should clarify. He is necessary if you don't have the more recent bounty hunters like Bossk.

I am not sure why you think he's necessary (og bg setup), you restart until r2 doesn't stealth his team. What am I missing?
  • Finally. I did it. 7* completed with:

zBossk (L) G11 speed+86
    Boba G12 speed+120
    Greedo G11 speed+113
    Dengar G11 speed+90
    ig-88 G12 speed+59

Moved arena mods over to get top speeds. If R2 stealths team, retreat. You want Boba or Bossk to take Han’s opening shot/stun. Your next move is to take down Chewie. Hit him with Boba’s execute to remove buffs or Bossk’s middle attack “hunting party” to stun. After you use hunting party, you’ll want to get Bossk’s taunt off ASAP on his next turn. His taunt keeps your team alive. You’ll need to use dengar to re-stun Chewie while dwindling his health down. Ability block with IG-88 and Boba when possible. Once Chewie is down:

Kill Lando, (stun Han if dengar or Bossk has available)
    Then kill Han
    Then Leia
    Then R2.

It took me about 100 tries before I switched to arena mods, then it took about 10 runs with RNG.

Good luck everyone. This event was incredibly frustrating.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

I am not sure why you think he's necessary (og bg setup), you restart until r2 doesn't stealth his team. What am I missing?

Pretty sure R2 always stealths his team. You need Dengar to prevent that.
  • Armatores
    248 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Bossk g12 L zeta
    Bobba g12
    Greedo G11 - zetaed for stun Chewi
    Dengar g11 - preventing enemies from stealth
    Cad Bane g9 - as backup stunner
    Mediocre mods (didn't switched any of them) average +60 speed
    Waited for good RNG when Dengar entered stealth and blocked r2 stealth, all alive, fired a rocked at Chewi, stunned him with Greedo, then finished him without even Cad Bane help. Rest is very easy.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

Pretty sure R2 always stealths his team. You need Dengar to prevent that.

I had a couple of times where R2 actually started with his burning skill first instead of stealth. Unsure what causes the AI to make that decision, but I saw it.
  • Thanks to the tips on this thread - just unlocked Chewie at 5* with
    G8 Boba, G8 IG88, G9 Greedo, G9 Zam, G9 Cad Bane
    No Omegas , No zetas
    I’m really glad I started this thread!! :)
    v1uiv8gjzrzw.jpeg
    jko3qcv9mq68.png
  • @Shadowscream
    Congratulations! If I could farm enough Bossk shards in 7 days I might join you. Currently 30 away from 5*...
  • Kill chewy first. That’s all the advice I can give
  • I got 7* chewy with this,
    ps6pv9dr18uu.jpg
  • 5* cleared with bag of bolts:
    Boba (L) G9
    IG-88 G11
    Greedo, Zam, Cad - G8

Moved my best Potency and Speed mods over. Focussed on Chewie first, lost Boba really early, but with some prot and health on IG-88 survived a few attacks and got 2 specials in. That made the difference and I beat it on the 3rd try.

Won't try for 6* without G12 and Bossk though!!
  • 5* cleared with bag of bolts:
    Boba (L) G9
    IG-88 G11
    Greedo, Zam, Cad - G8

Moved my best Potency and Speed mods over. Focussed on Chewie first, lost Boba really early, but with some prot and health on IG-88 survived a few attacks and got 2 specials in. That made the difference and I beat it on the 3rd try.

Won't try for 6* without G12 and Bossk though!!

Scroll up....several posters above have done without Bossk, but they seem (mainly)to have:
    1) G12 Boba
    2) Dengar
    3) All Omegas But no mandatory Zetas.
    4) Intelligent modding
    5) Good RNG and kill Chewie first.
    Have a look at the posts above - I’m sure Bossk makes it easier and likewise for Zetas, but it’s unlikely I’ll have him at 7* in 3 months time, whereas G12 Boba and G11 others including Dengar is much easier.
  • Lilpup wrote: »
    Boba lead is the best IMO for under geared toons. Remember, you gain a max health equal to 50% of the total potency of all bounty hunters, so when you mod them by focusing on adding a potency cross to all bounty hunters and as many potency 2 piece sets as you can, you really help boost their health to where they can absorb more damage. You really just need to stay alive until the payouts proc and them you can wipe em out.

Thanks to you I got him on 6* :D
    My Toons looks like gabage and I wasn‘t expecting much! 😅