Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• I unlocked Chewbacca at 5*, which was my goal. If I can get Bossk to 6* by the end of the event, I’ll try that.
  • I knew I lacked the ability to 7 star Chewie.
    I was going to rush the last few shards of Bossk to unlock Chewie at 5 stars.

But what would be the point?

I cannot upgrade a team of 5 star toons to Gear 11in a single week.

Guess this is not for me.
  • I understand the ire here, but I appreciate those making the effort to guide non-Bossk and low gear teams to some sort of victory. I'm in a guild with very accomplished players who weren't invested in BHs the way a few of us were, and they're at a loss. I thought my stable was fairly impressive until I ran into that 5s battle, and I feel like I won it sheerly out of dumb luck. I'm going to call myself fortunate if I can manage to get Chewy to 6s before end of the week.

I don't think you have to be P2P to win this, but you did have to be invested in and believe in BHs. When everyone else was making an awesome Resistance team, I was too busy trying to reenact 1:05:16-57 of ESB!
  • CG misses the open layup AGAIN! Seriously there is zero reason other than cash grab to create legendary events that are this much harder than the previous events. How do you go from needing gear 8-10 to complete these events to needs gear 12 minimum to complete this new event. Why change the goal post other than to screw your player base. It's no longer a character farm, it's a gear farm, which sucks because they have avoerloaded us with hard node characters, so I can't even use my energy to farm gear.
  • They did warn us that this one would be hard... but wow. As they roll around in all the new $$$, I vow to never panic farm again.
  • Well I got 5* Chewie without needing to Zeta Bossk. That's exactly what I was hoping for and not even gonna bother with T6. I'll get him maxed next time. Got 4 months to G12 all my BHs.
  • Well its a tough one alright, I used well geared OG BH (Dengar, greedo, Zam, IG88 and Bobba) Bobba and IG88 at gear 12.

Managed to get a 6 star, and to be honest i never expected more that 6 star at most so fairly happy.

However if i think back to JTR i needed her for the sith raid and i was ready so i spent a little to finish OB, this was the second time around as ive never been ready for the first time around, opened the wallet, spent a little and went away happy with JTR.

This event is too tough i think, but not for the reasons most seem to be shouting about, but its too tough for me to even contemplate buying Bossk, because that would not be enough, i think its too tough from a CG perspective as i doubt so many people will open wallets as it wont help, shot themselves in the foot this time as they wont make as much cash as they may have planned because there is no point in buying a char without having it at max gear.

Not to worry, mine will all be G12+ when it comes around next, but with my wallett intact
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    That was just not fun at all. This is a GAME and is supposed to be fun, isnt it? T4 was just insanely easy. T5 shredded my 76K BH squad of Boba (L), Dengar, Zam, Bane, 88. The first couple of battles the opening move popped two of my guys before I blinked. Not what I expected at all compared to past Legendary events.

OK, lets move/add mods around. A little better, I am at least standing after the opening move.

OK, RNG is Really what this needs. Forget skill at the moment. Lets start doing the retreat train and seeing that annoying intro over and over and over.

Started getting both annoyed and amused about 30 minutes in so kept track. 38 restarts, 12 actual battles once I got a somewhat OK start. Just to get Chewie unlocked at 5*...

That is complete nonsense. I've been playing since the month after the game launched. I have 3.3M GP, can place top 20 in Arena and have a good guild. This event was so unlike any other Legendary event it was a joke. I do not expect a 7* Chewie at my BH level. That is not a complaint at all. The issue is the T5 level and just how RNG dependent the event is to even get a move off.

Again - this is a GAME. The "game" is really getting out of hand lately.
  • Got a 6* Chewie with:
    9jobkojq975k.jpeg

Next time I’ll be ready. If Jedi Luke is coming with Heroes Journey and we need him at 7*, he’ll come back (just like bb8 and r2).
    Bounty Hounters are highest priority from now on...
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Recommending gear 12+ means you made it too hard.

Eh?

Why?

• The problem isn't the difficulty, the problem is that it is far too reliant on RNG. Sometimes I start and lose 4 of my guys before they even get to go and other times I lose nobody.
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    As proud owner of a 7* Chewbacca, I still say that CG should take it down a notch, as this makes all the other Legendary events look like tutorials, it's insane how much more difficult this is compared to the others

I think everyone should expect this difficulty for all legendaries going forward. The bar has now been set.
  • The problem isn't the difficulty, the problem is that it is far too reliant on RNG. Sometimes I start and lose 4 of my guys before they even get to go and other times I lose nobody.

Them's the breaks...

• Rhunne wrote: »
    We where told "any 5 bounty hunters".. Show me anyone who did teir 7 with the OG BH's.. Likely you can't unless they have God mods on the.. What cg ment to say was... You can use any 5 up to teir 5, then you will definately need bossk, embo and aurra are highly recommended...

Who says everyone should 7* every Legendary the first time it comes around? I did it with BB-8, but that’s because I was an early adopter of Resistance and liked the Trooper a lot.

The average player is supposed to unlock the Legendary the first time and max it the second. It’s okay to be average.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Lol 5* is impossible for me.

For now.

Which is the whole point of the game. You now have a choice, if you want Chewie - spend some money, or spend some resources...and next time it will not be impossible!

• Rhunne wrote: »
    We where told "any 5 bounty hunters".. Show me anyone who did teir 7 with the OG BH's.. Likely you can't unless they have God mods on the.. What cg ment to say was... You can use any 5 up to teir 5, then you will definately need bossk, embo and aurra are highly recommended...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9jd0ve/how_to_beat_7_chewie_with_og_bhs_and_g11_and_a/
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    As proud owner of a 7* Chewbacca, I still say that CG should take it down a notch, as this makes all the other Legendary events look like tutorials, it's insane how much more difficult this is compared to the others

I think everyone should expect this difficulty for all legendaries going forward. The bar has now been set.

I’m sure it depends on how hard it is to farm everyone to 7*. If this event required 5 Solo toons I bet it wouldn’t be near this hard, because the panic farm would be for shards, not gear. Because this can be done with characters we’ve had forever they made it so you basically have to max those characters to do it. Which is ok IMO.
  • Why is it such a ridiculous notion to have a “very difficult” legendary event?

Yes this is hard to 7*. You need lots of gear and speed on your BH... which they warned us we would. This is more difficult than previous events and I don’t think that’s bad.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Why is it such a ridiculous notion to have a “very difficult” legendary event?

Because...

A lot of people these days seem to feel by the very nature of their existence they are entitled to anything they want, whenever they want it, with no effort or expense on their part.

Way of the world these days sadly.

• b06af3tt
    76 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    RNG all the way

Bossk 2z, Fett 1z, Zam, Greedo, & dengar all g12
  • I got to 6* and had to level Cad today and move mods around. I've also been investing in BH like Bossk for weeks and weeks. I think this is a very hard legendary - but I also recall Thrawn being very challenging (but I had junk Phoenix) and RNG dependent. I want a 7* Chewie but in my mind thinking back to how impactful CLS and JTR have been - and even how critical all the other legendary are - I am ok with Chewie being hard to get if he is next/last piece to Jedi Luke or some amazing character to come later. I don't want everyone to just get these toons if they haven't made the investment - either time or money.

What is frustrating is when these challenges are so RNG dependent. It also seems like Dengar is a key piece to many's success and he is a pretty tough grind/somewhat ignored character. Not saying he is required but sounds like he makes the fight manageable and not sure he was on everyone's must have list. Make it challenging some other way versus just preloaded TM and insane speed.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Only 5* for me ::frowny-face::
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »

I made a thread about why this was bad for the game. It got deleted.
  • The thing I don't care for in this new "model" is that 5 is so incredibly easy - and then then difficulty for 6 and 7 ramp up exponentially. I get that letting people have the unlock is cool and all, but it just seems silly to have people have all 5 survive tier 5, only to get the floor wiped with the same team in tier 6 before any of them even move.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Jaconis wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

I made a thread about why this was bad for the game. It got deleted.

You mean this one? Doesn't look like it was deleted to me.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183248/marquee-and-legendary-schedule#latest
  • How is my 7 star G12 zBossk with 78% tenacity stunned for 95% of the fight??? It's absolutely ridiculous...
  • The most irritating thing about the event is that it makes the contracts and payouts mechanic useless. IF you can survive long enough for ANY of the contracts to payout, you've likely already won.
  • I just beat the 7* one with Boba Lead!!! So excited! Only took 5 hours.

Boba G12 (L)
    Greedo G11
    Cad G11
    Zam G10
    Dengar G9

https://swgoh.gg/p/932681677/
  • Just beat 5* with
    G8 Boba(l), G8 IG88, G9 Zam, G9 Cad Bane, G9 Greedo
    No Omegas No Zetas.
  • I seem to recall getting Thrawn with not so great Pheonix. I mean combined they are only at about 72k and that was prior to me knowing good mod strategy and I've actually increased gear ab it since then too.

That aside what is annoying me lately about this is I have about 85k GP BH squad of all OG. I don't expect it to be easy. I RNG'd past tier 5 and tier 6 is a nightmare. But again back to the most annoying thing, when I manage to get a stun on someone and they are literally the next person to attack. Like the stun did nothing. I see them freeze and see stun applied and instead of me going next, or any other character on their team, they go next. Tell me how that is possible? I'll admit I don't know all the game mechanics but this one amazes me.