Anyone beat 7* chewie w/o either Dengar or Bossk?

Prev13
I don’t have either at or near 7*, just wondering if I should bother trying to gear up my other BH to try to beat t7. Right now I’m at G12 boba, 11 cad, 10 greedo and ig-88 and 8 Zam. Haven’t beat T6 yet, but gave up after only a few tries. Expect I could get 6* before the event ends with minimal gear addition, just wondering if it’s worth it to gear Zam or if it’s futile and I should just wait until next round when my Bossk will be 7*.

Replies

• The question here is how many failed attempts are you willing to endure. From what I've experienced myself (I completed tier 5) and read so far, you may be able to, but you have to get insanely lucky.
  • I barely managed after a million tries, without Dengar and low gears but I had Bossk, I don’t think it’s possible without either of them...
  • I dunno if it's possible without either dengar or bossk. Maybe with all g12 and god mods. Probably yes if you have strong embo who can one-shot han. Near your gear levels I doubt it...
  • Can’t really see anyone beating tier 7 without bossk or Dengar. Those two are the lifeline of the group.
  • CYG77
    75 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The thing is you have to kill Chewie fast. Majority of the time, R2 will smoke screen and render Chewie to not be targeted.
    This is the moment where you scrape yourself of the bottom of their shoes and start over 😂
    Dengar is the key to preventing that.
    I've restarted numerous time, just catch R2 not applying the smoke. He's so fast that you still can't kill Chewie before he speeds through his next 2 or 3 turns and gets smoke off anyway.
    So either you need someone with serious high damage or dengar

I ran the following:
    Bossk G12 (z), Cad G11, Greedo G11, Boba G11, 88 G11
    Normally a zeta lead is a waste but not in this case. I'm guessing I'll have to wait and farm Dengar (5 stars)
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    CYG77 wrote: »
    The thing is you have to kill Chewie fast. Majority of the time, R2 will smoke screen and render Chewie to not be targeted.
    This is the moment where you scrape yourself of the bottom of their shoes and start over 😂
    I've restarted numerous time, just catch R2 not applying the smoke. He's so fast that you still can't kill Chewie before he speeds through his next 2 or 3 turns and gets smoke off anyway.

I ran the following:
    Normally a zeta lead is a waste but not in this case. I'm guessing I'll have to wait and farm Dengar (5 stars)

I run the same except my Bobba was G12 and Cad and Greedo G9. If you get the R2 to open without smokescreen start working on chewbacca(get heal immunity too) but when R2 is close to going again make sure you have either Bobba's AOE to ability block him, or Cad's stun or Greedo's TM removal. It's not easy and took me hours trying but I managed to get him!!! Also moved around a lot of mods.
  • I was wondering that as well. I beat 6* with G12 zeta boba, g11 Cad and 88 and g 9 Zam and Greedo. Getting slaughtered with only OG BH. Wondering if gearing will help or no chance without Bossk or Dengar
  • The event is 6 more days, just keep trying. RNG is key, if u get hammered at the start, just quit n retry, dont waste time with a couple bh gone or when r2 smokescreens.
  • CYG77 wrote: »
    Lead zetas are the most useful zetas in the game, benefiting the whole team. (and the uniques who benefit whole team are also great - cls IBAT, R2's, Veers, traya unique)
    zetas like KRU and Bossk that make the whole team much better and more tanky, can make them from MEH, to amazing TW teams, for example.
    this is NOT a waste zeta, even if there's no chewy event
  • Member5973
    127 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I don’t have Dengar and literally everyone I know who has beaten T7 used Dengar. Many of them needed only G9 on Dengar. I have zBossk G12, zJango G12, IG G12, zGreedo G10 and Boba G12. So far it’s impossible. Not hard or very difficult. Impossible. So if you have any chance to get your Dengar 7* G9 do it asap and enjoy your Chewie.

Edit: a guy in my shard runs the CLS+Chewie squad now. To mitigate my frustration I smashed his squad with Bastila, then NS, then Traya and finally BH.
  • I got a 6* Chewie with Boba lead, g12, ig88, g11, Greedo, g9, Dengar, g8, CadBane, G9. Swapped mods from best arena toons, as much speed and offence as poss...just made it...last toon left was Lando, first out Chewie. Tried last tier, waste of time! Need better gear at least!
  • I'm going to repeat what others have said...I don't think, in fact I'm pretty sure, that it's possible to get 7* Wookster without Lizardboy or Bandage.
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    CYG77 wrote: »

I ran the following:

I run the same except my Bobba was G12 and Cad and Greedo G9. If you get the R2 to open without smokescreen start working on chewbacca(get heal immunity too) but when R2 is close to going again make sure you have either Bobba's AOE to ability block him, or Cad's stun or Greedo's TM removal. It's not easy and took me hours trying but I managed to get him!!! Also moved around a lot of mods.

Can you share your mod selection?
    Lead zetas are the most useful zetas in the game, benefiting the whole team. (and the uniques who benefit whole team are also great - cls IBAT, R2's, Veers, traya unique)
    zetas like KRU and Bossk that make the whole team much better and more tanky, can make them from MEH, to amazing TW teams, for example.
    this is NOT a waste zeta, even if there's no chewy event

Yeah that came out very wrong. Lead Zetas are indeed extremely helpful. I was trying to say that my zeta in this case was not enough.
  • zBossk G12 (240) G12 Booba(260), zIG88 G12 (227), Cad bane G11( 211) , Greedo G11 (220).
  • Has anyone been able to beat T7 without Dangar? I have zBossk and Boba at g12, Greedo, Cad, and 88 at g11. After 3 hours and arena quality mods on them i was able to kill Lando 1 time.
  • @Member5973 I beat it fairly easy with G12 Bossk (zeta lead), G12 Boba, G12 88, G11 Cad, & G11 Zam
  • Fairly easy ... I wish I could say so
  • Fredy5
    326 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    don't bother, it's a Whale Event. if you don't have Bossk, just forget it. it's RNG depend and the % of clearing the event without Bossk is the same to drop 330 shard on a marquee event ....
    Without Bossk which give +50% prot and +100 defense. <you won't begin the fight with a full team. even with +700% potency (Boba lead) .... You won't begin the fight even with set mods at +150 speed. There is no strategy, no Game. Only RNG and Luck ....
  • @Member5973 are you using your arena mods? It's definitely doable looking at the squad & gear levels you posted earlier
  • I tried with everything (except Greedo, Aura & Embo).
    I've a 6* Bossk with zeta lead.
    I tried a load of other combos so I could advise other members of my guild. From P5 onwards I really couldn't do anything without putting Bossk as lead.
    I beat P5 & P6 with Bossk... but with no 7* Bossk, my remaining 7* G11 Bounty Hunters (even with my arena mods) get walked over like a team of unmodded and undergeared Ugnaughts against an army of maxed out Thrawns.
    I am more than happy to be corrected, but the OG Bounty Hunters are unlikely to work unless 1. RNGesus blesses your team & 2. Your team is maxed out.
    If any1 knows of anything else, please let me (and in turn my guild) know.
    Happy hunting! :-)
  • Member5973
    127 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Bdschoel wrote: »
    @Member5973 I beat it fairly easy with G12 Bossk (zeta lead), G12 Boba, G12 88, G11 Cad, & G11 Zam

Finally beat it. Glad I don’t need to do this event again. But I was lucky. A 100 times they just wiped the floor with my squad. And this one time AI behaved strangely, giving me the chance to get rid of Chewie and Han within a few turns. Nothing to do with skill or strategy.
  • @Member5973 congrats either way!
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    There is a whole thread about this... I’ll re-route you there for help.
  • Boba(G12)-Dengar(G12)-IG88(G11)-Greedo(G11)-Zam(G9). I had about +80 speed and normal crit chance/speed/crit damage modding + potency crosses. Restarted until dengar was able to block smoke screen. Went straight for the wookie with execute to prevent healing. Endless tries for nearly 2 hours. To make it easier I could have modded all except boba with maxed out potency (as I learned afterwards). Check the video by AhnaldT101 to get idea of the modding, and you can get it easier than me.

So yes, possible without bossk. Probably possible without dengar. Impossible without both. Expect to do a million retries with most of them ending before you get to do anything.
  • Fredy5 wrote: »
    don't bother, it's a Whale Event. if you don't have Bossk, just forget it. it's RNG depend and the % of clearing the event without Bossk is the same to drop 330 shard on a marquee event ....
    Without Bossk which give +50% prot and +100 defense. <you won't begin the fight with a full team. even with +700% potency (Boba lead) .... You won't begin the fight even with set mods at +150 speed. There is no strategy, no Game. Only RNG and Luck ....

Bossk isn't behind a paywall. I'm 100% ftp and managed to get bossk to 7stars before the event started. And I beat the event with g10 bossk zetaed, g12 boba, g11 greedo, and g9 dengar and g9 cad. Hardly need to be a whale to have that team.
  • CYG77
    75 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Fredy5 wrote: »

Bossk isn't behind a paywall. I'm 100% ftp and managed to get bossk to 7stars before the event started. And I beat the event with g10 bossk zetaed, g12 boba, g11 greedo, and g9 dengar and g9 cad. Hardly need to be a whale to have that team.

There is no way you got 7* Chewie with that.
    I'm running G12 zBossk, G11 Boba, G11 Greedo, G11 88, and G11 Cad. I've been waxed accross the floor every attempt I've made. Had one close one where I almost killed Chewie, then got waxed.

If you did, Dengar is a key toon
  • Here’s my story,
    Bossk g12 zeta lead
    Boba g12
    Ig88 g11
    Cad bane g11
    Greedo g11.

I paid only 10€ to get the Bossk pack and had saved all my crystals from both arenas, I finish both in top 5 so that helps pack away the crystals. Bought bossk out of the shop with my crystals to take him to 7* so a shiny gold bossk cost me 10€.

As far as mods go, I gave them all +80 minimum speed mods and paid attention to the set bonus. Crit damage and crit chance on boba, ig, greedo and cad. Offense set with a couple of defense on bossk. I paid attention to high health mods and protection too.

Then came 20 odd tries to 7* chewie. The bossk lead worked better than boba lead and it all came down to RNG deciding when I won. Some fights I barely scratched them, some fights I killed one toon and then when the stars lined up, I managed to nail chewie first, then Han and it was game over.

Sure it’s frustrating but that’s the whole point of legendary events. It took me 100 tries to get EP back in the day so this was actually a lot easier lol.

I love the fact that it takes time and it makes the fight and feeling legendary. As you can see I have average BH toons apart from Bossk. It takes time, it seems hopeless and then it works. When victory flashes on your screen, you feel the relief set in. Yes this is how it’s meant to be and not a simple hand out of a top tier toon. I still don’t have Rey for example and it doesn’t bother me. People worked **** hard to get her with the farming of 2 utterly useless toons like the vets. That was way harder and more costly in crystals and time. Keep the faith and the rng will pay off.
    Fredy5 wrote: »

There is no way you got 7* Chewie with that.
    I'm running G12 zBossk, G11 Boba, G11 Greedo, G11 88, and G11 Cad. I've been waxed accross the floor every attempt I've made. Had one close one where I almost killed Chewie, then got waxed.

If you did, Dengar is a key toon

I have heard dengar is key. He keeps r2 from stealthing at least sometimes. But I did indeed beat it with that. I modded greedo for crit chance above all else to string several attacks in a row. I modded cad mostly for protection to make up for lack of gear. And tried to put protection or health on everyone where possible. It made surviving a little better.

I got a run where my team survived and chewie didn't stealth. I used bossk to taunt, then execute with boba. Then bossk was up again. Used his middle ability to call assists. Greedo hit like 3 or 4 times on that. That got chewie to red then i stunned him with cad. Then got him killed.

After that, it wasn't all that difficult since guard was down. I took out leia, then han, then r2 and lando.

I switched to cad from 88 because even at g11 88 is more squishy.