Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• Was able to get 5 stars with Boba (G12), Cad (G8), IG188 (10), Bossk (9) and Greedo (8) switching in my arena mods to get them all above 200 speed. Took a bit of RNG luck and some careful strategizing but I got it. Now trying 6 stars and yeah, not going well.
  • Just beat tier 7 I’m still mad at the difficulty but relieved. Very stressful event.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The thing I don't care for in this new "model" is that 5 is so incredibly easy - and then then difficulty for 6 and 7 ramp up exponentially. I get that letting people have the unlock is cool and all, but it just seems silly to have people have all 5 survive tier 5, only to get the floor wiped with the same team in tier 6 before any of them even move.

They've never Been very good at scaling difficulty in this game. Usually the jump from tiers is way out of proportion
  • MntMan wrote: »
    I seem to recall getting Thrawn with not so great Pheonix. I mean combined they are only at about 72k and that was prior to me knowing good mod strategy and I've actually increased gear ab it since then too.

That aside what is annoying me lately about this is I have about 85k GP BH squad of all OG. I don't expect it to be easy. I RNG'd past tier 5 and tier 6 is a nightmare. But again back to the most annoying thing, when I manage to get a stun on someone and they are literally the next person to attack. Like the stun did nothing. I see them freeze and see stun applied and instead of me going next, or any other character on their team, they go next. Tell me how that is possible? I'll admit I don't know all the game mechanics but this one amazes me.

You should be aware that they are under a Rebel Officer Leia Organa lead which means they get 30% TM every time they get or resist a debuff. Also Chewie assists evertime Han or Leia attack.
  • Lol 5* is impossible for me.

For now.

Which is the whole point of the game. You now have a choice, if you want Chewie - spend some money, or spend some resources...and next time it will not be impossible!

Actually, after posting that I got 6* chewie. Changed the mods and had extremely good RNG. As someone said, BH are priority #1 from now on.
    But I still think legendary events weren't endgame content before. This is a change.
  • I can’t touch t6 I have boba and ig at g12 dengar at g11 amd zam cad and Greedo at g9 and 10. Everyone is 7* this is such a cash grab it’s insane.
  • Stuck on Tier V myself. Who thought it was a good idea to make us watch the cutscene every time we start the mission? Jesus.
  • I cleared tier 5 with a zBoba lead g12, with IG-88 g11, Greedo and Dengar g9, and Cad Bane g8.

Nothing special mods, mostly with no speed secondaries, and aside from Boba and IG-88 not even fully unlocked abilities - lots and lots of omega's left hanging in this crew.

I'll be honest - I got lucky with the RNG and landed that perfect match, and still only because I was able to use Execute on Chewbacca and wipe him out immediately, and by the end of the match, only Boba was left standing, and only because he kept renewing his Bounty Hunter's Resolve over and over. It was ugly.

• Love the Cloud City setting!

• You should be aware that they are under a Rebel Officer Leia Organa lead which means they get 30% TM every time they get or resist a debuff. Also Chewie assists evertime Han or Leia attack.

That's a good point and worth considering. I guess I hadn't noticed she had the lead, but makes sense. For some reason I had in my head it was Lando hence all the speed since I rarely use my ROLO so didn't even think it was her.

Got my 6 star Chewie by focusing on Chewie first and hitting with rocket first. Before I was so focused on Lando to begin with and had no luck. Changed my strategy and a few short RNG trips later there it was. 7 star may be possible to, but think I need another gear level on both my Zam and Dengar which should be achievable in 6 days. My zeta on BF helped a bit too which was nice.
  • pretty blatant money grab on this event. I have the right amount of recommended toons for this..yet it looks like I'll need 7-star brand new toon just beat tier V....way to hate on the FTP players. This is ridiculous.
  • Also I'd like to add 375.400.425 and that's all I'll say about that. If ya know what I mean.......
  • Release a bunch of BH toons and people are surprised/outraged that you would greatly benefit from these new toons in beating the legendary event.

Of course it's a cash grab, is everyone new here?

This is why I put no resources into Dengar/Zam ahead of all the delicious gear. Will get Chewie later with the BH that work once they're farmable.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    As proud owner of a 7* Chewbacca, I still say that CG should take it down a notch, as this makes all the other Legendary events look like tutorials, it's insane how much more difficult this is compared to the others

I think everyone should expect this difficulty for all legendaries going forward. The bar has now been set.

Here's the thing about bars... if you move them without any reasonable warning, they're not bars at all. The pattern for gear level needed to 7* legendaries is something like: 9, 9, 9, 9, 12+.

You can look at this pattern a million different ways, but it's hard to disqualify a conclusion along the lines of, "it used to be one number, then suddenly jumped to another number".

If there's a bar here, it's "it can be anything we want without notice or predictability", so, yeah, not a bar at all.
  • Zanads wrote: »
    The most irritating thing about the event is that it makes the contracts and payouts mechanic useless. IF you can survive long enough for ANY of the contracts to payout, you've likely already won.

Yep. You know contracts must have taken tons of time to design and test. Tons! They're perfectly suited for a grinding battle where you need to know the kits and the payouts, and can eventually rally and win.

Instead, the event is just enemy speed on steroids and entirely dependent on whom the enemy attacks. What a lazy waste. There's no doubt in my mind that CG had zero (0) idea that endless marquees would result in pushback by the players, so they cranked out a legendary ASAP. Instead of composing a worthy event, they just did the same battle over and over while cranking up enemy stats to an insane degree. This is Atari 2600-level game design.
  • Burritto wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    As proud owner of a 7* Chewbacca, I still say that CG should take it down a notch, as this makes all the other Legendary events look like tutorials, it's insane how much more difficult this is compared to the others

I think everyone should expect this difficulty for all legendaries going forward. The bar has now been set.

Here's the thing about bars... if you move them without any reasonable warning, they're not bars at all. The pattern for gear level needed to 7* legendaries is something like: 9, 9, 9, 9, 12+.

You can look at this pattern a million different ways, but it's hard to disqualify a conclusion along the lines of, "it used to be one number, then suddenly jumped to another number".

If there's a bar here, it's "it can be anything we want without notice or predictability", so, yeah, not a bar at all.

They did give warning that this event would be much more difficult than past legendaries... People just ignored it/down played it and are now upset. Chewbecca has possibly the most worthless PvP kit of all legendaries though.
  • ITT: People that are terrible at the game.
  • 3vgakf9lo6af.png
    Was able to beat 7* round with Boba lead and good RNG. Basically was Boba surviving and regaining his revive over and over. Kill chewie > han > lando or rolo > R2. You want them to focus boba in the beginning for best chance since he has revive.
  • Come on guys, just chill... legendary events have mythic tier, so if they want to introduce the mythic in the future this event will be only a little harder than the other legendaries. G8/9 with a good boba (i have boba g12) and very good mods and it will be easy.

You do realize in mythic you dont use the same team to unlock? Itll be new Chewie and Rebels. So G12+ the new Rebels and pray to RNGesus that BHs dont kill you in 10 seconds flat either.

~D
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    Burritto wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

They did give warning that this event would be much more difficult than past legendaries... People just ignored it/down played it and are now upset. Chewbecca has possibly the most worthless PvP kit of all legendaries though.

"This will be a very difficult event that will require well geared and modded Bounty Hunters"

This said nothing about relativity to past legendaries. Other events are also described as "very difficult" and do not require g12 and multiple zetas.
  • I’ve thought Chewbacca’s event difficulty would be the same as R2’s but it takes more power and strategy to beat him.
    1ojpsgpf2ezi.jpeg
    zx9scpjtp7b3.jpeg
  • Slaythus wrote: »
    3vgakf9lo6af.png
    Was able to beat 7* round with Boba lead and good RNG. Basically was Boba surviving and regaining his revive over and over. Kill chewie > han > lando or rolo > R2. You want them to focus boba in the beginning for best chance since he has revive.

How were you modded for each. My line up is a bit better than yours, but not by much (only g11 BF but with zeta), but I'm all potency with speed secondaries where possible. I got 6 star but 7 star I'm not even getting close to killing off cheiwe at the onset.
  • Slaythus
    40 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    MntMan wrote: »
    Slaythus wrote: »
    3vgakf9lo6af.png

How were you modded for each. My line up is a bit better than yours, but not by much (only g11 BF but with zeta), but I'm all potency with speed secondaries where possible. I got 6 star but 7 star I'm not even getting close to killing off cheiwe at the onset.

Fastest mods i had.
    Boba - CD/Potency Sets, Zam - Potency Sets, Cad - Speed/Potency Sets, Dengar - Speed/Potency Sets, Greedo - Health sets with speed and potency.

Focused on potency cross on all, triangle CD on Boba, CC on Greedo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziStbDWEk5o
  • 7* on the first attempt. zBossk(L) g12 boba g12 greed g11 dengar g12 jango g11. I run BH in arena so I have pretty good mods on them. Got lucky that they were my arena team. Made the event easier. :)
  • whaywar1 wrote: »
    7* on the first attempt. zBossk(L) g12 boba g12 greed g11 dengar g12 jango g11. I run BH in arena so I have pretty good mods on them. Got lucky that they were my arena team. Made the event easier. :)

did you have some doubt with that team? Lol
  • 7* chewy achieved with this team... keep trying guys, you will get it.
  • I'd like to see reports of someone with 5 star G8-9 bounty hunters(even including Bossk) unlocking the 5 star Chewie. That should be reasonable to unlock. Not going to hold my breath though.
  • BucMan55 wrote: »
    I'd like to see reports of someone with 5 star G8-9 bounty hunters(even including Bossk) unlocking the 5 star Chewie. That should be reasonable to unlock. Not going to hold my breath though.

Scroll up....but whatever I’ll post again - I did it with no Omegas, no Zetas:
    js6z3cvkediy.jpeg
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I wish that the intro movie that I’m forced to watch before every attempt wasn’t longer than my actual attempt. (T7)