Whine free-zone to share Chewie strats :)

Replies

• 7* Chewy Obtained

G12 Boba (Had to Zeta him for this)
    G11 IG88
    G11 Greedo
    G10 Cad Bane
    G9 Dengar

Took me 3 hours of constant tried though but finally did it
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Anyone done it without dengar? Mine is 4 Star g6 lol. But I got zzz Bossk g 12
    Boba Fett g12
    iG 88 g11
    Cad bane g11
    Greedo g10

All omegaed to the max.

You should be able to get at least 6* with that. Thats way better than my team, but I did have Dengar. Kill Chewie or Lando first. Chewie if you can.

Thanks. I made it through 5. I really don’t want dengar :(.
  • @Mk2flip what was your strategy. That’s nearly what I have.
  • haysswa1
    169 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I used gear 12 zbossk lead, g12 zfett, g12 z88, g9 dengar and g9 zam for all tiers. On tier 7 I had to put 11k of extra protection on dengar and 88 for surviving the first few salvos. The key for me was to keep restarting until r2 failed to cover everyone with smokescreen and then immediately focusing on chewie. The standard execute then fire at will until dead disregarding contract targets. You eventually get the contracts at some point but don't worry about it. After chewie I took out lando then solo, Leia and finally r2. Zam was gone first then 88. Fett, bossk and dengar was left to finish the job. So if anything that helped me was that I switched my mods around to higher protection because I was getting slaughtered all day before and it I took me 2 trys after the switch. I'm sorry don't know how to link my swgohgg but it's under haysswa and in heralds of galactus guild. Good luck y'all and game on! Edited :I just got bossk to 7* this morning
  • Oh yeah, I really like the one and done battle of this event. Made all those restarts way more manageable. Overall really enjoyed this legendary.
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    haysswa1 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I really like the one and done battle of this event. Made all those restarts way more manageable. Overall really enjoyed this legendary.
    Dunno if it had a couple more stages you'd have the contract activated and turn meter loaded by the final stage so that would help a lot! Probably why they had it be only one stage though ;)

• Zaraos wrote: »
    7* Chewy Obtained

G12 Boba (Had to Zeta him for this)
    G11 IG88
    G11 Greedo
    G10 Cad Bane
    G9 Dengar

Took me 3 hours of constant tried though but finally did it

Zaraos - that is basically my setup but I have not even come close - do you have some info on the mods you are using?
  • I beat Tier 7. Took about 5 retries. My Dengar needs work, so I used Zam. She didn't do much except absorb a few punches. Cad Bane got some key stuns which kept me alive. Had top mods on my BH.
    6jh7u2avwcqg.png

3kv3z7ccrprf.png
  • Mk2flip
    15 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @Mk2flip what was your strategy. That’s nearly what I have.

@DarkHelmetOP I kept restarting until Han stunned anyone but bossk, and R2 didnt stealth on his first turn. Than on bossks first turn used predator instincts, terminate at chewy with boba, stunned chewy with cad, on bossks next turn used Hunting Party on Chewy, that killed him. Than I took out lando until hunting party was recharged and took out Han.

Bossk and boba we're around 220 speed
  • 7* it with the below after losing count of the number of re-tries (that cut scene gets annoying pretty quickly):

G12 Boba Lead - put a Zeta on just to get it done.
    G12 Greedo
    G12 IG-88
    G11 Cad Bane
    G10 Dengar
  • I beat it fairly quickly with

Boba g12
    z88 g12
    Dengar g11
    Cad g10
    Greedo g8.

Potency potency potency.
  • Shaheen wrote: »
    My team is g12 bossk lead with zeta,g12 boba, g11 dengar,g11ig88,g9 zam with zeta ..I gave them my arena mods and gave +25% protection to most characters as much as I could.zwdb9b5poqdx.jpg
    Took me around 3-4 hours to get the best RNG
    My swgoh.gg account is https://swgoh.gg/p/273331476
    My bossk had around 70k ish protection which helped a lot

I had almost the same team but had Greedo instead of IG88, two were g12, g11, two g10. Abandoned immediately when i lost 2 or more at the start and when r2 smokescreened. Took me over 50 tries, Chewy then Han then Leia then LC n r2. Had 2 toons left
  • Mk2flip wrote: »
    I got 7* chewy with this,
    ps6pv9dr18uu.jpg

Could you link your profile so I can see your mods? I'm running the same team and getting my butt kicked
  • idm1msiufk2g.png

Used Boba, Zam, Cad, Ig88, Dengar. All omegas, no zetas, arena level mods. After chewie was gone Han had to go quick, and easy victory after. Beat in 3 tries.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I don't think he's a necessity, but it definitely makes it much easier based on his stealth block.

There are plenty that have 7*'d Chewie without him. And some who have while also using him as leader too.

I should clarify. He is necessary if you don't have the more recent bounty hunters like Bossk.

I am not sure why you think he's necessary (og bg setup), you restart until r2 doesn't stealth his team. What am I missing?

Pretty sure R2 always stealths his team. You need Dengar to prevent that.

I had a couple of times where R2 actually started with his burning skill first instead of stealth. Unsure what causes the AI to make that decision, but I saw it.

It's probably a weighted probability. Like, 90% of the time it'll use smoke screen and 10% of the time burning. A little randomness makes an event harder to gameplan--but, also, helps players a bit because it means the AI will sometimes do things suboptimally.

I have zero proof of this, of course. But I've seen it used in other games to make the game more unpredictable. The AI in EU4, for example, will sometimes decline purely beneficial event results (like inheriting an entire other country) just because if it did that every time, it would get boring eventually. That's why every now and again you look back at the map and wonder, "How did Ulm take over all of Italy?"
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Let's please be respectful of the OP's request and not be snarky by suggesting solutions that aren't in the spirit of their request. :smile:
  • I beat tier 5&6 with:

Boba lead g11
    Ig88 g11
    Dengar g9
    Greedy g9
    Bossk(6*) g8

Took 8 tries on tier 5, but only second on tier 6. Used the same basic strategies outlined here
  • OK so I got T6 done and am hoping that RNG will shine on me. About 3 hours yesterday and another 2 today and no luck so far, but I think it also comes down to mod management. I have:
    (All 7 star of course :smile: )

- G11 Boba - all omega and zeta
    - G9 Dengar - All Omega (Honestly it's 4 more carbs to get to g10. I don't see that happening before event ends so he'll stay G9. Yikes)
    - G10 Greedo - All Omegas. Need 5 more thermal dets and I can see that easily happening before close of event so I will get him to G11 soon.
    - G10 Cad Bane - All Omegas

That leaves me with either using my G8 Zam (Can probably get G9 before event ends) or my G10 IG-88, but he's so squishy. Both are full Omega'd. Not sure which is best.

I feel that with persistence and a lot of RNG love I can make this work, but I'm toying with mods like crazy. Have spent about 7 Million credits moving mods the last 24 hours. My logic is that I probably want as much Potency as possible for survive-ability so I've gone like all Potency mods (all 6 spots with potency cross) for everyone except Boba who I have CC/CD with a potency primary cross.

My problem is that I'm not firing off fast enough I think and not doing enough initial damage to Chewie to hope knocking him down first. Should I pull my speed mods off my arena team and push for 200+ speed on all toons and scrap potency (except the cross)? I've focused on making it a long fight (which it never ends up being) when maybe I should focus on it being a fast fight.

Thoughts? Advice? I'd love to get him 7 star before event ends if only for the fact I know that CG will drop a Heroes Journey soon I'm sure for which to even get the Hero at all you need 7 star Chewie. I mean if I end up with 6 star only then so be it. Ill get it next time for sure, but it would be nice and I'm patient enough to watch that cut scene another 4,372 times.
  • jor0xeuu4nlx.png

Beat tier 7 with this after about 10 hours of trying
  • Mk2flip
    15 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    JerryHello wrote: »
    Mk2flip wrote: »
    I got 7* chewy with this,
    ps6pv9dr18uu.jpg

Could you link your profile so I can see your mods? I'm running the same team and getting my butt kicked

@JerryHello https://swgoh.gg/p/678195128/
  • My RNG luck is rough right now. I mean I occasionally get a situation where I have all 5 BH standing and Dengar is stealthed so no R2 cheese, followed by Greedo standing on point to remove Han TM and then I look at my good pal BF. What's he doing? Sitting there with a stun or ability block.........It's uncanny.
  • So what is the mod and attack strategies for those with zBossk but without Dengar?
    @Mk2flip @Indigø
  • Restart until R2 uses Improvise or Basic on his first turn, then Ability Block R2 instead of ROLO with Boba's AoE? Gotta prevent it somehow. You'll risk getting mass ability blocked by ROLO but what's worse?
  • I obtained 6* Chewy following the guidance posted here. I moved a total of 7 potency mods to 88, Cad and Dengar. Boba led and Greedo. Work the RNG as others have pointed out. I may get 7* by moving my arena mods, we'll see. Thanks folks for the great advice.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • It's unreal how much health is added if you stack potency on a Boba-led team. Can easily have several characters at or over 100% leading to everyone gaining around 50% extra health. Can take an under geared team across the finish line.
  • Obtained 7* with those guys:
    zBossk g12 +121spd (6• mods)
    Boba g11 +91spd
    IG-88 g11 +47spd
    Cad g10 +88spd
    Dengar g8 +87spd
    The main goal was to make as more protection for IG and Dengar as possible cuz otherwise they were always been killed before their first turn. After few attempts and good random with Dengars stealth i've done that and nobody died. The biggest key in all that situation was Dengars stealth and his miniminemayhem cuz those mines recover a very big amounth of health and protection.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Restart until R2 uses Improvise or Basic on his first turn, then Ability Block R2 instead of ROLO with Boba's AoE? Gotta prevent it somehow. You'll risk getting mass ability blocked by ROLO but what's worse?

Boba's AoE will just get you killed by feeding the enemy team TM and counter attacks.
  • ZzBossk gear 12 made it alot easier... Only had to restart about 5-6 times for RNG in last tier
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Restart until R2 uses Improvise or Basic on his first turn, then Ability Block R2 instead of ROLO with Boba's AoE? Gotta prevent it somehow. You'll risk getting mass ability blocked by ROLO but what's worse?

Boba's AoE will just get you killed by feeding the enemy team TM and counter attacks.

Not when he is modded correctly.