Chewbacca event tier VII ideas or success

Replies

• go to the bank and get a loan, thx cg
  • Try to gear fett and greedo slightly more.
  • G12 zzBossk g12 zBoba g11 Greedo g11 Dengar g10 Cad Bane. Lost greedo but managed to beat tier 7 by killing off chewy first then the rest went down easily. Good luck it’s a stressful event.
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Same as most others who have completed it: G12 zzBossk, Boba, zGreedo, G11 Dengar, IG-88. Moved arena mods to them, kill order was Chewie, Lando, Han, Leia, R2. Also got a lucky first hit on Dengar, who stealthed. Still lost IG somewhere down the line though.
  • After a million retries I hit the correct RNG. I moved some pretty good mods on all of them, came close a few times and some hours later I came back and made it!!!
    idbykez1sjom.png
  • Well I did it with this, good RNG, just keep restarting until R2 doesn't stealth at the begining and you don't lose a toon on the opening salvo. And take out Chewy as soon as possible.
    1rhtwn3e2j7y.jpg

https://swgoh.gg/p/678195128/
  • Still waiting to hear a success story without Bossk or Dengar.

There won’t be one
  • Same as many here: Zboskk lead G12, ZFett G12, Dengar G12, Greedo G10, Zam G8 (no omegas on Zam, dropped G12 IG-88 after multiple failed attempts.) Dengar took the first hit and stealthed so R2's smokescreen failed. Hit Chewie with Execute to debuff his healing and a bunch of TD from the crew. Used Greedo to control Han's TM and then wailed on Chewie until dead. After that, Han, which activated my contract. Then Leia, Lando, R2. Lost Zam and Greedo before the contract paid out. Lost Boskk soon after but a good hit with Boba gave him resolve and he and Dengar cleaned up. Took a number of tries (maybe 30) and some mod switching for speed and protection, with potency on Zam and Greedo too. Good luck!
  • Jango didn't do much should be easy replaceable by other g11 toons, but Bossks leadership zeta saved the day

https://swgoh.gg/p/775611615/

2r4nxmn57fwg.jpg

klvu23farmkx.jpg

• I was able to 7 star him without bossk. So it is possible. ZBoba lead, greddo and dengar all g12, g11 cad and ig 88. Took around 20 min worth of trys, killed chewy first, then han, got contracts, then lando and easy from there. Zboba ability did kick in and that helped me beat it, only dengar and zboba lived.

• ZBossk g12 is pretty much mandatory for last tier, done with z g12 bossk, ZIG88 g12, G12 Bobba, G11 Greedo and G11 Cad bane
  • Kill chewy first and keep in mind rolo feeds tm for every resist or debuff

There won’t be one

People have already done it without Bossk. So, clearly your certainty was misplaced in that aspect. I have not seen a 7* completion without Dengar, however, but he's hardly one of the new Bounty Hunters.

There won’t be one
    I have not seen a 7* completion without Dengar, however, but he's hardly one of the new Bounty Hunters.

Clearly you haven't looked in this thread then or at least glanced at two posts above yours. ;)
  • Just beat it using Boba L, 88, Greedo, Zam, Dengar. All g12 and had arena tier mods with 100+ speed on them and it took me over 50 tries to get down the rng. It's totally possible without Bossk, but that means way more tries and heavy on rng.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ltsjustlan l Roster ~ swgoh.gg/p/479461123

There won’t be one

People have already done it without Bossk. So, clearly your certainty was misplaced in that aspect. I have not seen a 7* completion without Dengar, however, but he's hardly one of the new Bounty Hunters.

He's also ridiculously hard to farm since it's RNG for him to appear in the guild store, let alone appear in it consistently...
  • Is anyone else's Bossk getting stun locked non stop? I swear what is the point of Tenacity when it never actually does anything? Debuffs and CC apparently always land on my 7 star G12 Bossk with 78% tenacity...I get the ones that can't be evaded or that have special parameters, but literally every single stun lands? Setiously...?? I can't get a single taunt off with 250 speed because I'm stunned at all times
  • Keep retrying. I finally won T7 when they didn;t stun Bossk for once and obliterated IG-88 in the opening salvo. Kill Chewie first is correct. Don't worry about contract as that will fill in shortly after Chewie is dead. I used - G12 Bossk, G11 Boba, G11 Dengar, G-11 IG88 (never got a turn) and G9 Zam.
  • I beat it with this.

bizbrbxth4he.png
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Barely did it after 2 hours of tries with this team
    ZBossk(maxed, with all 12+ gear), ig88 (g12), bobba (g12), zGreedo (g11), dengar (g11).
    The most important:
    1. Everyone should survive initial onslaught.
    2. Han should attack dengar first.
    3. Bossk shall not be stunned
    Otherwise retreat.
    Then I went Lando- Han -(here Chewie die from detonators) - leia- r2
    I am so tired of cutscene :(

This, takes lots of luck. I finally got Greedo to land several hits in a row. That was huge, all RNG no skill whatsoever.
  • HammerHead wrote: »
    Just beat it using Boba L, 88, Greedo, Zam, Dengar. All g12 and had arena tier mods with 100+ speed on them and it took me over 50 tries to get down the rng. It's totally possible without Bossk, but that means way more tries and heavy on rng.

Just beat it with a similar slightly undergeared makeup (cad instead of zam). Had everything to do with rng aligning perfectly and nothing to do with my tactics which were the same in the 50 odd tries I made before then.

I still don't think it was designed well. Upping the difficulty relative to previous legendaries was too big a leap imo. Also I think it was a major flaw that it seems intentionally designed to make contract payouts irrelevant even though that was the major rework.
  • hh3bzs5epqtw.png
    Bossk, Boba, Greedo, IG-88, Cad Bane. Bossk & Boba had over 250 speed, others had 200-220. Took Chewie down first, but had to keep R2 from going, stunned with Bane or reduce TM with Greedo. I used taunt on Bossk's first turn and hunting party on the next turn. Once Chewie was down Han and Leia loose guarded. Took out Lando next and activated contracts, the rest was easy. Tried over 200 times, so don't give up!
  • I beat it with this.

bizbrbxth4he.png

replacing zam with Ig88 thats similar to my squad. I have G11 CadBane and Ig88, G10 Boba and Dengar, G9 Greedo. think i can have 7* by the end of the event?
  • RockLobster
    72 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    So, after about 40-50 battles (and a lot of good RNG) I wanted to share my success for the benefit of anyone who’s in a similar boat of having undergeared Bounty Hunters.

First thing: my team composition.
    Bossk GXII with Zeta Lead
    Boba Fett GXI no zetas
    IG-88 GX no zetas
    Dengar GIX no zetas
    Cad Bane GX no zetas

I don’t have god mods but I’ll go ahead and attach some pictures of my characters so you all can get an idea of what their stats were for the challenge

f8turl2yende.png

f4acvsrs8h35.png

eo6pxt34gz26.png

pf6mib3xi03k.png

90jex2qvc832.png

93q2bykglrcx.png

4uv66clir2cn.png

ei08tl140mki.png

ysobt8ibc008.png

b76vb6ytetob.png

Ok, with that out of the way, I’ll talk strategy. Again, I’m not sure how applicable this is since it’s very RNG dependent with lower geared characters, but it might prove useful to someone.

The two ABOSULTES:
    1) Restart if anyone dies in the opening
    2) Restart if R2 successfully stealths enemy team
    Yes, this will test your patience due to having to watch the cutscene over and over, but these rules are absolutely essential.

If you’ve made it this far, the fun isn’t over. If I remember correctly, my kill order was focusing down Leia (she’s the weakest, and with Bossk’s special, you should be able to trigger your contract in no time). Take out Leia (while avoiding using AoEs if Bossk does not have taunt). I think I used his special attack over the taunt first as getting a fulfilled contract is most important.
    Use AoEs to heal when necessary, and keep Chewie and Lando stunned with Cad Bane’s glove and Dengar’s special (this is also heavily RNG dependent).
    From Leia, my kill order was Lando, Chewie, R2, and finally Han (his retribution is brutal on under geared characters).

I hope this helped somebody. I think I managed to only lose IG-88 and Cad Bane.

Good luck on the event everyone, and I hope you’re all able to 7* Chewie with me!

3y8to1p8r55m.png
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I beat it with this.

bizbrbxth4he.png

replacing zam with Ig88 thats similar to my squad. I have G11 CadBane and Ig88, G10 Boba and Dengar, G9 Greedo. think i can have 7* by the end of the event?

I'm not gonna say no, but I replaced a G12 IG88 with a G8 Zam and got better results. You'll probably need at least a couple G12s. And my run was 99% luck. Everything went exactly my way, including Greedo chaining 4-5 attacks... twice. So you'll need to be patient, I literally tried dozens of times.
  • I finished the event with way undergeared BH then OP. My strat went as follows.

1. Make sure Bossk is your fastest BH and dengar has to stealth during inital onslaught.
    2. Han has to stun dengar or ig88 on first attack, my IG88 died immediately so he wasn't part of the win.
    3. After Bossk Taunt Boba has to execute lando so he becomes the weakest enemy. Then hunting party lando, if your lucky greddo will multi hit and you'll be close to finishing the contract.
    4. I was at 80% with contract after hunting party, Greddo went next and activated it for the team.
    5. Once contract is active it becomes easy, after Lando is dead target chewie then han then leia and r2 and bam 7* chewie.

Hope that helps anyone my highest gear bh is bossk at gear xi
  • I miraculously beat it with g12 boba lead, g12 dengar, g12 greedo, g12 IG88 and a gear 8 Zam. No Zetas. Took me all day and well over 100 tries but RNGesus cut me some slack finally. It's doable but you have to be more stubborn than it lol
  • Bossk is fake news.

Beat it with

G12 Boba
    G12 z88
    G11 Dengar
    G10 Cad
    G8 Greedo

They key is mod boba for damage and speed. All other stack potency. If you take the time to mod well you should only need 2 or 3 tries.