Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• BucMan55 wrote: »
    I'd like to see reports of someone with 5 star G8-9 bounty hunters(even including Bossk) unlocking the 5 star Chewie. That should be reasonable to unlock. Not going to hold my breath though.

Scroll up....but whatever I’ll post again - I did it with no Omegas, no Zetas:
    js6z3cvkediy.jpeg

Close!! I said 5 star hunters. My 5 star hunters have about 55% of the power of your hunters.
    I'd like to see reports of someone with 5 star G8-9 bounty hunters(even including Bossk) unlocking the 5 star Chewie. That should be reasonable to unlock. Not going to hold my breath though.

js6z3cvkediy.jpeg
    They specifically said 5 star bounty hunters and all of yours are 7 :#
    BucMan55 wrote: »

js6z3cvkediy.jpeg

Close!! I said 5 star hunters. My 5 star hunters have about 55% of the power of your hunters.

Yea...I don’t know of anyone who’s done it with lower power/gear though :)
  • I started that No - Whine thread —> to work out optimal mods, kill order etc.
    BucMan55 wrote: »

js6z3cvkediy.jpeg

You are unlikely to find a win using only 5* characters if only because nobody has only 5* bounty hunters.
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    You are unlikely to find a win using only 5* characters if only because nobody has only 5* bounty hunters.

I do. Well, Dengar is 10 shards away from his 5th star. I only started playing in April yet unlocked every legendary toon the first time their event came after I cleared level 60 except Thrawn(because I loathe Phoenix Squad).

Edit: My shipments had the shards I needed for Dengar. Purchased them, upgraded Dengar to 5*, got completely obliterated(heck one time I got to take one turn with Dengar at red health, all others dead, even Fett.) with most tries only having 2 or 3 hunters when I finally got to go. Uninstalled game. Been a good run guys, hopefully y'all find what you are looking for in this game. I could not.

There is a F2P option, but there is no CASUAL option.
    Post edited by BucMan55 on
  • zBossk, zFett, zIG, Greedo and Dengar. All G12. Pretty good mods. Crushed by Tier 7. Repeatedly. Not even close. Seriously EA?
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Super unpopular opinion: This is completely doable as a f2p. It doesn't have to be a cash grab. I got 7* chewie with this team: g12 zBossk, g12 Boba, g11 Greedo, g11 IG-88, g9 Dengar. They don't have amazing mods. It took me about 3 or 4 tries. I've never paid a cent in this game.

I'll join on the complain train and say that it's pretty lousy of CG to say "any 5 bounty hunters" but pretty much require zBossk and Dengar for 7*. (If anyone's done it without them, I'd like to know.)

But yes, it's doable as a f2p and without a maxed g12 team.
    Post edited by gufu21 on
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Q5C3jkj.jpg
    gufu21 wrote: »
    Super unpopular opinion: This is completely doable as a f2p. It doesn't have to be a cash grab. I got 7* chewie with this team: g12 zBossk, g12 Boba, g11 Greedo, g11 IG-8, g9 Dengar. They don't have amazing mods. It took me about 3 or 4 tries. I've never paid a cent in this game.

I'll join on the complain train and say that it's pretty lousy of CG to say "any 5 bounty hunters" but pretty much require zBossk and Dengar for 7*. (If anyone's done it without them, I'd like to know.)

But yes, it's doable as a f2p and without a maxed g12 team.

I spent $20 on the bossk + ship pack and geared the rest (except Boba) mostly after that time. This was really doable for ftp, it’s just that not a lot of people had committed a ton of gear to BH previously. I’m guessing that will change now.
  • Pretty happy. I went for a 5* unlock and got a 6* Chewie after some efforts over myself not breaking my phone in half... ^^

Did it with G12 zBoba, G11 ig88, G10 Zam, G9 Greedo and G9 Dengar. The stars of the show and last survivor were Boba (his zeta was of a great help here) and Dengar trolling R2 for the fight.

I won't be able to get a seventh star though. I'm already farming and gearing my BH for TBs anyway, I'll get it next time, it's OK.
  • I was able to get my 7* Chewbacca with the following:

Bossk (L) - G12 - 248 Speed - both Zetas
    Boba Fett - G12 - 238 Speed - one Zeta
    Dengar - G10 - 198 Speed
    Cad Bane - G10 - 189 Speed
    IG 88 - G10 - 167 Speed

It did take me 5 tries but I’d recommend repeating until you get good RNG. I found that taking out Chewbacca, then Leia,then Han Solo, and the rest is best.
  • Guys and girls .. it's doable ... I must have tried a 100 times but finally RNG smiled. 7 star beaten with gear 10 zbossk, g12 zBF, gear 11 greedo, gear 9 dengar and gear 10 Zam. All with arena mods..... Just keep plugging away
  • R0LAND wrote: »
    Guys and girls .. it's doable ... I must have tried a 100 times but finally RNG smiled. 7 star beaten with gear 10 zbossk, g12 zBF, gear 11 greedo, gear 9 dengar and gear 10 Zam. All with arena mods..... Just keep plugging away

We know it is doable. That is not the issue. The issue is it is ONLY doable well above what has been required for other Legendary events in the past.

People geared their BH teams expecting Thrawn difficulty and got 2-3 steps above that.
  • Zanads wrote: »
    R0LAND wrote: »
    Guys and girls .. it's doable ... I must have tried a 100 times but finally RNG smiled. 7 star beaten with gear 10 zbossk, g12 zBF, gear 11 greedo, gear 9 dengar and gear 10 Zam. All with arena mods..... Just keep plugging away

We know it is doable. That is not the issue. The issue is it is ONLY doable well above what has been required for other Legendary events in the past.

People geared their BH teams expecting Thrawn difficulty and got 2-3 steps above that.

It's especially a **** move to newbie players who were only aiming for 5*, prepped accordingly (assuming that 7* would be the crazy new hard) and found all that investment rendered moot. At minimum they should've kept 5* like the other legendary events so if you prepped you got a consolation prize
  • Zanads wrote: »
    R0LAND wrote: »

It's especially a **** move to newbie players who were only aiming for 5*, prepped accordingly (assuming that 7* would be the crazy new hard) and found all that investment rendered moot. At minimum they should've kept 5* like the other legendary events so if you prepped you got a consolation prize

To be fair, I completed 5* with my BH squad (Boba G11, Dengar G9, Zam G9, Greedo G9, Cad G8), no Zetas, just a couple Omegas. However, that's with multiple mod swaps (don't get me started on not being able to use my sliced 6-dot mods on ANY of my BHs), and it's still 7* Thrawn difficulty for a 5* Chewie.
  • I have to chime my opinion in also.

Devs say "Will be harder then before." I think to myself, well, I unlocked Thrawn at 7* with G8 Phoenix and only had to try a few times to do it. So either I get really lucky or G8 fully omegad Phoenix was all that was necessary to do it.

Since I unlocked Thrawn with Phoenix at G8 my thought was well, G9 Bounty Hunters will unlock Chewie at 5*. That seems harder than before. Seems a very fair assumption to me. G8 for 7* so G9 for 5*.

Boy was I wrong. Never in my wildest nightmare did I think Bobba, Greedo, Dengar, Bossk, and 88, with full omega's and ok mods would be incapable of unlocking chewie at 5*. Bossk lead, Boba lead, makes no difference.

Who the heck really thought you needed G11 and zetas to unlock Chewie at 5*. Makes me super **** off I spent thousands and thousands of energy over the last week finishing getting those 6* BHs to 7*. What a fantastic waste of time and resources, including a few hundred bucks in gear and crystals.

All I have to say is boo. Boo on you EA/CG. This isn't hard. This is insane. Its as bad as the STR.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    terascque wrote: »
    Who the heck really thought you needed G11 and zetas to unlock Chewie at 5*.

@terascque You don't. I unlocked 5* Chewie with a mix of G8/G9 and only 1 omega with my arena mods.

https://swgoh.gg/squads/106233/
  • tw9txaxqqi7u.png

Pulled off Tier 7 with the top 5 there average mods. It's a bit rng, but Bossk is a must in lead, and you have to clear chewie quick!
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • I 5* unlocked him with a embo lead. 7*G9 boba and greedo 5*g8 bossk and 5*g7 cad and embo @5*. The only omegas were on boba. Only boba and greedo were the only 2 level 85.. no awesome mods. I couldn't even kill one person under boba or bossk lead.
  • I can’t beat it. I don’t have dengar farmed, which is infuriating bcuz R2D2 WAS NOT THERE. He was with Luke! The story doesn’t even make sense, and stealth makes it geared for dengar. Can’t beat the 7* tier bcuz of that. Extremely frustrating that others can beat it with lesser squads just by having him.
    (moved mods and still cannot do it)Here is what I tried:
    Gear 12 zBossk 253 speed /105k health/protection
    Gear 12 zBoba 306 speed
    Gear 11 Zam 281 speed
    Gear 11 IG88 209 speed crit damage modded
    Gear 8 Greedo 243 speed crit chanced out
  • 119twi38sbii.jpg

The event was very doable with the right mods. Speed as always is the key.
  • Loved the event! They gave us a path with the BH ships. Got my 7 star Chewie. Nice work CG!
  • Scorchy wrote: »
    At 7* they say reccomended g12+ haha.... Han solo shoots twice for 25-28k crits and counters every hit for that much and he has like 350 speed and shoots first. I have frickin g11 with 250+ speed arena mods! oh and they have so much tenacity you wont land any debuffs or stuns or anything. I bet if you even had django it wouldnt matter cus they would get wiped out. You literally need g12+ for this

Well, Han and Leia cannot be stunned or dazed due to the Chewie buff, so you couldn’t try...
  • Any advice would be appreciated though mail. Got Chewbacca to 6*. Tried with boba fett died before I got a turn. Bossk 6* 47/100 trying get him ready within event time to 7*. Boba g11 bossk g8 dengar g8 cad bane g10 and ig88 g11. Also is bossk leader zeta needed to get Chewbacca to 7*.
  • Raga wrote: »
    I'm genuinely a bit sad to be honest, I had hoped that this would be a decent event for CG to demonstrate they are back on board with the community, and more importantly, to give the community a reason to be behind them.

I am not about flaming or raging at every step and generally just browse the forum but I have defended this event "only needing bounty hunters" in Guild chat as being a genuine effort by CG to show willing. Turns out it seems to be quite a sly move and now I'm considering where we all stand. Gear 11 to unlock at 5*? Is that where we are at now? Look, I appreciate that you are trying to make us progress CG, but give us a bloody fighting chance. Alongside farming for HSTR and cargo ships and smugglers run events, as well as progressing for TB and TW and all the rest, most of the bounty hunters in game require so much log jammed gear that getting them to gear 10 is an achievement for most, never mind beyond. I even cynically opened the store and was surprised not to see a "Gear Pack" for sale for this event.

I am not saying that I wanted this event to be a walk over or to be simple. I genuinely wouldn't be mad about a Gear 12 recommendation for 7*, but come the hell on, your two flagship characters (Jedi Rey and Commander Luke) dont require anything like this level of investment.

Why is everyone so mad about this? Chewie is an iconic character and hes a badass. And the bounty hunters? I think that's a great move with all the work they've been giving them. I've been gearing up my bounty hunters since bossk has been farm able. I p as sued tier 5 easy with g11 5*bossk. G9 dengar. G10 boba 5* g9 embo and g9 zam. It was easy. All you need is decent characters. And the people who are mad about this are the people who cant get him. And are upset that it's too hard for them.

With legendary characters everyone remembers how hard thrawn was when he came out. Then we get Phoenix zetas and it's easy to 7 star him. Itll be the same thing with bounty hunters especially when you can farm jango and embo. Who are definitely the keys to this event.

Think about long term!!! Everyone will get chewie just like thrawn with putting some effort into bounty hunter toons.
  • nickyc123 wrote: »
    Why is everyone so mad about this?

As I've said before - because a lot of people these days think they deserve everything when they want it with no effort or expense to themselves. Generation Entitlement.

• BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited September 2018

As I've said before - because a lot of people these days think they deserve everything when they want it with no effort or expense to themselves. Generation Entitlement.

Short and sweet: No 5 Star Legendary should require SIGNIFICANTLY higher gear than a 7 star Legendary.

Edit: Nor should it require 7 stars and higher gear than a 7 star legendary.
  • Beat it with this -k8l6gkzwpej9.png

Took me at least ten hours.