Chewbacca event tier VII ideas or success

Replies

• Pulsehammer
    158 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm running ZzBossk(L, G12), ZBoba(G12), ZGreedo(G12), ZIG88(one mod short of G12), Zam (G11). All aside from Zam have serious focus on speed mods with ratings as follows: 225, 226, 201, 209, 165.

I do not come REMOTELY close to beating this challenge.

t.

Cannibalized my roster mods to improve speed values to the following:.

Bossk (244), Boba (244), Greedo (225), IG (215), Zam (240).

Still getting destroyed. Oddly enough now, I'm getting a lot of battles where Bossk doesn't even get a turn. Zam seems to be the only one getting in a shot consistently.

That's right, folks, FIVE Zetas, 3 G12, 2 G11 -- and 88 is literally one mod short of G12. This is what throwing the players a bone looks like.
    zfrq32rko2st.png
    Post edited by Pulsehammer on
  • Twopac187
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I beat it with g12 zBossk lead, g11 boba, g10 cad, g9 Dengar and g9 Greedo. Used cc/cd mod sets on Greedo, cad, and boba. Speed/cc on Dengar, and speed/hp on bossk. Of course with as high speed secondaries and such as possible. It took a number of tries to get a good opening, but as long as Dengar takes a crit to gain stealth and thereby prevent r2 from smokescreening the team, you should be able to focus chewy down with an execute and hunting party combo. He may need a smack or two from someone else to finish him off. Once he’s down, you can work on the others. I preferred going after lando next since his aoe is deadly to the g9 and g10 guys. By the time I finished lando, the contract had popped and I lost Dengar and Greedo. Throw a stun on Han and nuke him, then leia after, and finally r2. Really pretty chill once chewy and lando were dead and the contract went off.

http://www.swgoh.gg/u/reggie187 for the doubters. I’ve moved the mods back, but my BH team is in the same condition they were for the event
  • Dengar is the most important toon for that battle (according to me)
  • only had bossk at 6, so i wasn't really hopefully. but had all the old BH's at 7 and g8-12. tier 6 wasnt tough, did it on auto. Tier 7 was hell.

I had to move around a lot of mods and used boba(12), dengar(g11), Cad(g11), Greedo(g10), ig88(g11). no zetas on anyone, but alot of speed and a focus on health on the weaker ones to ensure they survive to have a go. Then i had to use an hour to get everything right. But removed lando with a terminate from boba first, then focused on chewie. when chewie died, i'd lost greedo and ig88. focused on Han and was down to leia and r2 with boba and dengar left. except r2's stuns it wasn't hard after that.

so yes harder than anticipated, but we were warned so i had a lot of gear saved, that i hoped to use to level chewie, that i had to use on BH's instead. But i'm not a whale player, not even a dolphin, i've spent maybe $40 spread across 2-3 years of game time.
  • Congrats, Lear! It’s good to hear those kind of success stories.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Tier 7 without Bossk:

https://swgoh.gg/p/361489473/

Team: Boba (L), Greedo, Zam, IG, Dengar
    Gear: All g12
    Zetas: 0
    Mods: Arena sets
    Turn Order: Boba, Zam, Greedo, IG, Dengar
    Attempts: 20ish

Guide:
    Keep restating until the first salvo hits Dengar AND he gets the stealth prevention. You'll need to hope you have 5 toons standing by Bobas turn.

Use execute on Chewy (hopefully he has 4 buffs), this should remove most of his protection.
    Throw Detonators with Zam
    Remove Hans TM with Greedo special
    Attack Chewy on Greedos 2nd turn with Basic!
    kill chewy with remaining toons
    Mop up from there (yes it's easy once chewy dead)

Observations:
    I probably wouldn't have beaten it without G12
    My arena mods are better than average
    You need to get lucky

GL!
  • G12 Boba (L), G9 Cad, Greedo, Dengar, G8 Bossk (no Zetas on any toons) + potency mods (courtesy of Ahnald's video) on everyone but Boba (who had CC and CD) with team total of about 440% potency + about ten to fifteen restarts = 7* Chewie. In the battle, kill Chewie first, then Han. If you can't stun R2, I'd take him out next, otherwise ROLO, then R2/Lando. (In the picture of Chewie below, I put random mods on him to clear my backlog so I could use loadout switching after unlocking him in tier 5.)

micmf0dmp1ru.png
    z4g0uyqt15ag.png
  • only rng in this event...very bad programming

i do about 30/35 battle with zbossk g12 zoba g12 ig e greedo g11 and dengar g7 (better than zam g11)...for about 30 battle i can't finish the protection on 1 toon before i die, 3/4 run i arrive nearly to kill 1 toon...then with a beatiful run i kill them all...i don't like this kind of challange, what's the sense? we'll do play all day to take a good rng run to finish the battle...bad, very bad
  • Defoxy
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    6amv7fq0wefh.png
    dzzav8oujzvk.png
    a4gp4k50yfx3.png
    fchz6a7plpuc.png
    lvzxs74j1mcq.png
    ls0hwmsy85t7.png
    mbeelefpzrzd.png
    bzh4rzrkrf5s.png
    zcuvsnzcykje.png
    r6dp0gt8okzd.png
    ckjezzoiqkfh.png
    Got really good rng with this squad. Strategy will be to stun Chewie and take him out first. Get payout asap afterwards, stun lando, then kill han>lando>leia>r2.
    For those who can't get a full team of gear 12, focus on boba and bossk. The rest only need to survive, so mod for protection and defense which will synergise greatly with bossk lead.
    If I managed to 7* with G12, 11, 10, 8 & 7, you can too! Don't give up, keep trying, and all the best!
  • OK so I got T6 done and am hoping that RNG will shine on me. About 3 hours yesterday and another 4 today and no luck so far, but I think it also comes down to mod management. I have:

- G11 Boba - all omega and zeta
    - G9 Dengar - All Omega (Honestly it's 4 more carbs to get to g10. I don't see that happening before event ends so he'll stay G9. Yikes)
    - G10 Greedo - All Omegas. Need 5 more thermal dets for G11 and I can see that easily happening before close of event so I will get him to G11 soon.
    - G10 Cad Bane - All Omegas

That leaves me with either using my G8 Zam (Can probably get G9 before event ends) or my G10 IG-88, but he's so squishy. Both are full Omega'd. Not sure which is best.

I feel that with persistence and a lot of RNG love I can make this work, but I'm toying with mods like crazy. Have spent about 7 Million credits moving mods the last 24 hours. My original logic is that I probably want as much Potency as possible for survive-ability so I've gone all Potency mods (all 6 spots with potency cross) for everyone except Boba who I have CC/CD with a potency primary cross.

My problem is that I'm not firing off fast enough I think and not doing enough initial damage to Chewie to hope knocking him down first. Should I pull my speed mods off my arena team and push for 200+ speed on all toons and scrap potency (except the cross)? I've focused on making it a long fight (which it never ends up being) when maybe I should focus on it being a fast fight.

Thoughts? Advice?
  • DarkSouls wrote: »
    I'm wondering if Embo lead will be useful, because of the counter chance, but no way to check it because Embo is on 5* in my roster

Nope its not
  • MntMan wrote: »
    OK so I got T6 done and am hoping that RNG will shine on me. About 3 hours yesterday and another 4 today and no luck so far, but I think it also comes down to mod management. I have:

- G11 Boba - all omega and zeta
    - G9 Dengar - All Omega (Honestly it's 4 more carbs to get to g10. I don't see that happening before event ends so he'll stay G9. Yikes)
    - G10 Greedo - All Omegas. Need 5 more thermal dets for G11 and I can see that easily happening before close of event so I will get him to G11 soon.
    - G10 Cad Bane - All Omegas

That leaves me with either using my G8 Zam (Can probably get G9 before event ends) or my G10 IG-88, but he's so squishy. Both are full Omega'd. Not sure which is best.

I feel that with persistence and a lot of RNG love I can make this work, but I'm toying with mods like crazy. Have spent about 7 Million credits moving mods the last 24 hours. My original logic is that I probably want as much Potency as possible for survive-ability so I've gone all Potency mods (all 6 spots with potency cross) for everyone except Boba who I have CC/CD with a potency primary cross.

My problem is that I'm not firing off fast enough I think and not doing enough initial damage to Chewie to hope knocking him down first. Should I pull my speed mods off my arena team and push for 200+ speed on all toons and scrap potency (except the cross)? I've focused on making it a long fight (which it never ends up being) when maybe I should focus on it being a fast fight.

Thoughts? Advice?

Our squads are almost identical - I am using IG88. The closest I have come is when I went Speed and potency - came close once when I got Chewie and Han down, Still need a few better mods with protection and good speed secondary - hoping they show up in the Mod Store.
  • I did it it bossk, boba both g12 and zam, cad and dengar all g11, used my arena mods. I made bossk go 1st gave him taunt+frenzy, then zam dropped her thermals then bossk uses his mass assist on the weakest toon, zam pops the thermal and goes again uses her special and of goes bossk, then use the specials of the rest so bossk keeps getting extra turns and you activate all payouts. Took down leia 1st then han, lando chewie and finally r2, didn't loose a toin

This is what I have been trying as Bossk is my fastest but problem is he gets stunned immediately at the start of every battle.
  • Lilpup wrote: »

Yeah but it required wearing Maul’s saber taped to his back, blades out, very dangerous...
    Wearing a Star Wars hat backwards with Top Gun sunglasses, and screaming Jesus instead of RNGesus several times. 😝
  • Lilpup wrote: »

Yeah but it required wearing Maul’s saber taped to his back, blades out, very dangerous...
    Wearing a Star Wars hat backwards with Top Gun sunglasses, and screaming Jesus instead of RNGesus several times. 😝

Honestly, the Maul's saber randomly attached to his back and the caption late in the video about his breakdown happening were my favorite parts of the video. lol
  • I managed it with g9 zBossk lead, with g12 Boba, g9 Greedo, g9 Dengar, and g8 Cad Bane...used my arena mods...if you have enough speed, it’s not as hard as it seems
  • All G12 except Zam now (G11), speed mods out the back side, have no idea how some of you are doing it with G8/G9. I still get creamed repeatedly.
  • Ok...I just got him.

And George Michael’s “Father Figure” was playing on shuffle while it happened.

Not Iron Maiden, not Steel Panther, friggin’ George Michael.

I’m feeling a lot of shame right now.
  • All G12 except Zam now (G11), speed mods out the back side, have no idea how some of you are doing it with G8/G9. I still get creamed repeatedly.

Same here. RNG is one thing but RNG doesn't mean anything if you can't even attack. Not sure how their G8 and G9 toons aren't getting taken out immediately.
  • Ron_ONeal35
    161 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    t0zhsvckd491.jpg
    ljj3pbu2n2b5.jpg
    https://swgoh.gg/u/otbg35/

Did it with g9 Bossk lead with zeta, g12 Boba, and g11 Greedo, IG88, and Dengar
    Post edited by Ron_ONeal35 on
  • spicynachosupreme1
    507 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Boba g12 all potency mods. greedo g12 all critical chance mods. ig88 g11 all potency( he is worthless but having high potency benefits all by under a Boba lead). zam g11 high protection (33k) and slow as possible. dengar as fast as possible, faster than zam. have dengar lay some detonators for zam to pop. Took a lot of ring, but I had too many unsuccessful attempts to count before I came up with this recipe. I got a 7 star chewbacca with og bounty hunters and zero $$$ spent.
  • I got Chewy with Anhald's team/strat after 500 attempts. Boba/88/Greedo/Dengar g12 and Cad g10 with no zetas. I met Anhald's req for potency for all characters and my Boba had 192 speed(dont know how much speed is relevant here), 216% CD, and 3427 offense. While copying Anhald's mod types for Boba, I gave Boba a speed arrow, offense cross, and my circle had protection as the primary.

As mentioned before the kill order is Chewy,Han,Rolo,Lando R2. Dengar should use mine mayhem if Chewy has no debuffs and his basic if he does.

My Greedo and Cad died before they had a chance to attack and 88 only got to attack once.
  • LoneCat wrote: »
    Speed: 235 (Bossk), 233 (Boba), 220 (Greedo), 179 (Dengar), 218 (IG-88). I guess I've ben lucky, but I found this legendary event MUCH easier than Thrawn event which was a nightmare for me. Good luck !

....I was able to beat thrawn with 3 g8 1 go and 1 g7.....my g12s 2 (bossk will be g12 tomorrow) ridiculous mods cant touch this. (Althrough admitted I am not running an optimal team. boba L, bossk, IG88, Greedo, Zam and cad rotating.) I think dengar would reduce atleas allow me to get more starts that are decent.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Bossk is fake news.

Beat it with

G12 Boba
    G12 z88
    G11 Dengar
    G10 Cad
    G8 Greedo

They key is mod boba for damage and speed. All other stack potency. If you take the time to mod well you should only need 2 or 3 tries.

What were the speeds on your "Potency" BH? I am running potency allready but my potency mods are very low on speed secondary. BF has 240 speed CC and CD mods
  • I beat it with:
    zzBossk gear 12
    zBoba gear 12
    Greedo gear 11
    Zam gear 11
    Dengar gear 11

Don’t worry when you got a zeta bossk ready.. He takes the damage
  • **** Y O U @CG. I’m done with this **** game.
  • 17a7roh8qkaj.png
    Name in game is Gernak ally code is 977-346-924