Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• Full G12 squad...

Technically you CAN attain this as a FTP, but it is disingenuous to say that it would be typical of FTP players to actually have these toons on hand given all other competing characters to develop and gear.

Something to work toward, but FTP will have to dump pretty much all resource into the BH farm if they aren't already at that level. KOTOR toons? Nope, so likely miss whatever they're up for too. Farming Scion still? Think again. Finishing up a smuggler faction for the event? Nuh-uh. Pilots for fleet? Pfftt.

• Here's the thing, did Ahnald actually say how many times he had to restart to be successful? I wouldn't be surprised if it was 50-75 times.

They built up mods 2.0 as a "speed isn't the ONLY thing! We're making all these other stats important too!" and then they proceed to make toons for an event that have 250? plus speed. AND they give the toons a ton of pre-loaded TM, which continues to be a favorite option. So, even a couple of people have said that with 270+ speed they are still waiting for the AI to go 1-2 times before they even get a turn. (pre-loaded TM is just 'speed')

Having to deal with pre-loaded TM amongst many parts of the game is tiresome. It is just as tiresome as having to restart multiple times because you get crap RNG. I'm sure we'd all be curious to know how many "starts" they've clocked on for the chewie event (I know they can track this kind of statistic) just to see how often people are restarting because of crap RNG.

It is especially irritating when they say, "Hey we know restarting isn't fun, so we're working to fix that in the Sith Raid!" and then give people another "restart happy" event.

And as was said, if people who have gear 12 bounty hunters with zetas loaded on them are having to restart even ONE time, that's kind of bogus. I don't have anywhere near that so I expect to restart a few times, but that's just a troublesome issue I'd say.
  • Zanads wrote: »

Full G12 squad...

Technically you CAN attain this as a FTP, but it is disingenuous to say that it would be typical of FTP players to actually have these toons on hand given all other competing characters to develop and gear.

Something to work toward, but FTP will have to dump pretty much all resource into the BH farm if they aren't already at that level. KOTOR toons? Nope, so likely miss whatever they're up for too. Farming Scion still? Think again. Finishing up a smuggler faction for the event? Nuh-uh. Pilots for fleet? Pfftt.

He didn’t use all his G12....look at the ones he used. The only G12 that you HAVE to use is Boba Fett.
    I’m not sure you need to throw all resources at BHs....I’m pretty certain I’ll have 6* this time round (5* with G8/9 FTP....trying to get Boba to G10 and then will follow the Boba/Potency strat).
    For 7* I’ll need to get ONE character to G12 and the rest to G10/11 in 3-4 months.....
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    They built up mods 2.0 as a "speed isn't the ONLY thing! We're making all these other stats important too!" and then they proceed to make toons for an event that have 250? plus speed.

They were 280-300 speed, per Crumb over on Reddit.
    AND they give the toons a ton of pre-loaded TM, which continues to be a favorite option.

There was no pre-loaded TM. Han shoots first, and everyone else is so fast that it just looks like they have pre-loaded TM. But if you slow it down you can see that when they hit 100% TM you have also gained TM.
  • It’s possible! Keep trying!
    nhei1cuniklv.png
    Probly took close to 150 tries, had to gear up Zam from g9 that wasn’t cutting it, and had to remod and remod and remod some more to get the setup just right.

Personally I loved the event and it was exactly what I was expecting. Ton of fun to have a real challenge in this game!

Full G12 squad...

He didn’t use all his G12....look at the ones he used. The only G12 that you HAVE to use is Boba Fett.
    I’m not sure you need to throw all resources at BHs....I’m pretty certain I’ll have 6* this time round (5* with G8/9 FTP....trying to get Boba to G10 and then will follow the Boba/Potency strat).
    For 7* I’ll need to get ONE character to G12 and the rest to G10/11 in 3-4 months.....

My mistake, G11 Cad and G7 Greedo...So, 3 G12, 1 G11, 1 somewhat normal expectation for a FTP. I have my doubts that's the squad he ACTUALLY uses though considering the claim was "no zetas" but we clearly see at least 2 in the characters her shows.

At any rate, we're still talking HEAVY investment for FTP to get to G12, or even G11 for most of these toons. Ever looked at the gear required to get Boba from G11 to 12? Lots of raid gear RNG and/or Guild currency required for just 2 of those pieces. ALL of the pieces are required for other characters, and that's just 1 gear level on 1 toon.

So, let's stop pretending this was at all something most FTP players could adequately prep for. Either the FTP player ALREADY invested in these toons MONTHS ago because they liked BH, or they are currently up a creek because we had about a week to prep for what we would typically expect a Legendary to be, not 2-3 gear levels above Thrawn.
    So, let's stop pretending this was at all something most FTP players could adequately prep for. Either the FTP player ALREADY invested in these toons MONTHS ago because they liked BH, or they are currently up a creek because we had about a week to prep for what we would typically expect a Legendary to be, not 2-3 gear levels above Thrawn.

Not any different than any other Legendary to date. For F2P, if you weren't prepared with various currencies when the event was announced, or already just happened to have a full 7* squad that is needed, you don't get it first try.

I don't think that's the issue with the event at all. Even non-F2P that *were* ready with g12 zeta squads had to retry dozens of times. That is the issue with the event.
    Zanads wrote: »

Full G12 squad...

My mistake, G11 Cad and G7 Greedo...So, 3 G12, 1 G11, 1 somewhat normal expectation for a FTP. I have my doubts that's the squad he ACTUALLY uses though considering the claim was "no zetas" but we clearly see at least 2 in the characters her shows.

At any rate, we're still talking HEAVY investment for FTP to get to G12, or even G11 for most of these toons. Ever looked at the gear required to get Boba from G11 to 12? Lots of raid gear RNG and/or Guild currency required for just 2 of those pieces. ALL of the pieces are required for other characters, and that's just 1 gear level on 1 toon.

You forget to take into consideration that BH were already "needed" for DSTB and that other event with contracts (galactic bounties? forgot the name), so i'd say that most long term players didn't exactly start from scratch with their BH gear levels.
    f2p players could definately adequately prep for this event, key word being "could".
  • StarSon wrote: »

Not any different than any other Legendary to date. For F2P, if you weren't prepared with various currencies when the event was announced, or already just happened to have a full 7* squad that is needed, you don't get it first try.

I don't think that's the issue with the event at all. Even non-F2P that *were* ready with g12 zeta squads had to retry dozens of times. That is the issue with the event.

It's both. The definition of "prepared" went WAY up this time, and even the "prepared" using the new definition are stuck praying to RNGesus because "prepared" is also at the gear, star and level ceiling instead of a more reasonable threshold.
  • Boov wrote: »

Full G12 squad...

You forget to take into consideration that BH were already "needed" for DSTB and that other event with contracts (galactic bounties? forgot the name), so i'd say that most long term players didn't exactly start from scratch with their BH gear levels.
    f2p players could definately adequately prep for this event, key word being "could".

Again, ignoring all other competing squads/toons, sure. People may not be starting from scratch, but the gulf between what is needed for DSTB and this event is exponential.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    As always, I've had to remove and edit some posts.

Not to sound like a broken record but regardless of how frustrated we are we need to keep it civil towards both staff, mods, and each other. We also need to watch our language. There has been way too much cursing and swearing in this thread.

So let's please behave.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    nickyc123 wrote: »
    Why is everyone so mad about this?

As I've said before - because a lot of people these days think they deserve everything when they want it with no effort or expense to themselves. Generation Entitlement.

I don't know what has gotten into you lately James, I typically enjoy your posts, but this is a gigantic crock of hmmmm butter, ya, let's go with butter....

I got 5 star chewie as expected with two g9, two g10 and a g11 .... I had to put arena quality mods on them to do it and it still took several tries.... I feel bad for those with 7* g8 ,bounty hunters that can't get it done.... It's digraceful.....

You speak of "entitlement", well here is some.... I feel CG owes some people an explanation as to why someone who did actually put time, effort and in some cases money into their BH to get them to g8 or even g9 is not entitled to at least be able to have a shot at a 5* Chewie..... They told us in advance it would be hard, but really? 7* g8 toons being unable to unlock a 5* toon is absolutely ridiculous....

They did warn us. They said that it's difficulty would compare with the Sith Triumvirate Raid.

Yep, that was a good idea. Model an event after a raid that yielded thousands of complaints, people quitting after years of playing, etc.

Solid.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    nickyc123 wrote: »
    Why is everyone so mad about this?

As I've said before - because a lot of people these days think they deserve everything when they want it with no effort or expense to themselves. Generation Entitlement.

I don't know what has gotten into you lately James, I typically enjoy your posts, but this is a gigantic crock of hmmmm butter, ya, let's go with butter....

I got 5 star chewie as expected with two g9, two g10 and a g11 .... I had to put arena quality mods on them to do it and it still took several tries.... I feel bad for those with 7* g8 ,bounty hunters that can't get it done.... It's digraceful.....

You speak of "entitlement", well here is some.... I feel CG owes some people an explanation as to why someone who did actually put time, effort and in some cases money into their BH to get them to g8 or even g9 is not entitled to at least be able to have a shot at a 5* Chewie..... They told us in advance it would be hard, but really? 7* g8 toons being unable to unlock a 5* toon is absolutely ridiculous....

They did warn us. They said that it's difficulty would compare with the Sith Triumvirate Raid.

Yep, that was a good idea. Model an event after a raid that yielded thousands of complaints, people quitting after years of playing, etc.

Solid.

Would have been so much better if unlock required 5* g6 bhs and 7* required 7* g8 bhs.
    That way you could slot your bh ( that everyone already had), press auto 5 times in a row, unlock. Hmmm... where have i seen that before ?
  • Now just think about the 6 stars Mods only for G12 toons .... why ? just to make Whale go through the event ?
    We are going to need all everything at G12 just to be able to make an event ?
    Or stop slicing ? What's the Point ?

Full G12 squad...

There are many posts both here and on reddit showing people getting 7* Chewie with only Boba at G12 without Bossk or Zetas.

Full G12 squad...

There are many posts both here and on reddit showing people getting 7* Chewie with only Boba at G12 without Bossk or Zetas.

...and the rest of the team comps are G10-11 with speed/potency mods, with tons of resets for good RNG.

Compare to previous legendary reqs. Tell me this is anywhere close. Then tell me that FTP players who already usually miss the first round of unlock will be able to suitably prep for the second time around on this one.

Full G12 squad...

Yes, many after scores, if not hundreds of attempts. That is NOT a good way to design a game. Just saying.

CG/EA has the data. You want people playing the game and enjoying it. Not reloading one part hundreds of times, doing something else during the redundant cut scene, then reloading again after bad RNG kills 3 g12+, 6* modded characters before they move. We already get to do that several times a week....it's called the Sith Triumvirate Raid.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • All,

Just keep trying on tier 7. It’s nothing but RNG, finally getting it to where everyone is alive after the opening salvo and having a shot at contract going off. I tried probably 25-30 times with this squad that had garbage mods mostly:

ZBossk (L) G12 (no 12.5) 217 speed
    Boba G12 (no 12.5) 190 speed
    IG-88 G11 136 speed
    Cad Bane G10 129 speed
    Dengar G9 103 speed

I was lazy and didn’t want to switch mods around until I was certain I absolutely had to.

The attempts where you get wiped immediately make it seem impossible but it can be done. Bossk seems key though. I just kept trying until they all survived the opener without having Bossk stunned and netted Chewy first with Bossk. Focused Chewy after that.. believe I got a stun on him which was key. Then quickly had contract active. Once Chewy is out of the picture and contract pops they crumble.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Full G12 squad...

Yes, many after scores, if not hundreds of attempts. That is NOT a good way to design a game. Just saying.

CG/EA has the data. You want people playing the game and enjoying it. Not reloading one part hundreds of times, doing something else during the redundant cut scene, then reloading again after bad RNG kills 3 g12+, 6* modded characters before they move. We already get to do that several times a week....it's called the Sith Triumvirate Raid.

You're overlooking the fact that people are trying to do this with undergeared characters. That's why it's taking so many attempts. To experience the event as designed, use the requirements opposed to trying to put a square peg in a round hole. If you want to try to bypass the requirements it will take time, strategy, and some good RNG.

You didn't read my post at all did you? When 3 g12+ geared, 6* modded characters die before they move, that's not "bad RNG" - that's poor design.

I'm not going to go back and forth on this. I've wasted enough time here, remodding, retrying, looking up starts on reddit, etc. In fact, I have wasted too much time on this game in general - especially given that it has basically become a slot machine with Stat Wars pictures on it.

Have a good weekend. I'm out.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Austin9370 wrote: »

Full G12 squad...

You're overlooking the fact that people are trying to do this with undergeared characters. That's why it's taking so many attempts. To experience the event as designed, use the requirements opposed to trying to put a square peg in a round hole. If you want to try to bypass the requirements it will take time, strategy, and some good RNG.
    Yeah. Just like the Sith Triumvirate Raid, if you are attempting this event with undergeared and poor mods or unsynergized toons, you won't be able to win in the first few attempts.

Something people are not willing to admit. I've also seen the people who complain, don't even know how the abilities of their own toons work, enemy toons (such as Rolo lead) or come up with false statements to justify the event is rigged against them (This event DOES NOT have preloaded TM).
  • koyqal5ziyzb.jpg

I beat it with this.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Full G12 squad...

Yeah. Just like the Sith Triumvirate Raid, if you are attempting this event with undergeared and poor mods or unsynergized toons, you won't be able to win in the first few attempts.

Something people are not willing to admit. I've also seen the people who complain, don't even know how the abilities of their own toons work, enemy toons (such as Rolo lead) or come up with false statements to justify the event is rigged against them (This event DOES NOT have preloaded TM).

Under-geared compared to the benchmark set on THIS event, I agree. Under-geared compared to every other Legendary we've seen, not so much.

STR is a poor metric to hold this up against if you're making the case that the level of difficulty is at all within norms as well, considering it has been significantly reduced to make it more accessible...
  • Guys it can be done without Bossk and zetas but it will highly RNG dependent. This is the team I used below..

Boba G12 all three pieces but no 12+ pieces, 237 speed with crit dam and crit chance mods
    Dengar G11, 172 speed with potency and tenacity mods
    IG88 G10, 135 speed and health mods (He was the sacrificial lamb)
    Greedo G12 speed 233 with health and potency mods
    Cad Bane G9 with 191 speed and cit chance and speed mods

Ultra wrote: »

Full G12 squad...

Under-geared compared to the benchmark set on THIS event, I agree. Under-geared compared to every other Legendary we've seen, not so much.

STR is a poor metric to hold this up against if you're making the case that the level of difficulty is at all within norms as well, considering it has been significantly reduced to make it more accessible...

The last time a legendary event was released i wasn’t even playing. I’m no whale and i got a 6* chewie with a 6* bossk g11, 2 7* g10 boba and greedo, a 6* g9 zam and a 7* g8 ig88. Not even a year playing, no whale, i got him 6* easily.
    How is this even remotely excessive for an event coming almost 3 years in ? I just don’t understand the way people react to this. It’s a brand new legendary character to work towards, a nice new objective in the game. People here want to make another auto marquee out of it.
    Plus all the lies and bad faith like g12+, 6* mods, pre loaded tm. Literally making things up to burn it down and rebuild it an auto marquee.

Yes cg this year has consistently added harder things : str, mythic tiers, wampa/nest tier bounty, now this legendary.
    So that players always have something to go towards no matter how long they’ve been there. Instead of ending up simming everything and gearing up cup to g12+ cause why not.
    How is it not a good thing ?
  • JohnAran wrote: »

Full G12 squad...

The last time a legendary event was released i wasn’t even playing. I’m no whale and i got a 6* chewie with a 6* bossk g11, 2 7* g10 boba and greedo, a 6* g9 zam and a 7* g8 ig88. Not even a year playing, no whale, i got him 6* easily.
    How is this even remotely excessive for an event coming almost 3 years in ? I just don’t understand the way people react to this. It’s a brand new legendary character to work towards, a nice new objective in the game. People here want to make another auto marquee out of it.
    Plus all the lies and bad faith like g12+, 6* mods, pre loaded tm. Literally making things up to burn it down and rebuild it an auto marquee.

Yes cg this year has consistently added harder things : str, mythic tiers, wampa/nest tier bounty, now this legendary.
    So that players always have something to go towards no matter how long they’ve been there. Instead of ending up simming everything and gearing up cup to g12+ cause why not.

Harder content that hits the ceiling, repetitively, and then needs to be nerfed to be more accessible to a broader portion of the player base is never good. By definition, the content this year has been one poor choice after another, needing revision. For example, what just happened to STR, and prior to that, what happened to numerous toons and mechanics because they were working around STR.

Player ability to complete these event will exist on a curve, just like everything else. You're on the upper end of that curve for THIS event, congrats.

Other players that have focused on thing other than the BH squads are not. You think people who jumped at the Solo toons are happy that they got the Smuggler event instead of preparing them for a Legendary? You think people farming KOTOR toons are going to be prepared for this event? Hell, you think people farming the KOTOR toons will be prepared for THAT event, whatever it may be, given this level of difficulty?

There's a larger picture, and that's why there is so much salt about THIS event, because it's just one more instance of the same pattern. I've got Chewie unlocked too, but I couldn't care less. 7* seems fairly pointless at this point, unless I want to divert my resources from elsewhere.
    JohnAran wrote: »

Full G12 squad...

Harder content that hits the ceiling, repetitively, and then needs to be nerfed to be more accessible to a broader portion of the player base is never good. By definition, the content this year has been one poor choice after another, needing revision. For example, what just happened to STR, and prior to that, what happened to numerous toons and mechanics because they were working around STR.

Player ability to complete these event will exist on a curve, just like everything else. You're on the upper end of that curve for THIS event, congrats.

Other players that have focused on thing other than the BH squads are not. You think people who jumped at the Solo toons are happy that they got the Smuggler event instead of preparing them for a Legendary? You think people farming KOTOR toons are going to be prepared for this event? Hell, you think people farming the KOTOR toons will be prepared for THAT event, whatever it may be, given this level of difficulty?

There's a larger picture, and that's why there is so much salt about THIS event, because it's just one more instance of the same pattern. I've got Chewie unlocked too, but I couldn't care less. 7* seems fairly pointless at this point, unless I want to divert my resources from elsewhere.

I’m sorry but i don’t understand the point you’re making. « Other players that have focused on things other than the BH squads are not » ok that’s obviously true, and like, 100% normal ? Should it be different ? They should unlock 7* legendary chewbacca whithout habing to focus on any kind of requirement ? I’m not being sarcastic or anything i genuinely don’t get how you would see this legendary event going.
    People farming kotor are trying to be ready for a kotor event. They are doing this because they know that there might be a requirement for an event regarding kotor toons. Are you saying that they should be able to work on those toons and not bhs but still get the reward for the legendary bh event ?
    Str heroic tier, the content designed for end game players, barely changed if at all. Other end game content such as mythic events and wampa/nest bounty event are very hard too (and go figure... every time a mythic event gets out you can be sure you’ll find people complaining here about the difficulty, same as now)

End game content is destined to get harder and harder with time. I keep hearing about how hard aat was when it got out. Now str is out and aat is easy. Before, thrawn legendary was hard. Now chewie legendary is out and thrawn is easy.
    There are still a lot of things that i can’t do in the game, like getting a 7* legendary chewie, or mythic tier of thrawn event (those phoenix rekt me so hard with my average empire team) and even hstr (although i strongly disagree with comparing a raid to a legendary event, a 50 players event vs a single player event are not the same). I just fail to see how it’s a problem. To be more accurate, i really want people to explain to me how they would want the game to be difficulty wise. Like nothing in this game should be so hard that a very casual ftp 8 month player couldn’t do it ? Or maybe it’s ok to have hard events but no rewards so that people don’t feel bad when they miss out ? Doesn’t matter if they don’t feel good when they succeed then i guess.
    I don’t have anything against complaints but i’d like some credible vision of what would be a good way to keep the game interesting for everyone.
  • Finally did it. It took extreme measures without dengar. ndms0qchjbmp.jpeg
    fqim1dm0cj4w.png
    y12727m3lb68.png
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »

Full G12 squad...

I’m sorry but i don’t understand the point you’re making. « Other players that have focused on things other than the BH squads are not » ok that’s obviously true, and like, 100% normal ? Should it be different ? They should unlock 7* legendary chewbacca whithout habing to focus on any kind of requirement ? I’m not being sarcastic or anything i genuinely don’t get how you would see this legendary event going.
    People farming kotor are trying to be ready for a kotor event. They are doing this because they know that there might be a requirement for an event regarding kotor toons. Are you saying that they should be able to work on those toons and not bhs but still get the reward for the legendary bh event ?
    Str heroic tier, the content designed for end game players, barely changed if at all. Other end game content such as mythic events and wampa/nest bounty event are very hard too (and go figure... every time a mythic event gets out you can be sure you’ll find people complaining here about the difficulty, same as now)

End game content is destined to get harder and harder with time. I keep hearing about how hard aat was when it got out. Now str is out and aat is easy. Before, thrawn legendary was hard. Now chewie legendary is out and thrawn is easy.
    There are still a lot of things that i can’t do in the game, like getting a 7* legendary chewie, or mythic tier of thrawn event (those phoenix rekt me so hard with my average empire team) and even hstr (although i strongly disagree with comparing a raid to a legendary event, a 50 players event vs a single player event are not the same). I just fail to see how it’s a problem. To be more accurate, i really want people to explain to me how they would want the game to be difficulty wise. Like nothing in this game should be so hard that a very casual ftp 8 month player couldn’t do it ? Or maybe it’s ok to have hard events but no rewards so that people don’t feel bad when they miss out ? Doesn’t matter if they don’t feel good when they succeed then i guess.
    I don’t have anything against complaints but i’d like some credible vision of what would be a good way to keep the game interesting for everyone.

Most of us have no issue with difficulty increasing over time.... It's the giant leap that causes concern....

It's pretty hard to climb a ladder when the rungs are 5 feet apart.....
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    As always, I've had to remove and edit some posts.

Not to sound like a broken record but regardless of how frustrated we are we need to keep it civil towards both staff, mods, and each other. We also need to watch our language. There has been way too much cursing and swearing in this thread.

So let's please behave.

Yeah we know. We see the edits on every comment that you change. You know, every time you come into a thread and tell us to “behave” like we are children just adds salt to the wounds right? Maybe just edit the posts that go against the rules without throwing condescending insults at everyone in this thread.