Why shouldn't we be able to change our payout times once a month?

Title says it all, people have important jobs and I see no reason why it wouldn't be a good addition to the game.

I may be wrong though, so please let me know why it would be a bad idea.

Replies

• collusion
  • nQthing
    89 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Terrible idea. However people who move and change time zones should be able to change.

I downloaded the game in Denver airport on my way home to New York. Two hour time zone different is annoying
  • 2 words: SHARD CHATS
  • I wish I could change it at daylight savings . Not sure what I will do this fall
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zefix wrote: »
    collusion
    2 words: SHARD CHATS

Because groups of players will spread out and take over a shard, and on top of that they will increase their income even more.
  • A first step to save new players from the frustrating experience of having the payout times during times where you are normally still at work or have family time: Let them chose the PO Times once they qualify for the arena. At this point they could know how that decision impacts the future gameplay.

And seeing that one major flaw (collusion) is always used as an argument against ideas to fix another even bigger flaw (fixed PO times) of this game mode should be a clear signal, that it is time for some changes... hopefully...
  • I would be happy to change my payout time once forever.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    A first step to save new players from the frustrating experience of having the payout times during times where you are normally still at work or have family time: Let them chose the PO Times once they qualify for the arena. At this point they could know how that decision impacts the future gameplay.

And seeing that one major flaw (collusion) is always used as an argument against ideas to fix another even bigger flaw (fixed PO times) of this game mode should be a clear signal, that it is time for some changes... hopefully...

Collision is not an argument against changing PO time, it's an argument against repeated changes (or any change) that is at the players choice.

If they migrated the whole system to a different time that could be great, but it would need to be across the board and the same for everyone.
  • You should have just "moved to Hawaii" or whatever timezone that is 4 or more hours away when they first introduced this feature. Now they either don't do it or are a lot more strict about it.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Zefix wrote: »
    collusion
    2 words: SHARD CHATS

Because groups of players will spread out and take over a shard, and on top of that they will increase their income even more.

Allowing players to change timezones would have minimal impact in game. Shard chats already exist and contribute way more to collusion than allowing timezone changes would.

Allowing timezone changes would actually make arena much fairer and actually decrease the relative gap of people getting ahead. Players in less populated timezones have much less competition than people in heavily populated timezones. This would even out the playing field and give that one person on your shard who set their timezone to Greenland time competition. They wouldn’t take first place everyday which would decrease their crystal payout and make everyone in the shard relatively more even, which should in theory create more spending.

Allowing timezone changes would increase CG’s bottom line and make players happier. So frustrating they don’t allow this.
  • I would LOVE to change my SWGoH in-game clock. Chaperoned my brother's band trip to Hawaii for a week. Time zone change ended up making it so afternoon energy showed up at 7am, and arena was at 2pm. For the first time in YEARS, I was under no obligation to have my phone during the evening/dinner/night. I had forgotten how peaceful it could be :'(
    Unfortunately, unless CG makes a significant change to the way arena works, there's really no way (I can think of) to allow people to change anything without massive exploitation.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I would LOVE to change my SWGoH in-game clock. Chaperoned my brother's band trip to Hawaii for a week. Time zone change ended up making it so afternoon energy showed up at 7am, and arena was at 2pm. For the first time in YEARS, I was under no obligation to have my phone during the evening/dinner/night. I had forgotten how peaceful it could be :'(
    Unfortunately, unless CG makes a significant change to the way arena works, there's really no way (I can think of) to allow people to change anything without massive exploitation.

Why didn't you get your time zone changed to Hawaii while you were actually physically in Hawaii? It's exactly 4 timezones away from you isn't it?
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I would LOVE to change my SWGoH in-game clock. Chaperoned my brother's band trip to Hawaii for a week. Time zone change ended up making it so afternoon energy showed up at 7am, and arena was at 2pm. For the first time in YEARS, I was under no obligation to have my phone during the evening/dinner/night. I had forgotten how peaceful it could be :'(

Why didn't you get your time zone changed to Hawaii while you were actually physically in Hawaii? It's exactly 4 timezones away from you isn't it?

Yeah but it would be terrible now that I'm back in Illinois. I'd have to go 4 time zones the opposite direction to get the same effect.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).