Omega crunch is real

Prev13
Reyalp
738 posts Member
edited September 2018
Title says it all. Can we get some crazy one time event, something from the vault, with 10 omegas as a reward? (Alternatively, can we get them added in to the Training Droids event at say 1-3 a try?) I'd love to use this awesome Chewy you've gave us, but my 43 zetas are useless without 26 omegas. Oh and his abilities need them too..... Thanks.

Replies

• I really hoped the weekly shop was the 2 omegas like last week, but no.. :(
    I hate when Im zeta ready and forget it needs omegas too....
  • It'd be so great if zetas didn't need omegas too. 20 zetas is hard enough.
  • I’ve been complaining about this for awhile. This is the only legitimate issue with he game. Jesus omegas are out of balance with the pace of farming. Guess I can finish my new chewie next month when I have the omegas, while falling behind on all the toons releases between now and then.
  • I always have plenty of omegas. I just don't waste them on every ability.
  • there's 10 for purchase in weekly shipment
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    there's 10 for purchase in weekly shipment

But those are for Bossk only... I need that 7* chewie
  • I always have plenty of omegas. I just don't waste them on every ability.

You can tell who doesn’t have a strong GP by how many omegas they have. Whenever somebody mentions they have enough omegas it tells you that they suck at TW 100%.

• You're just saying that because they released 35 marquee characters and ships in the last 3 months and you've used them on those!

It would be nice if Omegas were a bit more available. For a while I wasn't having an issue, but then I started adding omegas to abilities and dropping zetas. At my 15th Zeta I was running down to zero on them and keep doing that.

I have to purposely go out of my way to not use them for a couple weeks if I have an upcoming zeta happening. They are the biggest crunch, though credits is a close second I think.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Never thought I'd see the day but I'm all out of omegas and I'm very frugal with using Omegas for the past few weeks. Definitely need a large influx of omegas.
  • I always have more zetas than omegas. Omega mats are frustrating.
  • Likewise, the crunch is real.

I keep hearing in response that "you don't have to omega every toon" and while I agree with that, the problem with the omega crunch is the growing reliance on full squads (FO, NS, BH etc) to compete in certain parts of the game. A year ago it was more about the best individual toons rather than squads.

The Sith Raid made this even harder where you need to have your squads omega'd to get a half decent result. Then TW is constantly putting pressure on squad requirements to make those walls of ideal squads.

More and more it's not about choosing a single toon to put omegas on, it's which squads to put omegas on. Throw in the increase of toons with 5 abilities and we could be talking 25-30+ for an individual, but 150+ for a functional squad in certain instances.

That has definitely created a crunch that IMO warrants a more thought out response than "you don't need to omega every toon".
  • Seriously. I'm sitting on about 85 zeta pieces, and I have 0 omegas. Something about this is very out of whack.

• A good suggestion would be to increase the difficulty in the severely dated omega reoccurring events and rewarding like 5-10 omegas.

That way you can make people farm better toons for those events and increase the rewards.

An omega heist would be a nice addition as well since we can never have enough.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I always have plenty of omegas. I just don't waste them on every ability.

If gearing successful STR squads, successful LS/DS TB squads, successful TW squads that require the opponent squads to die 5 or more times holding defense, or getting a Legendary toon is wasteful, then I am guilty of it.

The success of my guild and my ability to grow and use new squads outweighs me needing to horde. There is no catchup button like WoW. When I read Git Gudder and I don’t have a problem with my omegas, I tend to agree Olddumper’s assessment.
    Post edited by USAFmedic129 on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

There are ways around any crunch.

That being said, we have seen a lot of gear love going on with various nee sources being offered. With any hope we will see the same thing start to happen to ability materials.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg.

Wow, they refunded ALL your Old Daka investment! Nice work! 😂
  • robjay04 wrote: »
    A good suggestion would be to increase the difficulty in the severely dated omega reoccurring events and rewarding like 5-10 omegas.
    Or add another tier or two to them. It's nice being able to complete them at lower levels but adding to them for higher levels would be good too. :)
  • Luckily for me i started the game probably much later than you guys, which means i don’t really feel the omega crunch. Not that i have lots of it, i’m sitting at 4 right now. I just don’t have enough purple to reach the omega level on my toons :smiley:
  • As a rule of thumb, I stop spending omegas when I have 10+ zetas on hand. Seems to come out to being able to spend my zetas right around when I hit 20. But I'm also not spending a ton of fleet currency on zetas, and I only get 1 Zeta per tw.
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    Seriously. I'm sitting on about 85 zeta pieces, and I have 0 omegas. Something about this is very out of whack.

This is a great explanation of why the crunch is broke. Zeta mats have no value to me anymore because I simply can’t keep pace with the omega.
  • I wish I could get a ship omega every day, or buy one with ship currency.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

That being said, we have seen a lot of gear love going on with various nee sources being offered. With any hope we will see the same thing start to happen to ability materials.

How did you ever manage to horde 4 toons worth of omega mats?

It was said well be a post earlier in this thread, we are building squads not toons. 177 feels like a lot of omegas because that is like 5 months worth of farming but if you want to build a whole squad for Tw that’s about how many it takes.

Between Jango and chewie alone it’s 87 omega mats.
  • I'm all for loads of omegas
  • Gotta say, omegas are definitely the pain that the Op has portrayed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Olddumper wrote: »
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

It was said well be a post earlier in this thread, we are building squads not toons. 177 feels like a lot of omegas because that is like 5 months worth of farming but if you want to build a whole squad for Tw that’s about how many it takes.

I dont spend on anything I dont need. At this point I will probably spend one zeta and 2 omegas, for something I want, anything else is reserved for making a team i need or actively use better, but even then I hesitate to make sure it's a "necessity".

I am not as bad as others I know. I hoard to spend, others hoard to save. Everyone just needs to find their own balance.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

I dont spend on anything I dont need. At this point I will probably spend one zeta and 2 omegas, for something I want, anything else is reserved for making a team i need or actively use better, but even then I hesitate to make sure it's a "necessity".

I am not as bad as others I know. I hoard to spend, others hoard to save. Everyone just needs to find their own balance.

*not seeing the sarcasm pointing out that 177 omega mats is hardly anything.
  • This chewie event is a perfect example. Unlocked chewie congrats. Have 40 zeta mats woohoo. Oh what you have 0 omega mats. Well go ahead and play with him in a month.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    iwzmbaau6x5b.jpg

*not seeing the sarcasm pointing out that 177 omega mats is hardly anything.

I very rarely drop below 80, unless I want to. So that's more than enough to stay flexible.
  • I’m opposite of Kyno- I live band to mouth in this game.
    I never have enough omegas lol but they are showing up more. Those crazy mythics, weekly shipments.

I like that omegas are kind of the stranglehold for zetas. But more is always nice! But you can get some. Like the omega events today - it may be worth it to refresh that tier. You can buy them in fleet shop - but let’s be serious we don’t even want to buy ships in fleet lol

TW does help. It’s a nice splurge of them.
  • I’m opposite of Kyno- I live band to mouth in this game.
    I never have enough omegas lol but they are showing up more. Those crazy mythics, weekly shipments.

I like that omegas are kind of the stranglehold for zetas. But more is always nice! But you can get some. Like the omega events today - it may be worth it to refresh that tier. You can buy them in fleet shop - but let’s be serious we don’t even want to buy ships in fleet lol

TW does help. It’s a nice splurge of them.

TW would be the perfect place for them. The winning guild should get 10 more or so at the highest go bracket and scale down from there.