Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    As always, I've had to remove and edit some posts.

Not to sound like a broken record but regardless of how frustrated we are we need to keep it civil towards both staff, mods, and each other. We also need to watch our language. There has been way too much cursing and swearing in this thread.

So let's please behave.

Yeah we know. We see the edits on every comment that you change. You know, every time you come into a thread and tell us to “behave” like we are children just adds salt to the wounds right? Maybe just edit the posts that go against the rules without throwing condescending insults at everyone in this thread.

Maybe if you didn't act like a child you wouldn't be treated like one? It is possible to complain without being childish or insulting.
  • I understand the frustration people have regarding the increased expectations on this Legendary, but when is it ever a good idea to make assumptions about an upcoming event in this game? 7 star Chewie does not require fully geared toons, be strategic in your decisions on who to gear and in what order. Know the abilities of the toons and make smart choices as an F2P.

I am F2P and I do not have fully geared BH. Have I been around long enough to know to start working on BH? With all of the information available to us, definitely. I chose to focus on Bossk and start gearing BH. I could have easily chosen to work on something else, but then I would have no cause to complain right? If a KOTOR event pops up next week, I am screwed and I deal with it. Did I zeta Bossk, sure I did. But I also have 80 zeta mats not utilized because as an F2P player I have to be strategic and deploy gear smartly.

It sucks to have picked wrong and focused elsewhere. Take ownership of that and don't blame the devs. Was it a surprise that the level of difficulty increased? Sure it was, but making assumptions based on past events is not the same as being prepared. I held on to some gear just in case my gear 8 Dengar and gear 9 Greedo were not enough. That's called planning.

Btw, gear 8 Dengar worked out fine and I gave Greedo the last 2 pieces to get to 10 (that I held onto...just in case!)

Plan better next time and don't blame others for your choices.

• I got a 5* chewy and I'm not mad about it, but if the devs goal was to create an event to drive the community apart judging by the forum they hit it out of the park with this one. Probably more so than the hsr.
  • I think it's funny that people are saying this isn't harder than other legendary's - it clearly is. It's not close really.

I've been around almost a year. My first Legendary was Thrawn, which, prior to this was the hardest i saw. I got my Thrawn to 6* with a 6* team and no one was past G7. Couple were 6. They were modded. No omegas.

I don't have 5 5* Bh's. I was going to push for it by the end of the event, but there's no point. BF G10, 7*, IG, G9, 7*, Cad G9 7*, all modded and 4* Greedo/Bossk. G7's lightly modded. Barely got by T4. Any other event i'd get by T4 easily enough with 5 4* toons.

T5 req's on this event say G11. For T5? People claim to do Thrawn with G6/7 lvl 77 toons for crying out loud. I had 2 G8, 2 G9, and 1 G10 with all 5 having 1 omega to do Thrawn 7*. that level a team barely gets you by T3/4 on this.

I'm not going to complain about difficulty getting G12 gear. It's not easy, but it isn't supposed to be either. But requiring it for an event seems a bit steep. It's doable enough at FTP, but you don't do it in a few days, it's takes a few (2-4) weeks for a team - providing you're already 11 across the board.

I don't have a full BH squad so i didn't expect at all to 7 him first time. I did expect that with 3 7*'s that i'd be able to get through 5. Clearly, not happening with the req's for T5 saying G11.
  • Wooooooo got my 6*! Barely, but it happened. But not 7*. No way, no how.
    aawsm93.png[\img]
  • Gratz....
  • WC75 wrote: »
    I understand the frustration people have regarding the increased expectations on this Legendary, but when is it ever a good idea to make assumptions about an upcoming event in this game? 7 star Chewie does not require fully geared toons, be strategic in your decisions on who to gear and in what order. Know the abilities of the toons and make smart choices as an F2P.

I am F2P and I do not have fully geared BH. Have I been around long enough to know to start working on BH? With all of the information available to us, definitely. I chose to focus on Bossk and start gearing BH. I could have easily chosen to work on something else, but then I would have no cause to complain right? If a KOTOR event pops up next week, I am screwed and I deal with it. Did I zeta Bossk, sure I did. But I also have 80 zeta mats not utilized because as an F2P player I have to be strategic and deploy gear smartly.

It sucks to have picked wrong and focused elsewhere. Take ownership of that and don't blame the devs. Was it a surprise that the level of difficulty increased? Sure it was, but making assumptions based on past events is not the same as being prepared. I held on to some gear just in case my gear 8 Dengar and gear 9 Greedo were not enough. That's called planning.

Btw, gear 8 Dengar worked out fine and I gave Greedo the last 2 pieces to get to 10 (that I held onto...just in case!)

Hoarding gear and materials doesn't work for people that can't afford to do it, or haven't been around long enough to not need to spend it to still progress. I think you're mistaking "good planning" for "guessing right" because your choices are valid in hindsight.

The devs claim to "drop hints" all the time so we can "plan" and make "smart" decisions. It's all guess work. There is no planning. That's why people rightly get ticked at the Devs when things like this "surprise" a majority of the player base. They could, realistically, just straight tell us what's coming down the pike weeks, if not a full quarter in advance. They know what's going to be happening.

They don't because the "bad planning" drives spending during the events.
  • That event was infuriating. I’ve slowly been working on Bounty Hunters since the release of the DS TB. But after a few days of trying, I finally managed to get 7* Chewie. I used all the ftp BHs, all G12 all zetad (except Cad).

There was no way I was going to beat the preload TM so instead I loaded up my BHs with potency for Boba lead (it tanks them up massively because of his lead). I then put crit chance and dmg on boba for his execute, and loaded greedo up with crit chance in the hopes he would string a few heavy dmg shots together on Chewie.

Turns out it worked, and I was left with Boba and Dengar at the end.

Now I can get to work beefing up the rebels with Chewie!
  • Zanads wrote: »
    WC75 wrote: »
    I understand the frustration people have regarding the increased expectations on this Legendary, but when is it ever a good idea to make assumptions about an upcoming event in this game? 7 star Chewie does not require fully geared toons, be strategic in your decisions on who to gear and in what order. Know the abilities of the toons and make smart choices as an F2P.

Hoarding gear and materials doesn't work for people that can't afford to do it, or haven't been around long enough to not need to spend it to still progress. I think you're mistaking "good planning" for "guessing right" because your choices are valid in hindsight.

The devs claim to "drop hints" all the time so we can "plan" and make "smart" decisions. It's all guess work. There is no planning. That's why people rightly get ticked at the Devs when things like this "surprise" a majority of the player base. They could, realistically, just straight tell us what's coming down the pike weeks, if not a full quarter in advance. They know what's going to be happening.

They don't because the "bad planning" drives spending during the events.

I disagree. I held onto the gear simply for that purpose. If a different event came out that I wanted to participate in and wasn't ready on the toons required for it then I would have key gear pieces and Zetas waiting. That is being strategic and planning for the unknown. It's a choice to gear now or wait. The meta doesn't shift so quickly in arena to "stay competitive " in the game as you note that you can't choose to hold back some gear. The devs said numerous times that legendary events were coming...plan better in the future and don't try to predict what will happen.
  • For those of you who cant beat tier 7, I strongly suggest watching Ahnaldt101s video on this event. I just beat it (after about 3 hours of trying) without bossk and with only a zeta on greedo. The team I used was boba lead, greedo, cad, dengar and ig-88. All gear 12 except 88/cad who are at gear 11. I spent a TON of time along with swgoh.gg to move mods around. I managed to get my teams total potency to around 440% which gave me enough of a health boost to survive the onslaught.

• That event was infuriating. I’ve slowly been working on Bounty Hunters since the release of the DS TB. But after a few days of trying, I finally managed to get 7* Chewie. I used all the ftp BHs, all G12 all zetad (except Cad).

There was no way I was going to beat the preload TM so instead I loaded up my BHs with potency for Boba lead (it tanks them up massively because of his lead). I then put crit chance and dmg on boba for his execute, and loaded greedo up with crit chance in the hopes he would string a few heavy dmg shots together on Chewie.

Turns out it worked, and I was left with Boba and Dengar at the end.

Now I can get to work beefing up the rebels with Chewie!

Congratulations, i tryed Many times with Boba and Bossk 12 3 equipments XII, all Zetas and Mod 6, Greedo, Zam and IG-88 equipments XI band they are slaugthered all times, With boba lead wasted slaugthered too. Chew 6 stars was super Hard, but did, but seems impossible 7 stars without super mods 6, or you need a perfect rng to do it, by now seems impossible. Wanted stop playing with Cherry 7 stars in the rooster, but Will only be 6 stars
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    As always, I've had to remove and edit some posts.

Not to sound like a broken record but regardless of how frustrated we are we need to keep it civil towards both staff, mods, and each other. We also need to watch our language. There has been way too much cursing and swearing in this thread.

So let's please behave.

Yeah we know. We see the edits on every comment that you change. You know, every time you come into a thread and tell us to “behave” like we are children just adds salt to the wounds right? Maybe just edit the posts that go against the rules without throwing condescending insults at everyone in this thread.

Maybe if you didn't act like a child you wouldn't be treated like one? It is possible to complain without being childish or insulting.

I haven’t had any of my comments edited or deleted by him. I am just very active on these forums. Every single major thread that pops up he comes on, and makes his presence known with condescending remarks towards the community. I find it very unprofessional and don’t think that it’s ok. Cleaning up the thread where it’s needed is totally fine. But being rude to the community while doing it isn’t ok.
  • my biggest gripe is that if you don’t have 1, or possibly two, very specific BH characters, you can’t even come close to unlocking him, regardless of level. I could swear they said ‘bounty hunters’, not ‘dengar required under a gr 12 boba.’. now my BH are not fully geared up, but still, should be able to at least unlock... why not have 7 tiers and you unlock at tier 1 as 1*, so if you can’t get past t-whatever you at least get the unlock? also, the first two tiers were ridiculously easy, gr 9 boba one special wipes out. why even have tiers 1-4 if the defining tier for unlocking is that prohibitive? if when you get to t5 and it’s outright impossible to unlock with the teams that were able to beat t4, just award the 145 shards at t5 and eliminate t1-4 and don’t lead us all on.
  • DesolousTheDark
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Is that speed? The chewie event is beyond any hero's journey difficulty. I'm using Ahnald's strat, I'm focusing on chewie, and I'm fricking bleeding everywhere because im so frustrated, I've run out of places to bruise on my body.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Self inflicted injuries over a game is some next level crazy
  • Wooooooo got my 6*! Barely, but it happened. But not 7*. No way, no how.
    aawsm93.png[\img]

You should be able to get 7 star with that team and proper mods
  • nQthing wrote: »
    Self inflicted injuries over a game is some next level crazy

You haven't seen nothin yet if you think that's next level
  • Ahnold played for a long time and got crazy RNG. Forget his strategy. I unlocked him with g9 Bossk zeta lead, g12 Boba, and g11 IG88, Dengar, and Greedo. Took 4 tries I think and RNG was helpful. I put arena mods on them and it wasn't impossible.

https://swgoh.gg/u/otbg35/
  • People are really overreacting about this one.
  • Pain makes me feel alive.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Wooooooo got my 6*! Barely, but it happened. But not 7*. No way, no how.
    aawsm93.png[\img]

You should be able to get 7 star with that team and proper mods

Lol - only if he has 4 hours to spare trying...and an extra hour moving mods around.

You see, that's the other annoying thing about CG designing this particular event. You need arena-speed mods to have a chance....but by CG's own admission, BH teams are not designed for arena. So they intentionally designed an event to make you waste more time moving mods back and forth....and spending more resources on it.

And please don't even bring up the new mod features. They are virtually useless for this type of situation. In fact, if you are at the limit, you can't even direct swap to someone with an open slot.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Emguy wrote: »
    Threads like this won't bring any change. Use some grammar and express yourself in a way that is more legible and you may get noticed. You literally don't even have a topic

No you won't. CG will NEVER read any of these posts. That would mean that they'd have to actually come to their own forums.

This event is a clear sign of another paywall gap. If Gear 12+ (which you get by either paying for it, or being able to finish hSTR) is required to beat this event, then there's a disconnect and a major issue. I mean, I know you guys have to work with EA, doesn't mean you have to have the same ethics as them.

Also, if we're ambushing them, why do they get to go first?
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Lol all the kids who couldn't unlock chewie whining 😂😂😂😂
  • Event is a joke. Mega preloaded turn meter...tons of aoe...lots of stuns. My G12 toons don’t even get to take a turn. Awesome...
  • Finally completed t7. Battled most of the day, on and off, with heavy focus from about 5-9pm.

OG BH’s: boba lead (g12), Greedo, Dengar, Cad, Zam (all g11), moded for potency (over 100% each) and the MVP was Greedo, believe it or not. After dying instantaneously in practically ever battle of the day, in THIS one, he multi-tapped Chewbacca 5 times in a row and killed him, leaving 4 healthy bounty hunters to take care of the rest (Cad died on the opening salvo of attacks). Then I killed Han for the contracts payout, then ROLO, then Lando and finally , R2.

Hardest legendary event to date, hands down, but extremely rewarding if you have the time to put forth to get the RNG to work in your favor. I’m sure it’s much easier with all g12, all new BH’s, but it is possible with the old ones if you’re determined and have the time.

Came very close to hard farming Bossk in a moment of psychosis; thank god I didn’t and waste the crystals in a rage farm.
  • I am running all g12 fully modded Boba, IG88, Dengar, Cad Bane and Greedo. I beat 6* but 7* is a laugh even with every ounce of potency I can muster up. If they want me to spend money they are gonna have to do better than recycling characters.
  • I was woefully underprepared for this Legendary, but I managed to unlock a 5* star Chewbacca with this underpowered team: https://swgoh.gg/squads/106644/

Yes, you are reading that correctly--Dengar is only gear tier 5, and Bossk was only 5*. Boba is the highest at tier 9. And while it took some RNG, I didn't try more than about 20 times.

For me, the key was to have Bossk modded to have higher speed than Boba. Bossk needs to be able to use his Hunting Party ability before Boba's Execute. The assists from Hunting Party should all but eliminate Chewie's protection (especially if Greedo gets multiple attacks) and put one or two debuffs on Chewie, which provide extra damage when dispelled by Boba's Execute and kills him. Target Han next to complete Boba's contract and it gets pretty easy from there.

Greedo had three critical chance sets to increase his chance of multi-attacks and his TM removal/regain from Threaten. And I tried to get as much potency on all of them to maximize Boba's leader ability and give them some extra survivability.

As for the RNG, I needed the following to be true after the initial onslaught:

1. All five BH still alive.
    2. Dengar stealthed, preventing R2 from applying stealth with his smokescreen.
    3. Bossk and Boba cannot be stunned or ability blocked. It relies on getting that Hunting Party-Execute combo to kill Chewie quickly.

With Bossk only 5*, however, I don't think I'll be able to go any further. I'd have to replace Bossk with a currently 6* Zam. maybe I'll get him next time around. As it is, I am pretty happy to get him at 5* this time around. First time I've unlocked any legendary on its first time around. Usually I miss out, unlock at 5* or 6* the second time, and unlock at 7* the third time.
  • I'd have given up on T7 if but for one random try, I got to a 1 v 1 with Boba and R2, I got stunned to death.
    Nearly every other try has ended with my team decimated in the opening, I can't say exchange, because it's not, it's very one sided.
    What's worse, I have a G9 Cad who is better than my G12 IG88, go figure?!?
    So I'm stuck in RNG hell, fight, abort, try again.
    This will test the patience of a saint, of which, I'm not one...
    Glutton for punishment, that I am.
    I'm going back to try for that 7* Chewie, just one more go...
    Good luck guys
  • Pulsehammer
    158 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Took MANY tries using my Bounty Hunters and switching all my arena mods onto them for max speed.

ZzBossk(L), ZBoba, ZGreedo, ZIG88, Zam

All G12 except Zam(G11). Had to kill Chewie first. Not sure how I even got the opportunity. Like I said, took a lot of tries. Made me mad enough to shake a baby and kick a priest.