Whine free-zone to share Chewie strats :)

1235Next

Replies

• FTP Here. I just got Chewie at 6* with this team.

zBossk 6* 85 G11
    Boba 7* 85 G9
    Greedo 7* 85 G8
    Zam 7* 85 G9
    IG88 7* 85 G9

I gave them my Arena mods(since I have yet to get 6E mods) which gave them all over 210 speed.

After trying 5* for hours without the mods, when I gave them to them, I beat it the first time. 6* I had no trouble with. Make sure you take out Chewie first. Once he is gone, the rest fall apart.

As soon as I get my Bossk to 7* and gear everyone up, I'll get a 7* Chewie next time he rolls around!
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Just got Chewie 7* with zBoba (g12), ig-88 (g11), Zam (g10), Dengar (g9), Bane (g10). Took me about an hour.

I watched Ahnald101's video first, and that helped. Anyway, this is the method:

1.CC and CD mods on Boba
    2.Tons of potency on the rest
    3.Watch telly or something while playing, and place your tablet or phone to the side, so you don't lose your mind, due to all the times you'll lose and have to retreat
    4.Retreat if R2 stealths the team or if Boba dies, during the initial onslaught
    5.First use Execute on Chewie
    6.Throw thermal detonators with Zam. It really helps as they start exploding (Ahnald used Greedo instead of Zam, but her higher health+prot made her the better choice for me).
    7.Kill Chewie (If you succeed, pick up the phone or tablet and concentrate, since you'll have a small but real chance)
    8.Kill Han, to fulfill contract
    9.Kill Lando and Leia, starting with the weakest one
    10.Kill R2
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    zBossk G12 (235 speed), Boba G11 (208), Zam G10 (210), Greedo G10 (194) and Dengar G10 (186). Had to get an opening salvo that didn't stun or block Bossk and stealthed Dengar.. but after that it went well. Chewie, Lando, Han, Leia then R2 kill order. Zam went down hard after 1 attack, but Bossk managed to tank like a champ for a while. Finished with Greedo, Boba and Dengar still standing. Luckily it took no more than 10 attempts.. I had a tougher time at T5 for some reason.
  • Managed 7* with g12 boba lead, g12 greedo, g12 dengar g11 cad g11 zam. Took me a few hundred attempts to get that perfect rng, boba execute to start then greedo multishot chewie down, stunned han with cad then greedo multishot him down to virtually no health, boba finished him off and regained his buff. With the contract complete it went smoothly. Zam took opening attacks and survived to die off Hans first special, so luck and rng played a huge part, I ran cc/CD mods on greedo fett dengar and cad with around +100 speed on each, zam speed potency +123 speed. I know this thread isnt for complaining but the opening cut scene got very annoying! To all who are still trying keep at it, good luck and may the force be with you
  • Phew, just got 7* chewie with zBF (g12+3), greedo (g11+3), zam (g11+2), cad (g11), dengar (g10+2). Had 380% total potency and arena mods, but no one was over 216 speed. Basically just did it over and over for hours, until I got a lucky run where all of these happened:
    - dengar stealthed and r2 used smokescreen initally
    - only BF died (and revived)
    - only cad and greedo got ability blocked
    - zam tossed dets and 4/5 stuck
    - they stunned zam and kept trying to stun her (she died, but no one else was stunned)
    - han was high tm so greedo used his buff remove and immediately went again to throw dets
    - lando didn't resist cads stun
    - dengar stunned chewie after a successful execute crit
    - boba, greedo, and cad managed double (or triple) taps
    - dengars assists actually went off

That was a lot of rng tilted my way for a single run. The challenge is having the patience (and battery) to sit through that cutscene hour after hour and keep at it. I knew I could complete it when I killed chewie and boba almost double tapped lando and killed him, but lando hung on by a tiny red thread and biva didn't regain bh resolve. Lost that one, but it gave me the confidence to keep trying. Good luck!
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I'm a F2Per with severely underdeveloped BH. I was able to unlock a 5* Chewie with this team:

7* Boba Lead - lvl 85, gear 9
    5* Bossk - lvl 85, gear 8
    7* Greedo - lvl 85, gear 7
    7* Cad Bane - lvl 82, gear 7
    7* Dengar - lvl 80, gear 5.

No zetas; Dengar isn't even maxed out on his skills. All had 5* mods. The important thing for me was that Bossk had more speed than Boba (both were 200+). I also gave Greedo three crit chance sets to maximize his multi-attacks and TM removal/regain from Threaten. Finally, I gave all BH as much potency as possible for extra survivability through Boba's lead.

Strategically, the goal is to kill Chewie as quickly as possible. First Bossk uses Hunting Party. With bonus attacks from Greedo, this knocked out his protection and placed a couple of debuffs. This sets him up perfectly for Boba's Execute to take him out with the bonus damage from dispelling the debuffs. I then use Greedo's Threaten on whoever has the most TM (for me, it was Han). His crit chance was so high that he would immediately go again with the TM he regained. Finish Han for the contract and it's pretty easy from here out.

I don't know that I'll be able to go any further. Will have to replace 5* Bossk with a 6* or 7* Zam that is currently only lvl 70 and gear 6. Not sure if investing in her and the other BHs will be enough, and with CLS coming up, thinking I will save my resources to level/gear the characters needed for that instead.
  • I’m ftp, I did it 7* with Zbossk (lead) g12, Bova g12, greedo g11, ig88 g11, zam g8. Took a lot to get the right rng, but it is definitely doable. Took down Chewie first, then Han, the rest is breeze. However, I gave them strong Arena mods, boba and bossk were 245 speed, the others 210-225.
  • palan_q wrote: »
    I'm a F2Per with severely underdeveloped BH. I was able to unlock a 5* Chewie with this team:

7* Boba Lead - lvl 85, gear 9
    5* Bossk - lvl 85, gear 8
    7* Greedo - lvl 85, gear 7
    7* Cad Bane - lvl 82, gear 7
    7* Dengar - lvl 80, gear 5.

No zetas; Dengar isn't even maxed out on his skills. All had 5* mods. The important thing for me was that Bossk had more speed than Boba (both were 200+). I also gave Greedo three crit chance sets to maximize his multi-attacks and TM removal/regain from Threaten. Finally, I gave all BH as much potency as possible for extra survivability through Boba's lead.

Strategically, the goal is to kill Chewie as quickly as possible. First Bossk uses Hunting Party. With bonus attacks from Greedo, this knocked out his protection and placed a couple of debuffs. This sets him up perfectly for Boba's Execute to take him out with the bonus damage from dispelling the debuffs. I then use Greedo's Threaten on whoever has the most TM (for me, it was Han). His crit chance was so high that he would immediately go again with the TM he regained. Finish Han for the contract and it's pretty easy from here out.

I don't know that I'll be able to go any further. Will have to replace 5* Bossk with a 6* or 7* Zam that is currently only lvl 70 and gear 6. Not sure if investing in her and the other BHs will be enough, and with CLS coming up, thinking I will save my resources to level/gear the characters needed for that instead.

I’m in a similar situation....conceivable I could throw everything at it and try and get a 6* unlock. I’ve decided I’ll go back to gearing my Arena team and farming the Vets for now!
    I’m guessing I have 3 months to get Boba to G12 + Omegas and my other BHs to G10/11. Go for 7* next time!
  • g3tfpc1raqej.png
    pa21r1y37qdh.png
    busvkdxfe5l1.png
    41zbjpfpv6s1.png
    5qnez0ae46n7.png
    kp0ih4wcnrot.png
    n55g1lr5onzt.png
    criziyqhzzfu.png
    k8jvdwwal7tt.png
  • Beat 7* with OG boba g12 dengar g12z gredo g11 ig88 g11 and cad bane g11 took maybe ten tries. Only had boba dengar and cad after the first attack. Hit chewie with boba missile and got a stun then it was easy. Only dengar and boba were left. RNG and kill chewie then Han Lando rolo r2. I put my arena mods on all except ig88 - around +100 +90 +80 and +70 speed. I used Bossk g11 up to 6 star and won first time every time. My Bossk is only 6star so I had to use boba on 7* I think some people are quiting after they lose two toons at first. Just try once chewie is dead it was pretty easy. It did take LUCK to get the crits and stuns on chewie. Use cad stuns and dengar stuns wisely.