Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• Aplus
    138 posts Member
    edited September 2018
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No matter the difficulty, they will not reduce it now, as many people have beat it and have invested to do so. They will not negate that investment
  • Kyno wrote: »
    No matter the difficulty, they will not reduce it now, as many people have beat it and have invested to do so. They will not negate that investment

While you're here, Im not positive about enemy mechanics, but I assumed the enemy team had all zeta abilities and lead abilities active (like the mythic with sith) Is that how it worked?
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Yea, I beat t7 with all g11s. Really wasn't bad once I got the mechanics of the enemy team. Those who understand how the hunters work will be fine beating it. Everyone seems to think speed is king for this event, but durability and utilizing their individual kits is much much more important. I saw so many posts about struggling to beat it with fully g12 teams, but they were modded completely wrong, so no surprise. TBH I like that it's this hard. it rewards those that love the faction and know how to utilize all the intricate combinations between them, rather than ppl just pouring in 100+ speed and hitting auto. (I did auto tiers 1-6 tho lol)

Which comp did you use?
  • I used Bossk, Boba, Dengar, Cad, and embo (my guildmates used zam for the same effect)
    But like i said, I assumed all zetas and leads were active, so I was trying to avoid giving them tm with aoe debuffs and such.
  • Event is just perfect
  • Gannon wrote: »
    I used Bossk, Boba, Dengar, Cad, and embo (my guildmates used zam for the same effect)
    But like i said, I assumed all zetas and leads were active, so I was trying to avoid giving them tm with aoe debuffs and such.

As I see it, the easiest way is zBossk + Dengar and proper mods. Dengar was login character and this was a clue. I knew it meant something but was not willing to spend on him to get him to 7*. So much for being prepared. Beating the event without Dengar is a completely different story.
  • 1qsbn0xpdn24.jpg
    These guys got me a 7* chewie. Mod them right and follow good strategy, plus obviously good rng, and you can do it. Great event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gannon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

While you're here, Im not positive about enemy mechanics, but I assumed the enemy team had all zeta abilities and lead abilities active (like the mythic with sith) Is that how it worked?

Only the devs can answer that.
  • :/ well.. guess we'll never know then..
  • For han yes. The lead is just a basic omega Hoth Leia lead.
  • I beat tier 5 with Boba(L) g12, cad bane g11, ig88 g11, zam g8, greedo g8. I just accepted the 5* chewie and in the meantime will star and gear Bossk and Dengar to get the t7. What I don't agree with are events with pre-loaded TM that don't require any sort of skill, but rely 100% on RNG. I only beat tier 5 because I tried a dozen times, and one of those times RNG worked in my favor.

I would agree with this for the most part. What I don't agree with was the big jump from tier 4 to tier 5. If they want to encourage panic farming there needs to be an achievable prize at the end. Previous ones if you could panic farm to 5* you could at least get a consolation prize of the toon at 5* as long as you'd bothered to get them to g8 as I recall.

I managed to 7* chewie largely because I just had to panic gear 1-2 toons leading up to the event (and had stupidly good rng at the end) but this event also convinced me not to bother panic farming ever again if my toons aren't already 7* & g9. I had the luxury of panic farming gear because I'm enough into the end game that my gearing focus has switched from getting arena teams up to snuff to focusing on B and C PvE teams. I just shifted my focus from one B team to another. Many however who have the resources to panic farm to 5* are still far enough away from that level of end game to not have the luxury of panic gearing a non-arena team.

That, IMO, isn't fair or fun. 5* is an achievable panic farm goal for mid game players, g11 isn't. Why should a midgame player bother to care about a legendary if the requirements to even unlock the toon are beyond their means? Especially when, as you said, mechanics are designed so getting even 5* is subject to rng and not any form of strategy. I tried 50+ times using essentially the same strategy as the youtubers suggested before it panned out for me.
  • This Event is easy, you need the right characters. In this case Dengar, but no Bossk is needed.
  • I agree that CG should communicate if this is the new cap of difficulty for future legendaries.

I have my chewie at 7, but I did not enjoy the event. I allmost quit the game.

I don’t know if I want to work this hard for characters that are not even meta.
  • gflegui wrote: »
    I agree that CG should communicate if this is the new cap of difficulty for future legendaries.

I have my chewie at 7, but I did not enjoy the event. I allmost quit the game.

I don’t know if I want to work this hard for characters that are not even meta.

I think it was only predictable it would be hard.

We can all agree that the legendaries have progressively got harder. While doable with average toons, bb8 and thrawn were worlds more difficult than r2, palpatine and especially Yoda.

Since the last legendary, the game has added numerous mythic events with increased difficulties, HSTR and now 6 dot mods.

Obviously new events going forward will be hard as they should.

Was I the only one disappointed when I first started playing the game how easy it was to unlock palpatine and Yoda?
  • robjay04
    86 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

Well they kind of already did for HSTR.

Nightsisters?

Even my elite p1 resistance team...I invested so much and now they made it easier because people whined. I could’ve invested half as much.

They should’ve left heroic alone. It should be a goal to work towards...it’s not like nobody in the game is doing heroic. My shard is littered with them in the top 50.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    This post should be deleted as it's against terms not to mention ridiculous.

As are posts about moderation
  • robjay04 wrote: »
    Seriously

Accept the challenge

I beat it with an 80k team

G9 zbossk (no i didn’t whale him, farm from day one using 50 crystals for refills at times)

G12 boba

G11 Greedo

G10 cad bane

G7 dengar

Greedo, bane and Dengar didn’t even have omegas. My mods weren’t that good either..basically whatever decent ones I had that wasn’t equipped. Only Boba and Bossk has speed over 200. Dengar and Bane had 164 and 152...Greedo around 190.

It wasn’t easy but doable. It took about a half hour to beat t7. I had the first 6 done before I got out of bed.

Yeah I'm calling bull on this. Post some screen shots
  • 100% disagree with this thread. If they lower it now for the less deserving its a giant slap in the face to those that worked hard

And raising the difficulty on thrawn after people had him maxed out and others hadn't wasn't?
  • 100% disagree with this thread. If they lower it now for the less deserving its a giant slap in the face to those that worked hard

And raising the difficulty on thrawn after people had him maxed out and others hadn't wasn't?

Did they raise the difficulty?
  • Terrible idea, let's keep in mind that all games evolve and they get better and harder. Remember the day when we struggled completing Heroic Raid? Now a single toon can solo it! Same for the tank. Now we have higher level gear, toons with more omega and zeta, even 5 dot mods. Ultimately, toons are stronger and faster, the game needs to evolve along with toon improvements.
  • Kyno wrote: »

STR would beg to differ...
  • I have managed 6* and feel it is nice to have a challenge. Not every event needs to be easy. Threatening to quit over this is absolutely ridiculous.
  • My issue with this event is that it is first of it kind that ruled out players below level of 85 of unlocking Chewie at 5* as some of the gear at recommended level requires levels 83 and 85 to be equipped.

Furthermore I am not aware of anyone with 5 BH at 5* unlocking it at 5* or team of 6* BH unlocking it at 6* which is possible for all other legendary events.
  • w41sxcduyoie.jpeg

Used this about 50 times and finally got rng on my side. Legendary does not mean easy.
  • robjay04 wrote: »
    Seriously

Accept the challenge

G9 zbossk (no i didn’t whale him, farm from day one using 50 crystals for refills at times)

G12 boba

G11 Greedo

G10 cad bane

G7 dengar

Greedo, bane and Dengar didn’t even have omegas. My mods weren’t that good either..basically whatever decent ones I had that wasn’t equipped. Only Boba and Bossk has speed over 200. Dengar and Bane had 164 and 152...Greedo around 190.

It wasn’t easy but doable. It took about a half hour to beat t7. I had the first 6 done before I got out of bed.

Sorry, but this is hard to believe. I have Bossk, Boba, Greedo, Zam and IG88 all G12 all Zeta and cannot beat tier 7. Tried to switch in Dengar (G9), but only made me die faster.

Not sure what event you are playing, but if I cannot beat a BH event with a team of G12 Zeta BH, then the difficulty is wrong.

I honestly think EA is trying to pull some coin out of our pockets hoping people invest in Jango.
  • @Kyo - stick with Dengar in place of 88.. maybe get him to g10 if possible. Once you get an opening salvo that doesn't cripple Bossk or Boba and Dengar nullifies smokescreen, you should have a good shot at it. A few ifs in there, I know, but I was able to get through with 3 still standing. zBossk g12, Fett 11, Zam Greedo and Dengar 10.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    robjay04 wrote: »
    Seriously

Accept the challenge

G12 boba

G11 Greedo

G10 cad bane

G7 dengar

Sorry, but this is hard to believe. I have Bossk, Boba, Greedo, Zam and IG88 all G12 all Zeta and cannot beat tier 7. Tried to switch in Dengar (G9), but only made me die faster.

Not sure what event you are playing, but if I cannot beat a BH event with a team of G12 Zeta BH, then the difficulty is wrong.

I honestly think EA is trying to pull some coin out of our pockets hoping people invest in Jango.

Are you doubting me?

https://swgoh.gg/p/539388431/
  • I thought this was perfect for difficulty. I spent 0 money and was able to complete it with my team. Was it a challenge yes, but I thought it was great. Just like JTR, there probably won’t be too many chewys running around. I am really happy with that considering how beastly he is.
  • They give you 5 fixed char at rebel training lv3, and some ppl still think its too hard.