Chewbacca event tier VII ideas or success

Replies

• Vernal
    39 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    dtimmkrtsjjy.png
    Not as hard as a lot of people are making it out to be, I beat it with average mods, just had to play it roughly 50 times before rng lined up for me with the above squad.
    Name in game is Gernak ally code is 977-346-924
  • LastJedi13
    107 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Armyofone wrote: »
    LoneCat wrote: »
    Speed: 235 (Bossk), 233 (Boba), 220 (Greedo), 179 (Dengar), 218 (IG-88). I guess I've ben lucky, but I found this legendary event MUCH easier than Thrawn event which was a nightmare for me. Good luck !

....I was able to beat thrawn with 3 g8 1 go and 1 g7.....my g12s 2 (bossk will be g12 tomorrow) ridiculous mods cant touch this. (Althrough admitted I am not running an optimal team. boba L, bossk, IG88, Greedo, Zam and cad rotating.) I think dengar would reduce atleas allow me to get more starts that are decent.

PRetty much the same for me zBossk(G12), Boba(G12), Greedo, IG, Zam (G11) Can't touch this. I've one everyting possble with mods. All speed. Doesnt help. All protection. Doesnt help. Give the attackers all Crit Chance..doesn't help. My Bossk as 68K protection. He constatnly gets stunned..can't taunt or do anyting with him. Best I did was take out Han, once. I really wish I worked on Dengar (currently 58/85 and G7) Will never get him to 7* IG-88 is worthless. I have Cad at 7*but only G7..might try using him instead if I can gear him a little higher.

I know a lot of it is RNG but I do not undersand how people with only G8-G10 toons are getting this done since the rebels always attack first. With that low gear they should be getting taken out before they even have a chance to do anything.
  • Looks like this guy did it with G12s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxKcnEhig58

He should have amazing mods, my Bossk XII, 3 equipments XII and all Zetas die for half The hits his Bossk received
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I finally got it after far too many attempts. What finally did it was Greedo saving Boba's butt with 4x crits on his turn, which weakened ROLO enough for Boba to finish her off and get BH Resolve back. I have Boba and Greedo zeta'd (greedo was accidental a few weeks back). Boba's zeta saved the run, greedo's did nothing.

Boba: G11.1, 248 speed, 30% potency, 216 CD, 54% CC
    Greedo: G11.0, 207 speed, 102% potency
    Dengar: G11.1, 213 speed, 79% potency
    IG88: G12.0, 165 speed, 100% potency
    Zam: G9.3, 204 speed, 94% potency

Total potency ~405%. General strategy was to get as many detonators on Chewie and Han as possible. Boba moved first, then dengar, Greedo, and Zam last to detonate and boost TM of team. IG88 did nothing other than hopefully be Han's first target.
  • I beat it with a g10 zeta bossk lead, g12 boba with his unique zeted, g11 greedo, and g9 dengar and cad.

I modded fett for crit damage since he's tanky at g12 and has bh resolve anyway and it's important that his execute does big damage.

I modded greedo for crit chance and as much health and protection as I could. It's important to have him chain his basic when possible so you want him to crit as much as possible.

I modded the rest with health and protection mostly so they have a better chace at surviving the initial onslaught.

I put speed where practical but didn't specially mod for it.

If you get good rng and no ability block on boba or bossk and chewie isn't stealthed, target chewie first. Taunt with bossk, execute with boba. Then my bossk went again with his other special. With luck, greedo will get several chain attacks on his assist. That didn't kill chewie but put hin close. Then the next few attacks killed him.

Then I took out leia for the contract. Then han. Then the rest. I lost a few but if you get chewie taken care of, it is down hill from there.

Hope that helps someone.
  • I finally got it after far too many attempts. What finally did it was Greedo saving Boba's butt with 4x crits on his turn, which weakened ROLO enough for Boba to finish her off and get BH Resolve back. I have Boba and Greedo zeta'd (greedo was accidental a few weeks back). Boba's zeta saved the run, greedo's did nothing.

Boba: G11.1, 248 speed, 30% potency, 216 CD, 54% CC
    Greedo: G11.0, 207 speed, 102% potency
    Dengar: G11.1, 213 speed, 79% potency
    IG88: G12.0, 165 speed, 100% potency
    Zam: G9.3, 204 speed, 94% potency

Total potency ~405%. General strategy was to get as many detonators on Chewie and Han as possible. Boba moved first, then dengar, Greedo, and Zam last to detonate and boost TM of team. IG88 did nothing other than hopefully be Han's first target.
    Dengar faster then zam is the key
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    G12 Boba, G11 IG88, G10 Dengar, G8 Greedo, G8 Cad bane. 7* chewbacca. No zetas.

Link to guide: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183471/the-absolute-lowest-gear-for-chewbacca-tier-7-includes-strat#latest
  • My comp:
    Bossk - 12 - lead zeta
    Boba - 12
    IG - 12
    Greedo - 11
    Zam - 11

I actually tried out this team a ton before finally caving on giving Bossk a zeta. Holy moly does his leadership zeta change the game completely. Beat it rather easily.

Boba and bossk had +100 speed each (+126 on boba).
    The others had +90 speed each.

You want boba to go first with execute followed by bossk’s taunt. Everyone else will keep the protection and health up with their aoe’s. Kill Chewie and you win. :)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Bossk is fake news.

Beat it with

G12 Boba
    G12 z88
    G11 Dengar
    G10 Cad
    G8 Greedo

They key is mod boba for damage and speed. All other stack potency. If you take the time to mod well you should only need 2 or 3 tries.

Completely agree. Potency really is key here (for health boost under boba).
  • I think Bossk's lead could render off their incoming damage with Defense, or Dengar can sabotage their offense, unless his contract should be fulfilled.
  • I finally got my 7* Chewie After countless attempts and interminable Falcon landings.
    For whatever reason, I just hit on a successful formula. I finally downed Chewie for the first time ever and zetaed Zam for a little extra survivability.
    The thing to bear in mind if you have a Bossk lead is that it’s a contest of Bossk’s restoring powers and Chewie’s, so once the big hairy schmuck is out of the picture, you should be OK.

Successful lineup: zBossk lead 12, zFett 12 IG88 12, zZam 11, and Dengar 9ix8q9x8rkhzy.png
  • Done it with boba lead (g12), ig88(g11), dengar(g11), cad (g11), greedo (g9). No zetas.
    Used ahnald's strategy. Made boba fast (250, cc +cd Sets) all others with potency (Speed secondarys) equipped.
    Took me about 3h, but now hes Mine ;)
    A lot of Thanks to Ahnald. Your video was the key for me to win.
  • I managed to beat it with zBoba(L) G12, Dengar G12, Cad G12, IG88 G11, Zam G9.
    Boba modded with CD, CC, and speed prioritized in that order. Everyone else pure potency, with a little bit of speed secondaries.
    Took a ton of rng, but strategy was dengar goes under stealth early, r2 uses smokescreen, use boba execute on Chewy, should crit for around 56k, then finish chewy off. Then kill han, Leia, lando, r2. Boba finishing off each of them is key to give him full protection and BH resolve.
  • Scorchy
    69 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I beat it finally!!!! Arena mods with 100+ speed disregarding potency. Took 30 mins worth of attempts.
    g12 boba(L) 283 speed, g12 dengar 235 speed, g11 greedo 241 speed and 4 pieces, g11 ig88 231 speed and 4 pieces, g11 cad bane 221 speed and 2 pieces. NO ZETAS omegas on all basics and omega on all of dengar/boba/cad bane.

Honestly Cad bane is the unsung hero here with crit mods he crits for 15-20k crits and shoots twice sometimes. If dengar got him to assist and shoot twice he killed someone.

Strategy was ig88 died first turn (not surprising) and everyone lost all protection. Dengar got stealth and stopped r2 from stealthing the team. Execute chewie + cad bane stun (failed) and dengar stun (failed but got speed down). Cad bane killed him next turn he got and greedo dropped han's tm. Then focused down han, leia and by that time it was lando r2 vs dengar boba both in red. Boba managed to crit and attack twice killing lando and dengar threw grenades putting 4 of them on r2. Boba dropped his protection and the grenades finished him. I worked my **** off to gear them up and I feel so rewarded for doing so!
  • Hoood wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Bossk is fake news.

Beat it with

G12 Boba
    G12 z88
    G11 Dengar
    G10 Cad
    G8 Greedo

They key is mod boba for damage and speed. All other stack potency. If you take the time to mod well you should only need 2 or 3 tries.

What were the speeds on your "Potency" BH? I am running potency allready but my potency mods are very low on speed secondary. BF has 240 speed CC and CD mods

They were still pretty decent. Greedo needs decent speed/cc 88 and Cad don’t.
  • I completed it with the basic crew, Boba (L) 88, Dengar, Greedo and Zam.
    I used my fastest 30 mods on my BH team, got the turn sequence right, took 2 or 3 fights to get it done.
    It also took 72 hours to figure out everything else but once I got the above bit right, it was easy.
    Ironically, CG are trying to remove speed as the driving force in arena but I found it the only way to help complete this event.
  • I'm going to try and remod my BH tonight but I think I need help getting the right balance of speed and potency. Especially since I really don't want to remod but I'm going to have to. xD Trying to get Dengar to g11 but that last gear piece is a pain to get to drop from farming. lol Anyone want to help? My swgoh.gg link is in my signature.
  • I was able to beat it. The trick is you have to use Bossk leader Zeta, and Dengar. Dengar causes Smoke screen not to work as long as you can use Mini-Mine Mayhem before R2 can use Smoke Screen. #1 Rule: Take out Chewie first. You're trying to unlock him, right? Then go for him! Then take out solo, and do what you need to get the payout. From there it's easy.
  • I'm probably going to be G11 with Boba, Dengar, Greedo, Zam and Cad. using my Arena mods I should have speed up to 230ish for everyone. Any shot at tier 7?
  • JimmyP_83 wrote: »
    I'm probably going to be G11 with Boba, Dengar, Greedo, Zam and Cad. using my Arena mods I should have speed up to 230ish for everyone. Any shot at tier 7?

Speed won't do you much good since they start with pre-loaded turn meters. You want Potency (BF Lead) on all and Crit Chance on Greedo (65%). I failed with a very similar team last time except I have IG-88 instead of ZW. I now have them all G12 and all Zeta'd.
  • You need more stuns maybe? I used Cad Bane and it seemed to help
  • You need more stuns maybe? I used Cad Bane and it seemed to help

The stuns help if as only a TM control on Chewy and Han. Still not there. I can get Chewy down and halfway on Han but I usually have nothing left by that point so it's almost always a wipe. I tell you, whoever approved this event at this difficulty level is evil. Sure it's possible. But who wants to wipe 500 times(not exaggerating) before getting a single toon?

So yeah stuns help. Getting Dengar to counteract R2's smokescreen helps me last longer. It's still a crapshoot. You can do everything perfect and wipe over and over. It's frustrating because 5 or 6 people in my guild 7 starred him on day 1 this go around and I'm not close.
  • This has to be the most ridiculous event I’ve come across. Four G12 BHs and one G11. ZBossk lead. All with 205-225 speed, high potency, everything. Still get smashed every time.
  • Albatross7 wrote: »
    This has to be the most ridiculous event I’ve come across. Four G12 BHs and one G11. ZBossk lead. All with 205-225 speed, high potency, everything. Still get smashed every time.

I did it on the first try with only two gear twelves, with not much faster speed. Most of it is RNG. My friend beat it with ZBossk G11, Boba G9, Dengar G10, Cad G9, Greedo G9. It is possible with lower leveled toons, just RNG.
  • Would Jango Fett be a good swap for cad bane in a Bossk, Boba Fett, Dengar, Greedo team? And could Jango lead possibly be better than bossk lead?
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I was able to get him with:
    G11 zBossk, G11 Boba, G9 Greedo, G9 Cad, G8 Dengar.

Tried many times desperately. Then decided to mod Bossk and Boba with max protection mods that i had, sacrificing a lot of speed. I had crap speed actually. But it worked then. At first R2 put smoke screen on everyone and i thought it was pointless to continue. Still i did. I managed to kill R2 first and stun Chewbacca twice and triggered contract after killing Lando. I didnt believe it first, but i won at last :D
  • I was able to get him with:

G12 Boba (lead), G12 Bossk, G11 IG-88, G11 Cad, G9 Greedo. All omegas, no zetas.

Key for me was giving everyone my best Health Set mods with speed, except Boba. Give Boba Crit Damage and Health set, and also worked speed as high as I could.

Just retreated if R2D2 opened with stealth. When R2 didn't stealth I'd target him for Boba ability block, then work on Chewbacca. If you can't get Chewbacca down with an execute before R2 is able to stealth start over.
  • I spent at least 600 dollars on Jango. Humbling to say the least. I'm not sure I'll beat this in time.