Chewi T5

Hi Folks ,

this Chewi event is totally insane. Not that you need this totally useless BH's to play it no.....you also need them with High Gear. I've (except BossK and the new BH's ) all at T7 with Lvl 85 ..gear somewhere between 9 and 11 . with this it's not possible to pass T5 so to unlock the Big Hairy guy...sorry to say but this is ****....EA/CG and the DEV's should think about this Event. It far beyond to be fair

Replies

• I am having a lot of trouble as well and am loving the difficulties. the only thing I dont like is the cinematic you cannot skip and you are forced to sit through each time you fail...

The trick is to take out chewie first and use dengar to stop R2 getting his smoke screen off and hiding him from you. If you can also use a Bossk lead with zeta that will help more than a boba lead for example.

Good luck getting chewie!!!
  • I did it with Bossk lead G8, no zeta, Boba G11, IG G10, Cad and Zam both G9. You just need an absurd amount of luck and hope that R2 doesn't smoke screen on his first turn.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    It should be possible to get chewie even if you do not have Bossk et al.... I suppose you do need Delgar for the upper tiers but not the lower ones.... I am trying to use a version of the below on tier 7, and I get close to killing chewie with Fetts opening move.

The tactic below is all about setting up Fett to kill chewie with excute. At tier 5 it typically will require you slowing down your Fett so they everyone else can move to set him up.

Tactics for tier 5/6. with fastest = Greedo, then IG88/Cad Bane and then Boba Fett

Boba Fett needs to be slow enough so that Raid Had gets off this team buff before Boba moves. Use Crit Damage sets with as much offense as you can. I do not know the speed required at lower tiers but likely 200 or below.

-use Greedo to remove TM from Chewie. *Chewie will gain tm when debuffed under leia lead. We want IG88/Bane to add debuffs then use fetts's excute.
    -Target Chewie with basics from IG88/Cad Bane.
    -Use execute to kill chew with boba fett. ****if you got lucky chewie should have 4 buffs and 2 debuffs. Meaning Execute will do 180% bonus damage, that should kill chewie, on a critical hit.***

Kill others...

You can use Fett or Delgar lead. I used Delgar myself. But Fett would have a easier time getting the frist kill under his lead.

As mentioned in other posts, Delgar is very useful for stoping R2 from using stealth to protect chewie. If you do not have Delgar you would need have Greedo faster then R2 and have him remove tm from R2 before he moves. You then need to IG-88/Bane and Fett's speed so they move right after chew does. If chew moves after IG-88/Bane add debuffs R2 will remove them on critical hits.
  • After 20-30 attempts I did tier 5 with the following:
    -level 85 5* Gear level 11 Bossk (L), all omegas, no zetas, full payout upgrade (He is surprisingly easy to gear compared to most)
    -level 85 7* Gear level 9 Boba, all omega (except "death from above"), No zeta. First payout upgrade
    -level 80 7* Gear level 8 Greedo, Ability levels at 7, basic at 6, first payout upgrade
    -level 80 7* Gear level 8 Dengar, Ability levels at 6/7 (mine mayhem omega), first payout upgrade
    -level 75 7* Gear level 8 Cad, Ability levels at 5 (7 unique),no payout.

It is definitely stupid hard but if I can do it with this, it is surely (eventually) possible with all G9/10 hunters!

• Earlier players have other teams to consider, it was never their intention just to hand out players a powerful toon. you had to earn it. Back in the day palpatine was difficult, so was thrawn, bb8 less so but then there was less reason to farm first order.

Bounty hunters on the other hand got huge support this year, and unless they want to make it super easy for modern teams and have it power-creeped very quickly, they have to make it harder. This is endgame content and means we dont just put a token effort in, but have to decide which path do we wanna take. Do we wanna farm scoundrels or bounty hunters or Kotor, whod we want to farm gear for? If you dont wanna farm bounty hunters after this then clearly chewie isnt worth it, same applies for when revan comes out.

Its far from impossible and unlocking Chewie, many have done quite easily (im ftp, and many from my guild are too and whilst many didnt do it some did despite having at most gear 10, but probably less).

• Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Bytestream wrote: »
    I've (except BossK and the new BH's ) all at T7 with Lvl 85 ..gear somewhere between 9 and 11 . with this it's not possible to pass T5 so to unlock the Big Hairy guy

If your gear is between 9 and 11 then it is definitely possible. I did it it with only the old bounty hunters with only 2 at G9 and the rest at G8.

https://swgoh.gg/squads/106233/
  • Bytestream wrote: »
    I've (except BossK and the new BH's ) all at T7 with Lvl 85 ..gear somewhere between 9 and 11 . with this it's not possible to pass T5 so to unlock the Big Hairy guy

If your gear is between 9 and 11 then it is definitely possible. I did it it with only the old bounty hunters with only 2 at G9 and the rest at G8.

how did you mod your team? yours is the first comment I’ve seen using the trad5 BH AT LESS THAN G11/12 and unlock? sequence of attack?
  • Bounty hunters have TONS of uses, get past level 75 and you'll see that.
  • If you have a level 85 team of Boba lead, Dengar, Cad Bane, Greedo and IG-88 you can definitely get T6 with modding correctly. Let’s take a look.

Do all your BHs have their payouts maxed? Have you spent your omegas on their abilities? Boba should be Crit Dmg and Crit Chance mods and the others with all high potency mods and sets. Are your mods 5 star and level 15? Boba’s leader grants bonus health to all BHs based on potency of the entire team. Boba needs Crit to execute.

Are the Gear Scores good with at least Boba being the highest possible at GS 10 minimum? The others can be GS 8 or 9.

Do you understand the mechanics? On opening Dengar must be critically hit to trigger his stealth which causes R2 to waste turns trying to stealth the Rebels. This is triggered by either Chewie slamming the team causing a Crit on Dengar or someone shooting him. Boba can not have ability block on him, so ROLOs opening salvo has to be monitored for what damage it inflicts. If either R2 is able to stealth the team or Boba is ability blocked, restart.

Kill Chewie with execute, kill Han and finish the payout. Kill Rolo Lando and R2. In that order. Dengar and Boba May be the only 2 left standing but congrats you own Chewie. It’s pretty much the same for phase 6 and 7 only harder.
  • I unlocked with boba l g9, dengar g10, 88 cad and greedo g9. Mod boba with cd/cc with high speed secondaries. Load up the rest with as much potency you can. Hope dengar gets stealth before r2 uses smoke screen. Kill chewy as quick as possible. Then han, lando and rolo. Save r2 for last.
  • Just unlocked Chewie with:
    - G10 Boba (221 Speed)
    - G8 Cad Bane
    - G8 Dengar
    - G7 Zam Wessel
    - G7 Greedo

Thanks to all the advice in this thread.
    Everyone besides Boba was modded for Potency but died fast anyway.
    Took me less than 10 tries.

Good Luck Everyone!
  • I get the dengar mechanic etc, but I don’t have dengar, just the original 5 of boba, ig88, cad, greedo, zam. wanting to see teams that unlock chewie using these toons with less than g11/12 toons...what’s the stealth workaround without dengar?
  • G12 boba
    G11 Ig88
    G9 dengar
    G8 greedo
    G8 cad bane

7* chewie is still possible! Dont give up.

Here’s my guide: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183471/the-absolute-lowest-gear-for-chewbacca-tier-7-includes-strat#latest
  • Got it at 5* with: Boba 7* G10 (leader), Cad 7* G8, Greedo 6* G7, Bossk 5* G8 and Dengar 5* G8. Full potency and protection mods, only CD triangle on Boba and some speed.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Javabeeker wrote: »
    Bytestream wrote: »

how did you mod your team? yours is the first comment I’ve seen using the trad5 BH AT LESS THAN G11/12 and unlock? sequence of attack?

The mods were just a straight swap of what I have on my current Arena team with Boba getting the fastest mods. For order of attack I stunned Chewie then killed Han after that I killed Chewie->Leia->Lando->R2.
  • Wolfbear
    59 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Just finished mine 92 attempts in. Rng gods heard me. If you dint have bossk to lead it's all in the hands of boba. Make sure you execute chewie off the start and burn him as fast as possible (what your there for anyway) then hit han, rolo, lando, r2. The 2 day notice was nice and all but yeah... I'm good on that for a while.

85 7* g9 boba lead, 7* 85 g8 greedo, 85 7* g10 ig88, 81 5* g8 dengar, 77 g9 zam.
  • I used weakest team ever:

Boba (L): G11 zeta 7* L85
    Bossk: G8 5* L76
    Cad: G8 7* L85
    Greedo: G7 5* L66 [panic farm 1]
    Zam: G7 5* L54 [panic farm 2]

RNG till all 5 survive initial attack, and R2 uses burn and not smoke. Then:

1. Used Boba AOE to ability block R2. Boba should survive Han's retaliation without using up his first life.
    2. Bossk "Hunting Party" to stun Chewie and take out his protection
    3. Greedo removes Han's turnmeter
    4. Cad Bane's basic on Chewie to inflict accuracy down (increasing Boba's rocket dmg later on)
    5. Zam spams thermal detonators

Enemies take another turn, some thermal detonators explode. Only Boba and Bossk alive at this point. Then:

1. Boba executes Chewie
    2. Bossk taunts (and offense up on Boba)
    3. Boba's basic kills Han and activates payouts.

At this point, it's game over. Remaining guys (ROLO Lando and R2) can't really scratch a G11 Boba. Kill them off in whatever order.

P.S: Zeta on Boba was nice. But given how things went, not really needed.