Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• Well hopefully this was just a trial and error event. I mean in all honesty we didn't need another chewie clone and in my opinion I think this really was a last minute setup to give us players a legendary event for a random character just to make up for all the marquee events. There was backlash over the jango event going marquee when gamers threatened to rage quit if he wasn't legendary so even if someone tries to say otherwise this was IN MY OPINION just a filler. After all let's look back at the sith guild event debacle. After gamers bitched about the event being too hard due to bugs or something, dev's finally acted upon this when people threatened to leave. If enough gamers find an issue with something then odds are either one it's bugged or two it was a flawed attempt at trying something new. If dev's continue with this setup for future events I can see only more backlash due to more and more players being unable to stay ahead in the game due to the inability to access new characters.
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    Well hopefully this was just a trial and error event. I mean in all honesty we didn't need another chewie clone and in my opinion I think this really was a last minute setup to give us players a legendary event for a random character just to make up for all the marquee events. There was backlash over the jango event going marquee when gamers threatened to rage quit if he wasn't legendary so even if someone tries to say otherwise this was IN MY OPINION just a filler. After all let's look back at the sith guild event debacle. After gamers bitched about the event being too hard due to bugs or something, dev's finally acted upon this when people threatened to leave. If enough gamers find an issue with something then odds are either one it's bugged or two it was a flawed attempt at trying something new. If dev's continue with this setup for future events I can see only more backlash due to more and more players being unable to stay ahead in the game due to the inability to access new characters.

They hinted towards bounty hunters being needed for a legendary a month before Jango was announced. They just didn’t whip together a Chewie legendary in a week’s time to combat the Jango backlash. Rebel Chewie was obviously missing from the game..he is one of the most iconic characters in the galaxy.

Jango is nowhere near as iconic as other legends(besides maybe Thrawn if you’re not a Rebels fan).

As the game continues to add OP toons, players add g12, omegas, zetas, t6 mods...obviously events are going to get more difficult.

The game in general has ramped up its difficulty with hstr and mythics so why would they stop?

• everyone should be thankful you didn't need jango, sing or embo beat it or worse have them be required characters
  • it did say g12+ also for recommendations
  • robjay04
    86 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Tanuki wrote: »
    everyone should be thankful you didn't need jango, sing or embo beat it or worse have them be required characters

Some people on here are still convinced you do even if their is evidence contrary and think you’re just a whale if you beat it.

Just because they don’t want to be challenged...
  • Kyno wrote: »
    No matter the difficulty, they will not reduce it now, as many people have beat it and have invested to do so. They will not negate that investment

I’d be all for them giving us a nice gift package reducing the difficulty. Maybe everybody with a 7* chewie gets 20 omegas, 5 million credits and a full g12 piece and they tune it down a little.
  • Legendary characters should be hard to get. Not everybody can completely beat the event the very first time. I got a 5* chewie and I accept that that's all I'm getting. Gear your bounty hunters up more and get him the next time. He will be back....we finally get a new legendary event and people just complain about it
  • Some of the people insisting they won't or shouldn't because players have beaten it, invested, etc., have short memories.

They did that exact thing (nerf the event after player complaints about difficulty) for the Yoda legendary. I remember, as I was one of the ones who completed it pre-nerf.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • BAST420
    33 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    With all the commotion of the insane difficulty of the chewie event I say we the players should continue to voice our opinion and threaten to leave the game. I mean there has got to be something wrong with the event if so many players with well developed bounty hunter teams can't even scratch tier 5 of the event let alone do anything on tier 6. Speed dont do jack and potency doesn't do much either. If this is what is to be expected for later legendaries I can only foresee more players leaving due to the issues of the event and others like it. If anything we should say something now before the revan event arrives or we can expect a similar problem especially for such a highly anticipated character

You are absolutely right, but as per usual every player who pretend they've being patient, and learned the mechanics, when in reality they've dumped insane amounts of cash into the game,which is obvious by the fact they are using new players who can't be 7* gear 11 or higher unless they've bought piles of character cards, and gear cards, these are the people who insist that it's not the battle, it's you. It's a load of nonsense!! Like every other legendary character event, yes it gets progressively more difficult as you go on, but in this event, to go through levels 1-4 seems to be a breeze, then to get to tier 5 and it's just an impenetrable wall is ****! The opposing TM is just insane! By the time your first turn comes around, the computer has had all of them have shot (most more than 1 turn) half your squad is yellow if not dead, not to mention to make matters worse it seems like most of the opposition shots remove large amounts of TM from you.
    I'm not saying it's completely undoable, but to sit here and have people say that it's a balanced fight, that's nonsense.
    Legendary events in the past have always given warning in the event tab. Letting people know something is coming. Other than vague announcements in the forums talking about possibilities with no real timetable whatsoever, it frustrates some people, so they vent and hope that for once people would post and give tips and help, not to be bashed by credit card Jedi, who have no idea what it is to work hard at something only to smash into a wall.
    For once I thought I was getting lucky, and was gonna cash in on the first time this event came along. Full 7* group all gear 10, and gets owned by the tier 5, and whether people wanna believe or not lots of people are having the same issue only 1 person in my guild got c hewie, and that's after 4 hours, and he lucked out in the end. Just because everyone doesn't post about this doesn't mean that only a handful of the players are having a problem.
    Anyone who is gonna pretend that the opposing team's TM aren't insta-filling are most likely people who have bought their way through difficult events, and have ZERO idea what is to have to grind daily to be able to keep up, or just people who enjoy contradicting people, and enjoy starting trouble in forums.

I'm with you Coolnessda!! This event is not set up for regular everyday players.
    Post edited by BAST420 on
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Some of the people insisting they won't or shouldn't because players have beaten it, invested, etc., have short memories.

They did that exact thing (nerf the event after player complaints about difficulty) for the Yoda legendary. I remember, as I was one of the ones who completed it pre-nerf.

True but they didn’t nerf it in the same cycle.
  • When the fights for 7 star Thrawn, CLS, BB-8, and R2 bloody D2 were easier to do.....My OG BH's are all 7 star, 85, and G9, maybe a G10....I can't even unlock Chewie at 5 stars.
  • No this isn’t for regular everyday players. But by the time it returns you will have all your bounties leveled up and ready. These whiny posts get old fast. If it’s an issue go get your parent credit card and get your new shiny toy now. Otherwise wait. Work on what you need to and be ready for it’s return. Self entitled much. Jeez. Here is a hint. Take speed arrows off. Try protection instead. It’s not about speed. It’s about surviving the opening salvo.
  • Git gud
  • Instead of comlaining, do some research and learn how others are doing it. I got chewie 5* on first try after reading strategy, and I had failed many times before that before doing the research. Didn't have to move mods around, didn't buy, etc. Hard events "require careful strategy to complete" sound familiar?
  • Seriously, stop complaining already. It was announced as an incredibly difficult using characters that many of us already had fairly well geared. How can you think they would make this easier? It's a legendary character, it should be hard. It took me two rounds to geteach of the others, and I think Thrawn took me like 3 rounds to get. Sometimes things are hard get over it. I got Chewie to 5 star, probably wont get any higher, so I'm not a whale talking down to you here.
  • Git gud

Learn to spell and communicate properly to contribute to adult conversation.
  • Weaselcult
    130 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    7 star with;
    G12 boba (lead)
    G11 ig88
    G11 greedo
    G11 dengar
    G9 zam

No zetas. Threw my best potency mods on ig88 greedo dengar and zam and put my arena mods on boba took over 2 hours of tries to get the right rng
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Some of the people insisting they won't or shouldn't because players have beaten it, invested, etc., have short memories.

True but they didn’t nerf it in the same cycle.

That's only because they only fix things quickly if they threaten the bottom line. And honestly, that's irrelevant anyway. At no point did I suggest they would change nor did I say they would do so in the next 3 days.

I merely was pointing out that CG/EA has, indeed, reduced the difficulty of legendary events in the past. Incidentally, the one they reduced was significantly easier than this one.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • When everyone else was doing the usual boring pillars, I was building up my hunters. Four were G12, one G11 by the time I beat the event...five zetas between them.

I earned this. Not sure every Tom, **** and Harry with a pack of G8 scoundrels can say the same.

While it was frustrating to play as many matches as it took and they seriously need a “skip intro” button, I would hope the devs continue to keep legendary toons an exclusive get for people who put in the sweat equity to get them.
  • Finally done with Boba (G12, Zeta), Greedo (G12), Dengar (G11), Cad (G11) and IG (G11). The zeta probably isn't necessary, but makes it a bit less RNG-dependent. IG was basically just a potency bank/target dummy.
  • RSG did a Saturday night stream and once Ranger put a Bossk in the lead (with a little help from fans) it took the third try and it was done. It was also done very easily, like holy crap that was easy easy.

There's another thread with a very detailed strategy for if you don't have Bossk and use Boba lead by Aplus that shows what to do in each step along the way and how to mod. So give that a look and see if it helps.
  • When everyone else was doing the usual boring pillars, I was building up my hunters. Four were G12, one G11 by the time I beat the event...five zetas between them.

I earned this. Not sure every Tom, **** and Harry with a pack of G8 scoundrels can say the same.

While it was frustrating to play as many matches as it took and they seriously need a “skip intro” button, I would hope the devs continue to keep legendary toons an exclusive get for people who put in the sweat equity to get them.

Same here, I decide to toss my resources into BHs and solo scoundrels, so if some legendary chars comes near future that need kotor toon or sith, I have no chance to get the char.
  • I can live with the difficulty. What I can't comprehend is unskippable cut scene in t7. WHY?
  • I'm fine with them decreasing the difficulty when the event comes back. Doing it now just seems wrong to me.
    I'm not going to pretent that i wouldn't have liked it if they did if i didn't have a 7* chewy already, but i probably would have understood if they didn't. I was also kinda bummed out that they nerfed the yoda event as i didn't have 5 x 7* jedi pre-nerf and post-nerf the event was a cakewalk.
  • I can only unlock him at 5*, it's supposed to be hard. Stop crying about it and be prepared for the next run. BTW, when is Rey coming back?
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    When everyone else was doing the usual boring pillars, I was building up my hunters. Four were G12, one G11 by the time I beat the event...five zetas between them.

Same here, I decide to toss my resources into BHs and solo scoundrels, so if some legendary chars comes near future that need kotor toon or sith, I have no chance to get the char.

lol not sure if this was meant to be sarcasm but I definitely took it that way. Lol well done.
  • I did it with og bounty hunters. It's hard but not impossible. It takes a lot of mod strategy, trial and error, luck and persistence. No need to nerf the event.
  • OMG like I know it’s so super like err hard and stuff.
    I know get better bounty hunters
  • You know, its really sad what we've become, the amount of whiners in this thread is mind boggling! And I don't mean this as an insult I'm actually bummed about humanity.

With that being said here are some reminders for you,

-No matter how some of you will try to twist it, this is a free game and Chewy is free content. If you farmed bossk from day 1, and by farmed I mean doing at least a reset a day for single hard node characters, you should have Bossk at 6*, 7 if you're lucky.

-Special events aren't meant for EVERYONE every time. Some people were prepared and some weren't, those that weren't will have more than enough time to prepare for the next one.

-If they launched a nightsisters raid tomorrow I wouldn't even consider attempting that event as I am no where near prepared but I'm betting at least HALF of you would be. So is that unfair to me? I started farming for Bounty Hunters the day Bossk marquee launched and I lucked out with this event.

The list could go on and on but the bottom line is this event is nothing new with the exception that you can't throw the bare minimum at it for a free win.