The Chewie event was tuned easy and anybody who disagrees is wrong.

Replies

• I successfully unlocked Chewie at 7*. However to call this event easy, you are obviously gloating. I would say it was commensurate with the value of the reward given the power creep that has occurred since the last legendary (Thrawn). However to rub it in the face of people’s struggling to complete is in poor taste.

If you follow the whole post though I called it easy BEFORE I really got into trying it. Its not like I have a bunch of great BH or had lucky rng in the bag already. It was tuned easy enough where with 2 g12, 1 g11, 1 g10 and 1 g8 I was able to clear it with in half an hour. There are people clearing this Sub 80k. I think it would have been well with-in reason for CG to have tuned it to make Bossk a veritably required to clear it. This event was much easier than advertised so I can’t see how everybody is so surprised.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    I successfully unlocked Chewie at 7*. However to call this event easy, you are obviously gloating. I would say it was commensurate with the value of the reward given the power creep that has occurred since the last legendary (Thrawn). However to rub it in the face of people’s struggling to complete is in poor taste.

If you follow the whole post though I called it easy BEFORE I really got into trying it. Its not like I have a bunch of great BH or had lucky rng in the bag already. It was tuned easy enough where with 2 g12, 1 g11, 1 g10 and 1 g8 I was able to clear it with in half an hour. There are people clearing this Sub 80k. I think it would have been well with-in reason for CG to have tuned it to make Bossk a veritably required to clear it. This event was much easier than advertised so I can’t see how everybody is so surprised.

So you waited for everyone else to go through the pain of it for the first few days, spent money to build up your characters sufficiently and then used the strategy others spent hours figuring out? Congratulations?

And yes, you are gloating. And if it was "too easy" you wouldn't have had to take a half an hour to beat it. And you would've been posting this on day one after clearing it. lol
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I successfully unlocked Chewie at 7*. However to call this event easy, you are obviously gloating. I would say it was commensurate with the value of the reward given the power creep that has occurred since the last legendary (Thrawn). However to rub it in the face of people’s struggling to complete is in poor taste.

So you waited for everyone else to go through the pain of it for the first few days, spent money to build up your characters sufficiently and then used the strategy others spent hours figuring out? Congratulations?

And yes, you are gloating. And if it was "too easy" you wouldn't have had to take a half an hour to beat it. And you would've been posting this on day one after clearing it. lol

Lol no. It dropped, I made the post, went to work, beat it with what I had the evening of the day it dropped, need to continue building my BH for TW anyway.
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Lol no. It dropped, I made the post, went to work, beat it with what I had the evening of the day it dropped, need to continue building my BH for TW anyway.

Stop gloating you copy cat skills noob ! =D
  • Boov wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Stop gloating you copy cat skills noob ! =D

I’ll admit that this title didn’t age well because there are a good portion of people struggling with it but there are plenty of strategies that are pretty fail proof. People just need to move their mods correctly. I haven’t had a person dm me yet that I couldn’t coach through this.
  • Good deal....
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    I think people are just lost using Bossk lead. I am pretty sure I could clear this event with g12 Boba, g10 Dengar g8 Cad g8 Ig-88 g8 greedo. It might take half an hour for the right rng but certainly doable. You just need to take the time to mod your toons right. Honestly I was worried I might not get him without bossk leading up to the event but once I started playing it I wasn’t concerned at all.

Theres no way a G8 IG88 would survive the first burst.. had mine at G12 and he died a couple times. Also if you only rely on Boba he must be g12+ with god mods.
    But yea Im pretty sure instead of using zBossk lead I couldve cleared the 7* with my lvl1 4* Jango, Aura and Embo!
  • PalPacino wrote: »
    I’ve seen people 7* him no bossk and Boba as the only g12. That is easy.

I have ridiculous mods so I’m sure I could cleared it even if all my BH were all g10/11. Haven’t bothered moving mods yet. Will do that over the weekend.

I have g12 boba,g10 ig88,g9 cad bane, g9 greedo and g8 dengar.
    Cant beat t5 after 10 attempts.
    This is the hardest legendary event up to date.
    And with 2.5 m of gp on my main acc ( I have 3) and being able to finish haat my self,it seems very lousy from md that I cant beat this event at least at tier5.
    But after nerfing down acolyte, bountyhunters,especially Bossk which wasnt out there long enough for f2p players to get him on 7*,and then requiring bh on g12 makes me wonder what would I need for next legendary creature?
    G13 Traya and 4 others on g13 or more?

And then I came here and see what you typed....thanks,pal,you made me laugh today!

Actually this is the best event they made... it requires luck, true but also a good plan. If yo want to win as a f2p you need to be good...
    And you are quite noob...
    65hrczmdwghh.png
    8nswtabmp6ey.png
    ccl5ohzibgy7.png
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited October 2018

ccl5ohzibgy7.png

Lol check those toon levels.
  • VodoKai
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Rofl!!!!! I have full zeta all g12 all bossk lead, boba, zam, dengar, and greedo . I'm on attempt 54 and still haven't come close. GL roflllll
  • I know RNG plays a big part but if you've put in the time to put together a good BH team (zBoosk & Boba G12, Zam, IG, Greedo G11) you should not be at the mercy of RNG only. I shouldn't need everything to fall exactly perfect and in the proper order to finish this. I came close yesterday but the only reason was because Greedo hit R2 then Chewie with 6 consecutive critical hits each, taking them both out. I got down to Han and Leia with Bossk, Boba and Greedo left and still got taken out. I'll never get that luck again. I've probably tried 75-100 times since then and only one attempt did I take out 1 toon. Call me a complainer, that's fine. But it really infuriates me that people are completing this with way lesser toons.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Kluge wrote: »
    I agree with part of your statement. The obstacle to overcome with this even was RNG, not the rebels. Once you got favorable RNG, then task of killing off the opponents was simple and uneventful. Those that say the event was "easy" got RNG in their favor early. Those that say the event was "hard" had to wait dozens (or hundreds) of attempts.

I don't think I called my RNG before I tried the event. You can see the poster above is on attempt 54 with full g12 BH but he clearly doesn't understand the mechanics you to need to employ to beat the event. I haven't had a person with a good Boba and Dengar that I couldn't coach through the event in under a half hour. I've even had some people surprise me with g10 and g11 bobas and not much else.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    LastJedi13 wrote: »
    I know RNG plays a big part but if you've put in the time to put together a good BH team (zBoosk & Boba G12, Zam, IG, Greedo G11) you should not be at the mercy of RNG only. I shouldn't need everything to fall exactly perfect and in the proper order to finish this. I came close yesterday but the only reason was because Greedo hit R2 then Chewie with 6 consecutive critical hits each, taking them both out. I got down to Han and Leia with Bossk, Boba and Greedo left and still got taken out. I'll never get that luck again. I've probably tried 75-100 times since then and only one attempt did I take out 1 toon. Call me a complainer, that's fine. But it really infuriates me that people are completing this with way lesser toons.

Switch to Boba lead and follow the guidelines from the minimum required to clear post. 350% plus squad potency. 220 speed Greedo with CC and Speed on Dengar and Boba use the kill order presented. You should clear it in 4 or 5 tries with your toons. If you are trying this event without dengar you are lost. I've seen g7 dengars clear this thing.
    I know RNG plays a big part but if you've put in the time to put together a good BH team (zBoosk & Boba G12, Zam, IG, Greedo G11) you should not be at the mercy of RNG only. I shouldn't need everything to fall exactly perfect and in the proper order to finish this. I came close yesterday but the only reason was because Greedo hit R2 then Chewie with 6 consecutive critical hits each, taking them both out. I got down to Han and Leia with Bossk, Boba and Greedo left and still got taken out. I'll never get that luck again. I've probably tried 75-100 times since then and only one attempt did I take out 1 toon. Call me a complainer, that's fine. But it really infuriates me that people are completing this with way lesser toons.

Switch to Boba lead and follow the guidelines from the minimum required to clear post. 350% plus squad potency. 220 speed Greedo with CC and Speed on Dengar and Boba use the kill order presented. You should clear it in 4 or 5 tries with your toons. If you are trying this event without dengar you are lost. I've seen g7 dengars clear this thing.

I've seen the videos on Youtube. I only have a 5* Dengar. I've tried Boba lead with all potency. Still couldn't do it. zbossk lead gives me the best chance. You shouldn't be sunk if you are missing one toon. G7 Dengar? That's where RNG has it's place, luck that he doesn't get taken out immediately. At times my G11 toons get taken out before they can do anything. I will be working on Dengar if I do not finish this but there shouldn't be one toon that will make or break the event.
  • Fredy5
    326 posts Member
    Without Bossk, the event is not hard, it's painful. It has no fun anymore. You don't try, you die and hope for some luck just to have enough toon remaining to finish the event. It's not Fun to use a CB in this condition.... EA should just implement a real drop rate above 0.00001% to make this fun a little bit fun. These days, it's just awfull. Especially with the new Bossk Ship...
  • I think it was tuned for the future. Once the rest of the bounty hunters are farmable I dont think it will seem nearly as bad. Aurra and Embo leads might be huge in this. Plus we all know you need Dengar now. It's really tough but like everything else in this game once you know what you are working towards it all comes down to putting in the time. This isnt impossible, it just isnt going to fall in everyones lap first time around.
  • Caldis wrote: »
    I think it was tuned for the future. Once the rest of the bounty hunters are farmable I dont think it will seem nearly as bad. Aurra and Embo leads might be huge in this. Plus we all know you need Dengar now. It's really tough but like everything else in this game once you know what you are working towards it all comes down to putting in the time. This isnt impossible, it just isnt going to fall in everyones lap first time around.

I don't think people expect it to fall in their laps. Clearly people have put in the time to put together good BH teams but it's not enough to finish it. I'm not complaining, I'm happy to have a 6* Chewie. I run rebels in arena and he'll help big time but it would be nice to feel like I at least have a chance. Not one lucky try out of 200+. Can they at least give us some free gear for making us watch the cinematic 200+ times :smile:
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    This event is a nightmare. Not a great user experience imo. But well ... some say it is challenging ...
  • LastJedi13 wrote: »

You need to switch up your.kill order..... Chewie, han, rolo, Lando, r2

I've seen the videos on Youtube. I only have a 5* Dengar. I've tried Boba lead with all potency. Still couldn't do it. zbossk lead gives me the best chance. You shouldn't be sunk if you are missing one toon. G7 Dengar? That's where RNG has it's place, luck that he doesn't get taken out immediately. At times my G11 toons get taken out before they can do anything. I will be working on Dengar if I do not finish this but there shouldn't be one toon that will make or break the event.

IMO if you only have a 5* dengar then you aren't at the GP where you deserve a 7* chewie. Most toons you should have now through osmosis. For example I don't remember farming an single clone other than Rex yet I have them all 7*. Somewhere along the line I got Dengar to 7* though I had never used him before. I geared him for this event. If your problem is that you don't have a toon that has been out for I don't know how long, it's okay that this event is too difficult for you. It's not like they asked for 3 tuskens ugnaught and lobot. They asked for toons you should have obtained a long time ago by accident.

IMO if you only have a 5* dengar then you aren't at the GP where you deserve a 7* chewie. Most toons you should have now through osmosis. For example I don't remember farming an single clone other than Rex yet I have them all 7*. Somewhere along the line I got Dengar to 7* though I had never used him before. I geared him for this event. If your problem is that you don't have a toon that has been out for I don't know how long, it's okay that this event is too difficult for you. It's not like they asked for 3 tuskens ugnaught and lobot. They asked for toons you should have obtained a long time ago by accident.

LOL, ok buddy. Dengar is only farmable through the guild store or using crystals. Your comment would suggest you just happen to get shards unknowingly . You get clone shards through galactic war and if you have played long enough you'd get enough shards. I had enough BH toons and decided to use guild currency to help with the gear grind. Dengar was one of those toons you could do without, until now.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

You need to switch up your.kill order..... Chewie, han, rolo, Lando, r2

I agree, that's the correct order. It's just teh way it fell.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited October 2018

LOL, ok buddy. Dengar is only farmable through the guild store or using crystals. Your comment would suggest you just happen to get shards unknowingly . You get clone shards through galactic war and if you have played long enough you'd get enough shards. I had enough BH toons and decided to use guild currency to help with the gear grind. Dengar was one of those toons you could do without, until now.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this but didn't that store used to only have toon shards. Also wasn't dengar farmable there at that time? I'm pretty sure that is how I ended up with him. All the top guilds are using him in TW now and I remember having his stars ready.

*He was added to the guild store almost exactly 2 years ago. Just a little bit over 2 years ago. Somewhere in those two years he should have fell in your pocket.

Regardless, it is no one else's fault that you chose gear over dengar. I'm not even saying it's a wrong choice. But the event happens to be tuned where dengar is good. It really isn't too surprising, dengar is one of the better older bhs.

He's been out long enough, it is clearly not a cash grab. With a little focus, you can gear him and be ready next time.

Regardless, it is no one else's fault that you chose gear over dengar. I'm not even saying it's a wrong choice. But the event happens to be tuned where dengar is good. It really isn't too surprising, dengar is one of the better older bhs.

He's been out long enough, it is clearly not a cash grab. With a little focus, you can gear him and be ready next time.

My plan is to get him to 7* and geared before next time Chewie lands if I do not complete it this time but that's not the point. There are 10 BHs (albeit some are not farmable) and any 5 are required. It shouldn't be that there is just 1 of 10 that if you dont have him you're screwed.
  • You seem to have confused "easy" with "technically possible"

@chionophile +1. I completely agree. This. Exactly this. A million times this! lol. :)

But seriously... @Olddumper just because something is "possible" doesn't mean that it was "easy". "Possible" and "easy" are two very different things my friend. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ

My plan is to get him to 7* and geared before next time Chewie lands if I do not complete it this time but that's not the point. There are 10 BHs (albeit some are not farmable) and any 5 are required. It shouldn't be that there is just 1 of 10 that if you dont have him you're screwed.

Any time that there are more than 5 toons available, some will be better at an event than others. The alternative is to req a specific 5 toons which takes away the ability to even have a shot at it if you don't have the specific toon.

I can see being mad, if the event was near impossible without jango because he dropped a week before the event and is still behind a paywall. But that isn't the case here.

Any time that there are more than 5 toons available, some will be better at an event than others. The alternative is to req a specific 5 toons which takes away the ability to even have a shot at it if you don't have the specific toon.

I can see being mad, if the event was near impossible without jango because he dropped a week before the event and is still behind a paywall. But that isn't the case here.

That last part is the most important part. It's not like this event requires Jango and Embo or even Bossk. All you really need to beat it are Boba and Dengar, the two most widely used and completely available BH. Acting like Dengar and Boba are harsh requirements is ridiculous. I thought for certain this event would not be possible without Bossk and great gear across every toon. It turns out boba dengar and jumper cables gets the job done.