Solo or KOTOR farming?

With 7* chewie out of the way where should attention be put next? Should I start farming solo characters or KOTOR? Who will the next legendary event be for? I’m going to farm them both but who should get priority?

Replies

• I believe solo will be the next event. But what character is worthy of a legendary? My dream would be mechanical legs maul... No one else is 'legendary' (except enfys).

Kotor there's a lot of speculation about, and revan will likely be amazing, so can't go wrong for him either...

Odds are you can only be prepared for one of these events, so figure which group of toons will help you the most otherwise, farm them, and hope you guessed right.
  • quite big rummors about "Old Republic" units and some kind of event with them
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    There is really no way of knowing, but based on what we've seen so far, you are better off farming the most useless, most expensive to gear and rarely used character on your roster.

Case in point - Dengar. Rarely used - check. Expensive to gear - check. Useless - very situational - check too. So CG brought R2 into the Chewie event just to make Dengar's unique highly useful, although by all accounts Lobot should have been there instead. Most people didn't have him geared, so panic farming ensued == profit.

TL;DR - I recommend either Gamorrean Guard or Tusken Raider.
  • Seems like everyone is shying away from the Solo toon farming and switching to the KOTOR toons. Perhaps the smuggling event was the big deal thing for them and that's all there is? Tough to say for sure.

If you have 5 solo toons at 5* then stop and switch to KOTOR and get 5 of them to 5* so if there's a legendary coming, you can at least unlock the mystical character that will drop.
  • The best thing the solo toons might get is a reworked node in LSTB or a new node in a new TB made specifically for them just like Rogue One since they already have an event made for smugglers. However, for KOTOR the possibilities are endless. Besides, they are way better & more useful.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Seems like everyone is shying away from the Solo toon farming and switching to the KOTOR toons. Perhaps the smuggling event was the big deal thing for them and that's all there is? Tough to say for sure.

If you have 5 solo toons at 5* then stop and switch to KOTOR and get 5 of them to 5* so if there's a legendary coming, you can at least unlock the mystical character that will drop.

The smuggling event was their hint to farm them. Just like galactic bounties.
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    At this point the only thing you can do is choose for yourself what you would like to see more and be prepared for it.
    Then if it ends up being what you chose you’ll be really satisfied, if it’s the other one you can come pour your metric ton of salt on the forum by babbling nonsense about « useless » characters required for important events and so on.
  • DarkSouls wrote: »
    quite big rummors about "Old Republic" units and some kind of event with them

Where have you seen these rumours?
  • Probably neither, they are simply distracting us into farming these toons while they plan a completely unpredicted legendary that will cause mass panic farming and $/crystal spending.

Example of this would be a C3P0 legendary event requiring Jawa squad.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Tbuono89 wrote: »
    Probably neither, they are simply distracting us into farming these toons while they plan a completely unpredicted legendary that will cause mass panic farming and $/crystal spending.

My jawa are ready.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    NobleJEW wrote: »
    DarkSouls wrote: »
    quite big rummors about "Old Republic" units and some kind of event with them

Where have you seen these rumours?

Just read this subforum for a few days and count the number of OMG DARF REEVAN CONFURMD?!?! threads you see.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Tbuono89 wrote: »
    Probably neither, they are simply distracting us into farming these toons while they plan a completely unpredicted legendary that will cause mass panic farming and $/crystal spending.

Jawa are lack of teamwide synergy and zeta(s), you probably need all of them at G15 if the difficulties is similar to chewie.
  • Tbuono89 wrote: »

Or G12+ 7* Ewoks...
  • I don't think anything can come of the Solo toons other than the smuggler tag and the event. The only thing that's worthy of a legendary in my opinion is a heroes journey style event for the og millennium falcon.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Farming Solo, hope that my hunch was correct and we will get a Hero's journey-like event for OT Falcon. We even have Chewie to pilot it now...
  • I am going for KOTOR, but mainly because I love them :))
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Farming Solo, hope that my hunch was correct and we will get a Hero's journey-like event for OT Falcon. We even have Chewie to pilot it now...

I doubt we will get an OT falcon using solo characters. We already got Landos **** for the solo group. Would be kinda dumb to bring another ship on for the same group
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    NobleJEW wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

I doubt we will get an OT falcon using solo characters. We already got Landos **** for the solo group. Would be kinda dumb to bring another ship on for the same group

What else would you use to unlock it, though? If it is released in a similar matter as Luke, and it definitely deserves it, Solo characters are the appropriate choice. Not to pilot it, mind you, just for the unlock.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    You needed Luke to unlock Luke, Rey to unlock Rey, it makes sense to need the Falcon to unlock the Falcon.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    The problem with the Solo chars is that there is no tag, so it can't be for a Legendary. They could do a Legendary requiring Smugglers, but I'm not sure they could do a Hero's Journey with the Solo chars. Maybe some other type of event to unlock a char, since Carrie did say "Legendary and Heroic type" (emphasis mine) events.

And some argue that it can't be KOTOR because there is no faction synergy, even though we have an actual faction tag with 5 members.

It's hard to say. I'm going hard in the paint for the KOTOR chars, and not so much on the Solo chars.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    The shard characters in the weekly store are: BH and KOTOR characters.

They have said they wanted that store to be relevant to events in game. Take that for what it is worth.
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Cargo ships....
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I was farming Solo toons until KOTOR went farmable. My reasoning is that while I guessed that Solo toons might lead to a legendary, I think we pretty much know that KOTOR toons will lead to a legendary.

But I am still hedging my bets by keeping on Young Lando/Falcon in the ships PvE. That way, in case a "hero's journey type" (Carrie's wording) event happens for OT Falcon, I might still be ready or at least in striking distance. And I can hit the Lando/Falcon node without hurting my KOTOR farming significantly. (But alas for my poor 6* qira and 5* L3 that are behind the Mission/T3 wall now.)
    Post edited by gufu21 on
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    I was farming Solo toons until KOTOR went farmable. My reasoning is that while I guessed that Solo toons might lead to a legendary, I think we pretty much know that KOTOR toons will lead to a legendary.

But I am still hedging my bets by keeping on Young Lando/Falcon in the ships PvE. That way, in case a "hero's journey type" (Carrie's wording) event happens for OT Falcon, I might still be ready or at least in striking distance. And I can hit the Lando/Falcon node without hurting my KOTOR farming significantly. (But alas for my poor 6* qira and L3 that are behind the Mission/T3 wall now.)

Except bastila is also a ship pve farm