Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• VodoKai
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    VodoKai wrote: »
    There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to 7* Chewbacca. It's pure rng at this point and I'm very unlucky. I have five G12 guys, all zeta is maxed, and I can't even get close. I know people with less gear did it, so it's very frustrating. I rolled over 1-6*, but this 7* is out of this world!

Which hunters? What strategy have you been using?

I'm trying to go for Lando, Chu, and then the rest, but farthest I get is Lando, lol.

626506x61bq6.png
  • Nauros wrote: »
    There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to 7* Chewbacca. It's pure rng at this point and I'm very unlucky. I have five G12 guys, all zeta is maxed, and I can't even get close. I know people with less gear did it, so it's very frustrating. I rolled over 1-6*, but this 7* is out of this world!

What mods are you using? That's probably the most important factor, generally you need to be as fast as possible to at least somewhat keep up with their crazy speed.

It's got to be the mods. The fastest I have is 198 Bossk, and 182 Boba, then it gets worse from there for speed. I get off maybe 5 attacks total, but it's always too late to really do anything by then.

okxm74yr9fzq.png
  • I have g12 Boba, g11 Dengar, g10 Greedo and it’s impossible. This event is making me want to delete the app. It’s a RNG fest and nothing else.

Even stacked with potency they can’t survive the damage.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I'm trying to go for Lando, Chu, and then the rest, but farthest I get is Lando, lol.

626506x61bq6.png

What's their speed? I did it without Bossk once I got my Boba and Greedo to 230-ish, the rest didn't matter much. Greedo is great for his tm reduction, helps keep Han in check. You could also probably use a fast Bossk for his mass attack. Dengar can stay slower if you don't have the mods, his main utility is in negating the smoke screen.
  • Nauros wrote: »

626506x61bq6.png

What's their speed? I did it without Bossk once I got my Boba and Greedo to 230-ish, the rest didn't matter much. Greedo is great for his tm reduction, helps keep Han in check. You could also probably use a fast Bossk for his mass attack. Dengar can stay slower if you don't have the mods, his main utility is in negating the smoke screen.

Yeah, I think that's my problem. I have Bossk at 198, Boba at 182, Dengar at 127, Zam at 190, and Greedo at 150. I'll play around with mods and get my speeds up! Thanks for the help!
  • Kenjiro wrote: »
    I just need to know that 7* is possible without dengar... I dont want to farm that madafaka

I did it without Dengar but it took 200+ attempts (estimating). Having a G12 zBossk lead certainly helped.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

626506x61bq6.png

Yeah, I think that's my problem. I have Bossk at 198, Boba at 182, Dengar at 127, Zam at 190, and Greedo at 150. I'll play around with mods and get my speeds up! Thanks for the help!

Good luck. Your gear is fine, so you should be able to make it after the adjustment.
  • I agree about the Boba random damage bit - I had the same in tier 6 but it's kinda the same thing as what's happening to me in ships anyway so ive come to accept it.
    Funny enough, the one time I was lucky enough to come through and complete T6, was decided by me skipping Chewie and taking out Lando who was lower priority but had slightly lower hp and more debuffs on him. It gave Boba the fresh air he needed (along with a sudden burst of good luck while laying dets) to finish the match...

• [/quote]

626506x61bq6.png
    [/quote]

Definitely start attacking Chewie as early as possible, even if you’ve already started working a different toon over. I also found that usually AOE’s cause ME more damage than them, thanks to Han.

• I am not overly inclined to contribute to the complaints about new events that are harder than people want them to be. I rather like that they are hard. I do not want to have the game handed to me on a silver platter. However I do have one major issue that has upset my considerably the last few days: Knowing which characters to farm.

Now I understand that you, Capital Games, designs these events to generate profit, which, thereby leads to funding for new content, ect. I do not have an issue with that. However, I went all in farming and gearing Bossk, Cad Bane, Boba, IG-88 and Greedo. And I spent a fair amount getting them ready, particularly where it comes to Bossk.

My logic was that it would require at least 1 new toon, and Bossk seemed the most impactful. Cad and IG-88, admittedly were the most accessible, and Boba has been the centerpiece of Bounty Hunters for a long while now. However, it turns out, only once it is too late for me to farm them, that it was Dengar, and to a lesser degree Zam Wessel that we needed.

Now I understand and think it is nice that characters that weren't recently Marquees and have been available for some time were the corner stones of the event, but given the time and resources I have invested in the game for this event, I find it HUGELY frustrating that the difference between me and a 7* Chewie, which would have made up for how poorly you have designed the shard appearance for some characters (ie Chirrut, who will go days without appearing for me) in the Sith Raid, which currently is the primary focus for most players.

It would be much more effective, I think, to either be more open and honest about the characters that will be needed, or else make all characters more readily available, and tailor the events to finding the right strategy. Or at the VERY least, give us more time ahead of an event requiring a faction rather than 5 specific toons, so we can be ready will all characters we will need, and make the financial bottle neck the gear.

Just my takeaway.
  • Anyone looking for an alternative, last ditch strategy, try modding for protection as primaries not speed. I managed 7* without Dengar but with zBossk lead and mix of G11 (zam, cad, greedo) and G12 (boba) toons. No other zetas and not even every omega. If you can survive the first wave (which no speed boosts will prevent happening) and get some good RNG with R2, stuns etc. it is doable. There are 4 potential prot primary mod slots with a 94% aggregate prot boost on offer. Choose secondaries of speed, crit chance and potency to suit the various toons.
  • Funny thing is ppl always think speed is the king, but actually some other stats helped me through this.
  • Anyone looking for an alternative, last ditch strategy, try modding for protection as primaries not speed. I managed 7* without Dengar but with zBossk lead and mix of G11 (zam, cad, greedo) and G12 (boba) toons. No other zetas and not even every omega. If you can survive the first wave (which no speed boosts will prevent happening) and get some good RNG with R2, stuns etc. it is doable. There are 4 potential prot primary mod slots with a 94% aggregate prot boost on offer. Choose secondaries of speed, crit chance and potency to suit the various toons.

I used the exact same team and agree fully. The speed was helpful once Bossk contract was met. Then I just started picking off one toon at a time. But high speed isn't king for this because you need things to fall perfect during the initial barrage.
  • I thought the event was great. I had to throw a zeta on my G12 Bossk, but hey, I have 7* Chewie, so those were zeta mats well spent.

My only issue is the absurd, almost heroic sith levels of rng/resetting you have to do, combined with having to watch that god forsaken cutscene EVERY time.

My G12 Bossk was sometimes killed before he could take a single turn... A G12 tank, just obliterated. Come on now CG.

Dengar is a HUGE help, dare I say even the MVP. Of course, it goes to RNG concerning it, but his stealth block was critical imo.

My successful run had Bossk survive the opening salvo, someone besides Dengar or Bossk getting stunned from Han, and Dengar of course going into stealth. Once all that was done, a quick stun to Chewie and keep him stun locked for as long as humanly possible and/or until you can get him down. Once Chewie falls, the rest of the team has no damage that can compare to the Bossk's zeta leadership's health and protection regen. Nearly every BH has at least some form of debuff application, often AE or via multiple hits, so it's not unusual for each turn to regain at least 10% health/prot on each of your BH.
  • First let me say I understand this is a difficult event and should be, but can we make the opening cut scene skip able? It was great the first couple times but when you play this event 100+ times trying to beat it and have to watch it every time it stops being cool and is just annoying!
  • Absolutely Ridiculous!! Have 2 Gear 12, 2 Gear 11, and 1 Gear 10. I can't even get 2 shots off on Tier 7. Ea, you are just money grabbing. Nerf this already!!! Freaking stupid. I have invested so kuch in this game. But, I think I speak for all of us when I say C-YA Later, if you don't fix this NOW!
  • Like above posts, w zbossk I got this by focusing Chewie and omitting any aoe until he was dead
  • 7* is not happening for me. Ok. I will collect Bossk and Dengar for next time, but I won't be happy about it. Kinda like how you made me build up 7* Dathcha, Nebit, and Scav so I could farm CD mods.

If Jedi Luke drops before I can finish 7* Chewie, I will be disappoint.
  • I am disappointed to say the least with how over the top difficult they made the Chewie event. I have gear 12 Bossk and Boba, gear 11 Cad and IG-88, and gear 9 Greedo. I have plus 120 mod sets on everyone of them. Zeta lead on Bossk. I’ve played the event around 25-30 times so far. Best I’ve done is kill 2 toons, one time. I know you need Dengar supposedly to make it easier, but this is ridiculous. CG is really killing this game. Taking all of the fun out of it. Everything is a **** grind anymore. All of the Marquee toons, the new mods, then this garbage event. I’m disgusted, and thinking of quitting.
  • Add dengar, enjoy easy mode.
  • Stokat wrote: »
    I beg you all, delete all these posts or at the very least stick them into one big girly crybaby "poor me...I'm not prepared to put the time and/or money into the game and I demand all the good new stuff for free and right now or I'll scweam and scweam and scweam!" thread.

Thank you.

100% agree. The entitlement has reached new levels. It’s utterly ridiculous.

Please it's no different than entitled big spenders who complain when they lose to free to play players in arena or when f2p/low spenders get new characters fast. "Wahh I spent real money so that I could be the best without having any skill wahh. It's no fair someone who didn't Pay to Win beat me. I paid to have an advantage over everyone one else wahh.

Seriously entitlement goes both ways and for the record very few games with pvp or competitive pve elements let people buy gear and other valuable resources outright. And most mmo games only let players buy aesthetic items with money and not ingame advantages like this game. Both sides of the player spectrum in this game are entitled.

Also plenty of people I'm sure put the time in, however they aren't mind readers so it's a little hard to prepare specific groups or characters when you don't know what's coming. And the idea that people who are prepared are some how more strategic or better at the game is laughable.
  • I 7* chewie and I will hand it to them, they designed a very good toon.

This said I think the event had several flaws. First and foremost being the rng, it's simply not fun to have to keep restarting until things go just right with dengar/r2 and then things go just right with landing stuns on chewie which is also dependent on whether the toon you need goes first or a rebel goes first.

The other flaw being the ramp up with tier 5. I get tier 7 being crazy hard but tier 5 doesn't encourage or reward panic farming as the requirements are too high to realistically meet. The event thoroughly convinced me not to bother worrying about farming kotor toons or any other faction I don't already have sitting at 7* g8 because the event made clear you need your toons starting at that point to have a chance of being able to panic gear to unlock a legendary toon. I get panic farming is the way this game makes money, but you shouldn't pull a Lucy and pull the football away from the Charlie Brown player base that is anticipating a shiny new 5* toon for their panic farming efforts & money.
  • Tsfletch72
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Difficulty is way off on 7* but even more enraging is the silly cut scene. It was mildly entertaining the first time, after 100+ it’s just silly. Please think this stuff through, you’ve jacked the difficulty up to the point that maybe 1/1000 players is going to beat this first try. Get rid of the cut scene or code it in such a way that it plays ONCE.
  • Just want to say thanks to everyone that gave me advice. I finally beat it! Modding for speed and going for Chewbacca first is what ended up working for me.
  • The only "problem" with the event is that dengar is essential for the anti stealth if you don't have bossk or the other new ones.

For your record, I don't have him nor Bossk so I am stuck at 6*. That's suck but that is how it is. The lucky ones are only those who had dengar, period. That is not how I would have manage it but heh I am not CG ^^
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    The only "problem" with the event is that dengar is essential for the anti stealth if you don't have bossk or the other new ones.

For your record, I don't have him nor Bossk so I am stuck at 6*. That's suck but that is how it is. The lucky ones are only those who had dengar, period. That is not how I would have manage it but heh I am not CG ^^

yep I also went with what I had and hoped the event would not turn out to need either the new ones or dengar r2 shouldn't even be there lorewise.

however I just hope they'll not bring the new luke before the next round of chewie

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    The only "problem" with the event is that dengar is essential for the anti stealth if you don't have bossk or the other new ones.

The lucky ones are the ones who managed to win the RNG lottery. I'm running a full gear 12 team with zBoba and and Dengar and still can't kill off more than 2 toons.

What's your speed? It matters a lot in this event.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I figured the event was gonna be hard. Since the last legendary event we’ve seen G12 and 6* mods added.

My only 2 beefs with the event was the fact that it may take a few restarts to get a good RNG(which is what I hate most about this game) Yeah Sith Raid and ship arena I’m also talking about you.

My second beef is watching toons like my G12 IG88 die as if they were naked and had no gear at all.

I didn’t feel like switching mods around from arena to the event all week long just to scrape by with one toon left standing. Nor did I feel like trying 100 times for a good RNG. I just had to farm Bossks shards/ and gear up him and Dengar. The rest of my BH were already in G11-G12.

Last night I bought the last 25 shards I needed for Bossk, quickly equipping his last Gear piece, switch 2 of my arena mods to Boba and Bossk then entered the event.

Took me 4 tries w/ a G12Bossk/Boba/Ig88 and G11 Greedo and Dengar...which to be honest was 3 tries to much. When you have a basically fully geared team and still scrape by even though half your team has decent mods...makes me feel like the developers are just milking $$$$ from the players. Yeah the event should be hard..but it shouldn’t take multiple tries for the win.

Either way there was no way I was waiting 6 months for the event to return.

I’m guessing we can expect future events also be difficult since the addition of G12 and 6* mods.

I just wish RNG wasn’t as much of a factor in this game. But whatever...I’m just a player not a developer.

Post edited by JediMindTricks on